Mentions "j'aime": 1,548
Nice.
31 juill. 2021 à 23 h 58
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,866
Modifié 21 août 2021 à 15 h 37
Quoting: OldNYIfan
At least this is better than Bear for Lawson Crouse.

But is this better than Kapenan for Bear wink

Remember proposing it before Kapenan went to Pittsburgh and Oilers fans thought bear had way more value.

Now this trade pretty much shows I was correct on values but lucky for us Dubas was smart and moved him for more value
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 19 h 57
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 546
Now that I see what Foegele signed for I think this was a bad trade for Carolina, not because they didn't get fair value -- I don't know Bear well enough to say that -- but because unless they're planning more moves it appears that they need somebody like Foegele a lot more than Bear. With Bear and their free agent signings they now have 8 proven NHL-level defensemen under contract. While it certainly helps to have depth at that position, I don't think that makes up for the hole they've created on the wing. Foegele is a bit like Hyman in that you can put him with linemates who are more talented than he is and he can make them more effective. 3 years at $2.75M for a guy like that who's still only 25 is a fair price. Hopefully the Canes have a prospect who can step up and take his place, because I don't think Josh Leivo or Stefan Nosen is going to do it.
RawDeal a aimé ceci.
21 août 2021 à 13 h 47
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,469
Quoting: CD282
Where's the proof of racism though?

Look on the oilers Twitter
23 août 2021 à 8 h 11
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,722
Quoting: IconicHawk
Look on the oilers Twitter

Proof of Anthony DeAngelo's supposed racist comment from 10 years ago can be found on Oilers' twitter?? tears of joy
23 août 2021 à 9 h 10
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,469
Quoting: CD282
Proof of Anthony DeAngelo's supposed racist comment from 10 years ago can be found on Oilers' twitter?? tears of joy

No like there was like a video published on their Twitter about the racist comments towards Ethan Bear
23 août 2021 à 9 h 52
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,722
Quoting: IconicHawk
No like there was like a video published on their Twitter about the racist comments towards Ethan Bear

That's got nothing to do with the conversation at hand, which was Anthony DeAngelo.
23 août 2021 à 23 h 24
DeAngelo is a valid topic of discussion but not here. This forum is supposed to be about Bear for Foegele. Can we please move the DeAngelo discussion to the DeAngelo signing forum?
24 août 2021 à 1 h 22
Drover006
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 494
Quoting: jr400
Now that I see what Foegele signed for I think this was a bad trade for Carolina, not because they didn't get fair value -- I don't know Bear well enough to say that -- but because unless they're planning more moves it appears that they need somebody like Foegele a lot more than Bear. With Bear and their free agent signings they now have 8 proven NHL-level defensemen under contract. While it certainly helps to have depth at that position, I don't think that makes up for the hole they've created on the wing. Foegele is a bit like Hyman in that you can put him with linemates who are more talented than he is and he can make them more effective. 3 years at $2.75M for a guy like that who's still only 25 is a fair price. Hopefully the Canes have a prospect who can step up and take his place, because I don't think Josh Leivo or Stefan Nosen is going to do it.

Iirc foegele wanted out
24 août 2021 à 8 h 38
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,630
Bear for Foegele might be a fair trade. But look what the Oilers did. They replaced 2m Bear with 3.25m Ceci, and then signing Foegele. for 2.75m.
I just wonder if the Oilers would have just as good on defence with Bear instead of Ceci , and then had 4m to spend on winger not named Foegele
2 oct. 2021 à 14 h 35
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Looks like a pretty harmless deal for both sides. Doesn't move the needle for either team much, seems like strictly a situational adjustment if anything
25 oct. 2022 à 11 h 23
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
Oilers defiantly won this trade
CD282 a aimé ceci.
25 oct. 2022 à 16 h 51
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: oilersguy
Oilers defiantly won this trade

Debatable, and it 100% is not “definitely” an oilers win, but if I had to pick a winner, it’d probably be Edmonton.
oilersguy a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2022 à 10 h 55
I make typos
Quoting: Saskleaf
Debatable, and it 100% is not “definitely” an oilers win, but if I had to pick a winner, it’d probably be Edmonton.

I would saying consider that Foegele actually plays for the Oilers unlike Bear who was scratched all playoffs long and has been scratched for every game this season so far. Also the fact that Foegele signed for 3 years unlike Bear who signed for 1. Also Fogele has been looking better then he did at any point last season every since training camp opened, and also Foegele and McLeod have found pretty good chemistry and are like best friends and apparently went on a lot of golfing and camping trips and other stuff like that over the summer.
Saskleaf et CD282 a aimé ceci.
26 oct. 2022 à 14 h 58
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
I would saying consider that Foegele actually plays for the Oilers unlike Bear who was scratched all playoffs long and has been scratched for every game this season so far. Also the fact that Foegele signed for 3 years unlike Bear who signed for 1. Also Fogele has been looking better then he did at any point last season every since training camp opened, and also Foegele and McLeod have found pretty good chemistry and are like best friends and apparently went on a lot of golfing and camping trips and other stuff like that over the summer.

I don’t disagree with any of that, but I mean, he did only get 26 points last year, so hard to call it a big win for the oilers either.
26 oct. 2022 à 15 h 5
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,261
Apparently the Bear for Hoglander rumored trade is starting to hear up
28 oct. 2022 à 16 h 3
Banni
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Apparently the Bear for Hoglander rumored trade is starting to hear up

Nvm
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
28 oct. 2022 à 16 h 6
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,261
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Nvm

It was a legitimate rumour, guess Vancouver had no interest or it was apart of a bigger trade.
28 oct. 2022 à 16 h 10
Banni
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It was a legitimate rumour, guess Vancouver had no interest or it was apart of a bigger trade.

Maybe, but I'm willing to bet that the more likely scenario is just that they weren't interested in selling low on Hoglander. There are maybe a couple of assets of Carolina's that I could see the Canucks being interested in that might be able to either stand alone or work as a strong foundation in a Hoglander deal, but I definitely think working something out is probably gonna take some more time. We know the Canucks are open to dealing Hoglander, I think it comes down to how much Carolina likes the player
KSIxSKULLS et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
31 oct. 2022 à 13 h 42
I make typos
yeah Oilers win this trade, Bear didn't even last a full year in CAR before they shipped him off for just a 5th
Saskleaf et CD282 a aimé ceci.
1 nov. 2022 à 8 h 44
yeah Oilers win this trade, Bear didn't even last a full year in CAR before they shipped him off for just a 5th

Yes, Edmonton won the trade, but I don’t think Bear was bad in Carolina. I thought he looked ok until he got covid, then other guys stepped up in his absence and he had difficulty getting back into the lineup. He was more a victim of their depth than poor play.

I liked Foegele in Carolina but for some reason Carolina doesn’t like to sign their own RFAs unless they see them as an essential part of their core. It was out of character for them to sign Bear when his contract expired this summer, which in retrospect they probably shouldn’t have done.
Saskleaf et RawDeal a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage