SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Suggestions Megathread

1 févr. 2022 à 10 h 24
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Hey all, I got a few suggestions on how to possibly improve the quality of the forums here

Followers:
I like the idea of being able to "follow" some of the users. Some posters I have good discussions with, or find they have interesting ideas, and this option could make it easier to build better communities among users and fanbases.
One thing about ACGM or other threads, because so many get created nowadays, threads from certain users I would be interested in viewing disappear rather quickly. So if you're not around to see in the first few hours or so, it's pretty much too late.
A way to introduce it would be if you "follow" someone, you get a notification if they create a new thread (ACGM, Trade proposal, etc). Following someone would not notify you for every single comment they make. That would be weird (stalker alert!!), and really blow someones notifications off if they follow too many folks.
This is technically something we can already do. Just find the user page and click on their created threads, but you have to jump through a lot of hoops to do it, and going through a bunch of user pages of people you like to see if someone posted something interesting isn't appealing at all and really tedious. Letting us follow users and get notified to their created threads would simplify things a lot!

Also, adding the number of users that follow you under your user tag could be a pretty cool feature, which goes to my next suggestion.

Removing total Likes from user tags:
I think this is something Capfriendly should implement as soon as possible. I see a lot of posters just trying to get a bunch of likes to increase their total number, and it takes away from the actual discussion, as these users are more interested in getting likes than actually having a discussion. It's a buzz kill.
I not saying to remove likes, but only to remove the total users have from their user tags. I think a major contributor to some of the toxic posters on here is "hunting" for likes. People that are "only in it for the likes", and will post whatever gets them likes... even if it "feeds the trolls".
Removing total likes from user tags won't fully eliminate the issue (toxic posting is a universal problem across all social media platforms), but it would help.
I'm assuming that showing the total Likes people have is to keep users engaged, which is a good strategy, but as mentioned above, it takes away from the actual discussions. My idea would be to replace the Total likes with the amount of people following you. The only way to get to people to follow you is to actually have meaningful discussions, so if folks want to "hunt for follows", they actually have to work for it. Not just comment "Leafs suk" to get 3 trolls to like it....

Titles/Flair add on:
I like this feature, it adds a personal touch to all user tags, along with the profile picture. I'd like to expand on this idea on continuing to personalize your profile. Keep the Flair under usernames that users can write what they want but add Titles below the profile picture.
A feature that is found on other forum sites are titles that can only be added to your profile if you meet a certain requirement. Kind of like achievements. A standard idea is giving titles to user based on how long they've had an account for, or how many times they've posted.

An example that could apply here would be giving the title of "Rookie" to new users. After 1 year of creating an account, they unlock the option of "Sophomore", and you can keep adding these every year like, "Veteran", "All-star", "Hall of Famer", "Legend", etc.
Making these title a different colors or fonts too to distinguish it from the rest of your profile could be neat. like making "Rookies" pink lol
The option to add more titles could be really fun too. Something like "Grinder" for someone who posts over 100 ACGMs, or "Fanatic" for someone whose made over a 1000 trades or whatever.

An example, with my profile, of the layout could be

User name (BlazingBat11)
Flair (Molson beer is meh)

Profile pic

Veteran (in Orange)
Followers: 1

Let me know what you all think!

I wanted to bring this up again, since i think it's pretty interesting.

Only thing i don't really agree with is "removing like totals from user tags." Unless i'm not looking hard enough, what is described here doesn't really happen much anymore. Other than that, i'd love for this to be implemented, though it may take a lot of work.
A_Habs_fan, NoVaSpartan, nickthehabsfan and 4 others a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2022 à 15 h 9
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,338
Kind of along the lines of the idea brought above but it could be fun to see your most liked posts, most interacted post ( ACGM or forum post with the most comments on it ), most quoted post, etc
EsoYeezus69, oilersguy, capsfan2121 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 févr. 2022 à 17 h 47
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,887
Could there be a way to follow a sub forum much like you do a thread.
For example, I'm a bolts fan, with the success of the team there are more and more Bolts fans rocking up and creating new threads in the Tampa Bay Lightning Forum. It's not something I check all that often and every now and then an interesting thread will happen and I won't notice until weeks later.

If there was a "insertusermanhere started a new thread in the Tampa Bay Lighting Forum" notification it might help increase engagement in that particular part of the forums and help spread the love a bit more.
Just a thought.
Y'all are doing a marvellous job.
capsfan2121, NoVaSpartan, Roysboy72 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
3 févr. 2022 à 20 h 29
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,166
I’m having a hard time centering my profile picture on mobile. Is there way to make that like Twitter.
4 févr. 2022 à 23 h 24
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Modifié 4 févr. 2022 à 23 h 31
Not a suggestion, but more so a question.

Is it allowed for a banned user to create multiple other accounts after getting banned repeatedly on his other accounts?

Because there’s one user who I’m under heavy suspicion of doing this, and I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to do that.
Devil, ZachHymanForTheHart, capsfan2121 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 23 h 37
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Not a suggestion, but more so a question.

Is it allowed for a banned user to create multiple other accounts after getting banned repeatedly on his other accounts?

Because there’s one user who I’m under heavy suspicion of doing this, and I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to do that.

Correct, they can't. User in question?
EsoYeezus69 et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
4 févr. 2022 à 23 h 45
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Correct, they can't. User in question?

Like I said, I’m not 100% sure. But the user in question would be GabrielJ.

Repeatedly did the same exact activity he did two other accounts named something with Kaprizov in it (remember it when he was arguing with @Ledge_And_Dairy about something) and GophersBenJ. Created the accounts a little bit after stopping posting on the others before (presumably because he was banned). The type of posts are nearly identical on all the accounts.

Don’t know if there’s a way to check by IP address, but if there is I’d go check if it’s the same on those accounts.
4 févr. 2022 à 23 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,514
Modifié 5 févr. 2022 à 0 h 0

Repeatedly did the same exact activity he did two other accounts named something with Kaprizov in it (remember it when he was arguing with Ledge_And_Dairy about something) and GophersBenJ. Created the accounts a little bit after stopping posting on the others before (presumably because he was banned). The type of posts are nearly identical on all the accounts.

Don’t know if there’s a way to check by IP address, but if there is I’d go check if it’s the same on those accounts.

Technically people can be IP banned but that would also stop them from accessing the non-forum parts of the website. I feel like the easier answer is to implement more moderation if that becomes an issue. I definitely feel like contacting mods is a difficult thing to do on this site, especially for disputing locks/bans/punishments. I've gone as far as messaging via twitter and never got a response.

Making the rules more concrete should also be a thing. For example, I really don't think you should get a Warning for something like "Leafs decline" or "Wow that is bad." You don't always have the time at that moment (and sometimes patience if the trade offer is truly absurd) to go into detail explaining why every time. It can also go towards starting up a conversation with the OP like "ok how can I fix it to make it fair" but if you get a warning before that then it kinda defeats the point
5 févr. 2022 à 0 h 39
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
For example, I really don't think you should get a Warning for something like "Leafs decline" or "Wow that is bad." You don't always have the time at that moment (and sometimes patience if the trade offer is truly absurd) to go into detail explaining why every time. It can also go towards starting up a conversation with the OP like "ok how can I fix it to make it fair" but if you get a warning before that then it kinda defeats the point

I wholly disagree with this point.

If you don't want to take the time to rationalize why [team] declines a deal, don't post. It's genuinely as simple as "[team] declines, [player] isn't worth that much/is worth more". It might be the difference of five words but it at least gives an OP a reference as to why a deal is bad. There's nothing constructive about "[team] declines". The OP of a thread should have to "Blues Clues" their way into learning the intricate values of every player in the league. We all started with the chel-level AGM teams and through genuine, constructive feedback, we learned and improved our craft. New users have every right the grace and opportunity to learn just as we did.

GabrielJ is on our radar, and I'll probably just Level 4 him the next time he comes across our dashboards. Banks is aware, just busy.

If you guys think having a few extra hands on deck would help, it's something I can propose to the rest of the moderators. Don't hold your breath on any specific nominations though lol.
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, F50marco and 3 others a aimé ceci.
5 févr. 2022 à 1 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,514
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I wholly disagree with this point.

If you don't want to take the time to rationalize why [team] declines a deal, don't post. It's genuinely as simple as "[team] declines, [player] isn't worth that much/is worth more". It might be the difference of five words but it at least gives an OP a reference as to why a deal is bad. There's nothing constructive about "[team] declines". The OP of a thread should have to "Blues Clues" their way into learning the intricate values of every player in the league. We all started with the chel-level AGM teams and through genuine, constructive feedback, we learned and improved our craft. New users have every right the grace and opportunity to learn just as we did.

GabrielJ is on our radar, and I'll probably just Level 4 him the next time he comes across our dashboards. Banks is aware, just busy.

If you guys think having a few extra hands on deck would help, it's something I can propose to the rest of the moderators. Don't hold your breath on any specific nominations though lol.

Oh another thing is the Seattle Expansion draft simulator can probably be taken down now.

As for the comments thing, I more or less meant the severity of punishment for them, By all means give a warning saying something like "provide more reason as to why you are saying this," but for a simple comment like that you should not get an infraction point nor should the comment be removed unless an issue has actually started. To me it's kinda like J-walking, technically it's illegal but you rarely if ever see people get tickets for it unless they are purposely disrupting traffic.

On the note of infractions, I've received some really odd ones before such as telling someone who clearly hated me to just add me to their ignore list. No idea why that is an infraction to me, I tried messaging the mod team about it but because that raised me to lv. 2 I wasnt able to post anywhere (that was kinda my point about making it easier to message the mod team). I also think there should be a more defined difference between "trolling" and "being toxic." Like if I for example make a light hearted joke in the comments it should not be punished in the same way if I were to tell tell someone to log out and never come back (or something like that)
5 févr. 2022 à 20 h 49
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 11,656
I think a fun thing that could be added would be like a trade block. Something where you can add X from whatever team and other people can make offers — I think it could be fun/useful for making ACGM’s
capsfan2121, zk97 et BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
13 févr. 2022 à 16 h 59
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436

Repeatedly did the same exact activity he did two other accounts named something with Kaprizov in it (remember it when he was arguing with Ledge_And_Dairy about something) and GophersBenJ. Created the accounts a little bit after stopping posting on the others before (presumably because he was banned). The type of posts are nearly identical on all the accounts.

That Fotui4 guy violated two infractions lol
Creating new account after he was banned and commenting the same thing on every post
19 févr. 2022 à 23 h 25
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Could we add a bouton on ACGMs? As of now we can select to filter by choosing a main team, why can't I click on a filter to select every other team ACGM trading with my team?
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2022 à 11 h 43
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
Could you add a way to filter through past NHL trades by position (like how it can be done on the signings page)? So for example if I wanted to look for past trades involving a goalie I could just select goalies from the drop down box
22 févr. 2022 à 16 h 50
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,940
There are two Jack Bars while there is only one in real life. One is listed as drafted by the Stars, the other isn't. But aside from that they're identical as far as I'm concerned. One is also listed in the 2022 Mock Drafts. That profile should be deleted.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jack-bar1

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jack-bar
23 févr. 2022 à 16 h 26
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
Not much of a suggestion, but a question.

Do website developers ever see Capfriendly becoming an app?

Not that the website is an inconvenience over an app would be or anything, just curiosity.
EsoYeezus69 et BigBallsBriere a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2022 à 22 h 49
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,598
Please make it so you can report Trade Machine threads and make it so if you have someone ignored, they don't show up
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2022 à 22 h 52
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: Gmonwy
Please make it so you can report Trade Machine threads and make it so if you have someone ignored, they don't show up

You should also Move Arizona Forum to Central since they have been there for ~9 months
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, NoVaSpartan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2022 à 23 h 49
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: Gmonwy
You should also Move Arizona Forum to Central since they have been there for ~9 months

Another thing is let us block people from their profile. All thes DNVR or whatever in armchair-gm GM is annoying and just want to ignore those posts but some of them don't have a way. Just please
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
10 mars 2022 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
I was thinking it could be a cool feature to simply "Like" and armchair GM. Most of the time, if the ACGM is actually good, no one will have any comments, so if you could add an option to like an ACGM to just acknowledge that you like the person's work/they did a good job, i think it'd be super beneficial.
Juiceman, Devil, zk97 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
15 mars 2022 à 0 h 58
Speak of the Devil
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I was thinking it could be a cool feature to simply "Like" and armchair GM. Most of the time, if the ACGM is actually good, no one will have any comments, so if you could add an option to like an ACGM to just acknowledge that you like the person's work/they did a good job, i think it'd be super beneficial.

I "like" that idea

Could also have an option to sort it ACGM by "most liked"
MitchMarner_16, BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 mars 2022 à 14 h 51
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,017
For Armchair GM and Trade Machine…ability to do double retention trades with a 3rd team retaining a percentage for a price. Also, ability to continue your created team forward a year without having to create a new team. So you can create a team for the TDL, do your trades, then continue that team into the draft and offseason.
Thanx
23 mars 2022 à 18 h 38
Mentions "j'aime": 14,429
How do I "un-ignore" someone that I previously ignored.
23 mars 2022 à 22 h 43
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,549
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

Yeah i've wondered that as well.
24 mars 2022 à 0 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld

Quoting: JetsCanesSens
Yeah i've wondered that as well.

Go to your profile and you'll see a tab called 'ignore list' next to other tabs such as posts, threads, likes, etc.
A_Habs_fan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage