SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Fire Bergevin WHY MAILLOUX he ruined the image of this team

24 juill. 2021 à 9 h 46
Hurricane Waddell
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,588
This is all dumb…be conflicted about the situation. You are allowed to have feelings. But posting about this situation on CapFriendly isn’t constructive.

None of us know the entire story, including the Habs. If they do not fulfill their commitments to the player to help him on and off the ice, then the Habs deserve all the fury you can fling their way.

If the Habs can help this 18 year old kid become a better person, then the pick was well worth it to us all. This is regardless of whether he plays a single NHL game.
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
Quoting: Caniac555
This is all dumb…be conflicted about the situation. You are allowed to have feelings. But posting about this situation on CapFriendly isn’t constructive.

None of us know the entire story, including the Habs. If they do not fulfill their commitments to the player to help him on and off the ice, then the Habs deserve all the fury you can fling their way.

If the Habs can help this 18 year old kid become a better person, then the pick was well worth it to us all. This is regardless of whether he plays a single NHL game.

Actually we do know the full story. He took pictures of her during a sexual act without her permission and then showed them to his team in a small town where everyone knows everyone.
That's what she said, that's what he admitted to.
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 18
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,139
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
It is outrageous. There is alot of nonsense here and none of it is coming from me.

Lol you are the one making the kid sound like a rapist. You are ridiculous
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 19
JimmyPaek
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,139
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
Actually we do know the full story. He took pictures of her during a sexual act without her permission and then showed them to his team in a small town where everyone knows everyone.

None of that makes him a “sexual predator”. None of that makes him beyond redemption
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 22
Quoting: edeangel84
None of that makes him a “sexual predator”. None of that makes him beyond redemption

Yes, taking sexual pictures of someone without their consent alone makes him a sexual predator. Sharing them without consent doubles the meaning
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 26
Hurricane Waddell
The entire story doesn’t end with act, the victim’s comments, and the perpetrator’s admission. It must include all outcomes that come after.

edeangel84 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 32
The entire story doesn’t end with act, the victim’s comments, and the perpetrator’s admission. It must include all outcomes that come after.

The entire story as it matters to a kid getting the privilege of being drafted into the nhl beforw he does a single thing in penance is done.
2 or 3 years down the road some new chapters may be written, but right now we know all we need to know to condemn this move as terrible
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 38
Hurricane Waddell
This is written as if the kid was solely drafted by the Habs because he committed this act.

The real world is cruel, but we all have the choice to live our lives free of hate. I’m rooting for an outcome where this kid learns from this and becomes a better person. I don’t know the victim and can’t even begin to imagine what is needed to heal, nor how long it takes for that to happen (if it ever does).

Let me ask you this…would you feel better about this if he was drafted with the last pick in the 7th round, or drafted next year?

The entire story as it matters to a kid getting the privilege of being drafted into the nhl beforw he does a single thing in penance is done.
2 or 3 years down the road some new chapters may be written, but right now we know all we need to know to condemn this move as terrible
24 juill. 2021 à 10 h 49
This is written as if the kid was solely drafted by the Habs because he committed this act.

The real world is cruel, but we all have the choice to live our lives free of hate. I’m rooting for an outcome where this kid learns from this and becomes a better person. I don’t know the victim and can’t even begin to imagine what is needed to heal, nor how long it takes for that to happen (if it ever does).

Let me ask you this…would you feel better about this if he was drafted with the last pick in the 7th round, or drafted next year?

No, I'd feel better of he actually did something to better himself before being gifted an nhl shot. He shouldn't have been drafted until he started down that road, and he hasnt yet.
Also that's some weird projection on the first part
24 juill. 2021 à 12 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
Carry on lads this was just getting good

popcorn
1 août 2021 à 8 h 56
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 93
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
I have my eyes open about athletes. Makes it harder to enjoy sports as an adult.

Never said I was perfect. But I've never taken sexual images of another person without their consent and I've never shared sexual images of another person without their consent. I've also never sexually assaulted anyone.

It's remarkably easy to not do sex crimes.

You seem like a huge part of the problem though if you help keep this stuff under the rug. I feel sorry for the women in your life.

The kid wasn't charged with a sex crime, he was charged with invasion of privacy and defliamtion for posting a video without her consent. A serious crime indeed.
1 août 2021 à 8 h 58
Taking secret pictures of people in sexual situations is a sex crime. Sharing those pictures is a sex crime, doing any of that with someone under the age of consent is a sex crime

The kid wasn't charged with a sex crime, he was charged with invasion of privacy and defliamtion for posting a video without her consent
1 août 2021 à 10 h 5
Quoting: Bc44
The kid wasn't charged with a sex crime, he was charged with invasion of privacy and defliamtion for posting a video without her consent

that's because Sweden doesnt have the same law definitions as Canada/USA/other places. if Murder wasnt a crime in another country and you killed a guy for no reason it would still be murder.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 août 2021 à 13 h 56
Modifié 2 août 2021 à 21 h 11
that's because Sweden doesnt have the same law definitions as Canada/USA/other places. if Murder wasnt a crime in another country and you killed a guy for no reason it would still be murder.

The legal definition in Canada is also similar to this one in Sweden. The crime i am personally familiar with ( very similar to the situation in alot of ways) happened in Canada and the young man wasnt charged with a sex crime ( if found guilty would be on the sexual offenders list). I am not trying to get into any type of argument as i tend to lean towards the belief it should be a sex crime. I just wanted to make it clear that under the current legal situation that this individual finds himself in it is not classified as a sex crime. Public opinion really doesnt matter at this point the Law matters. Again i saw people on here calling it a sex crime and wanted to clarify that it is in fact their opinion, right or wrong the current law states that it isnt a sex crime. This matters

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage