SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Pittsburgh Penguins signed Brock McGinn (4 Years / $2,750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 48
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
So where is your stuff to back you up then...

You did it for me. In the Article there is a post from JFresh that states that McGinn is a bottom 6 forward. That's all we need to know. He's not a 2nd liner.
28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,491
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
You did it for me. In the Article there is a post from JFresh that states that McGinn is a bottom 6 forward. That's all we need to know. He's not a 2nd liner.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I said his defensive analytics are good, you said they weren't. Now back up why you think they are not good.
28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 53
WentWughes
That has nothing to do with what I said. I said his defensive analytics are good, you said they weren't. Now back up why you think they are not good.

His defensive analytics are good for a bottom 6 forward sure, but I commented that in the original post that stated he was a 2nd line forward. Those decent defensive numbers don't make him a 2nd line player.
28 juill. 2021 à 14 h 55
Banni
His defensive analytics are good for a bottom 6 forward sure, but I commented that in the original post that stated he was a 2nd line forward. Those decent defensive numbers don't make him a 2nd line player.

lmao no no. 1st, I said his defensive analytics are very good, and you responded with "It's really not". So again, prove that hes not really good on defense. 2nd, the comment was "hes much closer to a 2nd liner than a 4th liner, great 3rd liner" So where exactly was it stated he was a 2nd line forward? lmao wow you really are struggling immensely
28 juill. 2021 à 15 h 34
Banni

Yeah thats what I thought. Go watch another sport, hockey isn't for you
28 juill. 2021 à 19 h 8
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Better than Tanev for cheaper like this offseason for the pens honestly

this is debatable.
Tanev is very under rated.
Truth is, I wish they had both on the team still.
28 juill. 2021 à 20 h 31
You know nothing JS
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,395
So Pittsburgh traded away McCann and lost Tanev. Now they get McGinn.

Not what I would call a good off season.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 22 h 54
Pittsburg_pens
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: DavidAyers
Solid signing, but I don’t get it Pens, the window is getting shut faster and faster

they say that every year dude
29 juill. 2021 à 0 h 5
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
lmao no no. 1st, I said his defensive analytics are very good, and you responded with "It's really not". So again, prove that hes not really good on defense. 2nd, the comment was "hes much closer to a 2nd liner than a 4th liner, great 3rd liner" So where exactly was it stated he was a 2nd line forward? lmao wow you really are struggling immensely

As someone indifferent to the Penguins (I don't hate them or like them):

Over the last two season, Brock McGinn has 2 defensive WAR above average, which ranks him 104th among forwards who have played at least 50 minutes, tied with Cam Atkinson, Max Pacioretty, and Mason Appleton. He is opulently skilled on the penalty kill, where he will likely replace Brandon Tanev. Overall, his impact is one an average bottom line forward (his defensive numbers are let down by his poor offensive numbers). Projections have him become a replacement-level player by next season in 2022-23.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
29 juill. 2021 à 5 h 17
WentWughes
Quoting: SevenLeg
As someone indifferent to the Penguins (I don't hate them or like them):

Over the last two season, Brock McGinn has 2 defensive WAR above average, which ranks him 104th among forwards who have played at least 50 minutes, tied with Cam Atkinson, Max Pacioretty, and Mason Appleton. He is opulently skilled on the penalty kill, where he will likely replace Brandon Tanev. Overall, his impact is one an average bottom line forward (his defensive numbers are let down by his poor offensive numbers). Projections have him become a replacement-level player by next season in 2022-23.

I'm actually a fan of the Penguins, I just don't like the move.
1 août 2021 à 17 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
This is awful. He's not even that great of a 3rd liner. Would be a good 4th liner, but the AAV is high

I think honestly they brought him in to replace Tanev. I have a feeling ZAR and Rodrigues will play with Carter while Heinen and McGinn will play with Bleuger

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage