Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs With No kerfoot

Créé par: larter232
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 7 août 2021
Publié: 7 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is just kind an exercise in seeing how the team looks if they remove kerfoot and dont add anyone, all the trades made are filling a purpose to the other teams and ill go in order.

Montreal trade

Montreal is in a real state needing centermen and they have an abundance of picks so its an almost no brainer montreal also has the cap space to add a player like kerfoot.

Buffalo is in need of a rebuild proper and frankly they dont have a scouting department or a development team, so 2 already developed prospects for a cheap cost also seems like a no brainer.

Arizona has 11 picks in this years draft, and will likely be looking to gain more, meaning they will be trading away current players which means they need more bodies for when that happens. Engvall is a good fit in a developing team hes shown flashes of real skill on the leafs just never got the minutes needed.

The end result of this is the ability to now use cap and picks at the deadline to make the team better for a push. 4 million in cap and some more picks opens alot of opportunity for the savey Kyle dubas.

The team is good enough to make the playoffs anyone no need to make huge decisions now better to get someone at the deadline.

Tell me what ya think.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (BUF)
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (BUF)
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (ARI)
TOR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (MTL)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de MTL
Logo de BUF
Logo de ARI
Logo de TOR
Logo de BUF
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $77 291 450 $0 $0 $4 208 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
900 000 $900 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, C
UFA

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 août 2021 à 18 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
I don't get the Buffalo trade. Why are we trading our prospects for low picks?

Abramov and Anderson are almost certainly closer to the NHL than what we could get with a 4th round or 7th round pick.
Lancebmx et TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 16
Démarrer sujet
larter
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 91
Quoting: Leafs_and_Sens_Fan
I don't get the Buffalo trade. Why are we trading our prospects for low picks?

Abramov and Anderson are almost certainly closer to the NHL than what we could get with a 4th round or 7th round pick.

The objective is for the deadline being able to trade picks for better player or retention on players at the deadline specificall. Those players are pretty good and will likely make the nhl, leafs dont have a ton of room for them right now.

Im pretty sure they are worht more than this but its this website every trade is done with a very watchful eye.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 24
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 455
I don't really like it. If there was an absolute upgrade on kerfoot at the trade deadline that you wanted, then trade him then. That LW spot is weak on the roster. You don't know if Robertson can play this year (it's been a mess with his injuries), many doubt Ritchie in the top six, and although I think Bunting is solid, he's still only played less than 30gms in the NHL. Kerfoot is still the best bet to actually play in your top six LW. Leafs are also in a more competitive division. Having Kerfoot on your roster contributing is far better than just accruing cap space. I guess the pick for Engvall is fine if you think there is no use for him on the team and that he would definitely get picked off waivers. I think he could be a good option as a cheap defensive player.

The Abramov and Anderson trade is just pointless to me. From everything I have read the leafs actually like these players and think they can contribute to the them (maybe as soon as this year with Anderson). Why would you give them up? To just recoup some draft picks? The picks will not help with your current timeline, and their value at the trade deadline is negligible. If you must trade a 4th, trade next year's 4th.
Lancebmx a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 25
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,101
Quoting: larter232
The objective is for the deadline being able to trade picks for better player or retention on players at the deadline specificall. Those players are pretty good and will likely make the nhl, leafs dont have a ton of room for them right now.

Kerfoot doesn't get a second.
Trading away one of Toronto's better prospects in Abramov is one of the dumbest things I've seen, especially with the excuse we don't really have room right now. There are 6 forwards with expiring contacts next season, not to mention he's team controlled on his entry level contract for the next 3 years. He is waiver exempt so he can be brought up and sent back if needed.
Anderson looks like he's ready for the nhl and will be fighting for a roster spot.
You stated in your description that Arizona will be looking to add more picks, they have zero reason to trade for Engvall who would probably be a minor cap dump. They might take him for free but definitely not paying anything for him.
Like are you expecting to trade those low picks you got for good prospects to be able to get something at the deadline? The players you traded away each have more value than both the picks combined.
Then the Ho-Sang signing after trading away players that could compete for that spot? Don't have room for them but have room for him?
7 août 2021 à 18 h 39
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
The habs probably consider it if they don’t land Bozak for an AAV around where Kerfoot is.

Although I have no idea why the Leafs would consider the trade. I get you want to make cap room, but Kerfoot is a valuable piece, and $16 million in deadline cap space seems a bit overkill to me.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 52
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
engvall is a waiver wire pick up. the rest seem fine.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 58
Démarrer sujet
larter
Quoting: TooMalevolent
I don't really like it. If there was an absolute upgrade on kerfoot at the trade deadline that you wanted, then trade him then. That LW spot is weak on the roster. You don't know if Robertson can play this year (it's been a mess with his injuries), many doubt Ritchie in the top six, and although I think Bunting is solid, he's still only played less than 30gms in the NHL. Kerfoot is still the best bet to actually play in your top six LW. Leafs are also in a more competitive division. Having Kerfoot on your roster contributing is far better than just accruing cap space. I guess the pick for Engvall is fine if you think there is no use for him on the team and that he would definitely get picked off waivers. I think he could be a good option as a cheap defensive player.

The Abramov and Anderson trade is just pointless to me. From everything I have read the leafs actually like these players and think they can contribute to the them (maybe as soon as this year with Anderson). Why would you give them up? To just recoup some draft picks? The picks will not help with your current timeline, and their value at the trade deadline is negligible. If you must trade a 4th, trade next year's 4th.

Ill go in order from top to bottom just to keep it clean

Very fair not to like it, and i dont really have a good option right now for deadline targeting because well its not the deadline and i have no idead who is actually gonna be a good team this year.

That LW is the weakest spot on the roster which is why i wouldnt hate trying to really buff it up at the deadline, i think the team will be good enough to make the playoffs despite the lw.

Robertson had been cleared of injury and ritchie on line 2 i think only happens if kerfoot is traded, but i think he can make it there his speed becomes less of an issue on the second line as its not a particularly fast line.

Frankly most of this post was to see the value of anderson and abramov, this is genuinly the first im hearing of either of them being close to nhl level, which knowing that i wouldnt trade them at all.

The only part i disagree with is the picks value at the deadline picks are pretty important to getting good players while retaining depth, now those specific picks may be weaker but they act as a suppliment to the 3 picks the leafs actually have.

All in all i enjoy the discussion, and appreciate the points you have made!
TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 19 h 8
Démarrer sujet
larter
Quoting: Lancebmx
Kerfoot doesn't get a second.
Trading away one of Toronto's better prospects in Abramov is one of the dumbest things I've seen, especially with the excuse we don't really have room right now. There are 6 forwards with expiring contacts next season, not to mention he's team controlled on his entry level contract for the next 3 years. He is waiver exempt so he can be brought up and sent back if needed.
Anderson looks like he's ready for the nhl and will be fighting for a roster spot.
You stated in your description that Arizona will be looking to add more picks, they have zero reason to trade for Engvall who would probably be a minor cap dump. They might take him for free but definitely not paying anything for him.
Like are you expecting to trade those low picks you got for good prospects to be able to get something at the deadline? The players you traded away each have more value than both the picks combined.
Then the Ho-Sang signing after trading away players that could compete for that spot? Don't have room for them but have room for him?

With montreals current center depth kerfoot absolutly gets you a second, he produces and is just a good centerman, he would have been 7th on the habs in points and their 3rd best centerman, but now they have lost danault so i think a second to fix that as easily as this is worth it.

This thread is the first ive heard of Joey anderson being nhl ready but ill defer to those who know him better after this exercise i woulnt trade him, or abramov at least not for a 4th, after being told here and looking at his numbers i agree with what yall are saying.

Yes arizona will be looking to gain more picks, but they need to retain cap compliancy and actually have players, engvall assists both that after arizona trades away players at the deadline, which they most definitly will do. and a 4th is pretty low cost for a player who would make their current roster.

Like i said i wasnt really sure on the value of those guys, in general i always undervalue prospects in trades on this website because if you do actual value for people most people just immediatly say

"You are not getting X for Y"

ho sang i think is signed by the leafs on matter what if hes good enough, so its just a preemptive addition based on what the upper management has said.

I can appreciate your poitns and while i dont agree with them all i think they are a nice way of thinking about this.
7 août 2021 à 19 h 9
Démarrer sujet
larter
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
The habs probably consider it if they don’t land Bozak for an AAV around where Kerfoot is.

Although I have no idea why the Leafs would consider the trade. I get you want to make cap room, but Kerfoot is a valuable piece, and $16 million in deadline cap space seems a bit overkill to me.

NGL i kinda forgot cap is worth 4 times what it normally is at the deadline. Last season kinda ****ed with my head with all the minor moves the leafs did lol.
Kotkaniemi15 et TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 19 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 455
Ill go in order from top to bottom just to keep it clean

Very fair not to like it, and i dont really have a good option right now for deadline targeting because well its not the deadline and i have no idead who is actually gonna be a good team this year.

That LW is the weakest spot on the roster which is why i wouldnt hate trying to really buff it up at the deadline, i think the team will be good enough to make the playoffs despite the lw.

Robertson had been cleared of injury and ritchie on line 2 i think only happens if kerfoot is traded, but i think he can make it there his speed becomes less of an issue on the second line as its not a particularly fast line.

Frankly most of this post was to see the value of anderson and abramov, this is genuinly the first im hearing of either of them being close to nhl level, which knowing that i wouldnt trade them at all.

The only part i disagree with is the picks value at the deadline picks are pretty important to getting good players while retaining depth, now those specific picks may be weaker but they act as a suppliment to the 3 picks the leafs actually have.

All in all i enjoy the discussion, and appreciate the points you have made!

I would want to make room for Robertson as well, I just don't know if they want to do that. Overall I would just be worried if Robertson starts in the AHL and Ritchie can't play in the top6 (consistently at least). In that case I would go Kerfoot-JT-Nylander. I liked the look of that line before and think Kerfoot's skill is a good fit next to them. Totally agree with you about getting someone at the deadline for LW. And your argument of moving Kerfoot has merit in case you can't build enough cap to get someone like Forsberg, Gaudreau, Domi, or whoever. In that case the other team has to take Kerfoot back or you have to move him in a different deal. Maybe that's tough at the deadline. I should not have dismissed that so quickly.
larter232 a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 20 h 1
Démarrer sujet
larter
Quoting: TooMalevolent
I would want to make room for Robertson as well, I just don't know if they want to do that. Overall I would just be worried if Robertson starts in the AHL and Ritchie can't play in the top6 (consistently at least). In that case I would go Kerfoot-JT-Nylander. I liked the look of that line before and think Kerfoot's skill is a good fit next to them. Totally agree with you about getting someone at the deadline for LW. And your argument of moving Kerfoot has merit in case you can't build enough cap to get someone like Forsberg, Gaudreau, Domi, or whoever. In that case the other team has to take Kerfoot back or you have to move him in a different deal. Maybe that's tough at the deadline. I should not have dismissed that so quickly.

I agree on all points!
TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 20 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 342
Montreal is looking for a top 6 center (this is not Kerfoot). Montreal just got some cap relief from an overpaid, undersized bottom 6 forward, they are not going to give up assets to get another one. And if they somehow thought they did need kerfoot, they are not giving up a 2nd in a deep draft for him.
7 août 2021 à 20 h 35
Démarrer sujet
larter
Quoting: gmurrayt
Montreal is looking for a top 6 center (this is not Kerfoot). Montreal just got some cap relief from an overpaid, undersized bottom 6 forward, they are not going to give up assets to get another one. And if they somehow thought they did need kerfoot, they are not giving up a 2nd in a deep draft for him.

i disagree with all points, Kerfoot definitely has the potential to be a top 6 center, he performed quite well in that position in the playoffs after a headshot left the leafs second line centerman out. He was almost a point per game. he currently would be the second best centerman on the habs in both production and experience and while the draft is deep the habs are looking to win the cup right, the 64th pick in the draft doesnt seem that good to me in such a case. The habs currently have 9 million in cap space to work with, adding a 3.5 million centerman into that is nothing in terms of cap, hes has a potential of a 40+point player and he brings a bit of feist thats larger than his actual size. Oh and hes gotten significantly better defensivly over the last 4 years and would buy into montreals system and the role of second line centerman.

Right now the habs options for second line centerman are
Caulfield, who hasnt played a game at center yet
An unsigned KK who has gotten better but isnt better than kerfoot yet
Cedric Paquette who is just not an option
And Jake Evans who is currently projected to be 4th line center at best.
7 août 2021 à 22 h 37
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,663
Rather pointless to have over 4,2m in cap and 20 man roster. Kerfoot is needed by the Leafs so that 3.5m, so the Leafs can find a way to have proper 22 man roster.
There is no taxi squad and please what is the purpose to even think of Ho Sang is an NHLer.
Crazy to trade Abramov and maybe even Anderson for no reason.
8 août 2021 à 11 h 34
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 342
i disagree with all points, Kerfoot definitely has the potential to be a top 6 center, he performed quite well in that position in the playoffs after a headshot left the leafs second line centerman out. He was almost a point per game. he currently would be the second best centerman on the habs in both production and experience and while the draft is deep the habs are looking to win the cup right, the 64th pick in the draft doesnt seem that good to me in such a case. The habs currently have 9 million in cap space to work with, adding a 3.5 million centerman into that is nothing in terms of cap, hes has a potential of a 40+point player and he brings a bit of feist thats larger than his actual size. Oh and hes gotten significantly better defensivly over the last 4 years and would buy into montreals system and the role of second line centerman.

Right now the habs options for second line centerman are
Caulfield, who hasnt played a game at center yet
An unsigned KK who has gotten better but isnt better than kerfoot yet
Cedric Paquette who is just not an option
And Jake Evans who is currently projected to be 4th line center at best.

Kerfoot has potential for a 2nd line center? I am not even sure he is a quality 3rd line center. He should be on the wing. Caufield is not an option at center, you using him as a potential choice makes me wonder if you are at familiar at all with the Canadien's team. KK is an RFA so he will be signed, and he will be given the first chance to be 2nd line center. He just turned 21, has shown flashes, uses his size in the offensive end, and has played 2 years already for the team, if Montreal is going to put anyone at 2C based on potential, it will be him. You do realize don't you that the playoffs that you are basing all of Kerfoot's praise on consisted of seven (7) games. I give you kudos for your positive thoughts with Montreal's 2nd round pick being 64th, but Kerfoot is not making Montreal a Stanley Cup favorite. Chances are trading for him doesn't change Montreal's odds of winning the cup one bit.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage