Forums/Armchair-GM

FED UP WITH DOLAN

Créé par: aastorino1993
Équipe: 2021-22 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 29 juill. 2021
Publié: 30 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Honestly, after today I am fed up with Dolan ruining this team with his antics. This Ryan Reaves trade that Drury put through has Dolan and Sather written all over from 10+ years ago. This guy needs to go and give ownership to someone who is capable of just staying out of the way because they were in such a good position going into this season. ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS CONTINUE TO REBUILD AND WAIT FOR THE YOUNG GUYS TO DEVELOP!!!

Morgan Barron - hasn't played an NHL game yet, but he is a promising center and could potentially be a huge point provider for this Rangers team.
Kakko - hasn't developed fully yet into the player he is supposed to be as it takes TIME. He had a good stretch at the end and I think he is promising moving forward as long as everything goes as planned.
Laf - great player, 1 year in the league, got his boots wet, now its time for him to develop even more into the player he is going to be.
Kravtsov - played less than 10 NHL games, had problems in the AHL and went back to Russia so again, NEEDS TIME TO DEVELOP!
Filip - Young guy, 21 years old and has size + potential but again, NEEDS TIME.
K'andre - Great defenseman, promising the way he plays and should become a good player, got his boots wet last year and looks good with training and everything he has been doing over the summer to keep in shape, NEEDS TIME
Fox - Stud, didn't deserve the Norris TBH, but being nominated yes he did. He will be getting 9.5mil after this season.
Nils - hell of a player, but hasn't played an NHL game yet so he will also NEED TIME.
Other players, NEED TIME TO DEVELOP DOLAN!!!! FIGURE IT OUT DRURY SATHER DOLAN!!! YOU PUPPETS!!!

I am furious, I understood the BUCH trade because he was going to want 6mil+ for his contract with term. YES, I KNOW he signed for 5.8mil, but still, they probably met in the middle and I am not sure if they would have/wanted to in order to keep Mika and Fox with their large contracts coming up.

YOU ANNOUNCED A REBUILD! Some of the players drafted have barely played 2 years and all of a sudden we don't have GRIT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Yes they were a sub par team at best in a division that was in shambles, but the Rangers were the lowest AVERAGE AGE TEAM LAST YEAR. THE LOWEST!!! You know what that means DRURY DOLAN SATHER???!! uhmm idk, INEXPERIENCE!!. GIVE THEM TIME OMG.

RYAN REAVES ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! The guy is a defensive liability. plays less than 8 mins a game. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!

So trade I did is super hypothetical but I am assuming they will part ways with Strome. So what I did was put two of Calgarys Mid-tier Centers in their system and put them in a trade with a 1st round pick (Top 10 Protected) for Strome at 50% retained and basically a possible starting goaltender in Geo that will need more time in the net (Who recently asked for a trade). Now I don't think that a 1st rounder will be returned as GEO is an above average goalie right now because he has not received much time under Hank and now Igor, If given the time to play 40-50 games in a season, I think he will be less streaky and in much better form, but his stock right now probably doesn't return a 1st. Strome, has played well, but most production has come with Panarin and still hasn't fully proven he can provide the same point production (50+ points). So, we retain his salary for the 1 year left, give Calgary more Center Depth, use him as 3C/4C and see what he can do for them.

This is my thought of what should be done, I am sure other people will come in here and blast me a new one for this, but honestly, I made this while I was having my blood boil from this dumb trade.... A 3rd ROUNDER for a 35 year old RYAN GOD DAMN REAVES! I am sick of this Grit talk, yes we are a weaker team, but its because the team is:
1. Inexperienced, young in age and didn't really have a line that can cause havoc in the offensive zone along with holding off in the defensive zone.
2. There are kids on the team. 19-22 years of age, they need time to develop and grow, of course they will get pushed around but it is a process in rebuilding.

I have never been a GM nor have I ever rebuilt an NHL Franchise so I can be an idiot about all of this, but the signing of Greg McKeg bothers me as hes just going to rot in the AHL, Tinordi will play no more than 10 games so why waste your breath, the guy is a glorified cone on the ice, Nemeth is decent, 6/7 Dman and may help experience wise with Nils in the lineup.

So I am just waiting to see what happens. again, these are my opinions and I know people will be like no no no no no, IDC. go ahead, no no no me, call me an idiot, but what the Rangers are doing right now in this offseason is dismantling all of the hard work Gorton (though he has had some not so good contracts i.e. Kreider was too much and Trouba is not a 1st pairing Dman especially for 8mil.) has put into this rebuild. Yah the team needs more hard nosed players, but there were other ones, other UFA players that could do what Reaves, Tinordi, and other players do... There were, but because we have been in trade talks for Eichel, this is the way they act in the Front office. I swear I am done typing now, but I am just completely lost for words in what the hell is going on over there at the practice facility. Is it Drury? Is Sather pulling strings with Drury? or is Dolan pulling strings with both of them, I HAVE NO IDEA. I don't need a write up about these players, I need you to explain to me your thought process on all of these moves because again I am lost for words. I am a die hard Rangers fan and have been since I could remember, I want to see this team win and make playoffs, but I would rather them make playoffs with a SHOT to win a cup and not just make playoffs to sell tickets that are grossly overpriced... well, my rant is done, if you stayed through the whole thing, I commend you and you probably think I am a loser and an idiot, but I just had it with what is going on.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
65 750 000 $
2833 333 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Phillips, Matthew [Droits de RFA]
  2. Zavgorodny, Dmitri
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
Détails additionnels:
1st round pick is top 10 protected - Moved to 2023 if they get into the top 10 for the draft in 2022.
CGY
  1. Georgiev, Alexandar
  2. Strome, Ryan (2 250 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de CGY
Logo de NYR
Logo de STL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $68 362 302 $0 $9 250 000 $13 137 698 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AD
RFA - 1
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 6
AG, AD
RFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
C
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 3
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
G
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
DG
RFA - 2
DD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
DD
RFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 5
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,530
Calgary has zero need for either of those players, we will keep our 1st.
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 17
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,279
I think you’re exaggerating the situation a bit. Other than the Buch trade, they haven’t traded any significant youth on the team. I’d say that trade was both for cap and giving young guys more flexibility. They brought in Gallant who’s a fantastic coach. Goodrow while a tad expensive is a very good bottom 6 guy. Nemeth is a Swede who will help transition Nils on the team. The grit guys are fine on the fourth line so long as they don’t take away ice time from our more skilled players. Granted they should have taken a center in the first round of the draft, but I don’t think things are all doom and gloom. I think they’re trying to find the middle ground between being skilled and also hardworking with an edge. We may have sacrificed some skill in Buch but have added hardworking guys like Goodrow and Blais. Reaves is here for 1 year and Tinordi who I don’t mind having to dissuade guys from taking liberties on our skilled players. I respect your opinion though and have to say keep the faith and hopefully one day soon it’ll all come together and we’ll win.
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Calgary has zero need for either of those players, we will keep our 1st.

it was a long read, so ill say it quick, it probably wouldn't be a first rounder. Also, you need a backup goalie. Your system goalies are either not NHL ready, or they are AHL goalies and need time to develop. You don't need strome and I got that, but I was trying to sweeten up the package and retain 50% of his salary for the one year so he can be a depth center, but i know you don't need him. Backup goalie, Georgiev would be perfect and he can take the workload off Markstrom
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 24
Quoting: aastorino1993
it was a long read, so ill say it quick, it probably wouldn't be a first rounder. Also, you need a backup goalie. Your system goalies are either not NHL ready, or they are AHL goalies and need time to develop. You don't need strome and I got that, but I was trying to sweeten up the package and retain 50% of his salary for the one year so he can be a depth center, but i know you don't need him. Backup goalie, Georgiev would be perfect and he can take the workload off Markstrom

Flames literally just traded for a backup in Vlader. According to Bruins fans and experts he is pretty NHL ready and would have to pass through waivers anyways so he wont be sent down
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 25
Chicago Blackhawks
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 408
Kinda hilarious that the Norris win is going to **** you guys in signing Fox now...

Also, lol@your team for Reaves, and paying a THIRD?? Who's in charge of this ship?!
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: HOCKEYBOY448
I think you’re exaggerating the situation a bit. Other than the Buch trade, they haven’t traded any significant youth on the team. I’d say that trade was both for cap and giving young guys more flexibility. They brought in Gallant who’s a fantastic coach. Goodrow while a tad expensive is a very good bottom 6 guy. Nemeth is a Swede who will help transition Nils on the team. The grit guys are fine on the fourth line so long as they don’t take away ice time from our more skilled players. Granted they should have taken a center in the first round of the draft, but I don’t think things are all doom and gloom. I think they’re trying to find the middle ground between being skilled and also hardworking with an edge. We may have sacrificed some skill in Buch but have added hardworking guys like Goodrow and Blais. Reaves is here for 1 year and Tinordi who I don’t mind having to dissuade guys from taking liberties on our skilled players. I respect your opinion though and have to say keep the faith and hopefully one day soon it’ll all come together and we’ll win.

I probably did, but Tinordi sucks, he won't play more than 10 games and if he does, he will play against Washington. He has played on good defensive teams and has proceeded to be a minus his whole career. Pointless to sign him but if thats what they think they are missing, the GRIT fighting stuff, by all means. Not my team, I don't get paid to be a GM in the NHL so my opinion is my opinion and thats as far as it will go. Ryan Reaves is a terrible skater, accomplishes nothing on the ice besides hitting everything that moves, and hes not good defensively. Again, another player that has played on good defensive teams in his career and is still proceeding to be negative with producing absolutely nothing. Yah I get it, you need guys like him, but there were plenty of other UFA's that they could have got instead of him. Nemeth, I agree, he is solid and his experience in the league will help Nils. That was a good signing and its for short term until some of their D start to develop and come up. Goodrow, I agree, I liked it, yes you are right maybe a little too much money, or maybe less term he needed for that amount. I don't think its doom or gloom, I just think these moves are nonsense moves and signings. They don't need anymore Center depth as Morgan Barron, Khoderenko, and Henrickson are all starting their careers. Morgan Barron is an unreal player and most likely will get time in the NHL. I just hate Dolan. Sather is old school, and Drury I think is a puppet. Gorton, yes made moves that were not great, but he drafted great talents. He made some not so good signings, but we needed a RD in Trouba (really he is second pairing and not worth 8mil) and Kreider was a bit too much money. I would have liked to see him more at 5.75, saving a mil on that but giving him his term. All in all, I just want the Rangers to be the team that they were thought out to be as the rebuild continues to grow. They over reacted 100% as they were a playoff team in normal circumstances, maybe not a cup contendor, but they technically would have made playoffs. This team, currently will be much of the same until the young guys develop and grow. I JUST PRAY TO GOD that Dolan doesn't strike again, or Drury makes stupid moves the rest of the summer. If we lose young guys, we are toast.
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Flames literally just traded for a backup in Vlader. According to Bruins fans and experts he is pretty NHL ready and would have to pass through waivers anyways so he wont be sent down

he is already slotted as a 2 way contract and he has played 5 games with a .886 SV% and 3.4 goals against.... I know its just stats, he did will in the AHL, but idk if he is ready to take on 30 games in the NHL an backup Markstrom.
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 40
Go Cavs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 585
Buffalo Sabres offer: Terry and Kim Pegula for Dolan
30 juill. 2021 à 0 h 43
Quoting: aastorino1993
he is already slotted as a 2 way contract and he has played 5 games with a .886 SV% and 3.4 goals against.... I know its just stats, he did will in the AHL, but idk if he is ready to take on 30 games in the NHL an backup Markstrom.

Being on a 2-way contract doesnt change the fact he's not waiver exempt
30 juill. 2021 à 1 h 2
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Wait what??? Fox clearly deserved the Norris
30 juill. 2021 à 1 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DennisReynolds
Buffalo Sabres offer: Terry and Kim Pegula for Dolan

at this point, a bag of pucks will do.
30 juill. 2021 à 1 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: JackBurton
Kinda hilarious that the Norris win is going to **** you guys in signing Fox now...

Also, lol@your team for Reaves, and paying a THIRD?? Who's in charge of this ship?!

he will get 9.5+ 100%. Paying a 3rd was absurd. idk whos in charge. I think Dolan is quietly pulling strings tbh
30 juill. 2021 à 2 h 40
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,435
Yes I read it all and I'm an old school fan, but this was the softest of all of the other softest NYR teams that I've ever painfully watched. From top to bottom, we're just spine, no muscle or pulse, embarrassingly sad. Now there is hope and hair on our teams balls. A def C & another big F and we are set. Soft Buch @6m fit like OJs glove. I was not pissed at our 94 Cup trades either, we needed it. It made total sense, even though it left a major lump in my throat for a decade.
30 juill. 2021 à 15 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: DoubleADoubleK
Yes I read it all and I'm an old school fan, but this was the softest of all of the other softest NYR teams that I've ever painfully watched. From top to bottom, we're just spine, no muscle or pulse, embarrassingly sad. Now there is hope and hair on our teams balls. A def C & another big F and we are set. Soft Buch @6m fit like OJs glove. I was not pissed at our 94 Cup trades either, we needed it. It made total sense, even though it left a major lump in my throat for a decade.

I agree with you 100%. They were soft, but think about how young the team was. Outside of 1st + 2nd line, our average age would have been 20 years old. Grant it, that is no excuse for playing soft, but the fact of the matter is that the players that were playing the games were young, inexperienced, MOSTLY European players where hitting is not a huge part of the game. So when they come to NA and play on not only a smaller ice surface, less room to skate, included with touger, much older veterans in the league (especially in the metro) it is tough for them to cope with and develop, but with a few years of them growing and developing into player they should be, the toughness will come to them. They just needed time, Rangers did not need to trade for reaves, thats not toughness, hes legit just a cone on the ice.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage