24 juill. 2021 à 5 h 24
Jjgally
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3
CapFriendly Bot: Thread moved to appropriate forum
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 2
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,025
Ruined the image of the team? This is a team who tried to acquire DeAngelo at the trade deadline this year and tried to acquire the rights to Voynov when his ban was lifted(and Im leaving out a team that hasnt had a comment on the fact Bergevin worked in the Blackhawks front office while that whole mess was going on). Mailloux isnt something new, its just the latest step of a team with a terrible public image.
GoodIdeaAtTheTime et bhavikp27 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 13
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,659
Calm down the kid made a mistake
If something bad happens again and they keep him, that would be bad for the image
Right now, he was the best right handed dman available and he is a promising prospect
Grapevine, Im_islesforthecup, GoodIdeaAtTheTime and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 25
Brandon Wheat Kings
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 144
Why are kids not allowed to make mistakes anymore?
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,343
Quoting: Grapevine
Why are kids not allowed to make mistakes anymore?

forgetting to set your alarm and being late for work is a mistake, this was not a mistake. But of course someone with a Don Cherry avatar and name reference wouldnt understand that
FunMustBeAlways, Stripes77, sensonfire and 2 others a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 42
Quoting: Poehling
If something bad happens again and they keep him, that would be bad for the image
Right now, he was the best right handed dman available and he is a promising prospect

the excuses people are willing to make for a kid who did something awful and hasnt even had to learn from his experience is disgusting.
Stripes77 a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 49
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 119
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
the excuses people are willing to make for a kid who did something awful and hasnt even had to learn from his experience is disgusting.

Dont tell me you didnt do **** when you were in high school bc that would be complete bs. So now he also did and you want him held to a higher standard, according to you your employer shouldntve hired you. No its their decision to hire and theyll base that off not what he did but what they think he will do. Bergevin obviously felt he turned a new page, but you want to stack everything against him. So youre the classic elitist who holds everything against everyone else to cover for your own insecurities.
GoodIdeaAtTheTime, Grapevine, math731 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 50
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,222
Quoting: Byrr
Ruined the image of the team? This is a team who tried to acquire DeAngelo at the trade deadline this year and tried to acquire the rights to Voynov when his ban was lifted(and Im leaving out a team that hasnt had a comment on the fact Bergevin worked in the Blackhawks front office while that whole mess was going on). Mailloux isnt something new, its just the latest step of a team with a terrible public image.

Bergevin has had to comment, said exactly what you would expect though 'I knew nothing about it at the time, I will go on record saying that, and it's a horrible thing to hear' ..... That was it. So ya just as bad as saying nothing really
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 56
Brandon Wheat Kings
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 144
forgetting to set your alarm and being late for work is a mistake, this was not a mistake. But of course someone with a Don Cherry avatar and name reference wouldnt understand that

Your arrogance aside, I’d love for people like you to have to air your personal failures to the world and see how you react.
that_onehabsfan a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 6 h 56
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 93
Kid deserves to be charged and has to deal with the sentence. Likley public service of some kind. A serious offense in todays society and rightfully so. Speaking from an experience of a similar situation It is in no way a prison sentence. Hopefully the Victim will be content with the consequences Mailloux will be dealing with. Public opinion aside i bet the victim wants fair justice (consequences) however doesnt want to see this ruin a persons life or career. Punishment should always meet the crime.. The kid wasn't charged with a sex crime, he was charged with invasion of privacy and defliamtion for posting a video without her consent.
FunMustBeAlways a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 7
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,135
This thread does a good job of showing who thinks women are less than men.

Spreading sexual images of another person without their consent is abhorrent and is much worse than a "mistake"

Kudos to those Habs fans who are disgusted at the actions of their team
FunMustBeAlways, Stripes77, sensonfire and 3 others a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 12
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861

Yup well said. This is a good take.
MountRoyal a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 16
Quoting: Grapevine
Your arrogance aside, I’d love for people like you to have to air your personal failures to the world and see how you react.

You know what's arrogant? Having a guy who was fired for being a xenophobic dinosaur while defending a kid who did something awful under the guise of a 'mistake' and then putting it on other people's imaginary failures.
Ill tell you one thing i never did, took private sexual pictures of teenaged girls and showed them to a locker room of hockey players
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 19
Quoting: Im_islesforthecup
Dont tell me you didnt do **** when you were in high school bc that would be complete bs. So now he also did and you want him held to a higher standard, according to you your employer shouldntve hired you. No its their decision to hire and theyll base that off not what he did but what they think he will do. Bergevin obviously felt he turned a new page, but you want to stack everything against him. So youre the classic elitist who holds everything against everyone else to cover for your own insecurities.

Of course i made mistakes when i was a kid, i cut class, drank too much, whatever. I never did anything remotely close to what this kid did. This is such a lame and pathetic excuse used by people who either care more about hockey than they do women like the one who was wronged here or they themselves did something really awful and want to believe that this is normal so they dont have to come to terms with what they did
littlejerryseinfeld et RaZZe a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 42
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 119
Of course i made mistakes when i was a kid, i cut class, drank too much, whatever. I never did anything remotely close to what this kid did. This is such a lame and pathetic excuse used by people who either care more about hockey than they do women like the one who was wronged here or they themselves did something really awful and want to believe that this is normal so they dont have to come to terms with what they did

So my question for you is should he get another chance or should he be ****ed for life for something he did as a teenager? I also love the insinuation that i care more about hockey than women, tbh its pretty pathetic considering theyre not mutually exclusive. It sort of proves my first point that you have to really stretch the facts to try to make an accusation thats only purpose is to help your insecurities. I hope youre feeling better now that theres "something wrong" with me too.
24 juill. 2021 à 7 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,219
Quoting: Poehling

He made a mistake AND pulled himself from the draft, that's what bugs me as well that MTL still had the audacity to draft him knowing that the whole NHL would frown upon it. It looks really bad particularly with the Chicago scandal (marc was there when it happened) and the fact they allegedly tried to get DeAngelo. This org needs to really look itself in the mirror, what an embarrassment.
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 9
Habs4ever
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,193
Using your measuring stick, Hyman, Robinson, Ceci, Gaudette, Kane, Seguin, O’Reilly, The other Kane, Marchand all did stupid things between the ages 15 to 20. Heck I was extremely immature at age 17.

Thank goodness for forgiveness and adults willing to show the way. Then when I coached I had players with drugs, alcohol, girls in hotel rooms and I never kicked one player off the team but decided to love them and show them a better way to live.

According to your measuring stick, I would have to kick one of my sons out of my house when he did something stupid 4 years ago. It’s a good thing he didn’t have you as a father.
Grapevine, Im_islesforthecup, VijayPatel11 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 14
retired
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,761
just keep him unsigned until his rights are almost expired. if he's changed sign him if not let him walk.
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 14
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 14,135
Quoting: Habs4ever
Using your measuring stick, Hyman, Robinson, Ceci, Gaudette, Kane, Seguin, O’Reilly, The other Kane, Marchand all did stupid things between the ages 15 to 20. Heck I was extremely immature at age 17.

Thank goodness for forgiveness and adults willing to show the way. Then when I coached I had players with drugs, alcohol, girls in hotel rooms and I never kicked one player off the team but decided to love them and show them a better way to live.

According to your measuring stick, I would have to kick one of my sons out of my house when he did something stupid 4 years ago. It’s a good thing he didn’t have you as a father.

He shared sexual images of another human being with people without her consent.

Not the same thing as simply having sex. Not the same thing as underage drinking.

What is wrong with people
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 14
Habs4ever
Quoting: crankshaft
He made a mistake AND pulled himself from the draft, that's what bugs me as well that MTL still had the audacity to draft him knowing that the whole NHL would frown upon it. It looks really bad particularly with the Chicago scandal (marc was there when it happened) and the fact they allegedly tried to get DeAngelo. This org needs to really look itself in the mirror, what an embarrassment.

24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 17
Habs4ever
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
He shared sexual images of another human being with people without her consent.

Not the same thing as simply having sex. Not the same thing as underage drinking.

What is wrong with people

I’m not saying it’s right but many people including myself did some immature dumb things at 17. Not everyone is without sin like you.
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 17
Quoting: Im_islesforthecup
So my question for you is should he get another chance or should he be ****ed for life for something he did as a teenager? I also love the insinuation that i care more about hockey than women, tbh its pretty pathetic considering theyre not mutually exclusive. It sort of proves my first point that you have to really stretch the facts to try to make an accusation thats only purpose is to help your insecurities. I hope youre feeling better now that theres "something wrong" with me too.

He should get a chance when he has shown he has learned from it. The victim hasnt even gotten a sincere apology from him yet.
You know what's insecure? Putting this on me to justify your defence of a disgusting act because you care about some hockey player being able to get drafted over the damage he did to that poor girl that will be with her forever
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 18
I’m not saying it’s right but many people including myself did some immature dumb things at 17. Not everyone is without sin like you.

Did you take secret pictures of 17 year old girls in sexual conditions and share them with an entire hockey team when you were a kid?
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 19

You didnt just build a straw man here, you built a straw village
24 juill. 2021 à 8 h 26
Habs4ever
Did you take secret pictures of 17 year old girls in sexual conditions and share them with an entire hockey team when you were a kid?

I played junior then coached for 23 years in the Q & O and I can tell you some crazy stories of players that did dumb things.

Two players currently in the NHL came to live with my family for a week each so we could have some talks to help them make better decisions. The age of transition from the front of your brain to the back of your brain is age 17 to 27. This is significant because our emotions and feelings are at the front of our brains.

I also work with the CHL with players needing help. It’s confidential and was put together after Terry Trafford of the Saginaw Spirit took his life.

So instead of throwing people under the bus, we teach them and surround them with loving teachable ways to make better decisions.
Im_islesforthecup et edeangel84 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage