Better than the Avs

Créé par: EccE
Équipe: 2021-22 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 26 juill. 2021
Publié: 26 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
About the signings:
Kaprizov and the Wild meet in the middle and sign a 5-year deal.
Fiala gets what he is worth after long and exhausting negotiations. Throw in an NTC or something if he'd like some fringe benefits.
Menell wants nothing but a one-way deal. Give him that, but for one year only.
Also, we sign depth guys like Rau, Mermis etc. but I didn't have the energy to sign them here.

Nick Foligno gets exactly half of what his brother makes. He takes a short deal to reunite with his brother and make a Cup run with him.
Goligoski won't get a deal longer than 2 years from anywhere. This is also probably the highest salary he would get. He can still play at a high level.
Bogosian adds a valuable cannonball to our 3rd pair. He gets rewarded for his Cup a couple years back with a slight overpay at 2x1,3 - you don't get bargains from free agency.
Gusev is a low-risk flyer. He might fit into our 4th line or that spot could be given to a young hopeful. He is Kirill's BFF, and I see no downsides in signing him.

After all this, the Wild still has 3,7 million in cap space if we are good and want to chase rentals. Next offseason will again be interesting when the penalties of the Parise/Suter buyouts start rising, but we can still contend through those years.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
58 500 000 $
66 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 550 000 $
22 300 000 $
21 300 000 $
1850 000 $
Transactions
MIN
  1. Zibanejad, Mika
Détails additionnels:
Rags go for Eichel, making Ziba expendable.

Zibanejad extends for 8x8,5 - 10% of the cap. The deal is his big payday and runs until he is 36. Full NMC during the first 5 years, then it changes into an NTC of some sort.
NYR
  1. Boldy, Matthew
  2. Greenway, Jordan
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (MIN)
Détails additionnels:
In my previous ACGM, people agreed this price would be good for both teams.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $75 780 255 $0 $132 500 $5 719 745 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 5
Logo de Rangers de New York
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 3
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C
UFA - 8
850 000 $850 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 550 000 $1 550 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 3
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 2
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 6
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 1
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 2
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
D
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
C
RFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 286
I like most of this except Gusev on the 4th line I think is doomed to fail. He's just one of those guys who seems to need top 6 time to play well. What about a guy like Brandon Sutter or Armia? Not a rags fan so unsure if that will get Zibanejad.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,251
Quoting: bluspy88
I like most of this except Gusev on the 4th line I think is doomed to fail. He's just one of those guys who seems to need top 6 time to play well. What about a guy like Brandon Sutter or Armia? Not a rags fan so unsure if that will get Zibanejad.

I chose Gusev solely because he gets along with Kaprizov. He could honestly be any 4th line grinder on a short deal. I think Armia is out of our price range but Sutter could be an option if he agrees to a cheap deal
bluspy88 a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 8
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,385
I don't see why Fiala has to fight tooth and nail for 6x6 and Kaprizov "settles" for 5x8.5.

It would also be interesting to see this team in years 3 and 4 especially, when we undoubtedly have to dump both Zuccarello and Dumba just to field a full team. Bjugstad already playing in the top six and we traded Boldy to get Zibanejad. This team will be struggling to make the playoffs.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Caerii
I don't see why Fiala has to fight tooth and nail for 6x6 and Kaprizov "settles" for 5x8.5.

It would also be interesting to see this team in years 3 and 4 especially, when we undoubtedly have to dump both Zuccarello and Dumba just to field a full team. Bjugstad already playing in the top six and we traded Boldy to get Zibanejad. This team will be struggling to make the playoffs.

I am tired of the Kirill/Kevin negotiations so I really just threw a random number there. I could have thought about it more.

What comes to the years 3 and 4, trading Zuccarello at that time helps a lot, and I don't think he'll be a top contributor anymore. We'll also have cheap ELC-players in Rossi, O'Rourke and possibly Lambos, Khusnutdinov playing. Add in a couple cheap value-additions and this team is a contender no doubt. Especially in the Central division, where really only the Avs/Stars are at our level or close to it.

And hopefully we also have a Cup to alleviate the pain by then...
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 24
Quoting: EccE
I am tired of the Kirill/Kevin negotiations so I really just threw a random number there. I could have thought about it more.

What comes to the years 3 and 4, trading Zuccarello at that time helps a lot, and I don't think he'll be a top contributor anymore. We'll also have cheap ELC-players in Rossi, O'Rourke and possibly Lambos, Khusnutdinov playing. Add in a couple cheap value-additions and this team is a contender no doubt. Especially in the Central division, where really only the Avs/Stars are at our level or close to it.

And hopefully we also have a Cup to alleviate the pain by then...

This team you've constructed isn't a Cup contender, though. And adding guys like O'Rourke and Khusnutdinov as rookies doesn't move the needle.

This roster above is a bubble team. Colorado has more high end talent and more depth everywhere on their roster. Tampa as well, even after this summer. The Isles may not have more top end talent, but their depth and coaching far exceeds this. You have Nick Bjugstad playing in your top six.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 28
Démarrer sujet
This team you've constructed isn't a Cup contender, though. And adding guys like O'Rourke and Khusnutdinov as rookies doesn't move the needle.

This roster above is a bubble team. Colorado has more high end talent and more depth everywhere on their roster. Tampa as well, even after this summer. The Isles may not have more top end talent, but their depth and coaching far exceeds this. You have Nick Bjugstad playing in your top six.

I have Bjugstad there just because I wanted to get the Foligno-bros on the same line. It could also be Gusev, who thrives in a bigger role. Rossi could conquer a top6-spot if he recovers well. I also left 3,7 million in cap space for upgrades. This team is a contender. That's a fact. It has a strong center, extremely deep wings, great top4 D and above-average goaltending. It has also elite youth on the way.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
I'd love Zibanejad, I've wanted him for years now. I'm a lot more interested in Eichel than most fans but Zibanejad would be my #1 target if he's available. Seems like a decent package for him with the extension, but it sounds like he wants $10M AAV so I'm not sure he signs that.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 35
I have Bjugstad there just because I wanted to get the Foligno-bros on the same line. It could also be Gusev, who thrives in a bigger role. Rossi could conquer a top6-spot if he recovers well. I also left 3,7 million in cap space for upgrades. This team is a contender. That's a fact. It has a strong center, extremely deep wings, great top4 D and above-average goaltending. It has also elite youth on the way.

It's not a fact, man. It's an opinion. The defense is average. You're replacing Suter and Soucy, who were above average as the 4-5D, with Goligoski and Bogosian, who are average to below average in those spots. That's going to significantly impact your defense and goaltending as a whole, and it's also going to potentially impact your offense. Do you remember the years when our offense couldn't even get anything going because we were too preoccupied playing defense the whole game and not allowing goals?

Your offense is average to above average for year one. The second line is underwhelming. If Ek is going to be your top six center, you need two good offensive wingers, and you only have one. And Gusev isn't going to make a difference there either because he already proved he's not good.

But that doesn't account for years 2-4 when you need to start dumping guys like Zuccarello and Dumba just to ice a full team. You're going to get continually worse every year because you need to fit under the cap. This team certainly isn't a contender without Dumba and Zuccarello.

Finally, the strength of our schedule is going to get a lot better, we're not going to be cruising to an automatic playoff spot because almost 60% of our games are against bottom 10 teams anymore. And with a weaker team and a stronger schedule, this is a bubble team.
RaZZe a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 39
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 672
If the Rangers go for Eichel Strome becomes expandable, not Mika. Trading Mika would be a backwards step for a team trying to compete
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 39
Démarrer sujet
It's not a fact, man. It's an opinion. The defense is average. You're replacing Suter and Soucy, who were above average as the 4-5D, with Goligoski and Bogosian, who are average to below average in those spots. That's going to significantly impact your defense and goaltending as a whole, and it's also going to potentially impact your offense. Do you remember the years when our offense couldn't even get anything going because we were too preoccupied playing defense the whole game and not allowing goals?

Your offense is average to above average for year one. The second line is underwhelming. If Ek is going to be your top six center, you need two good offensive wingers, and you only have one. And Gusev isn't going to make a difference there either because he already proved he's not good.

But that doesn't account for years 2-4 when you need to start dumping guys like Zuccarello and Dumba just to ice a full team. You're going to get continually worse every year because you need to fit under the cap. This team certainly isn't a contender without Dumba and Zuccarello.

Finally, the strength of our schedule is going to get a lot better, we're not going to be cruising to an automatic playoff spot because almost 60% of our games are against bottom 10 teams anymore. And with a weaker team and a stronger schedule, this is a bubble team.

I see you are an extreme pessimist. When I look at this team, I see a huge contending window for the next two years and a smaller, but still a rather big window the two years after that. Maybe I don't know hockey, maybe I am too much of an optimist, but I'd give this team a solid 50-50 chance of getting into a Cup final during these years.
26 juill. 2021 à 11 h 43
I see you are an extreme pessimist. When I look at this team, I see a huge contending window for the next two years and a smaller, but still a rather big window the two years after that. Maybe I don't know hockey, maybe I am too much of an optimist, but I'd give this team a solid 50-50 chance of getting into a Cup final during these years.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. DM me in four years and we can talk about it.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage