Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafs Lines With Explanation V3

Créé par: BallPuckFellow10
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 1 août 2021
Publié: 1 août 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is my third version of what I think Dubas plans are with the way he has built the team. I try to update it every time the Leafs add a player that will play on the NHL roster.

First Line:
I think anyone can play with Matthews and Marner. They are such a good duo and have proved that they are one of the best pairs in the NHL. With the current left-winger situation, I feel that anyone has a chance to play with them. In this case, I think they might start with Bunting on this line. His ability to drive the net and battle for pucks makes him a good fit with them. I can also see Nick Ritchie getting a chance to play with them. He doesn't have the same speed as Bunting, but can offer a bigger psychical presence which can be important at times. I don't think you can go wrong with either one here, but my preference would probably be Bunting. I think he has the potential to explode much like Carter Verhaeghe did last year on the Panthers. I can see him getting around 20 goals and 35 points in an 82 game season playing with Marner and Matthews. If he doesn't fit in with them I can still see him playing on the 2nd line projecting similar results or on the 4th line in little bit more of a ''pest'' role.

Second Line:
Just like the first line, Tavares and Nylander are a formidable duo. Last year literally everyone played on their wing without it affecting their production. Kerfoot looked really good when getting an elevated role on the team during the playoffs and he could be a good fit here if they decide that Ritchie plays with Matthews and Marner and Bunting with Spezza and Simmonds. I'd definitely look at him putting up similar numbers to the ones he had in Colorado playing a more offensive role (Around 15 goals and 40 points). However, Ideally I would prefer Nick Ritchie here over Kerfoot. On this team, I don't see Ritchie playing a checking line role. He will have the chance to play on one of the top two lines with the objective to score goals. Kerfoot is such a smart and underrated player and can move up and down the lineup depending on injuries and form. An outsider on this line would be Ondrej Kase on RW and Nylander on LW. I can see this be a move done in games when Keefe tries to change things when the team is struggling. I don't think it will be a permanent thing tho.

Third Line:
This will be the Leafs shut down line. Initially I had Engvall here with Kämpf and Mikheyev, however, I think these guys potentially could do the shut down work, but it is hard to see them generate any offense at all. I still think these guys need to chip in with goals every now and then. Adding Kase and Ritchie to the roster means that this line now can be a shut down line with the possibility of getting some goals. Kerfoot and Kase have the skill to generate more offense than Engvall and Mikheyev. Kämpf will be the defensive anchor. He is reliable on face-offs, great stick and a smart hockey brain. he was the player on the Blackhawks that had the most defensive zone starts of all their centers last season. He is going to be extremely valuable to this team defensively, something that the casual fan maybe won't understand until after a few months of watching him play.

Fourth Line:
An offensive minded fourth line that will make many fourth lines around the league defend. Robertson can be eased in to the NHL and gets to play with two great vets that he can learn so much from. Spezza is still a really good playmaker and Simmonds looked great until he broke his wrist. Robertson is a goalscorer with a great engine I really like the fit on this line. If he isn't ready, I can see both Brooks and Engvall getting a chance here.

Scratches:
The two forward scratches Engvall and Gabriel will have roles on this team as well. Engvall can play on both the third and fourth line. He has great speed and is a reliable two-way player. In tough back to back situations he can slot in at center at 4th line to give Spezza a rest (Amadio and Brooks can do this as well). Gabriel is a great guy and will be a good addition to the locker room. His work with the LGBTQ+ community is great and his gritty style on the ice will make him a fan favorite. In some games when his physicality is needed, he can slot in and provide that. Good option as a 14th forward.

Defense:
I don't think that the two first defensive pairings need any explanation. Exactly the same as last season and we know exactly what we get from these guys. My only concern is the third pair. I like Sandin and Dermott, but together? Not so sure. I think this pair is the weakest point on the team and I feel like a player like Bogosian was last season is needed here. Maybe they start the season together and add someone before the deadline, but ideally, they add a solid defensive defensemen here before the season starts. I can see Dermott getting dealt as I think Sandin has more upside than him. My suggestions to add here would be Demers or Gudbranson via free agency, or guys like Brown (Ottawa), Coghlan (Vegas), Lyubuskin (Arizona), TVR (Washington) or Rutta (Tampa) via trade. Liljegren will get chances this year and should be the 7th defenseman during the regular season if Dermott is moved.

Goaltending:
The goalie tandem is great and will give the team a chance to win every night no matter who is playing. I feel really confident with these two guys. It isn't realistic to expect Campbell to be super human again but it is also not realistic to expect him to become an AHL level goaltender either, if he is league average, and Mrazek as well, they should be fine.

Other Options:
I just put the other players that realistically are going to try to battle for a spot on the taxi squad. I know this is not a thing this year but it was just to show the depth the Leafs now have with players that can play in the NHL. Brooks was really good last year and could come in and play some games when there are injuries. The Leafs know what they get from him. Semyonov is interesting. Initially I thought he was going to play the Kämpf role, but now he really will have to impress to make this team out of camp. Getting a few games in the AHL won't be bad for him to adjust to the North American game, and he can be an option later on in the season. Dubas said himself that he think guys like Anderson are going to push for a spot this season. He could just like Brooks get chances when injuries occur and the same applies to Amadio. Biega, Dahlström and Hutchinson all have NHL experience and can fill in if an injury crisis arises. Brennan Menell is an interesting addition to the program as well. Had a great season in the KHL and can be a dark horse to make the team, same with Pontus Holmberg, although I think that is more unrealistic. He was the SHL playoff MVP last season and will definitely be someone to keep an eye on.

Outgoings:
I like Mikheyev a lot. He has the ability to bring so much energy to the bench when he goes on his crazy full rink skates during the PK. I would rather keep him than Engvall, but unfortunately I think he might be a cap casualty which sucks because he seems like an awesome guy. Would definitely suck to see him go. I can also see Dermott going. He is a solid 3rd pairing defenseman that can fill in higher up from time to time. I just think the Leafs have to prioritize Sandin as he is younger and has a bigger ceiling. Trading these two guys should enable the leafs to restock the draft pick cupboard that currently is very bare for the 2022 season.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $80 684 783 $0 $400 000 $815 217 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
950 000 $950 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1
AD
RFA - 2
DG
UFA - 1
D
UFA - 1
DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
1 août 2021 à 14 h 23
TOR V5 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,905
Not bad, i would put Kerfoots on the 2nd line and Ritchie on the third, but that's just my opinion

In terms of the defense, i think what the leafs should to is go top 4 heavy, so that the guys on the bottom pairing get minutes but not with each other. Example: you can occasionally throw out Muzzin-Liljegren or Sandin-Brodie. And yes i do think liljegren should be our 6th defenseman and Biega as the 7th
BallPuckFellow10 a aimé ceci.
1 août 2021 à 14 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 471
Quoting: LGuy54
Not bad, i would put Kerfoots on the 2nd line and Ritchie on the third, but that's just my opinion

In terms of the defense, i think what the leafs should to is go top 4 heavy, so that the guys on the bottom pairing get minutes but not with each other. Example: you can occasionally throw out Muzzin-Liljegren or Sandin-Brodie. And yes i do think liljegren should be our 6th defenseman and Biega as the 7th

I completely agree with this strategy, and at the deadline you can look to add a veteran D for that 3rd pair.
LGuy54 a aimé ceci.
1 août 2021 à 17 h 38
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I will say Brooks, Anderson, and Menell will all have to pass through waivers at the start of the season if you want them playing for the Marlies.

I could definitely see at least 1 if not two of those guys being claimed.

I would rather risk Engvall and Gabriel going down, the pass waivers easily

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage