Forums/Armchair-GM

Eichel

Créé par: ClockReads2113
Équipe: 2021-22 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 2 août 2021
Publié: 4 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I better not hear "No way BUF does that". This is an overpay.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 800 000 $
23 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1800 000 $
Transactions
WSH
  1. Dunn, Vince [Droits de RFA]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (WPG)
BUF
  1. Alexeyev, Alexander
  2. Kempný, Michal
  3. McMichael, Connor
  4. Samsonov, Ilya
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (WSH)
  6. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (WSH)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WPG
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
Logo de WSH
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $72 087 928 $472 927 $132 500 $9 412 072 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Capitals de Washington
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
UFA - 5
5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
725 000 $725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
C
UFA - 2
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
716 667 $716 667 $
G
UFA - 1
791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
725 000 $725 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 août 2021 à 10 h 6
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,012
Value drops off significantly after McMicheal. The only thing the Sabres need less than goalies is LD. You can pretend youre overpaying all you want, but if its just filled with useless players the Sabres dont consider it. Player values are not the same to every team
GMTD a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 45
Mark
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 323
I think it's an interesting idea for the Capitals to go after Eichel, provided that he'll be healthy enough to play. They would need to make the money work. Parts of the package are very good, but I do agree with Shibbal18 in that a player's value differs from team to team.

That said, teams just aren't going to create a package for a player that they are completely unsure if he will either be able to perform at his normal level or even be able to play again. I feel for Adams: he was in a no-win situation. But he did himself no favors by not trading him at-or-before the draft. Now most teams that would have traded for him have moved on. Eichel is skating now, and while that's nice to see it does not how Eichel will perform after surgery. Personally, I think any trade happens at training camp or after he recovers from surgery and plays his first few games. Since the Sabres are not letting him get the surgery he wants (beyond me how they won't let him be in control of his own body, but I guess the contract dictates that?), other teams will be taking on all of the risk here.

I feel for Sabres' fans. I really do. You didn't ask for this to happen, and it's got to suck. I was an Eagles fan for a long time, and it was tough watching them endlessly disappoint. You deserve better.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 58
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 41
Quoting: Shibbal18
Value drops off significantly after McMicheal. The only thing the Sabres need less than goalies is LD. You can pretend youre overpaying all you want, but if its just filled with useless players the Sabres dont consider it. Player values are not the same to every team

You need to lower your expectations or prepared to be greatly disappointed if your think a young starting goaltender, two blue chip prospects along with a 1st & 2nd round pick isn’t enough. Buffalo would take this and run.
ClockReads2113 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 11 h 9
Shibbal18
Quoting: Bearshark91
You need to lower your expectations or prepared to be greatly disappointed if your think a young starting goaltender, two blue chip prospects along with a 1st & 2nd round pick isn’t enough. Buffalo would take this and run.

I dont think you read anything I said. For starters Samsonov is a reclamation project. 2nd, The Sabres arent trading their franchise center for a bunch of players they dont need. It has nothing to do with value or "4 FiRsT rOuNdErS." Samsonov is beat out by UPL now, and Levi and Portillo have a higher potential than him. Alexeyev is behind Dahlin, Power, and Samuelsson and Buffalo isnt trading their franchise Center for an AHL dman. This isnt interesting to Buffalo at all. McMicheal and a 1st is a good start, after that needs to be reworked
GMTD a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 11 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,222
I dont think you read anything I said. For starters Samsonov is a reclamation project. 2nd, The Sabres arent trading their franchise center for a bunch of players they dont need. It has nothing to do with value or "4 FiRsT rOuNdErS." Samsonov is beat out by UPL now, and Levi and Portillo have a higher potential than him. Alexeyev is behind Dahlin, Power, and Samuelsson and Buffalo isnt trading their franchise Center for an AHL dman. This isnt interesting to Buffalo at all. McMicheal and a 1st is a good start, after that needs to be reworked

lol what? How is Samsonov a reclamation project? He's a 24yo starting goalie that will be a top 5 in the league in his prime. He'll be way better than Sabres goalie in their system easily.

Alexeyev will be the next Ekholm and he played a crap ton on the right side in the KHL last season. And wouldn't be surprised to see Dahlin traded at some point anyways.

Think BUF would definitely take this deal considering no one else wants to give up much to get him.
4 août 2021 à 11 h 34
Shibbal18
Quoting: ClockReads2113
lol what? How is Samsonov a reclamation project? He's a 24yo starting goalie that will be a top 5 in the league in his prime. He'll be way better than Sabres goalie in their system easily.

Alexeyev will be the next Ekholm and he played a crap ton on the right side in the KHL last season. And wouldn't be surprised to see Dahlin traded at some point anyways.

Think BUF would definitely take this deal considering no one else wants to give up much to get him.

Samsonov has been terrible what are you talking about, are you confusing him with Vasilevsky? The Sabres have offered Dahlin a long term contract, doesnt seem like they plan on trading him. You know nothing about Sabres prospects and seemingly nothing about Washingtons prospects unless youre a giant homer. Buffalo wouldnt even respond to Washington.
GMTD a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 12 h 1
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,040
Samsonov has been terrible what are you talking about, are you confusing him with Vasilevsky? The Sabres have offered Dahlin a long term contract, doesnt seem like they plan on trading him. You know nothing about Sabres prospects and seemingly nothing about Washingtons prospects unless youre a giant homer. Buffalo wouldnt even respond to Washington.

I think Washington is giving up too much here. I would say Hags, Schultz, a 2nd, and MAYBE McMichael...What do you think?
4 août 2021 à 13 h 24
Démarrer sujet

Yeah we aren't watching the same goaltender. Sammy's been great, just got hampered with last season with getting Covid twice. He's about to go off this season.

I know they are offering Dahlin long term contract but why isn't he accepting them? Maybe because BUF if a garbage fire that isn't getting great anytime soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happens over the next couple years.

I understand this package in a vacuum might not get Eichel but you have to remember BUF has zero leverage. They have a talent with neck injury that wants out of BUF ASAP. He'll be traded by the time the season begins and sounds like other teams don't want to pay top dollar for him (Rossi, Zegras, Kakko, etc). So as the season gets closer and closer and no one is upping their offer, you'd bet your ass BUF takes this deal (though I doubt WSH is offering it).
4 août 2021 à 13 h 39
Shibbal18
Yeah we aren't watching the same goaltender. Sammy's been great, just got hampered with last season with getting Covid twice. He's about to go off this season.

I know they are offering Dahlin long term contract but why isn't he accepting them? Maybe because BUF if a garbage fire that isn't getting great anytime soon. So I wouldn't be surprised if a trade happens over the next couple years.

I understand this package in a vacuum might not get Eichel but you have to remember BUF has zero leverage. They have a talent with neck injury that wants out of BUF ASAP. He'll be traded by the time the season begins and sounds like other teams don't want to pay top dollar for him (Rossi, Zegras, Kakko, etc). So as the season gets closer and closer and no one is upping their offer, you'd bet your ass BUF takes this deal (though I doubt WSH is offering it).

Buffalo has 5 years of leverage. BUt then again nothing you said was based in reality
GMTD a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 14 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Buffalo has 5 years of leverage. BUt then again nothing you said was based in reality

Doesn't matter how many years Eichel has, he's not going to play for them again. So sure, I guess they can just sit him and get no value for him. I guess that isn't surprising, it would match BUF tire fire mentality.
4 août 2021 à 15 h 10
Shibbal18
Doesn't matter how many years Eichel has, he's not going to play for them again. So sure, I guess they can just sit him and get no value for him. I guess that isn't surprising, it would match BUF tire fire mentality.

Nah it would actually be the opposite of tire fire mentality. Trading ROR for the best trash trade available is what start this current mess theyre in, thats tire fire mentality. Letting the NHL deal with all the negative press of one of their premiere forwards sitting (and probably playing in Russia) for 5 years because the old boys club thought they could low ball the Sabres again, that would be refreshing
4 août 2021 à 15 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Nah it would actually be the opposite of tire fire mentality. Trading ROR for the best trash trade available is what start this current mess theyre in, thats tire fire mentality. Letting the NHL deal with all the negative press of one of their premiere forwards sitting (and probably playing in Russia) for 5 years because the old boys club thought they could low ball the Sabres again, that would be refreshing

Something is better than nothing.

And in my opinion I think BUF will eventually get that piece they've been asking for. Some team will break in the end.
Shibbal18 a aimé ceci.
5 août 2021 à 21 h 11
Eichel Tower
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,441
Actually it started when Murray traded a boat load for Kane.
Then giving up a first for a bipolar GK who had a drinking problem.
You my have forgotten that O'Reilly three times said he gave up.

Let's not forget a second for Georges.
Two seconds and McNabb for Deslauriers and Fasching.
Many more.

I guess you forgot that the sabres had only one NHL quality defenseman and no forward depth in 2016.
5 août 2021 à 21 h 30
Shibbal18
Quoting: GMTD
Actually it started when Murray traded a boat load for Kane.
Then giving up a first for a bipolar GK who had a drinking problem.
You my have forgotten that O'Reilly three times said he gave up.

Let's not forget a second for Georges.
Two seconds and McNabb for Deslauriers and Fasching.
Many more.

I guess you forgot that the sabres had only one NHL quality defenseman and no forward depth in 2016.

Probably but not many of the prospects Murray gave up amounted to anything, where as ROR was a direct impact on the roster, subtracting about 60 points and replacing it with nothing then and currently. Thats why i see it as the catalyst for their current situation. I dont know why youre hell bent on putting all the onus on GMTM, neither were good and both are luckly gone
5 août 2021 à 21 h 59
Eichel Tower
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,441
Probably but not many of the prospects Murray gave up amounted to anything, where as ROR was a direct impact on the roster, subtracting about 60 points and replacing it with nothing then and currently. Thats why i see it as the catalyst for their current situation. I dont know why youre hell bent on putting all the onus on GMTM, neither were good and both are luckly gone

I will agree with you the prospects did not pan out as expected, but 2015 was suppose to be deep draft and he traded away three picks 32 or better.
I lost track of how many 2nd and 3rd round picks he traded away.
His team finished dead last.
His draft picks were terrible, taking Reinhart over Draisaitl, and Nylander over Sergachev.
Did you forget that the Sabres finished dead last with him in the line up.
When a team finishes dead last the logical action is trade off assets.
Kane was moved at the TDL
O'Reilly was moved for two picks that resulted in Miller and nearly Montour (nearly the St. Louis pick so I think it is fair to say this) and Tage Thompson.
You can look this up, but the Sabres were doing well until Berglund left the team.

We can have different opinion of the O'Reilly second trade but one thing is clear, he gave up and the team finished last over all and the Sabres got Dahlin out of it.
IMO it is also clear, having multiple GM's and none have been successful.
Darcy Regier, Tim Murray, Jason Botterill and now Kevyn Adams have all failed to improve the Sabres.
Let's agree that the Sabres are in deep trouble, I think Karmanos may be able to turn it around.
He got good returns for Ristolainen and Reinhart.
I think he will do the same with jack.
5 août 2021 à 22 h 16
Shibbal18
Quoting: GMTD
I will agree with you the prospects did not pan out as expected, but 2015 was suppose to be deep draft and he traded away three picks 32 or better.
I lost track of how many 2nd and 3rd round picks he traded away.
His team finished dead last.
His draft picks were terrible, taking Reinhart over Draisaitl, and Nylander over Sergachev.
Did you forget that the Sabres finished dead last with him in the line up.
When a team finishes dead last the logical action is trade off assets.
Kane was moved at the TDL
O'Reilly was moved for two picks that resulted in Miller and nearly Montour (nearly the St. Louis pick so I think it is fair to say this) and Tage Thompson.
You can look this up, but the Sabres were doing well until Berglund left the team.

We can have different opinion of the O'Reilly second trade but one thing is clear, he gave up and the team finished last over all and the Sabres got Dahlin out of it.
IMO it is also clear, having multiple GM's and none have been successful.
Darcy Regier, Tim Murray, Jason Botterill and now Kevyn Adams have all failed to improve the Sabres.
Let's agree that the Sabres are in deep trouble, I think Karmanos may be able to turn it around.
He got good returns for Ristolainen and Reinhart.
I think he will do the same with jack.

Adams is tanking so cant judge him yet. I like Levi and have for a while, he broke capfriendly with the Risto trade, and hes doing what he should with the Eichel trade so far, so until that chip falls and i see the fall out over the next 2 years im reserving judgment.
GMTD a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage