Forums/Armchair-GM

Unacceptable Read Description

Créé par: Stgstg55
Équipe: 2021-22 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 6 août 2021
Publié: 6 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Bob Murray’s time as the Anaheim Duck’s general manager needs to be over.

He’s has been nothing but disappointing for the past 4 years and has done barley anything, quite literally nothing for the team.

His asset management has been extremely poor the past 4 years including examples with the expansion drafts. A) Shea Theodore should’ve have been protected over most of the Ducks defenseman at the time ( Bieska Vatanen Manson etc.) and could’ve easily been avoided taken by Vegas. As for Seattle, trading for Fleury at the deadline just to losing him to Seattle for nothing is EXTREMELY poor asset management, especially when you’re not contending.

Whereas trading and signings go, he has been a penny-pincher of a GM, never going out and signing good Free Agents and also signing the cheapest players possible.

As for rebuilding, this man refuses to disperse a core to save his life. Players like Henrique, Rakell, Manson and Silfverberg should’ve been moved last offseason or this trade deadline. They’re now expiring contracts and their value has lowered ever since the market is now already been swept through.

As for drafting, wasting 3rd OA on a player who could’ve been taken at 10th OA and could’ve easily been traded down to get more assets. Martin Madden easily has saved the Ducks drafting in later rounds.

I can go on and on, but Murray needs to go.
Transactions
ANA
TOR
  1. Rakell, Rickard
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been gone at 2021 TDL
ANA
WPG
  1. Manson, Josh
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been traded at 2021 TDL
ANA
  1. Fleury, Haydn
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been open to protect with Manson gone at the Deadline
SEA
ANA
DET
  1. Larsson, Jacob
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been traded or placed on waivers a while ago
ANA
OTT
  1. McTavish, Mason [Liste de réserve]
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been drafted lower, trade down or draft someone else ( Eklund, Hughes, etc. )
ANA
OTT
  1. Henrique, Adam
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been moved at 2021 TDL
ANA
COL
  1. Gibson, John
Détails additionnels:
Should be traded for a haul to speed up the rebuild and let Gibson content somewhere
ANA
  1. Theodore, Shea
Détails additionnels:
Should’ve been protected over Vatanen, Bieska, Manson, etc.
VGK
ANA
NYR
  1. Shattenkirk, Kevin
Détails additionnels:
Should not have been signed
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de NSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1481 500 000 $35 052 778 $0 $2 350 000 $46 447 222 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 500 000 $$2M)
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
2 602 778 $2 602 778 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
950 000 $950 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
5 200 000 $5 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
Logo de Kraken de Seattle
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
6 août 2021 à 3 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
Modifié 6 août 2021 à 8 h 51
I think most Ducks fans can agree that Murray's contract should not be extended next summer.

I don't agree on the McTavish take tho. I wanted Eklund but I'm fine with McTavish and maybe he'll surprise everyone in the OHL next season. It seems like a bit of a reach right now but it's simply too early to rate a pick. Look at Seider for example. Everyone criticized Yzerman for picking him that high but now he's one of the best NHL-affiliated prospects.
Stgstg55 et Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
6 août 2021 à 3 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,658
Quoting: TZ11
I agree with the criticism of Murray. I think most Ducks fans can agree that his contract should not be extended next summer.

I don't agree on the McTavish take tho. I wanted Eklund but I'm fine with McTavish and maybe he'll surprise everyone in the OHL next season. It seems like a bit of a reach right now but it's simply too early to rate a pick. Look at Seider for example. Everyone criticized Yzerman for picking him that high but now he's one of the best NHL-affiliated prospects.

I just feel like we could’ve traded down to like 10 and still would’ve been able to draft him and still got something out of it as well.
6 août 2021 à 4 h 3
Vegan Commie Hipster
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
Quoting: TZ11
I agree with the criticism of Murray. I think most Ducks fans can agree that his contract should not be extended next summer.

Seider is very anomalous tho

Also he could've just traded down to take McT around 6th and at worst they'd end up with a similar prospect... it's like the Barrett Hayton pick 🙃

Inexcusable
6 août 2021 à 4 h 8
Jah1722
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,894
Murray and Eakins need to go. Eakins destroyed Larsson’s development. Before he got there Larsson was a quality NHL defenseman. They also botched the Henrique thing. No one was trading for him at the TDL btw. Trading Manson and Rakell at the TDL is easy to do from afar. Both were hurt at or around the deadline. And giving them away for cheap doesn’t benefit a rebuild and losing Fleury wasn’t the worst thing being that it was him or Jones/Steel who are both 2 years younger. Trading Gibson doesn’t make a ton of sense. He’s locked up long term and the haul would have to be big to make it worthwhile. Hate to break it to you but Shattenkirk was pretty close to what was expected outta him. Obviously more points would have made it look better but no one on the team scored. As for McTavish, sure Eklund would have been nice but you build teams down the middle and in the back end and some had him rated higher than Berniers. And finally the Theodore thing is bad in hindsight but at the time made complete sense. Montour was better than him that season, the ducks cut cap, and they saved Vatanen/Manson.

There’s plenty to point at when it comes to Murray’s flaws but some of your points aren’t it. The biggest flaw is he coaching choices then his love for re-signing his players to iffy contracts with clauses.
Radu47 a aimé ceci.
6 août 2021 à 4 h 8
Vegan Commie Hipster
Mentions "j'aime": 3,256
Absolutely yeah 100%

It's hilarious how a GM lucks into a successful era and then it takes like a decade of him making "reaching into a fire and continually being burned but not figuring out why" type mistakes before people even begin to criticize him and by hilarious I mean 😖

Chiarelli, Bowman, Holland*, Murray, etc.

*at least Holland did support the pattern of drafting underrated euro prospects in later rounds which naturally was excellent but still very lucky

A handful of NHL gms will always get lucky and end up with dynasties, law of averages, it's up to us to discern who actually deserves merit at the end of the day
6 août 2021 à 4 h 31
MajorMoose
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,602
could trade lindholm too he could get a lot of futures
6 août 2021 à 6 h 55
Mentions "j'aime": 7,852
Trading down in the draft might not have been as easy as possible. I think any of those top 10 players could have gone anywhere there. They got the guy they wanted, they can now build around him.
Losing Fleury sucks, but it really only cost them a sixth round pick, plus whatever else hakanpaa would have gotten.
I agree with the Gibson trade idea, but the time this team is competitive again he's going to be in his thirties, trade him now and make sure to get a high end goalie prospect back. A team like Pittsburgh would probably be interested, a trade like jarry clang legare and whatever else could probably be done. Then ride jarry out or trade him as well.
Probably maximizing on value for Rakell and others last year would have been wise as well, but maybe the offers weren't there in value at the time.
6 août 2021 à 7 h 47
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
*Hot take* Bob Murray has been fine. Let me echo @jah1722's points-

First off, let's tackle the Shea Theodore take- Everyone is right! It sucks that the team lost him. Let's take a second to remember that the team was coming off of a Pacific division championship, and lost in 6 games in the Conference finals that season though. They needed to move Stoner. Was it unfortunate that the team moved him over Mahura, Larsson, or someone else? Absolutely! But, the team was in contention, and needed to clear some cap. Consider the haul it took for Vegas to take David Clarkson, or what Florida had to do. It was a tough situation, and giving up only one assset to do it, while also protecting their D-core at the time should be seen as a win. Theodore obviously took a huge step with Vegas, but that's what happens sometimes with prospects! Also, consider that Bieksa refused to waive his NTC, and also that the team followed that season up by finishing 2nd in the Pacific. If there's a big critism that I have of GMBM, it's how often he passes out NMC, NTC, modified NTC's. With Seattle-What did you want? Honestly, I would have been content if he had protected 4 dmen, but this idea that Fleury at 25 years old is this huge trade chip with a massive future ahead of him is kind of laughable. He's a decent enough player, but look at Jake Bean-Better player, who netted the Canes the 44th OA pick in a weak draft. C'mon. I'd rather have Manson, Rakell and potentially Hampus as trade chips at this point.

Second, Eakins. Man, I absolutely loathe watching the team in his system. But, and it's a big BUT, when it came time to replace the coach, what was he supposed to do? There wasn't a huge list of candidates available, and Eakins had earned the chance to step up after doing a great job with the Gulls.

Next, the signings. When the team was still in contention, they had no issue spending money. They were a cap ceiling team for a number of years. They added big names like Kesler, Bieksa, paid Fowler, paid Silfverberg, traded Vatman for Rico. Heck, just last year he went out and overpaid for Shatty coming off a solid season. And you know what, as much as I'm not a huge Shatty fan, he's been just fine, especially for the $3.9 mil that he makes. What do you want them to do? They're rebuilding! They weren't going to go out and sign Dougie Hamilton, and the idea of a potential Eichel trade makes me cringe.

McTavish? Why not? Was I on the Eklund/Guenther hype train leading up to the draft? Absolutely. But obviously other teams saw something there, since Eklund fell to 7OA, and Guenther fell to 9OA. That whole group from 3-9 were pretty fluid throughout this whole process, and McTavish is a fine pick.

Rico? Nobody wanted him. Sure, they could retain and take absolutely nothing in return, but why? Why not keep him and insulate the young guys from some of the tough matchups, instead of throwing them to the wolves. Same deal with Manson. If you can't get a decent return, keep him to insulate Drysdale. Everyone's always like "TRADE THIS GUY! TRADE THAT GUY!", well, it doesn't necessarily work that way. Is there someone willing to give a reasonable package up for Manson? Maybe, but it appears unlikely right now. There's value in keeping players.

Gibby. Ohhhhh Gibby. I just want to do a Gibby one on it's own. There is literally ZERO point trading him unless there's a massive overpay coming back, which, at this point, is pretty unlikely. A couple of injury plagued seasons behind an injury plagued D core shows in his numbers. "Oh no, he'll be in his late 20's/early 30's when they potentially come out of this rebuild!!!". Christ, he'll be closer to his 40's when they do if they trade him with the lower value he currently has. Again, there's value in having competent players on the ice during a rebuild. Sure, if someone wants to blow their wad on him, they should definitely consider it, but unless that happens, keep him.

Finally, I just want to say, sure, maybe it's GMBM's time to go. Do I love him? No. But I do recognize that he and his staff kept this team in contention for 10+ years, consistently having low draft picks, and making savvy (at the time) additions to the team should be applauded. The downfall really began with the Kesler injury, and then continued with the team being unable to stay healthy for the past 3 years.
Salzy et TZ11 a aimé ceci.
6 août 2021 à 8 h 56
Quoting: Stgstg55
I just feel like we could’ve traded down to like 10 and still would’ve been able to draft him and still got something out of it as well.

Apparently CBJ wanted him at 5, so that wouldn't have worked.

Quoting: Radu47
Seider is very anomalous tho

Also he could've just traded down to take McT around 6th and at worst they'd end up with a similar prospect... it's like the Barrett Hayton pick 🙃

Inexcusable

Not inexcusable lmao. It's simply too early to rate the pick. Maybe he'll turn out like Hayton but how is anybody supposed to know right now? And yes Seider was very anomalous but why shouldn't McTAvish be as well? Obviously Murray could've traded down. He would've gotten someone else but maybe it has a reason they wanted McTavish. Also we don't know how much this was Madden's decision. And they first would have had to find someone to trade with first and maybe they tried but no one wanted to trade because Power and Beniers were off the board. (Not trying to say Murray definitely tried it but we just don't know).
6 août 2021 à 9 h 9
Modifié 6 août 2021 à 9 h 39
Quoting: Lenny7
*Hot take* Bob Murray has been fine. Let me echo jah1722's points-

First off, let's tackle the Shea Theodore take- Everyone is right! It sucks that the team lost him. Let's take a second to remember that the team was coming off of a Pacific division championship, and lost in 6 games in the Conference finals that season though. They needed to move Stoner. Was it unfortunate that the team moved him over Mahura, Larsson, or someone else? Absolutely! But, the team was in contention, and needed to clear some cap. Consider the haul it took for Vegas to take David Clarkson, or what Florida had to do. It was a tough situation, and giving up only one assset to do it, while also protecting their D-core at the time should be seen as a win. Theodore obviously took a huge step with Vegas, but that's what happens sometimes with prospects! Also, consider that Bieksa refused to waive his NTC, and also that the team followed that season up by finishing 2nd in the Pacific. If there's a big critism that I have of GMBM, it's how often he passes out NMC, NTC, modified NTC's. With Seattle-What did you want? Honestly, I would have been content if he had protected 4 dmen, but this idea that Fleury at 25 years old is this huge trade chip with a massive future ahead of him is kind of laughable. He's a decent enough player, but look at Jake Bean-Better player, who netted the Canes the 44th OA pick in a weak draft. C'mon. I'd rather have Manson, Rakell and potentially Hampus as trade chips at this point.

Second, Eakins. Man, I absolutely loathe watching the team in his system. But, and it's a big BUT, when it came time to replace the coach, what was he supposed to do? There wasn't a huge list of candidates available, and Eakins had earned the chance to step up after doing a great job with the Gulls.

Next, the signings. When the team was still in contention, they had no issue spending money. They were a cap ceiling team for a number of years. They added big names like Kesler, Bieksa, paid Fowler, paid Silfverberg, traded Vatman for Rico. Heck, just last year he went out and overpaid for Shatty coming off a solid season. And you know what, as much as I'm not a huge Shatty fan, he's been just fine, especially for the $3.9 mil that he makes. What do you want them to do? They're rebuilding! They weren't going to go out and sign Dougie Hamilton, and the idea of a potential Eichel trade makes me cringe.

McTavish? Why not? Was I on the Eklund/Guenther hype train leading up to the draft? Absolutely. But obviously other teams saw something there, since Eklund fell to 7OA, and Guenther fell to 9OA. That whole group from 3-9 were pretty fluid throughout this whole process, and McTavish is a fine pick.

Rico? Nobody wanted him. Sure, they could retain and take absolutely nothing in return, but why? Why not keep him and insulate the young guys from some of the tough matchups, instead of throwing them to the wolves. Same deal with Manson. If you can't get a decent return, keep him to insulate Drysdale. Everyone's always like "TRADE THIS GUY! TRADE THAT GUY!", well, it doesn't necessarily work that way. Is there someone willing to give a reasonable package up for Manson? Maybe, but it appears unlikely right now. There's value in keeping players.

Gibby. Ohhhhh Gibby. I just want to do a Gibby one on it's own. There is literally ZERO point trading him unless there's a massive overpay coming back, which, at this point, is pretty unlikely. A couple of injury plagued seasons behind an injury plagued D core shows in his numbers. "Oh no, he'll be in his late 20's/early 30's when they potentially come out of this rebuild!!!". Christ, he'll be closer to his 40's when they do if they trade him with the lower value he currently has. Again, there's value in having competent players on the ice during a rebuild. Sure, if someone wants to blow their wad on him, they should definitely consider it, but unless that happens, keep him.

Finally, I just want to say, sure, maybe it's GMBM's time to go. Do I love him? No. But I do recognize that he and his staff kept this team in contention for 10+ years, consistently having low draft picks, and making savvy (at the time) additions to the team should be applauded. The downfall really began with the Kesler injury, and then continued with the team being unable to stay healthy for the past 3 years.

I honestly never liked that he traded Theodore. Not back then and obviously not today but back then it seemed more reasonable to the majority of people.

Let's just hope Bouchard or someone else is the head coach after 21/22. The only player that actually got better under Eakins is Fowler imo.

I just don't get why GMBM signs players in their late 20's to large deals. I think it's partly due to him just not understanding aging curves. He said something this season regarding Manson along the lines of "Defensemen reach their prime at 29" which is simply wrong.

I definitely agree on not trading Rico. He should just stay and be a mentor to the kids. If nobody claimed him on Waivers the return even with retention will likely be nothing.

Gibby should definitely stay. When the Defense gets better with young guys like Drysdale and Thrun hopefully joining the team full-time I think he could return to his old self. And a tandem with Gibson and Dostal in a couple of years could be one of the league's best.

I just think, and I think you might agree, that Murray is simply the wrong GM for a rebuilding team. He was good when the Ducks were good but it's time to move on. I hope he trades at least someone before the 2022 TDL.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage