Forums/Armchair-GM

guesses

Créé par: impaaaaact
Équipe: 2021-22 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 9 août 2021
Publié: 9 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I think the ship has sailed on adding a LD. They're going to get a good long look at Salo and Bolduc in training camp and are going to rely on one of them to eat a good amount of minutes - my guess is that Salo has the edge has he's played a couple of hundred professional games. If it doesn't work out, they'll make a trade towards deadline time. Locker room guys Hickey and Komarov stay on the roster. Not an ideal scenario, but hopefully Salo can handle responsibilities similar to how Toews did in his first season up.

Final offseason turnover comes down to Leddy, Eberle, Bailey out - Lee (back), Tarasenko, Parise and Salo in
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
34 000 000 $
2750 000 $
1900 000 $
1750 000 $
23 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 250 000 $
2750 000 $
21 000 000 $
62 500 000 $
Transactions
STL
  1. Aho, Sebastian
  2. Bailey, Josh
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (COL)
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $77 446 688 $1 365 854 $1 357 500 $4 053 312 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 5
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 5
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
DG
RFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 août 2021 à 14 h 50
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Yes, every guess is up in the air with defense in reference to this team. You can make an argument for a trade still, for Aho taking the spot, Hickey or one of the guys you mentioned.

My biggest thing is still with Tarasenko. It has been said that other teams have opted to go in different directions. (other teams reported, which is why I believe a little more) New Jersey was mentioned that they did not not like the medical from Tarasenko and that's why they went with Tatar. I wouldn't want to give up multiple pieces for him knowing we MIGHT need help on D at some point and may need pieces for that.
9 août 2021 à 14 h 58
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 882
I could be wrong but I really don't think the Blues want Bailey. He's a good player but Blues don't want him for 3 years. They want Tarasenko's money freed up for next year. They need to resign Parayko after this season - hoping he can get something similar to Pelech but fearful after seeing Nurse, Werenski, and Jones deals. The Blues also really want to make a play for M. Tkachuk eventually. Thinking the deal would be more like Komarov, Hickey, and then Blues actually get back decent player(s) Salo, Dobson, Bolduc, maybe Wilde (although don't really like his game) and maybe a 2nd. I also don't really consider Bellows to be that good since he's always one of the ones offered by Isles fans. Most of those that say Tarasenko is damaged goods, also seem to want him on their top line which is ironic...

The more this goes on, think Blues might make Tarasenko come back and prove his health/value. He hasn't had an off-season since the Blues won the cup and is apparently getting in really good shape. I think he'll score at least 30 next year. I also don't think he's damaged goods - think he's finally healthy.
9 août 2021 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 24
Quoting: Chooch
I could be wrong but I really don't think the Blues want Bailey. He's a good player but Blues don't want him for 3 years. They want Tarasenko's money freed up for next year. They need to resign Parayko after this season - hoping he can get something similar to Pelech but fearful after seeing Nurse, Werenski, and Jones deals. The Blues also really want to make a play for M. Tkachuk eventually. Thinking the deal would be more like Komarov, Hickey, and then Blues actually get back decent player(s) Salo, Dobson, Bolduc, maybe Wilde (although don't really like his game) and maybe a 2nd. I also don't really consider Bellows to be that good since he's always one of the ones offered by Isles fans. Most of those that say Tarasenko is damaged goods, also seem to want him on their top line which is ironic...

The more this goes on, think Blues might make Tarasenko come back and prove his health/value. He hasn't had an off-season since the Blues won the cup and is apparently getting in really good shape. I think he'll score at least 30 next year. I also don't think he's damaged goods - think he's finally healthy.

You hope Tarasenko's healthy. If it's true that his medicals scared off other teams, then that's a huge problem. Don't hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Also don't do sunk cost fallacy. And expecting him to be a 30 goal scorer after 3 shoulder surgeries isn't going to be easy. Plus, he doesn't want to be on the team and his contract is a lot of money. If the Devils and Rangers have dropped out, what other options do the Blues have to trade him? If it's a limited market the Blues should just bite the bullet and take the best return they can- and if they're up against Lou Lamoriello, prepare for pain (assuming the Isles are in the running).
9 août 2021 à 16 h 4
Quoting: Fafhrd
You hope Tarasenko's healthy. If it's true that his medicals scared off other teams, then that's a huge problem. Don't hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Also don't do sunk cost fallacy. And expecting him to be a 30 goal scorer after 3 shoulder surgeries isn't going to be easy. Plus, he doesn't want to be on the team and his contract is a lot of money. If the Devils and Rangers have dropped out, what other options do the Blues have to trade him? If it's a limited market the Blues should just bite the bullet and take the best return they can- and if they're up against Lou Lamoriello, prepare for pain (assuming the Isles are in the running).

Weird - you're and Islanders fan... "The Blues should just take Lou's offer so we can then project Tarasenko on our first line". The Blues GM is just as stubborn as Lou, so good luck with that. The Rangers were never in on Tarasenko otherwise that trade would have happened with the Buchnevich trade.
9 août 2021 à 18 h 30
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084

There’s no way you actually think it’s realistic that the Blues can get a player like Dobson for Tarasenko.
9 août 2021 à 18 h 45
Modifié 9 août 2021 à 18 h 54
Quoting: Db1899
There’s no way you actually think it’s realistic that the Blues can get a player like Dobson for Tarasenko.

Dobson is your 3rd best RHD. Tarasenko would be your best RW…ya I think there’s a way. I also wasn’t saying it would be him necessarily. Islanders do seem to be overflowing with young dmen though. The Blues aren’t going to take 2 shi++y contracts In Komorav and Hickey and give you Tarasenko without getting something good return.
9 août 2021 à 18 h 50
Dobson is your 3rd best RHD. Tarasenko would be your best RW…ya I think there’s a way. I also wasn’t saying it would be him necessarily. Islanders do seem to be overflowing with you dmen though. The Blues aren’t going to take 2 shi++y contracts In Komorav and Hickey and give you Tarasenko without getting something good return.

No, he is not. Over the last two seasons Dobson has been better than Mayfield. By the end of next season Dobson will be on the top pair. Put it this way, if the blues offered Tarasenko and two 1sts for Dobson, the Islanders would still decline.

Tarasenko has been brutal the last 2 years . It’s highly unlikely he’ll be anything more than a middle 6 winger next year. He would not be the isles best rw.
9 août 2021 à 19 h 2
No, he is not. Over the last two seasons Dobson has been better than Mayfield. By the end of next season Dobson will be on the top pair. Put it this way, if the blues offered Tarasenko and two 1sts for Dobson, the Islanders would still decline.

Tarasenko has been brutal the last 2 years . It’s highly unlikely he’ll be anything more than a middle 6 winger next year. He would not be the isles best rw.

When healthy (and he’s healthy now), Tarasenko is better than any forward on your team not named Barzal. I understand his value is diminished due to the shoulder but the Islanders aren’t going to get him for the crap trades that are proposed on here….It would have happened already if that’s the case.
9 août 2021 à 19 h 6
When healthy (and he’s healthy now), Tarasenko is better than any forward on your team not named Barzal. I understand his value is diminished due to the shoulder but the Islanders aren’t going to get him for the crap trades that are proposed on here….It would have happened already if that’s the case.

Tarasenko was healthy last season and he was terrible. Even being healthy doesn’t guarantee he’ll be what he was 3-4 years ago. He’s turning 30 and he’s already on the decline.

If the blues want a 2nd rd pick, they’ll have to retain salary or take back a bad contract. The fact that so many blues fans on social media think that Beauvillier or Dobson is a realistic return is insane.
9 août 2021 à 19 h 18
Tarasenko was healthy last season and he was terrible. Even being healthy doesn’t guarantee he’ll be what he was 3-4 years ago. He’s turning 30 and he’s already on the decline.

If the blues want a 2nd rd pick, they’ll have to retain salary or take back a bad contract. The fact that so many blues fans on social media think that Beauvillier or Dobson is a realistic return is insane.

Tarasenko played in 28 games last year including playoffs and put up 16 points. He was coming back from another surgery that finally fixed his problem and yes he didn’t look great but never had an off-season. The year before he had 10 pts in 10 games…The Blues had other issues as well last year. If you honestly think the blues would retain and only receive a 2nd then you are not really worth talking to. That trade would have happened already if that’s what it would take.
9 août 2021 à 21 h 46
Tarasenko played in 28 games last year including playoffs and put up 16 points. He was coming back from another surgery that finally fixed his problem and yes he didn’t look great but never had an off-season. The year before he had 10 pts in 10 games…The Blues had other issues as well last year. If you honestly think the blues would retain and only receive a 2nd then you are not really worth talking to. That trade would have happened already if that’s what it would take.

Tarasenko had 2 even strength goals in 24 games - his ability to drive play offensively fell off a cliff and he struggled to get shots off from the high slot. I wouldn’t give Tarasenko 7.5 x 2 if he’s a UFA, there’s no chance any team is giving up significant assets for him. He is damaged goods, whether blues fans want to admit it or not. The surgery permantly affected the range of motion in his shoulder so his shot will never be as good as it once was. He also has at least a 50% chance of reinjuring himself.
10 août 2021 à 11 h 47
Démarrer sujet
impaaaaact
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18

A deal like Tarasenko for Bolduc, Wilde, Komarov, Hickey and a second feels like it could work, although it also sort of feels like a NHL 2021 trade where you just keep adding little pieces until the other team accepts hahaha. Still, it makes sense - Komarov is the kind of presence that seems like would fit right in with the Blues vibe - plus him and hickey come off of the books next season so you can re-sign Parayko. Bolduc, Wilde and a second is essentially three seconds which sounds about right. And while Bolduc would be a tough till to swallow, Wilde is essentially blocked at RD for the next couple of years. I'd make the trade.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 18
Weird - you're and Islanders fan... "The Blues should just take Lou's offer so we can then project Tarasenko on our first line". The Blues GM is just as stubborn as Lou, so good luck with that. The Rangers were never in on Tarasenko otherwise that trade would have happened with the Buchnevich trade.

So because I'm an Isles fan that negates my viewpoint? Huh, I love ad homimens.

The Blues should trade Tarasenko because he wants out and they're stuck with $15 million on the cap. He's a massive risk for anyone to take on because of his shoulder surgeries- and no amount of wishcasting and sunk cost fallacy will make his value better. I'm not sure I WANT Tarasenko on the Isles; he's that much of a risk. I'd only want him if I can make him go away if he stinks next season, and at $7.5 million I'm not playing ball. If I was the Blues GM I'd take any rose-tinted glasses out of the equation and see how much the money I could get off the cap and replace it with useful pieces. Komarov is a useful player who's contract ends this coming season. It's a manageable cap hit, and you can flip him midseason if need be. Take on a 2nd tier prospect like Holmstrom or Bellows (who's fringe 1st tier, TBH) and a 2nd round pick. That gets you out of Tarasenko's contract for 2022-2023 and gets some value back. DO NOT go into negotiations thinking "well, he's still a 30 goal scorer." Until further notice, he's not. He's closer to Loui Eriksson than Stanley Cup Tarasenko right now.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 20
Tarasenko had 2 even strength goals in 24 games - his ability to drive play offensively fell off a cliff and he struggled to get shots off from the high slot. I wouldn’t give Tarasenko 7.5 x 2 if he’s a UFA, there’s no chance any team is giving up significant assets for him. He is damaged goods, whether blues fans want to admit it or not. The surgery permantly affected the range of motion in his shoulder so his shot will never be as good as it once was. He also has at least a 50% chance of reinjuring himself.

Exactly this. He might return to form but the odds aren't great. Blues fans need to get over that he used to be great and he might not be anymore. Sunk cost fallacy hits hard.
10 août 2021 à 17 h 38
Quoting: Fafhrd
So because I'm an Isles fan that negates my viewpoint? Huh, I love ad homimens.

The Blues should trade Tarasenko because he wants out and they're stuck with $15 million on the cap. He's a massive risk for anyone to take on because of his shoulder surgeries- and no amount of wishcasting and sunk cost fallacy will make his value better. I'm not sure I WANT Tarasenko on the Isles; he's that much of a risk. I'd only want him if I can make him go away if he stinks next season, and at $7.5 million I'm not playing ball. If I was the Blues GM I'd take any rose-tinted glasses out of the equation and see how much the money I could get off the cap and replace it with useful pieces. Komarov is a useful player who's contract ends this coming season. It's a manageable cap hit, and you can flip him midseason if need be. Take on a 2nd tier prospect like Holmstrom or Bellows (who's fringe 1st tier, TBH) and a 2nd round pick. That gets you out of Tarasenko's contract for 2022-2023 and gets some value back. DO NOT go into negotiations thinking "well, he's still a 30 goal scorer." Until further notice, he's not. He's closer to Loui Eriksson than Stanley Cup Tarasenko right now.

If Lou offered Komerov, Bellows or Holmstrom, and a 2nd and took Tarasenko's full ticket, then yes, the Blues probably do it. They would probably even take Hickey in that instance as they want the cap space in 2022-2023. They are not going to take that turd sandwich of a package and eat half of his salary for two years though. At this point, the Blues are probably just going to make him come back and re-establish his value. They were willing to lose him in the expansion draft because 1) they could have kept Dunn then and 2) they could have used his salary in free agency. That has passed. He hasn't had a training camp or a healthy off season until this year though. I don't believe, and don't think the Blues believe that he is a sunk cost at this point. We shall see.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage