Forums/Armchair-GM

Worst general manager in the league

Créé par: CMcAvoy73
Équipe: 2021-22 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 28 juill. 2021
Publié: 28 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Bruins needed a big splash on the left side of the D, one solid middle six option on the right side, and a cheap goalie to tide them over until rask was healthy.

Instead? A million bottom six options, a couple bottom pair D, and an overpaid goalie for 4 years. Puke.

Cling to every prospect you can don, all while making sure you block them with mediocre talent.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
23 750 000 $
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $79 635 674 $1 956 507 $0 $1 864 326 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 675 000 $3 675 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 427
I just think if you wanna squeeze what’s left of Bergeron/Krejci (just read they were close to deal) you have to spend. If Studnicka comes to camp and lights it up, he will earn a spot. Ullmark actually put up pretty solid numbers while playing for by far the worst team in the league. If the B’s spend 5-6 million dollars in net the next few years that is way better than what most teams are spending back there. Defense is still a little iffy.
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,585
Quoting: Heyhowareya37
I just think if you wanna squeeze what’s left of Bergeron/Krejci (just read they were close to deal) you have to spend. If Studnicka comes to camp and lights it up, he will have a spot. Ullmark actually put up pretty solid numbers while playing for by far the worst team in the league. If the B’s spend 5-6 million dollars in net the next few years that is way better than what most teams are spending back there

Then spend on something good maybe?

I also think todays bottom six spending spree means they might have decided to move on from krejci despite last nights reports. This team got destroyed today.
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 255
I expected this from the start. Ullmark I think could be actually solid. He had good numbers in a literal hell hole up in BUF. The forwards signed only one I truly dont mind is Nosek. I like Forbort, but definitely not a fan of Reilly. In an ideal perfect world I would've loved Forbort, Martinez (which I believe BOS offered the same deal to as VGK but he wanted to stay, just saw someone mention it, cant confirm if its true), and Coleman/Saad to improve the scoring depth. Could they have handled it cap wise? Im not sure but there was likely a way to clear the cap and make a big splash like you said.
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: ngikas
I expected this from the start. Ullmark I think could be actually solid. He had good numbers in a literal hell hole up in BUF. The forwards signed only one I truly dont mind is Nosek. I like Forbort, but definitely not a fan of Reilly. In an ideal perfect world I would've loved Forbort, Martinez (which I believe BOS offered the same deal to as VGK but he wanted to stay, just saw someone mention it, cant confirm if its true), and Coleman/Saad to improve the scoring depth. Could they have handled it cap wise? Im not sure but there was likely a way to clear the cap and make a big splash like you said.

Clear cap space to make a splash? They just spent 8 million on bottom six guys and 6 million on what should be bottom pair d men…

Sweeney just depthed his way into a really poor team.

Ullmark…whatever. He’s a bit of a crap shoot. 4x5 for a goalie that’s played 100 okay games is a bit much for me. There’s a 95% chance that Rask at his worst is better than Ullmark at his best.

This is just a really bad day to be a bruins fan.
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 44
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
Then spend on something good maybe?

I also think todays bottom six spending spree means they might have decided to move on from krejci despite last nights reports. This team got destroyed today.

https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1420494223837745153?s=21

I just think most bruins fans complained about the bottom 6. They went out and got guys to fix that. Maybe they got one guy too many, but they’ve spent the last 2-3 years expecting the young guys to make the jump and they haven’t. It’s not like Studnicka/Freddy didn’t have a chance to play. They’ll have to come into camp and battle for a spot. You wanna complain about not getting a top 4 D, fine, I can see that. (Although I don’t think they’re quite done) out of curiosity… what would you have spent it on?
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Banni
https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1420494223837745153?s=21

I just think most bruins fans complained about the bottom 6. They went out and got guys to fix that. Maybe they got one guy too many, but they’ve spent the last 2-3 years expecting the young guys to make the jump and they haven’t. It’s not like Studnicka/Freddy didn’t have a chance to play. They’ll have to come into camp and battle for a spot. You wanna complain about not getting a top 4 D, fine, I can see that. (Although I don’t think they’re quite done)

They spent waaaaaay too much on the bottom six.

And I’m not clicking on whatever that link is. Is it telling me krejci is re-signing? If so, read what i said again. I’ve seen the report. Today changed everything.
28 juill. 2021 à 17 h 50
They spent waaaaaay too much on the bottom six.

And I’m not clicking on whatever that link is. Is it telling me krejci is re-signing? If so, read what i said again. I’ve seen the report. Today changed everything.

That tweet was written 28 minutes ago. Not from Kirk yesterday (doesn’t matter. Time will tell) Lastly, what would you have spent it on? Just being curious, if these are bad moves (personally I don’t love all of them, but I don’t hate them either) but you seem very against the strategy etc. so what would you have done different?
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Banni
That tweet was written 28 minutes ago. Not from Kirk yesterday (doesn’t matter. Time will tell) Lastly, what would you have spent it on? Just being curious, if these are bad moves (personally I don’t love all of them, but I don’t hate them either) but you seem very against the strategy etc. so what would you have done different?

For starters i would have avoided paying nearly 4 million per for bottom six guys. I would have gotten the krejci extension done. I wouldn’t have spent 20 million on a mostly unproven goalie, who could do well, but there’s probably a 95% chance that tuukka’ s worst game is better than his best game. Sign suter. At least you know what you’re getting with him.

In short, go get a goalie that will keep the seat warm for tuukka, get a LD that makes it so that grzelcyk isn’t the best guy on the left side, and get a RW capable of playing in the top six.

That would leave the team with a boat load of cap space, and flexibility moving forward.
Instead they have an overpaid goalie, bottom six depth, are tight against the cap, and massive holes.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 4
Clear cap space to make a splash? They just spent 8 million on bottom six guys and 6 million on what should be bottom pair d men…

Sweeney just depthed his way into a really poor team.

Ullmark…whatever. He’s a bit of a crap shoot. 4x5 for a goalie that’s played 100 okay games is a bit much for me. There’s a 95% chance that Rask at his worst is better than Ullmark at his best.

This is just a really bad day to be a bruins fan.

I only say clear cap to make a place cuz going into this week we had what 24-26 mil in space? Martinez 5.5, Saad/Coleman/Hoffman 5ish, Forbort 3, Krejci 5ish, and Rask/Ullmark for 5ish as well. Leaves them with very little room to add extra depth or fix up the 4th line. My point was that it'd be a tight fit to make a splash today regardless. I agree that the moves today were very bleh at best.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I only say clear cap to make a place cuz going into this week we had what 24-26 mil in space? Martinez 5.5, Saad/Coleman/Hoffman 5ish, Forbort 3, Krejci 5ish, and Rask/Ullmark for 5ish as well. Leaves them with very little room to add extra depth or fix up the 4th line. My point was that it'd be a tight fit to make a splash today regardless. I agree that the moves today were very bleh at best.

In the cap era, no move is better than a, “bleh,” move. They’re married to this day for three seasons.
ngikas a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 14
For starters i would have avoided paying nearly 4 million per for bottom six guys. I would have gotten the krejci extension done. I wouldn’t have spent 20 million on a mostly unproven goalie, who could do well, but there’s probably a 95% chance that tuukka’ s worst game is better than his best game. Sign suter. At least you know what you’re getting with him.

In short, go get a goalie that will keep the seat warm for tuukka, get a LD that makes it so that grzelcyk isn’t the best guy on the left side, and get a RW capable of playing in the top six.

That would leave the team with a boat load of cap space, and flexibility moving forward.
Instead they have an overpaid goalie, bottom six depth, are tight against the cap, and massive holes.

Ok so you want to get a RW capable of playing in the top 6, and then get a top line LD. How? Like teams are just lining up to give those guys away. I would assume both of those guys would come from trades, which probably means you’re giving away picks/and those young guys you want in the lineup. You also want to get an average goalie to rotate with a guy who has played 10 total games in the NHL (I love Swayman, but we just saw Carter Hart collapse) so that midway thru the season we can bring in an older goalie coming off a major surgery to pick up the load. I’ll agree on Krejci extension. I partially agree on LHD, but Martinez at his age is expensive and the trade market would’ve been brutal considering the price Ristolainen just went for. Don’t think Suter wanted to be here, also 4 years was a lot of term for a guy with that many miles.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 14
In the cap era, no move is better than a, “bleh,” move. They’re married to this day for three seasons.

I agree. I could've gone without one of the Folingo and Haula signings. It sounds like Krejci may not be ready for regular season? Sweeney said no time table on Krejci return. Idk if he meant contractually or health wise. You know where I stand on most of the signings today. It felt that they made signings just to make them. But Sweeney's been a GM that loves making a lot out of what seems to be a little. I dont like it, I think its a bad recipe doing it that way.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I agree. I could've gone without one of the Folingo and Haula signings. It sounds like Krejci may not be ready for regular season? Sweeney said no time table on Krejci return. Idk if he meant contractually or health wise. You know where I stand on most of the signings today. It felt that they made signings just to make them. But Sweeney's been a GM that loves making a lot out of what seems to be a little. I dont like it, I think its a bad recipe doing it that way.

Sweeney’s been a GM that’s made a ton of mistakes, especially in free agency.

What’s the best case scenario in net here? Swayman is what he’s looked like. Then they’re stuck with an expensive back up.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Ok so you want to get a RW capable of playing in the top 6, and then get a top line LD. How? Like teams are just lining up to give those guys away. I would assume both of those guys would come from trades, which probably means you’re giving away picks/and those young guys you want in the lineup. You also want to get an average goalie to rotate with a guy who has played 10 total games in the NHL (I love Swayman, but we just saw Carter Hart collapse) so that midway thru the season we can bring in an older goalie coming off a major surgery to pick up the load. I’ll agree on Krejci extension. I partially agree on LHD, but Martinez at his age is expensive and the trade market would’ve been brutal considering the price Ristolainen just went for. Don’t think Suter wanted to be here, also 4 years was a lot of term for a guy with that many miles.

I’d rather 3.6 tied up in suter for four years than six million tied to reilly and forbort for three years.

By all means, bring in a vet goalie, but a guy with 100 games under his belt with moderate success for 4x5? That ain’t it.

Don’t sign haula and foligno and tarasenko can fit rather easily.

Tatar probably could have been had for 1x2.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 535
Ullmark was their best signing imo you'll eat your words on him this szn. BOS badly needed to change the bottom6 they didn't generate anything last szn so i like the signings, especially since they weren't overpaid or bad term, unlike a lot of other FA forward signing we saw across the league. Forbot was overpaid by 500k but BOS leftside was beat to the ground in injuries that cassidy needed to go with ahcan at times so defensive depth is always good. Yes they do need a bonife top4 LD but there weren't any available except Suter and DAL signed him to a horrid contract. I see them adding ekholm or lindholm at the deadline if they need to. The top6 was set once they brought in Hall and Smith started playing good/forming chemistry on that 2nd line, Sweeney didn't need to go after any big name forwards. All that needs to be done now is sign Krech & Rask midseason and the team will 100% look a lot better than last year, which is what you want to see after FA. This was in all honesty one of Sweeney's better offszn. Last year fans were complaining he didn't do anything and now they're complaining he did stuff i dont get it.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: KennyBoi
Ullmark was their best signing imo you'll eat your words on him this szn. BOS badly needed to change the bottom6 they didn't generate anything last szn so i like the signings, especially since they weren't overpaid or bad term, unlike a lot of other FA forward signing we saw across the league. Forbot was overpaid by 500k but BOS leftside was beat to the ground in injuries that cassidy needed to go with ahcan at times so defensive depth is always good. Yes they do need a bonife top4 LD but there weren't any available except Suter and DAL signed him to a horrid contract. I see them adding ekholm or lindholm at the deadline if they need to. The top6 was set once they brought in Hall and Smith started playing good/forming chemistry on that 2nd line, Sweeney didn't need to go after any big name forwards. All that needs to be done now is sign Krech & Rask midseason and the team will 100% look a lot better than last year, which is what you want to see after FA. This was in all honesty one of Sweeney's better offszn. Last year fans were complaining he didn't do anything and now they're complaining he did stuff i dont get it.

They could have added ekholm or lindholm, had they not just destroyed their cap.

Stop saying szn. It’s a six letter word for gods sake.

Today was an unmitigated disaster for boston short and long term.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 31
I’d rather 3.6 tied up in suter for four years than six million tied to reilly and forbort for three years.

By all means, bring in a vet goalie, but a guy with 100 games under his belt with moderate success for 4x5? That ain’t it.

Don’t sign haula and foligno and tarasenko can fit rather easily.

Tatar probably could have been had for 1x2.

We’ll see on Tatar. Personally, I wouldn’t have paid the price on Tarasenko coming off his injuries particularly at 7.5. I agree maybe Ullmark is a little high, but he’s had good numbers. In the scheme of things, I would rather know you have Ullmark and Sway back there locked in, then bet on Rask being elite coming off surgery.Forbort is a little pricey for me, but to counter the Suter argument, personally I’d rather have Forbort and Reilly, then have Suter and Zboril/Moore. But that’s my preference. LHD still may be in play, who knows
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 33
They could have added ekholm or lindholm, had they not just destroyed their cap.

Stop saying szn. It’s a six letter word for gods sake.

Today was an unmitigated disaster for boston short and long term.

Their cap isn't even bad they can add either one easily.

im srry that triggered u my bad

Don't see how there will be a disaster long term, the only bad contract is 3yrs long. They're obvi going for it with a 2yr window. After the 2yrs they're rebuilding that's evident.
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Their cap isn't even bad they can add either one easily.

im srry that triggered u my bad

Don't see how there will be a disaster long term, the only bad contract is 3yrs long. They're obvi going for it with a 2yr window. After the 2yrs they're rebuilding that's evident.

Then why did they sign a goaltender for four years?
28 juill. 2021 à 18 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Banni
We’ll see on Tatar. Personally, I wouldn’t have paid the price on Tarasenko coming off his injuries particularly at 7.5. I agree maybe Ullmark is a little high, but he’s had good numbers. In the scheme of things, I would rather know you have Ullmark and Sway back there locked in, then bet on Rask being elite coming off surgery.Forbort is a little pricey for me, but to counter the Suter argument, personally I’d rather have Forbort and Reilly, then have Suter and Zboril/Moore. But that’s my preference. LHD still may be in play, who knows

Then why hold onto all the young D? Why are zboril and vaakanainen still there?

Seems like there are two scenarios with ullmark:
1. The bruins are stuck with an expensive backup.
2. The bruins have an okay $5M goalie.

I hate both those options.
28 juill. 2021 à 19 h 2
Then why hold onto all the young D? Why are zboril and vaakanainen still there?

Seems like there are two scenarios with ullmark:
1. The bruins are stuck with an expensive backup.
2. The bruins have an okay $5M goalie.

I hate both those options.

I guess. We just don’t see it the same way which is fine. After hearing Sweeney’s comments it seems as if Krejci is the one that is taking their time on all this so I guess we’ll see. Obviously it’s coming from Don so it could be taken with a grain of salt but the next few days/weeks will be interesting on that front .
28 juill. 2021 à 19 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Banni
I guess. We just don’t see it the same way which is fine. After hearing Sweeney’s comments it seems as if Krejci is the one that is taking their time on all this so I guess we’ll see. Obviously it’s coming from Don so it could be taken with a grain of salt but the next few days/weeks will be interesting on that front .

Ya i don’t really trust don. I just think he’s really really bad at his job, and that extends to any kind of transparency. There’s never a plan. It’s just jamming random puzzle pieces together.
28 juill. 2021 à 21 h 58
Then why did they sign a goaltender for four years?

bc rask is retiring and now this gives them a 1a 1b
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Banni
bc rask is retiring and now this gives them a 1a 1b

Yaaaa people that are retiring usually flat out say they’re coming back. Dope.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 10
Yaaaa people that are retiring usually flat out say they’re coming back. Dope.

im saying after this season. Rask is gonna sign a 1yr deal for dirt cheap with performance bonuses for the playoff run and that's it. And Sweeney doesnt wanna rush Sways development which will take a few more years so Ullmark gives them that insurance of having a proven #1.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage