Forums/Armchair-GM

Alot of ifs

Créé par: Hammerwise
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 2 août 2021
Publié: 2 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Can 26 yr old Bunting show that he is good, after just 20 some games, is that enough to say hes a late bloomer or is he just a borderline AHL/NHLer who was in the right time/right place to produce in a very small sample size? (21 yr old wade allison scored 7pts in 14 games, but I dont think that qualifies him as a 40+ pt guy for example)
After hardly playing and having major concussion issues, is Kase a good bet over an 80 game season? (his best season was 38 pts back in 2017)
Can Spezza and Simmonds find the fountain of youth and play a full season (Simmonds couldn;t last yr, and the team desperatyely needs simmonds physicality)?
Is Ritchie the 137 pts in 350 pts a solid all around 3rd line guy, or could he play more minutes and deliver offensively more than 35+ pts?
Can Dermott play RD with Sandin? Is Sandin ready and able on both sides of the puck? Dermott and Sandin looked bad in the playoffs defensively. Muzzin is a year older, can the younger guys take some minutes off him?
Can Campbell or Mrazek step up?
Can Kampf provide enough offense to be a third liner? He never has, but with offensive wingers, he could be. But does a 3rd line defensive pivot work with 2 wingers who are just average defensively? Hes never scored 20 pts in a season, or even played 80 games. A 3rd line of kKerfoot/kampf and kase sounds good, but can robertson play top 2 lines? Does Kampf alone provide defense in the bottom 6?
Is Robertson ready? Can the 3rd or 4th line provide more offense than last year, or bring eneregy and solid defense?

Overall, collectively I like the moves they're made, and believe the forward corps is better than last year, but theres alot of ifs.

A third of the team on the last year of their team favourable contracts, with most looking for pay increases (Reilly, Campbell, liljegren, sandin, kase) with no wiggle room. Still very thin after the top 6 forwards (but better) and big questions in the 5-7th dman corps. Tougher division and one last ride?

If the weaknesses of last year were team and offensive depth, physicality and grit, do the additions bring more than the subtractions (namely Gally, Bogosian, Foligno, Hyman)? i don;t know. IMO Kase is better than Gally (IF he can stay healthy). Ritchie is probably equal to Foligno, with a higher offensive upside, but less leadership and defense, is Sandin, Liljegren a better 6th-7th than Bogosian? The defense gets more skilled, but less physical. Can kerfoot/ritchie/bunting make up collectively for what most experts see Hyman as, the above average all around winger? Does Kampf alone bring solid defense to a bottom 6 that lacks speed and defense?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (ANA)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $80 909 783 $0 $400 000 $590 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 août 2021 à 7 h 25
TheBulinWall
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 303
Feelings mutual, also can Campbell hold down the fort against teams in the Atlantic like Boston, Tampa and Florida. I think if Ho-Sangs coming in on a PTO we can get sign him to a Joey Anderson like contract
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
2 août 2021 à 7 h 27
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Lots of good questions. Not a Leafs fan, but IMO:

-Bunting is probably a bottom 6 guy. Banking on that 26.3% shooting percentage is dangerous. Banking on him for below a mil per year isn't a bad move, it probably just doesn't have as much upside as some people think.
-Spezza and Simmonds are who they are at this point. I'd fully expect Simmonds to end up in the press box as a regular at some point this year. If the team is playing him regularly, it's because something went drastically wrong.
-The next two, Kase and Ritchie, are kind of funny to me. As a Ducks fan, I've seen them play a bunch, and they both have shown that they're very solid, but then flip around and disappear. Kase is the better of the two, but obviously the concussion issues are a thing. He's been the victim of a criminally low shooting percentage the past couple of years, so he's probably more of a 15-20 G/40 pt guy *if he's healthy*. The potential to slide up in the lineup could be a good opportunity for him to break out as well. He's solid both ways, but if this is the way the lineup is put together, I'd be a bit worried about having that 3rd line starting in their own zone too often. As for Ritchie, he's going to make Leafs fans love him, then absolutely loathe him. He's a 10 game spurt guy. He'll look like a solid top 6 guy for 10 games, then absolutely disappear for 10 games.
-Dermott can play that bottom pair, no problem, but is it time for Lilly? Sandin was decent, but had a couple of major gaffs in that first round that led to Montreal making him look like a fool. I'd imagine he'll be able to take the next step this season, and potentially be ready to step up if (when?) Rielly walks.
-I wouldn't be too concerned about the goaltending *yet*. Campbell was solid all season, and wasn't bad in the playoffs (He just ran into Carey Price). I was pretty surprised that it was 3 years for Mrazek, but time will tell.
-I have no issue with Kampf on the 3rd line, but IMO, putting Robertson there with him isn't a great idea. Switch him and Ritchie?

Honestly, the Leafs look solid, but man...that division is going to be tough this year. Tampa is still great. Florida is solid and has improved. Boston *may* take a step back this year based on whether they can either fill that 2C hole or have Studnicka step up, Montreal could ride their hot playoffs into the regular season? If I were to peg the division right now, I'd say:

-Tampa
-Florida
-Toronto
-Boston/Montreal
-Montreal/Boston
-Ottawa
-Detroit
-Buffalo
Hammerwise et TooMalevolent a aimé ceci.
2 août 2021 à 8 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
Quoting: Lenny7
Lots of good questions. Not a Leafs fan, but IMO:

-Bunting is probably a bottom 6 guy. Banking on that 26.3% shooting percentage is dangerous. Banking on him for below a mil per year isn't a bad move, it probably just doesn't have as much upside as some people think.
-Spezza and Simmonds are who they are at this point. I'd fully expect Simmonds to end up in the press box as a regular at some point this year. If the team is playing him regularly, it's because something went drastically wrong.
-The next two, Kase and Ritchie, are kind of funny to me. As a Ducks fan, I've seen them play a bunch, and they both have shown that they're very solid, but then flip around and disappear. Kase is the better of the two, but obviously the concussion issues are a thing. He's been the victim of a criminally low shooting percentage the past couple of years, so he's probably more of a 15-20 G/40 pt guy *if he's healthy*. The potential to slide up in the lineup could be a good opportunity for him to break out as well. He's solid both ways, but if this is the way the lineup is put together, I'd be a bit worried about having that 3rd line starting in their own zone too often. As for Ritchie, he's going to make Leafs fans love him, then absolutely loathe him. He's a 10 game spurt guy. He'll look like a solid top 6 guy for 10 games, then absolutely disappear for 10 games.
-Dermott can play that bottom pair, no problem, but is it time for Lilly? Sandin was decent, but had a couple of major gaffs in that first round that led to Montreal making him look like a fool. I'd imagine he'll be able to take the next step this season, and potentially be ready to step up if (when?) Rielly walks.
-I wouldn't be too concerned about the goaltending *yet*. Campbell was solid all season, and wasn't bad in the playoffs (He just ran into Carey Price). I was pretty surprised that it was 3 years for Mrazek, but time will tell.
-I have no issue with Kampf on the 3rd line, but IMO, putting Robertson there with him isn't a great idea. Switch him and Ritchie?

Honestly, the Leafs look solid, but man...that division is going to be tough this year. Tampa is still great. Florida is solid and has improved. Boston *may* take a step back this year based on whether they can either fill that 2C hole or have Studnicka step up, Montreal could ride their hot playoffs into the regular season? If I were to peg the division right now, I'd say:

-Tampa
-Florida
-Toronto
-Boston/Montreal
-Montreal/Boston
-Ottawa
-Detroit
-Buffalo

Definitely agree. I'm just not sure Kase has that upper level, (never mind the fact that hes a real poor risk to make it through the season), his best year was just 38 pts and that was 4 seasons ago. I also think you'll see some rust/hesitancy for someone as fragile. But for the price, its worth the risk. But I just cant see him or Bunting or Ritchie becoming 40+ pt guys overnight, but collectively they are better than who they're replacing (except hyman).

As far as the young dmen, Liljegren is in his 3rd year and hasn;t had much more than a cup of coffee in the NHL. Sandin looks offensively promising, but is 3rd pair the place with a RD Dermott. Dermott is an okay 3rd pairing guy, but hes not a pt producing puck rusher, or a stay at home crease clearer, just not sure Dermott is the RD partner for Sandin, and Sandin and Liljegren are too raw to pair together. Toronto hasn;t had this amazing dman corps that Liljegren couldn;t crack, and I think Toronto is what they were last year and the year before: Very top heavy, and filling gaps with low low salaries, very reliant on winning games 5-4, 5-3, 4-3 as I just dont think their defense and team defense has massively improved
Back to their old division, I think they'll be good, but same issues exist.
Lenny7 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage