Dumb Idiot DNVR

Créé par: Meeqs
Équipe: 2021-22 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 25 juill. 2021
Publié: 25 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
CF Note Read 1st:
This roster is a projection based on how GM's have been behaving, so the trades are balanced based on how the GM's might react, NOT based on what a commenter believes is fair. See the Buchenvich deals and Ellis deals for comparison. I'm happy to discuss the thought process behind each but how whether YOU feel a player is available or YOU feel someone is worth more or less isn't relevant as this is not a thread designed to be looking for feedback.

This is made under the assumption that NONE of Landeskog, Saad or Grubauer are willing to take team friendly deals to stay. Should they do so it would make a lot of these choices easier as assets wouldn't need to be moved to replace them. This also assumes that the team is looking to win now and thus will not rely on rookies like Bowers but instead have them for 1st call ups depth wise.

Jost deal is based off of the Hartman deal
Saros deal is based off of the Lehner deal with some inflation
Chytil deal is a bridge
McCabe will have many options at similar price points but chooses Col based on opportunity to play with high end players to help him earn a bigger deal the following year. Also this is assuming EJ will miss significant time over the season.
Nash joins Col for depth and to win a cup.
Finally Dannault was the big UFA name. I really like the shutdown center option he provides Col and will get a 2c role on a true Cup contender for a competitive offer. This will allow Col to not rush or rely on Newhook letting him develop at his own pace and the deal isn't SO bad that he can't slide down into a 3c shutdown role towards the end of it.

Some options also not shown but considered:
Edler: would be a great defensive add and isn't mentioned enough
Coleman: would have been a better option than Forsberg but I didn't want to have TOO many UFA adds, so I went with a more fun rental route, but ideally he would be there instead to save assets and come in at a cheaper AAV with term.
Schwartz: See Coleman
Lebanc/Dvorak: Could be considered for middle 6 options as they are at managable AAV and solid play drivers.
Armia: A good Donskoi replacement, but the recent Cup run likely gets him a bigger contract.
Cizakas: better than Nash but likely more expensive
Stastny: A fun offensive option for the bottom 6, but would have to get a team friendly deal for one last run at a cup.
Zub/Gavrikov/Elias Lindholm: Players I really like but don't see realistically being available atm.

UIlmark/Kuemper: Other short term starter options with differing pros and cons
Gibson: I actually do think he is availible, but given cost to acquire and contract its difficult to find a good spot. Also the philosophy is that this team should be SO GOOD defensively that Cap shouldnt need to be allocated to a goalie.

Taxi Squad shown for call up list without impacting overall Cap as scratches do
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 700 000 $
21 500 000 $
22 750 000 $
55 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
11 250 000 $
22 000 000 $
12 500 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Compher, J.T.
  2. Kadri, Nazem
Détails additionnels:
NYR is looking for toughness and to win now and have been making poor moves. Sakic capitalizes by turning a short term asset into longer term ones.
COL
NSH
  1. Beaucage, Alex
  2. Francouz, Pavel
  3. Kaut, Martin
  4. Timmins, Conor
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (COL)
Détails additionnels:
NSH has Askarov on the way as their starter and have recently made moves to blow up and rebuild. Considering their other bad deals, for a rental and a goalie they can replace they get a lot of assets.
WSH
  1. Miska, Hunter
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (COL)
  3. Choix de 7e ronde en 2022 (COL)
Détails additionnels:
WSH looking to clear some space and exposed him in the ED. Avs take them up on the offer.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $81 078 130 $1 741 463 $3 432 500 $421 870 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Predators de Nashville
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 4
908 333 $908 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C
UFA - 6
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
809 167 $809 167 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
C, AG
RFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 6
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Capitals de Washington
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
G
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
AG
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance200 000 $$200K)
C
RFA - 1
Logo de Rangers de New York
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 7
aecliptic
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,284
Rangers happily reject that nonsense.
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 417
Quoting: aecliptic
Rangers happily reject that nonsense.

Someone didn't read the description
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 11
DobsonIsUntouchable
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 359
Love what you wrote in the description. Fans of teams (myself included) overvalue their own players too much.
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,278
Um given what happened, I wouldn’t be shocked.
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 13
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 877
The Buchnevich trade was definitely a bad one. But the main reason he pulled off that trade (which I still don't excuse) was to save future Cap space. Felt he needed to clear money out now.

Doesn't have that same issue with Chytil and (especially) Schneider.
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AndrewGoalie33
Love what you wrote in the description. Fans of teams (myself included) overvalue their own players too much.

I think there is a lot of value in posts on here that try and find equitable and fair deals for both sides. That just wasn't the purpose of this particular post.
25 juill. 2021 à 15 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Shakabakes
The Buchnevich trade was definitely a bad one. But the main reason he pulled off that trade (which I still don't excuse) was to save future Cap space. Felt he needed to clear money out now.

Doesn't have that same issue with Chytil and (especially) Schneider.

The reason they did it is because their front office is bad. You can't claim you don't have enough cap space for Buch when you are spending 5m$ on Goodrow and Blais. This is specifically targeting the trends of NYR wanting grit, the new front office not valuing existing skill players, and wanting to win now with depth at C. I do think the deal favors Col but that is kind of the point given the context of a team that frequently wins trades by targeting teams making rash decisions. Also Schneider is in here because Chytil himself wasn't enough, Buch is gone who would have been ideal 1 for 1, didn't want to touch the high end kids, Schneider specifically has come up in rumors as someone Buf is willing to move and he is the prospect I feel best aligns with Col's needs while also not being the best of the young D prospects.
25 juill. 2021 à 16 h 22
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305
Think Colorado would need to add a little something to that Rangers deal but who knows, also I know NYR is trying to add toughness/grit but the Avs should be looking to do the same imo.
25 juill. 2021 à 18 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 586
drury wont even trade schneider for eichel so i dont think thats happening
25 juill. 2021 à 23 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 25 juill. 2021 à 23 h 58
Quoting: Vermathex
drury wont even trade schneider for eichel so i dont think thats happening

Edit: its tough to really know but considering their strong depth on defensive prospects and windows of the young players that strongly clash with the rest of the team I feel like there is certainly one of them that would make sense to use.

Other wise the team is even more foolish than I am assuming here.

Like lets say Fox/Lindgren who are both 23 are part of the core. That leaves 4 spots for Miller, Jones, Lunquist, and Schneider. That doesn't include Trouba who is signed for 5 more years and 3 of those kids wont be ready to play a significant role for 3 more seasons, while most of their core is in their mid to late prime.

I understand GM's like to play hardball but I just don't see the logic behind saying the guy thats 5th-7th on a depth chart is untouchable, especially when he just gave away a top liner for free and signed a bottom 6 guy to 4x too much
26 juill. 2021 à 22 h 7
Remember David Koci
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Modifié 27 juill. 2021 à 11 h 45
OOOF with a capital O, sure man, your whole dissertation that lets you sidestep being criticised on value aside, let's dig into this eh?

Alright, so we're operating based off of how GM's behave and how the NHL acts in reality, right? Lovely. Would love to know your thought process behind somehow convincing analytics darling Jake McCabe to sign a one year 2.5M deal. Is Sakic going to walk in and bully him over the year he lost to injury? While I'd love to join you in the stars wherever you pulled this term and dollar amount from, I am unfortunately bound to keep myself and my ideas down here on planet Earth, and would encourage you to do the same. Have you seen what Defensemen are getting these days? Suter's about to score 4 years and you think McCabe will pick up 1?? Let alone at 2.5? OOF

It's not about a value here, as much as it a fallacy, when it comes to this NY trade. Maybe Burnaby Joe puts on the silver tongue and pulls Schneider away. I think you're making the wrong read on NY, "Made bad move x therefor they'll make bad move Y" is some prettttttty faulty logic. Drury trading Buch saved him some cap space and got rid of an unsigned asset, maybe he does the same with Chytil, but it doesn't necessarily look like NY is selling off for selling off's sake as much as it looks they're trying to capitalize on assets they don't think they'll be able to sign (no matter how misguided). They just got rid of Deangelo on the back end, and they literally signed the kid back in March of this year. Maybe there's an argument to be made for Drury being willing to move him bc he wasn't GM then, but he was associate GM, it's not like he's a fresh face. I don't buy it. The Chytil addition, sure, but there's been rumors floating around that they've been wanting to extend a QO his way for a few weeks. Some faulty logic at best here, pretty sure they shoot this one down, Schneider's exactly what they need, they traded up for him and literally just signed him. Again, it's not the value so much that I have a hang up on, it's that it doesn't make much hockey sense. Feel free to elaborate on this one though.

This NSH trade, David Poile is going to trade his starting goaltender and top offensive producer to a division rival under the pretense that he's got a prospect *maybe 1-2* years away without a single bona fide blue chip prospect coming back? God bless the IRL GM who decides to go all in on a goalie prospect without seeing what they've got, we all know that works out so well (*cough* *cough* Markstrom *cough* *cough* Chris Gibson *cough* *cough* Malcolm Subban). NSH Knows how to develop goalies, call Poile the farmer because he knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two — he's also shown he doesn't put prospects into the fire unless he's certain they can handle it, and he doesn't make trades that'll put him in a conspicuous position without knowing he's got abundance to back him up. One good goalie prospect ain't abundance. This trade seems unrealistic, maybe a year or two from now, but right now, it doesn't cut it. Poile's not dealing one-on-one with a division rival like this unless he's certain he's coming out on top ESPECIALLY after the Girard trade (which again, was a move made out of abundance, as NSH had plenty of blue chip D at the time). I'm also fairly certain NSH has plenty of players like Martin Kaut, in fact — I'm pretty sure that's where Martin Kaut's spawn.

Don't know why Sakic targets Riley Nash for the 4th line, he's typically reserved that line for high character penalty killers, not saying Nash isn't necessarily good, but with the options on the market I think it's unrealistic and antithetical to Sakic's reasoning the last few years. Hardly doubt that Sakic is pulling teeth over giving Landy 5-8 years he's gonna be comfortable throwing 5 X 5 to Danault who projects as a slightly better Kadri, kinda worse Landeskog. BUT, FWIW, I do like Danault, I wouldn't mind him in that slot.

Love the idea of Forsberg and McCabe on this team, would be great additions and consolations for losing Landy. Love the idea of playing towards how GM's are acting — think you're a bit off in your assessments tbh.
26 juill. 2021 à 22 h 8
Remember David Koci
Quoting: Meeqs
Edit: its tough to really know but considering their strong depth on defensive prospects and windows of the young players that strongly clash with the rest of the team I feel like there is certainly one of them that would make sense to use.

Other wise the team is even more foolish than I am assuming here.

Like lets say Fox/Lindgren who are both 23 are part of the core. That leaves 4 spots for Miller, Jones, Lunquist, and Schneider. That doesn't include Trouba who is signed for 5 more years and 3 of those kids wont be ready to play a significant role for 3 more seasons, while most of their core is in their mid to late prime.

I understand GM's like to play hardball but I just don't see the logic behind saying the guy thats 5th-7th on a depth chart is untouchable, especially when he just gave away a top liner for free and signed a bottom 6 guy to 4x too much

They traded up for him in the draft, they signed him in March, and they just got rid of D'Angelo (which they've been planning on doing). He's kinda exactly what they need atm.
26 juill. 2021 à 22 h 9
Remember David Koci
Quoting: DavidKociFanClub
OOOF with a capital O, sure man, your whole dissertation that lets you sidestep being criticised on value aside, let's dig into this eh?

Alright, so we're operating based off of how GM's behave and how the NHL acts in reality, right? Lovely. Would love to know your thought process behind somehow convincing analytics darling Jake McCabe to sign a one year 2.5M deal. Is Sakic going to walk in and bully him over the year he lost to injury? While I'd love to join you in the stars wherever you pulled this term and dollar amount from, I am unfortunately bound to keep myself and my ideas down here on planet Earth, and would encourage you to do the same. Have you seen what Defensemen are getting these days? Suter's about to score 4 years and you think McCabe will pick up 1?? Let alone at 2.5? OOF

It's not about a value here, as much as it a fallacy, when it comes to this NY trade. Maybe Burnaby Joe puts on the silver tongue and pulls Schneider away. I think you're making the wrong read on NY, "Made bad move x therefor they'll make bad move Y" is some prettttttty faulty logic. Drury trading Buch saved him some cap space and got rid of an unsigned asset, maybe he does the same with Chytil, but it doesn't necessarily look like NY is selling off for selling off's sake as much as it looks they're trying to capitalize on assets they don't think they'll be able to sign (no matter how misguided). They just got rid of Deangelo on the back end, and they literally signed the kid back in March of this year. Maybe there's an argument to be made for Drury being willing to move him bc he wasn't GM then, but he was associate GM, it's not like he's a fresh face. I don't buy it. The Chytil addition, sure, but there's been rumors floating around that they've been wanting to extend a QO his way for a few weeks. Some faulty logic at best here, pretty sure they shoot this one down (not because of value, because it doesn't make hockey sense). Feel free to elaborate on this one though.

This NSH trade, David Poile is going to trade his starting goaltender and top offensive producer to a division rival under the pretense that he's got a prospect *maybe 1-2* years away without a single bona fide blue chip prospect coming back? God bless the IRL GM who decides to go all in on a goalie prospect without seeing what they've got, we all know that works out so well (*cough* *cough* Markstrom *cough* *cough* Chris Gibson *cough* *cough* Malcolm Subban). NSH Knows how to develop goalies, Call Poile the farmer because he knows a thing or two because he's seen a thing or two — he's also shown he doesn't put prospects into the fire unless he's certain they can handle it, and he doesn't make trades that'll put him in a conspicuous position without knowing he's got abundance to back him up. One good goalie prospect ain't abundance. This trade seems unrealistic, maybe a year or two from now, but right now, it doesn't cut it. Poile's not dealing one-on-one with a division rival like this unless he's certain he's coming out on top ESPECIALLY after the Girard trade (which again, was a move made out of abundance, as NSH had plenty of blue chip D at the time). I'm also fairly certain NSH has plenty of players like Martin Kaut, in fact — I'm pretty sure that's where Martin Kaut's spawn.

Don't know why Sakic targets Riley Nash for the 4th line, he's typically reserved that line for high character penalty killers, not saying Nash isn't necessarily good, but with the options on the market I think it's unrealistic and antithetical to Sakic's reasoning the last few years. Hardly doubt that is Sakic is pulling teeth over giving Landy 5-8 years he's gonna be comfortable throwing 5 X 5 to Danault who projects as a slightly better Kadri, kinda worse Landeskog.

Love the idea of Forsberg and McCabe on this team, would be great additions and consolations for losing Landy. Love the idea of playing towards how GM's are acting — think you're a bit off in your assessments tbh.

Side note, just saw you made the DNVR podcast! Congrats you're famous!

I also echo everything they say.
27 juill. 2021 à 13 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Side note, just saw you made the DNVR podcast! Congrats you're famous!

I also echo everything they say.

We just being silly here fam. Full support to you livin your best life, in your own weird way
27 juill. 2021 à 14 h 3
Remember David Koci
Quoting: Meeqs
We just being silly here fam. Full support to you livin your best life, in your own weird way

Definitely a weird response to roster critique, but yeah bud same to you!

I mean, look at me man, I'm literally David Koci fanboy, I'm here for the silliness any day of the week haha. Just saw a roster that was clearly given some forethought and wanted to throw some right back at ya, certainly didn't mean anything anyway or the other.
27 juill. 2021 à 16 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 27 juill. 2021 à 16 h 43
Definitely a weird response to roster critique, but yeah bud same to you!

I mean, look at me man, I'm literally David Koci fanboy, I'm here for the silliness any day of the week haha. Just saw a roster that was clearly given some forethought and wanted to throw some right back at ya, certainly didn't mean anything anyway or the other.

I feel like my biggest issue here is who ISNT a fan of David Koci. Its not possible. The man was Brent Burns before Brent burns haha

EDIT: Also to get to your earlier post:

McCabe only played 13 games last year and is coming off major surgery, so the idea is he plays a full year next to Girard or Byram, juices his numbers and then gets a big pay day next offseason. If that deal is there for him now then thats also fine, its part of the reason I put up other alternatives in the lengthy bio. I would go higher on AAV or term but I think this made the most sense for both sides. I'd have to look at EW's contract projections to see if the number changed wildly but defensive dmen, especially ones coming off an MCL major injury don't break the bank too hard. I have no doubt GM's do foolish things all the time, but Col rarely does so I don't see a need to factor that in. My UFA approach is usually offer them fair value and they take it or they don't.

I think one of the biggest issues with message board trade talks is everyone tries to find a lot of deals that are fair for both sides, but the reality is we see massively one sided trades all the time and we KNOW there are bad GM's in the NHL who behave in predictable ways. A GM can make 1 bad trade, it happens, but when we see 2 or more bad moves in a row I think its fine to correlate from there, especially when its nothing too egregious. If anything, the norm on here that never takes this into account is more flawed imo.

NYR has 4 D prospects and 3 open roster spots. I would be open to seeing how they are ranked and that some of them wont be moved, but saying all of them wont be makes no sense. The trade aligns well with all their goals, especially if you believe they are looking to move out Strome. The Buch and Goodrow trade/signing are unjustifiable bad imo. Ideally and originally I wanted the trade to be Kadri for Buch 1 for 1 but they kind of beat me to the punch there and there aren't many teams where you can trade Kadri too that make sense with his NTC.

NSH just gave away Ellis and Arvidsson for futures, and Forsberg is pissed about it (via his insta) and is a pending UFA. I stated above that I'd rather get a UFA than Forsberg anyways but the point on him was to have fun more so than make sense. My only strong point here is that NSH is absolutely rebuilding and thinking otherwise is either not paying attention of being a silly goose. So it doesn't matter who their goalie is, they are trying to win, and if they can capitalize on a goalie (that I forced myself to trade for as signing Gru was against the rules I set for myself) would be a wise moves as goalies never return much in a trade. Outside of prospects NSH has like 1 maybe 2 good forwards, to say they don't need one is silly.

I targeted Nash because he is one of the best shutdown players in the league and COL is trying to win now. I made a rule I wouldn't be relying on prospects, so getting a proven specialist on the cheap makes sense for depth. It also makes the Avs a nightmare defensively. There are other depth player options but I like to target guys who are elite in certain areas.

I think if you say Gabe isn't staying then you need to try and replace him by parts. The biggest being his loss in 2 way play which you replace best with a Danault, who I also really like and can age well for you. He is a VERY different player than Kadri but I really love the fit here a lot.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage