SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Who has the worst contract and why

9 août 2021 à 12 h 32
Smythe.over.Hart
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Just listed a bunch of names I have seen on different ACGM's. If you see a name on here you disagree with, that is fine. Their contract has been labeled as bad on this site before. That is all. Who is missing?
9 août 2021 à 12 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Smythe.over.Hart
Contracts I find bad:
- Darnell Nurse.
- Cody Ceci (seriously Holland? What???)
- Vlasic
- Gardiner... I thought it was done in 2022... My god there is another year of it after.
- That Jeff Petry contract is suspect
- I love Jaden Schwartz. But 5.5 for 5 years for a guy who misses a lot is scary.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,386
Modifié 9 août 2021 à 12 h 48
Skinner, Karlsson, Doughty, or Bob
Saskleaf et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 36
Meme Account
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 288
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
Contracts I find bad:
- Darnell Nurse.
- Cody Ceci (seriously Holland? What???)
- Vlasic
- Gardiner... I thought it was done in 2022... My god there is another year of it after.
- That Jeff Petry contract is suspect
- I love Jaden Schwartz. But 5.5 for 5 years for a guy who misses a lot is scary.

Petry would've got more if they waited till after season to sign him
RobbStark03, imawesome, Faulk_my_Dzingel and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 37
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 8,828
Bob. Hands down. 5 years 10m for a soon to be backup with an NMC…..woof.
redw1n9s, Gmonwy et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 39
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,984
If I had to pick a top 5:

1: Jeff Skinner
2: Sergei Bobrovsky
3: TIE - The Sharks Blueliners
4: Seth Jones
5: Drew Doughty
HOCKEYBOY448, Faulk_my_Dzingel, Gmonwy and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 39
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,370
Bob, Vlasic, Nurse, Skinner, karlsson in no particular order
Faulk_my_Dzingel et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 39
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Bobrovsky is the worst. No question. Karlsson, and skinner are up there too.
redw1n9s a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 39
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 556
Price's contract just saved us Jake Allen due to expansion draft.
Petry would have made more on the open market, and is a #1D on half the teams in the league, underrated player.

Weber's contract is only bad to Nashville, not to Montreal. Or did we just forget how he played on one leg and one hand in the playoffs?
Faulk_my_Dzingel a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 39
Meme Account
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 288
Karlsson/Burns/Vlasic are going to hurt for a while
Bob - Just why? Mans middle name is 1 good then 2 bad seasons.
JT - Too much term + age
Skinner - *opens HockeyDB*
9 août 2021 à 12 h 40
Leafs Sufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Quoting: Gofnut999
Bob. Hands down. 5 years 10m for a soon to be backup with an NMC…..woof.

That was my original thought, until I looked at Skinner's contract.

He has the benefit of the doubt for not playing on the greatest team, but $9M for an average of around 20 points these past couple seasons, plus full NMC for all years remaining on his contract. At least Bob's can be traded in the last couple years.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 40
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
Kreider also for the Rangers.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 47
Seth Jones by far. His game has already gone to crap and it's another year before that monster contract even starts.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 45
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
mondo top 5 bad contract:

1. Vlasic
2. Skinner
3. Weber
4. Karlsson
5. Ekman-Larsson
9 août 2021 à 12 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Smythe.over.Hart
Quoting: HabsRSus
Petry would've got more if they waited till after season to sign him

Quoting: RobbStark03
Petry would have made more on the open market, and is a #1D on half the teams in the league, underrated player.

Weber's contract is only bad to Nashville, not to Montreal. Or did we just forget how he played on one leg and one hand in the playoffs?

If Petry continues his play I agree. I am just suspect of the deal as there is 4 more years of it and the guy is already 33. That's all!
RobbStark03 a aimé ceci.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 47
In Zito We Trust
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,596
Karlsson is the worst one, he makes the most money here and for 6 years, while having been pretty bad for the past 2 yrs
9 août 2021 à 12 h 47
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Clearly Vlasic
9 août 2021 à 12 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 556
Quoting: faulkmydzingel
If Petry continues his play I agree. I am just suspect of the deal as there is 4 more years of it and the guy is already 33. That's all!

He keeps getting better with age. Maybe he levels out, but no signs of slowing down yet.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 48
Mentions "j'aime": 8,828
Quoting: Ritzy

He has the benefit of the doubt for not playing on the greatest team, but $9M for an average of around 20 points these past couple seasons, plus full NMC for all years remaining on his contract. At least Bob's can be traded in the last couple years.

Skinner was my second choice. He was never going to live up to that contract. Knee jerk reaction to a great season in a contract year.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 49
redw1n9s
Rejoint: mars 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 572
1. Bob
2. Nurse
3. EK / Skinner
4. Jones
5. Price
Very honorable mention: Ovechkin
9 août 2021 à 12 h 56
Leafs Sufferer
Mentions "j'aime": 3,511
Quoting: redw1n9s
1. Bob
2. Nurse
3. EK / Skinner
4. Jones
5. Price
Very honorable mention: Ovechkin

Don't think anyone will classify Ovi's contract as bad. He has a realistic shot at coming close to Gretzky's all time goals, and was a major piece in turning the entire franchise around when he was drafted.

Pay the man what he wants.
9 août 2021 à 12 h 58
redw1n9s
Rejoint: mars 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 572
Don't think anyone will classify Ovi's contract as bad. He has a realistic shot at coming close to Gretzky's all time goals, and was a major piece in turning the entire franchise around when he was drafted.

Pay the man what he wants.

Ya, that's only how it works if you're a selfish player. Plenty of much better players around the league that make less and took less so their GMs can ice better teams.

Good for Ovi and that record, but that contract is LOL funny.
9 août 2021 à 13 h 1
Lenny7
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Quoting: RobbStark03

No offense here, but Allen just put up below league average numbers last season, and for his career, his numbers are right around league average. Not sure why not losing him in expansion is considered a huge win, when instead you lost a decent young D prospect instead? Maybe there was no real future in Montreal for Fleury, but I don't think it's a huge win by any means.

Not saying that Allen isn't a capable backup, but those guys are a dime a dozen. If we're banking on the 19/20 year, or 15/16, sure, he was solid, but overall, notsogreat.

With Petry, what a great offensive season last year! I'm assuming the OP has him here though due to concern about paying that much in an extension for the age 34-37 years. No reason for concern just yet, but we all know how the aging curve works 99% of the time.

You're right with Weber. If he was healthy, you'd be in trouble, but now it's a rough spot to put Nashville in (Perhaps why they've cleared so much payroll space?). It'll be interesting to see how it works out-The NHL were the ones to push for the recapture penalty to avoid contracts like his-Will they stick to their guns and actually penalize the Preds for this (which would be massive)? Or will they let Weber live out his career on LTIR if he is in fact done?
9 août 2021 à 13 h 1
Banni

The difference here is he can still provide some value. An overpaid winger isn’t the end of the world. A massively overpaid back up goalie though? That’s a rough one.
9 août 2021 à 13 h 2
Banni
Quoting: Lenny7
No offense here, but Allen just put up below league average numbers last season, and for his career, his numbers are right around league average. Not sure why not losing him in expansion is considered a huge win, when instead you lost a decent young D prospect instead? Maybe there was no real future in Montreal for Fleury, but I don't think it's a huge win by any means.

Not saying that Allen isn't a capable backup, but those guys are a dime a dozen. If we're banking on the 19/20 year, or 15/16, sure, he was solid, but overall, notsogreat.

With Petry, what a great offensive season last year! I'm assuming the OP has him here though due to concern about paying that much in an extension for the age 34-37 years. No reason for concern just yet, but we all know how the aging curve works 99% of the time.

You're right with Weber. If he was healthy, you'd be in trouble, but now it's a rough spot to put Nashville in (Perhaps why they've cleared so much payroll space?). It'll be interesting to see how it works out-The NHL were the ones to push for the recapture penalty to avoid contracts like his-Will they stick to their guns and actually penalize the Preds for this (which would be massive)? Or will they let Weber live out his career on LTIR if he is in fact done?

At the same time, his numbers were better than Carey price’s last year.
RobbStark03 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage