(CHI/TBL) - Seabrook for Johnson + 2nd

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juill. 2021 à 23 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Maxc22
Don't all NHL level contracts must be unsured?

Nope. It's come up in trades before.

If you remember Cody Franson, the leafs got him for free for taking Matthew Lombardi's contract who looked like his career was over for a nasty concussion and was uninsured (bonus he actually came back)

It was also how the leafs got out of Clarkson's contract. The Blue jackets owner didn't want to pay Hortons salary while he was injured so wanted Clarkson who would at least play hockey for similar money (sadly Clarkson soon thereafter injured out. I presume he was insured).

Apparently contracts can be partially insured, fully insured or not insured. Players with bad injury histories are apparently expensive to insure, and as hockey is a physical sport all contracts are fairly expensive to insure (I think I heard the insurance companies want like 10-20% in premiums), so some owners role the dice
rollie1967 et Joe_La_Garnotte a aimé ceci.
27 juill. 2021 à 23 h 45
Jurajio
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 25
Honestly I think this is a fair deal, Tampa is able to shed Johnson's contract. At the cost of a pick, Chicago gets an average 3rd line C. And now Tampa is salary compliment for next year. Until Kucherov is injured all year till the playoffs again.
Asurnia a aimé ceci.
27 juill. 2021 à 23 h 58
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,275
What was Chicago thinking? They should have gotten a 1st out of this trade.

It's pretty clear Chicago is going for the cup this year. They should have targeted Palat instead of Johnson.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 0
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,491
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Amazing every time people say he's in cap hell gonna have to give away a ton of assets he figures out a way to get what he needs and is the back to back Stanley Cup champion GM so you're wrong

Cool. Hes nowhere being the best GM in all of sports lmao so you are still wrong
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 271
Hortons contract wasnt insured because of an injury he had when he was signed as a free agent.(stupid move, but he was a good player in his prime).
Its rare, and it usually involves the fact that the insurance is too pricey, but the player has a lot to offer. If its a fringe player- then adding his minimum contract to a pricey insurance policy... makes it not worth it, better gambles out there.
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 5
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,421
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
Cool. Hes nowhere being the best GM in all of sports lmao so you are still wrong

You have the right to be wrong and completely delusional
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 214
Quoting: ColonelX
So Seabrook's on LTIR?
This league's a joke. It just seems like every GM not in contention is doing everything to make sure TB wins it every year by giving them valuable assets for dirt cheap. Nobody wanted Johnson for free but for a late ass 2nd two years away you're giving them the most precious item in this world, cap space and LTIR?!

LTIR is a handicap, not an asset. We just added a $6.8m cap hit. When that cap hit goes onto LTIR, we get up to $6.8m of cap relief, but we still have the $6.8m cap hit, leaving us with, at best, a net zero gain. However, while our relief cannot exceed $6.8m, it will only be as much as we use, meaning we technically have $0 in cap space and hence do not accrue cap space. So we can't make deadline moves as easily as other teams. For $5m of cap space, cap accrual + a 2nd + Johnson's contributions is a fantastic price to pay. But it's still just that—a price. If Chicago had made taking Seabrook optional, unless BriseBois didn't understand the cap, we would have said no without even giving it a thought.
pinslack a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 8
Banni
You have the right to be wrong and completely delusional

Let me know when he reaches as many championships as Bill Belichick lmao. Heck, let me know when he can pull a Jim Rutherford and go back to back without going over the cap lmao
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 12
Let me know when he reaches as many championships as Bill Belichick lmao. Heck, let me know when he can pull a Jim Rutherford and go back to back without going over the cap lmao

He's using the rules and not cheating like BelIcheat, who is Rutherford the GM OF AGAIN NO ONE
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 14
Banni
He's using the rules and not cheating like BelIcheat, who is Rutherford the GM OF AGAIN NO ONE

The GM of the team that was the first team to go back to back in the cap era wink again, you are so wrong that its hilarious
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 15
The GM of the team that was the first team to go back to back in the cap era wink again, you are so wrong that its hilarious

Who is he the gm of now? No one fool
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 17
Banni
Who is he the gm of now? No one fool

so salty lmao. Pens went back to back, and did it even better lmao
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 18
so salty lmao. Pens went back to back, and did it even better lmao

And when we're talking about boat parade 3 this time next year tell me how he isn't
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 18
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
I think this boils down to what are you paying for.
They were going to owe Seabs more than JT over the next 3 years and not get anything out of it.
Just a shuffling of cap space here.
The only thing is it doesn't really count against the cap for TB.
Another bowman move that looks really bad in the end.
That's how it will be remembered.
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 19
Banni
And when we're talking about boat parade 3 this time next year tell me how he isn't

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH rightttttttt
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 28
TheBulinWall
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 303

Cap circumvention vs. Spygate, Deflategate, Spygate again, Refs
28 juill. 2021 à 0 h 31
Banni
Quoting: BulinWall
Cap circumvention vs. Spygate, Deflategate, Spygate again, Refs

so cheating vs cheating?
28 juill. 2021 à 1 h 1
TheBulinWall
so cheating vs cheating?

giphy_s.gif
28 juill. 2021 à 1 h 5
Banni
Quoting: BulinWall
giphy_s.gif

Cool. I’ll take the cheater with more championships
28 juill. 2021 à 1 h 23
TheBulinWall
Cool. I’ll take the cheater with more championships

We're on the ground floor of this investment. Bill's been there since the 2000s, the Yzerman/Brisebois era is still early. If any fan base could understand, its pens fans. You went through the same feelings as a fan.
28 juill. 2021 à 4 h 0
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: OrganizedConfusion55
Yes.

But according to the CBA, that is not what is suppose to happen to retired players. They are suppose to get paid, while counting against the cap.

What the hell are you talking about? When’s player officially retires, their contract is voided, and they don’t count against the cap and don’t get paid, other than the very, very small handful of now illegal back diving contracts.
28 juill. 2021 à 5 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,695
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
What the hell are you talking about? When’s player officially retires, their contract is voided, and they don’t count against the cap and don’t get paid, other than the very, very small handful of now illegal back diving contracts.

And 35 plus multi year contracts where players don't get paid but cap hit remains (cough cough the Mike Smith contract was dumb cough cough)
28 juill. 2021 à 5 h 18
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Betman's office should veto this trade immediately. And Stan should be forced for gifting Tampa $5M in cap space that they couldn't have possibly obtained any other way. The going rate for $5M in cap space used to be a 1st rounder. And TJ has 3 years remaining! Total BS.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 5 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
LMAO, Chicago, you could’ve extorted assets out of Tampa but no a 2nd is enough
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
28 juill. 2021 à 7 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 44
Why Chicago, WHY!?!

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire