SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

14 sept. 2020 à 18 h 42
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
How 'bout a search feature for ACGMs and stuff?
15 sept. 2020 à 10 h 24
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,914
Quoting: Alfie11
When searching for players in an AGM, is it possible to have players show up as results without having to type the accents in their name? For example, Vrana and Halak technically have accents in their last names (Vrána and Halák) and they don't show up as results without using the accents. This isn't an issue with the main search bar, but it does remove the names from the ACGM search (i.e. custom search/UFA search) if it isn't a perfect match.

Thanks this will be fixed

Quoting: MaxDomi13
How 'bout a search feature for ACGMs and stuff?

We will add it to the considerations but unlikely in the short term
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2020 à 15 h 46
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,548
Quoting: Banks
We will add it to the considerations but unlikely in the short term

👍
18 sept. 2020 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
Much like there is now the positional breakdown by teams (on the front page), how about a breakout of buyout cap hit, retained, buried, IR, LTIR... basically the stuff that isnt on the ice for each team, dead cap space if you will... Then you can sort by buyout and see who has the most, etc.
25 sept. 2020 à 7 h 22
Rejoint: sept. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Maybe this has already been suggested but having a feature that would let you browse ACGM teams by trade teams would be nice. Say you chose Ducks from the trade teams list and you'd see a list of every ACGM team that made a trade with Ducks.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
12 oct. 2020 à 14 h 26
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
It would be awesome if I could see teams by "city" and nickname as well. I.E. https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/chicago and https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/hawks for example
zk97 a aimé ceci.
15 oct. 2020 à 1 h 49
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,675
Hey all, I got a few suggestions on how to possibly improve the quality of the forums here

Followers:
I like the idea of being able to "follow" some of the users. Some posters I have good discussions with, or find they have interesting ideas, and this option could make it easier to build better communities among users and fanbases.
One thing about ACGM or other threads, because so many get created nowadays, threads from certain users I would be interested in viewing disappear rather quickly. So if you're not around to see in the first few hours or so, it's pretty much too late.
A way to introduce it would be if you "follow" someone, you get a notification if they create a new thread (ACGM, Trade proposal, etc). Following someone would not notify you for every single comment they make. That would be weird (stalker alert!!), and really blow someones notifications off if they follow too many folks.
This is technically something we can already do. Just find the user page and click on their created threads, but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to do it, and going through a bunch of user pages of people you like to see if someone posted something interesting isn't appealing at all and really tedious. Letting us follow users and get notified to their created threads would simplify things a lot!

Also, adding the number of users that follow you under your user tag could be a pretty cool feature, which goes to my next suggestion.

Removing total Likes from user tags:
I think this is something Capfriendly should implement as soon as possible. I see a lot of posters just trying to get a bunch of likes to increase their total number, and it takes away from the actual discussion, as these users are more interested in getting likes than actually having a discussion. It's a buzz kill.
I not saying to remove likes, but only to remove the total users have from their user tags. I think a major contributor to some of the toxic posters on here is "hunting" for likes. People that are "only in it for the likes", and will post whatever gets them likes... even if it "feeds the trolls".
Removing total likes from user tags won't fully eliminate the issue (toxic posting is a universal problem across all social media platforms), but it would help.
I'm assuming that showing the total Likes people have is to keep users engaged, which is a good strategy, but as mentioned above, it takes away from the actual discussions. My idea would be to replace the Total likes with the amount of people following you. The only way to get to people to follow you is to actually have meaningful discussions, so if folks want to "hunt for follows", they actually have to work for it. Not just comment "Leafs suk" to get 3 trolls to like it....

Titles/Flair add on:
I like this feature, it adds a personal touch to all user tags, along with the profile picture. I'd like to expand on this idea on continuing to personalize your profile. Keep the Flair under usernames that users can write what they want but add Titles below the profile picture.
A feature that is found on other forum sites are titles that can only be added to your profile if you meet a certain requirement. Kind of like achievements. A standard idea is giving titles to user based on how long they've had an account for, or how many times they've posted.

An example that could apply here would be giving the title of "Rookie" to new users. After 1 year of creating an account, they unlock the option of "Sophomore", and you can keep adding these every year like, "Veteran", "All-star", "Hall of Famer", "Legend", etc.
Making these title a different colors or fonts too to distinguish it from the rest of your profile could be neat. like making "Rookies" pink lol
The option to add more titles could be really fun too. Something like "Grinder" for someone who posts over 100 ACGMs, or "Fanatic" for someone whose made over a 1000 trades or whatever.

An example, with my profile, of the layout could be

User name (BlazingBat11)
Flair (Molson beer is meh)

Profile pic

Veteran (in Orange)
Followers: 1

Let me know what you all think!
A_Habs_fan, zk97, F50marco and 2 others a aimé ceci.
17 oct. 2020 à 7 h 48
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
When looking at a players page, next to their contract, you can click a button and it takes you to their contract discussion in "NHL Signings"
LostFlow et capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
19 oct. 2020 à 10 h 6
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
When on the french forum version of Cap Friendly you don't see all of the forums categories you only see general discussion and fantasy talks. I'm not sure if this is just that you don't translate them but i tought i'd point it out
20 oct. 2020 à 23 h 17
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
For ACGM, it would be cool if the site automatically stopped people from posting teams with more than three retentions on their books. I've seen several people post with 5 or 6 retentions on the books.

Also, if there was a way to preventing the posting of teams with over 50 contracts.
Kotkaniemi15, GenXHockey, ceil and 2 others a aimé ceci.
21 oct. 2020 à 9 h 51
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: NickC1988
For ACGM, it would be cool if the site automatically stopped people from posting teams with more than three retentions on their books. I've seen several people post with 5 or 6 retentions on the books.

Also, if there was a way to preventing the posting of teams with over 50 contracts.

Or at least maybe something right below the roster size to say how many contracts you have, so you don’t need to count the players in the AHL every time.
21 oct. 2020 à 20 h 46
Chicago
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Or at least maybe something right below the roster size to say how many contracts you have, so you don’t need to count the players in the AHL every time.

If you click on long term outlook it will tell you how many contracts you have for each year.
28 oct. 2020 à 15 h 10
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Mock drafts older than 2003. Would be cool to see some peoples opinions on older draft classes.
31 oct. 2020 à 20 h 35
I suggest we can see who is loaned in Armchair gm’s so we can know who is eligible to play in the next season
4 nov. 2020 à 10 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 6
On the contracts page, can you add the player's age when the contract expires? I know you can do the math based on the player's current age plus the number of years left, but where a player's birthday is messes that calculation.

Also, can you add the GM that signed that player? It would be nice to know who to blame or credit for contracts. Quite often it is not the current GM of the team.
6 nov. 2020 à 11 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
when i try to trade for brendan gallagher in ACGM his name does not appear on the list of players available from Montreal. tested with multiple teams to see if it was a glitch for maybe one team but his name doesnt appear on their roster to trade.
8 nov. 2020 à 12 h 33
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: hanson493
when i try to trade for brendan gallagher in ACGM his name does not appear on the list of players available from Montreal. tested with multiple teams to see if it was a glitch for maybe one team but his name doesnt appear on their roster to trade.

What season is the team you are making?
8 nov. 2020 à 14 h 36
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: hanson493

Fixed
20 nov. 2020 à 13 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,025
Small spelling error, wasn't sure where to put it

vkCd3ms.png
21 nov. 2020 à 15 h 1
Follow capfriendly
Quoting: Byrr
Small spelling error, wasn't sure where to put it

vkCd3ms.png

Thank you it will be fixed
Byrr a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2020 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Modifié 19 déc. 2020 à 12 h 28
After checking capfriendly's twitter I assume theres gonna be a taxi squad section added to AGM - could you also add an "assignments" section that shows which players have been either 1. loaned/assigned to another team, or 2. placed on waivers (ideally this would automatically happen if you move a waiver eligible player from the NHL roster to the taxi squad or non-roster section in the AGM)?
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
23 déc. 2020 à 8 h 31
Can you add taxi squad players to the long term outlook on ACGM
26 déc. 2020 à 20 h 49
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Can you add logos to signed UFAs just for aesthetic appeal? It can be your logo or the previous logo but it’d be really nice
F50marco a aimé ceci.
27 déc. 2020 à 9 h 19
Swedish Caps fan
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 60
When doing ACGM teams for the 2021-22 season (and beyond), it would be great to have Seattle as a team to "Trade with".
28 déc. 2020 à 0 h 44
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Expanding on the comment above, can we even have a Seattle option for this year's ACGM? Just to demonstrate lost players
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage