Forums/NHL Signings

New York Rangers signed Ryan Reaves (1 Year / $1,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

31 jui à 14 h 57
Ryan Reaves has signed a new contract with the New York Rangers.
CONTRAT 35 ANS ET +(PROLONGATION)
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
DURÉE: 1 AN
STATUT À L’ÉCHÉANCE DU CONTRAT: UFA
CONTRAT SIGNÉ AVEC: Rangers de New YorkRangers de New York
VALEUR: 1 750 000 $
% DU C.H. : 2,15
DATE DE SIGNATURE: 31 juillet 2021
SOURCE: CapFriendly
SAISONCLAUSECAP HIT AAV BONIS DE PERFORMANCE BONIS DE SIGN. SALAIRE DE BASE SALAIRE TOTAL SALAIRE DES LIGUES MINEURES
2022-231 750 000 $1 750 000 $0 $0 $1 750 000 $1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
TOTAL1 750 000 $1 750 000 $0 $0 $1 750 000 $1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
31 jui à 15 h 04
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mar 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,289
Maybe someone who's watched Vegas more recently would know better than I would, but I have to ask: is Reaves still an NHL level player? Obviously he's a great hockey player. You have to be a great player to play in the NHL ... but compared to most NHLers is he even at that level or do NHL teams just want him for toughness?

IMO this doesn't look like a good deal for us ... I know it's a 1 year deal for less than 2M, but still, I don't see a huge need for Reaves right now for the Rangers.
Josi_for_Norris, Tntpod, capfriendlyaccount and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 04
Lankinen for Hart
Rejoint: jui 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,524
Ryan Reaves is 35?, wow.
31 jui à 15 h 07
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: fév 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,671
Wilson really broke the rangers lul

he goes after Panarin and the next thing you know

Goodrow, Reaves, and Tinordi are joining
rebecca, TheFlamesFanatic25, Missouri and 5 others a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 10
Rejoint: avr 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 220
This isn’t even for the upcoming season. It’s an extension for 22/23! Why? Was it just for the memes?
TheFlamesFanatic25, Missouri, rangersandislesfan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 15
sensonfire
Rejoint: fév 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1,000
You spent a 3rd round pick on Reaves when he should have cost a 5th round pick.

You then give Reaves another round of the same amount of money he's making this year without thinking things through.

You will then make him a healthy scratch on most nights probably.

Especially if the Rangers are not playing the Caps or if Tom Wilson is not in the lineup when they are.

The fingerprints of Jim Dolan, the easily triggered owner of the New York Rangers, are all over this signing.

All over it.

I voted no frown
TheFlamesFanatic25, dopplsan, HonestHockeyNYI and 4 others a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 19
Let's go Pens!
Mentions "j'aime": 342
Modifié 31 jui à 15 h 31
I really like enforcers and I think they are underrated in hockey, nowadays. But I think Reaves should get a bit less than that. 1M or 1.25M would be enough to a player like him. But fans should recognize better their value to any team. Specially in playoffs and rivalry games. Their physicality can help the team to gain some momentum in tough games and they still can protect their team superstars.

Ask for Gretzky, Lemieux and so many other superstars how important enforcers were to their career.

Maybe the millennials can't understand what I mean, but the traditional hockey fans surely can.
TheFlamesFanatic25 a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 27
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Maybe someone who's watched Vegas more recently would know better than I would, but I have to ask: is Reaves still an NHL level player? Obviously he's a great hockey player. You have to be a great player to play in the NHL ... but compared to most NHLers is he even at that level or do NHL teams just want him for toughness?

IMO this doesn't look like a good deal for us ... I know it's a 1 year deal for less than 2M, but still, I don't see a huge need for Reaves right now for the Rangers.

no he is a borderline 4th liner but teams will keep him around for his physical presence, fans love him but analytics people hate him. not a fan of this signing for you guys.
rollie1967 a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 34
Rejoint: jan 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,057
This has not been a good offseason for the Rangers...
Josi_for_Norris et SoFlaSooner a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 15 h 39
Orr28
Rejoint: jui 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 56
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
I really like enforcers and I think they are underrated in hockey, nowadays. But I think Reaves should get a bit less than that. 1M or 1.25M would be enough to a player like him. But fans should recognize better their value to any team. Specially in playoffs and rivalry games. Their physicality can help the team to gain some momentum in tough games and they still can protect their team superstars.

Ask for Gretzky, Lemieux and so many other superstars how important enforcers were to their career.

Maybe the millennials can't understand what I mean, but the traditional hockey fans surely can.

I'm a so-called Millennial, and I love fights. Hence my username.
31 jui à 15 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 473
Quoting: Beetlejuice
Ryan Reaves is 35?, wow.

Beet is 6'4? Wow.
31 jui à 16 h 00
Rejoint: jan 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 191

I think the reason Reaves gets more money is because he is an enforcer. Outside of Reeves the only other guy that kinda fits that mold is Deslauriers (Haley too but he barely played last year).
31 jui à 16 h 47
Rejoint: déc 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 73
ayo? lets go!!!
31 jui à 17 h 50
Rejoint: jui 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 78
Quoting: sensonfire
The fingerprints of Jim Dolan, the easily triggered owner of the New York Rangers, are all over this signing.

Yep. I really think they've gotten a lot worse during the off season and they weren't great to begin with.
sensonfire et SoFlaSooner a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 19 h 21
Rejoint: aoû 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 351
Tom Wilson flavor laughter
SoFlaSooner a aimé ceci.
31 jui à 19 h 31
Western Champs
Rejoint: sep 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 199
A 1 year deal for less than 2m$, you can literally sign Reggie Dunlop and it wouldn't matter
31 jui à 20 h 06
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 113
'Ask for Gretzky, Lemieux and so many other superstars how important enforcers were to their career.'

That is a moot point now, the game has changed. Reaves and his type of player are almost gone, and frankly I hope they go away faster, as much as I liked a good scrap, Im disgusted by the predatory play of guys like Wilson and Reaves.
31 jui à 20 h 35
bhavikp27
Rejoint: jun 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,707
Quoting: CEO
Tom Wilson flavor laughter

Now, probably.
Until he gets destroyed
31 jui à 21 h 04
The Darkest Timeline
Rejoint: fév 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,958

They're just less needed now, valuable maybe in the right circumstance but not as a rule anymore. That's my opinion and I'm far from a millennial.
31 jui à 22 h 33
Quoting: bhavikp27
Now, probably.
Until he gets destroyed

And then the NHL gives Reaves maximum suspension lol.

In your opinion, who are the best enforcers in the NHL?
31 jui à 22 h 48
bhavikp27
And then the NHL gives Reaves maximum suspension lol.

In your opinion, who are the best enforcers in the NHL?

Reaves, Johnston. I don't know if Martin is considered an enforcer, if yes, add him.
CEO a aimé ceci.
1 aoû à 1 h 39
Banni
Rejoint: jun 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,643
Rangers: "we'll trade a 3rd for Reaves"
Rangers fans: "well it's only 1 year thank god"
Rangers: "Hold my beer"

This was a completely unnecessary signing. They could have played out the year, realized he can't skate, and moved on. But now you are caught up in 2 years of this. Why?
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
1 aoû à 8 h 50
Rejoint: déc 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 598
New York Rangers signed Ryan Reaves Tom Wilson Tom Wilson Tom Wilson Tom Wilson Tom Wilson

One of the very few occasions where I accept the phrase "rent free".
Gmonwy a aimé ceci.
1 aoû à 13 h 53
Quoting: bhavikp27
Reaves, Johnston. I don't know if Martin is considered an enforcer, if yes, add him.

Roussel and Chara too probably.
1 aoû à 14 h 09
bhavikp27
Roussel and Chara too probably.

I don't consider Roussel or Chara an enforcer. Roussel is more of a grinder/pest imo and he also isn't good at fighting. Often loses his fights against actual fighters. Chara will stand up for his teammates but he rarely fights (only 2-3 per year over the past 8 seasons). Top3 fighter though.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Soumettre les modifications du sondage