Forums/Armchair-GM

One last big move

Créé par: Hammerwise
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 4 août 2021
Publié: 4 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Nylander has much bigger upside, but the grit of Koneckny and NAK along with an ounce of cap space makes it attractive. Maybe theres a bit more in it, but ultimately its a good young top 6 winger a step or two behind nylander and a solid, agitating/hitting 4th liner and about 400k in cap space.
Mikheyev and/or Engvall are nice, but nothing special, I'd rather have grit and the cap space for a solid, beefy 3RD to protect Sandin, (and I'd rather not have liljegren as the 7th).
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
1950 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
Détails additionnels:
ANYWHERE
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $81 134 084 $0 $0 $365 916 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
1 075 000 $1 075 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 août 2021 à 6 h 44
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Losing the trade and then putting in an absolute garbage defenceman into the lineup. This only serves to make TO worse.
Joronto, Hammerwise, TML_Tika and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 6 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Nylander and Ritchie (both Brian Burke and Don Cherry wanted him to pick instead of Nylander in the same draft) finally on the same team - maybe even on the same line. TOR will not trade Willy. Dubas added grit so he will not sell the skill and he is right IMO. Furthermore #88 was one of the few players showing up in the playoffs. That would be hilarious to trade him of all things - on top of that he has the cheapest and best contract of the core four.
Hammerwise, mokumboi, DartGuy86 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 6 h 59
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,227
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Losing the trade and then putting in an absolute garbage defenceman into the lineup. This only serves to make TO worse.

Maybe Gudbranson isn;t the guy, but I like a number 6 dman with some snarl and size (especially as a partner to Sandin) and the markets pretty thin on those.
Joronto a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 7 h 1
Banni
Quoting: Hammerwise
Maybe Gudbranson isn;t the guy, but I like a number 6 dman with some snarl and size (especially as a partner to Sandin) and the markets pretty thin on those.

Bogosian was that and that forced Dermott and Sandin both to carry him. It also did nothing in the playoffs to help us. Give Liljegren a chance. He's legit a good player. Isn't small, doesn't fight but does hit and is terrific at standing up guys at the blueline to prevent clean zone entries.
Hammerwise, Joronto, TML_Tika and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 7 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Bogosian was that and that forced Dermott and Sandin both to carry him. It also did nothing in the playoffs to help us. Give Liljegren a chance. He's legit a good player. Isn't small, doesn't fight but does hit and is terrific at standing up guys at the blueline to prevent clean zone entries.

Yeah, I just don;t like the idea of Sandin and Liljegren together.
4 août 2021 à 7 h 16
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 162

Do not overlook KRISTIANS RUBINS. 6’4“, 216 lbs. Besides his enormous size he is a good puck mover on both ends of the rink, he is fast,, can join the rush and skates and shoots well. I am looking forward to see him in the roster someday.
TML_Tika et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 8 h 5
Hockey Expert
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 47

That is literally our future...
TML_Tika et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 8 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,353
so the leafs downgrade from Nylander to Konecny and then from Mikheyev to Kubel all for 400k cap space? that's a good idea if your goal is to be worse for no reason
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 8 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,353

Gudbranson is a 6th guy in the AHL
Hammerwise et TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 9 h 35
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 443

I think you are 100% correct.

Liljegren was at one point a potential top 3 draft pick in the year leading up to the NHL draft where he was sick........He has huge upside and can run a PP.

He has been slowcooking with the Marlies and getting stronger and is now ready.....tremendous puck moving skills.....maybe one of the best right handed defenceman the Leafs have developed .....his time is now.......probably why Dubas let Bogosian walk.

Dubas also making room for Robertson....who is also coming into the line-up with the Sandman......The Sandman may be the next Nic Lindstrom.....get ready for what is going to happen this year.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 9 h 38
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Gudbranson is a 6th guy in the AHL

I am thinking more of the EHL where he can better utilize his physical skills........Involved in the best trade that Jim Benning has made for the Canucks in acquiring Pearson.
4 août 2021 à 9 h 52
Banni

Maybe they juggle them up.
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 9 h 53
Banni
Quoting: TML_Tika
I think you are 100% correct.

Liljegren was at one point a potential top 3 draft pick in the year leading up to the NHL draft where he was sick........He has huge upside and can run a PP.

He has been slowcooking with the Marlies and getting stronger and is now ready.....tremendous puck moving skills.....maybe one of the best right handed defenceman the Leafs have developed .....his time is now.......probably why Dubas let Bogosian walk.

Dubas also making room for Robertson....who is also coming into the line-up with the Sandman......The Sandman may be the next Nic Lindstrom.....get ready for what is going to happen this year.

I think you are way over the top on these assessments. Liljegren will be a solid but not spectacular player. Sandin I think is going to be good but I think calling him a future top pair #1 defender is very premature.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 1
I think you are way over the top on these assessments. Liljegren will be a solid but not spectacular player. Sandin I think is going to be good but I think calling him a future top pair #1 defender is very premature.

I thought you were a believer......Did you wonder why Keefe would put a rookie defenceman with less than 15 NHL games last year to be the quarterback on Leafs PP over Morgan Rielly in last year's playoffs against the Habs?

This was a total statement by Keefe to the Hockey World with what is coming.....Keefe is a believer and that is why he is great coach.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 6
Banni
I thought you were a believer......Did you wonder why Keefe would put a rookie defenceman with less than 15 NHL games last year to be the quarterback on Leafs PP over Morgan Rielly in last year's playoffs against the Habs?

This was a total statement by Keefe to the Hockey World with what is coming.....Keefe is a believer and that is why he is great coach.

I'm realistic, Keefe also benched him and put Rielly on the PP when it mattered most.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 21
I'm realistic, Keefe also benched him and put Rielly on the PP when it mattered most.

You make a good point.....I was wondering what was I actually witnessing when I saw this move by Keefe and what would the team and Rielly be thinking when Sandman was put ahead of Rielly as their PP quarterback against the Habs.

To be honest.....I was wondering if it was signalling a possible trade of Rielly in the future or softening him up for future negoiations.....but then I realized that Rielly is the ulitmate team player....and he actually probably proposed the idea to Keefe after watching Sandman perform in practices.

Sandman is the real deal........get ready.

I think Morgan Rielly is the real captain of the Maple Leafs in the dressing room.....so do not want him traded.....Leafs need to sign him long-term......that is why I think Kerfoot is headed out to make this happen.

My guess....is Leafs in big time talks with him right now on an extension.....if they can not get it done......there is another trade coming....No way Leafs are letting him walk as a UFA for nothing as he has too much value on and off the ice for every team in the NHL.

The Canucks should be all over Rielly.....I watched the Canucks play the Leafs play on the Westcoast 4 years ago next to some of his friends who played hockey with him.......they raved about his leadership skills and thought he was going to become the next captain of the Leafs.....Such a humble hockey player.......always there to talk to the media after a touch loss.....reminds me of the Sedins in that he shows up everygame and plays hurt.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
4 août 2021 à 10 h 43
Démarrer sujet
You make a good point.....I was wondering what was I actually witnessing when I saw this move by Keefe and what would the team and Rielly be thinking when Sandman was put ahead of Rielly as their PP quarterback against the Habs.

To be honest.....I was wondering if it was signalling a possible trade of Rielly in the future or softening him up for future negoiations.....but then I realized that Rielly is the ulitmate team player....and he actually probably proposed the idea to Keefe after watching Sandman perform in practices.

Sandman is the real deal........get ready.

I think Morgan Rielly is the real captain of the Maple Leafs in the dressing room.....so do not want him traded.....Leafs need to sign him long-term......that is why I think Kerfoot is headed out to make this happen.

My guess....is Leafs in big time talks with him right now on an extension.....if they can not get it done......there is another trade coming....No way Leafs are letting him walk as a UFA for nothing as he has too much value on and off the ice for every team in the NHL.

The Canucks should be all over Rielly.....I watched the Canucks play the Leafs play on the Westcoast 4 years ago next to some of his friends who played hockey with him.......they raved about his leadership skills and thought he was going to become the next captain of the Leafs.....Such a humble hockey player.......always there to talk to the media after a touch loss.....reminds me of the Sedins in that he shows up everygame and plays hurt.

With the dman market at this point, it'll be difficult to get a replacement anywhere near that price for reilly. And while he might carry good value at the deadline, Id have to think the Leafs will need him more than futures themselves at that point.

As much as Sandin shows, hes definitely not ready for top 4 minutes, IMO hes probably Muzzin's LD replacement after this season.

The cap is a yearly battle, and who knows what happens after this coming season. I'd have to believe the Leafs win it all and players resign cheaper to stay on or they once again go down early in the playoffs and Dubas has to address movement of the one of the big 4, alleviating the cap pressure.

As "Ban" said, I believe the 5-7th spots has to be a rotation of sandin/liljegren/dermott, but I'd still want a little bit of beef/sandpaper on the blueline (and maybe not a Morin/MacDermid beast, but a Gudas)
4 août 2021 à 13 h 25
With the dman market at this point, it'll be difficult to get a replacement anywhere near that price for reilly. And while he might carry good value at the deadline, Id have to think the Leafs will need him more than futures themselves at that point.

As much as Sandin shows, hes definitely not ready for top 4 minutes, IMO hes probably Muzzin's LD replacement after this season.

The cap is a yearly battle, and who knows what happens after this coming season. I'd have to believe the Leafs win it all and players resign cheaper to stay on or they once again go down early in the playoffs and Dubas has to address movement of the one of the big 4, alleviating the cap pressure.

As "Ban" said, I believe the 5-7th spots has to be a rotation of sandin/liljegren/dermott, but I'd still want a little bit of beef/sandpaper on the blueline (and maybe not a Morin/MacDermid beast, but a Gudas)

Dubas is working on a sandpaper defenceman as we text back and forth.....but also knows he needs to get Rielly signed long-term.....they let Anderson and Hyman walk because they know Rielly is the key offseason resigning.....this solidifys the Leafs for the next 5 years on defence......Sandman is the real deal .....and he is developing at a very fast rate....put on alot of muscle last year and looks ready for left defence position with Dermott moving to the right.

I think Dubas is looking for a 7th or 8th dman who plays a very physical game......a seasoned veternan at the right price.
4 août 2021 à 13 h 29

Well.....I speak from the heart.......I am not holding anything back.......this kid is going to be great......I am telling you ahead of the curve.....that is your problem is you choose to be a doubter and want to wait and then agree with me in 2 years.
4 août 2021 à 14 h 0
Banni
Well.....I speak from the heart.......I am not holding anything back.......this kid is going to be great......I am telling you ahead of the curve.....that is your problem is you choose to be a doubter and want to wait and then agree with me in 2 years.

Who's doubting? I think both are going to be effective players for TO for years to come. I am just not going to build statues for them
TML_Tika a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage