Publié: 22 juill. 2021 à 23 h 3
Description
Trades:
--------------------------------------------------------
New Jersey trades | Detroit trades
4th pick | 6th pick, 48th pick
---------------------------------------------------------
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-#1 - Buffalo selects Owen Power from the University of Michigan. This pick is pretty easy, Power is ranked #1 wherever you look and he played really well in the World Championship. He’s a big mobile defenseman and has good potential. He’s likely spending another year in Michigan, but Buffalo doesn’t need a win now player.
2Logo de Kraken de Seattle-#2 - Seattle selects Matthew Beniers from the University of Michigan. This pick I had to think about. For me it was between William Eklund and Beniers at this pick, but in the end I think Seattle goes the Beniers way. Seattle needs centers and Beniers is the best one available. Seattle clearly prioritizes D, but with Power off the board there is no top D man available.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-#3 - Anaheim selects Dylan Guenther from the Edmonton Oil Kings. This is where the draft gets interesting and where anything can happen. Anaheim is set on D and in goal, and it’s no secret they need a goal scorer. Guenther is regarded as the best shooter in this draft so I have the Ducks taking Guenther.
4Logo de Devils du New Jersey-#4 - Detroit selects William Eklund from Djurgårdens IF of the SHL. In this scenario Detroit moves up and takes William Eklund before Columbus can take him. I wouldn't be surprised if Eklund goes top 2, but in this mock he goes 4. I think New Jersey would be fine moving back since the guy they want isn’t a top 5 talent. Detroit is very happy to take Eklund, and they can afford to lose a second.
5Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-#5 - Columbus selects Brandt Clarke from Barrie Colts. With Detroit taking the guy I think Columbus wants, I think the Blue Jackets go defensemen with the 5th pick. WIth Jones on his way out, Columbus would need a right-handed defenseman. Clarke is by far the #1 RHD so this pick is pretty easy to make for Jarmo.
6Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-#6 - New Jersey selects Luke Hughes from the US Development Program. I think Hughes goes to New Jersey or Vancouver unless someone reaches on him. Hughes will fit on Jersey’s blue line nicely. The Devils already have a good amount of forwards and a top 4 D would be perfect.
7Logo de Sharks de San Jose-#7 - San Jose selects Jesper Wallstedt from Luleå HF of the SHL. This pick was close between Wallstedt and Edvinsson, but in the end I think the Sharks need a franchise goalie more than a top 4 D, who isn’t an offensive threat. Wallstedt could go high but with Detroit recently getting Nedeljkovic, I think San Jose is the team that would take him and if not San Jose maybe Ottawa or Chicago. In the end though this pick is great for both the player and team.
8Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-#8 - Los Angeles selects Simon Edvinsson from Frolunda HC of the SHL. The Kings are stacked everywhere so they take the BPA which in my opinion is Edvinsson. Edvinsson projects to be a good Dman with not much offensive upside but a good defensive game.
9Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-#9 - Vancouver selects Kent Johnson from the University of Michigan. There are been plenty of rumours that Johnson really wants to play in the Northwest and that Vancouver is really interested in picking him, so this is perfect, and both sides are extremely happy with this pick.
10Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-#10 - Ottawa selects Mason McTavish from the Peterborough Petes. McTavish has been rising in many rankings for the past little while and I think now that the top 9 are all gone, Ottawa takes the riser in the draft.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Choix au repêchage retiré
12Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-#12 - Chicago selects Sebastian Cossa from the Edmonton Oil Kings. Some people say Cossa might be a better goalie than Wallstedt (I disagree but we’ll see). I think this year might be known as the year of the goalies. Maybe Wallstedt and Cossa end up being 1-2 in a redraft of this draft sometime in the future. Chicago’s goaltending pair now is Lankinen and Subban, so they could clearly use a #1 goalie.
13Logo de Flames de Calgary-#13 - Calgary selects Chaz Lucuis from the US Development Program. Calgary doesn’t hit me as a team that has a specific need so I have them taking the best player available, and in this scenario and in my opinion that is Chaz Lucuis.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-#14 - Philadelphia selects Fedor Svechkov from Lada Togliatti of the VHL. Philadelphia needs defense and from what I have heard Svechkov’s defensive play has really risen his draft stock over the past couple months, but he also is good at offensive positioning and is good at finding the open ice. I think Philly will be interested in a forward who also plays good defense.
15Logo de Stars de Dallas-#15 - Dallas selects Cole Sillinger from Sioux Falls Stampede. Dallas is the same as Calgary, they don’t really have a NEED so I have them taking BPA who I think is Cole Sillinger.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-#16 - New York selects Carson Lambos from the Winnipeg Ice. The Rangers are pretty set everywhere, but I think they would prefer to take a Dman and the best one available is Carson Lambos.
17Logo de Blues de St-Louis-#17 - St. Louis selects Fabian Lysell from Luleå HF of the SHL. With Senko likely gone I think St. Louis would look for a replacement and right now there are many available and I think the Blues would be more than happy to take Lysell.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-#18 - Winnipeg selects Daniil Chaya from CSKA Moskva of the KHL. It’s not a secret Winnipeg needs D and I think Chayka is the best one available.
19Logo de Predators de Nashville-#19 - Nashville selects Nikita Chibrikov from SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL. When a team protects FIVE defenseman you know they have a weakness up front. As I'm writing this part I haven’t decided who to pick so you’ll see my thinking process. The top forwards available are Chibrikov, Pastujov, and Robertson. I think they take Chibrikov, who had a WJC tournament.
20Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-#20 - Edmonton selects Matthew Coronato from the Chicago Steel. Edmonton needs wings, but we all know Hyman signing there is likely but they still need more. One of the best wings in this draft is still available, and after Cossa went, which would have been the perfect pick for the Oilers, I think they’ll be fine to pick Coronato.
21Logo de Bruins de Boston-#21- Boston selects Corson Ceulemans from Brooks Bandits. After losing Lauzon, and getting Hall, I think Boston should be looking for a defenseman, and I think Corson Ceulemans from the AJHL would be a good pick for the Bruins.
22Logo de Wild du Minnesota-#22 - Buffalo selects Aatu Raty from Karpat of Liiga. I think if Buffalo picks at 22 because of an Eichel trade they are going center, and I’ve seen some people have Raty in the top 10, though I think he goes in the 20-30 range, but is worth a 40-50 pick. Raty might be the best center available in Buffalo’s opinion so I have them taking him.
23Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de Washington#23 - Detroit selects Sasha Pastujov from the US Development Program. With Detroit going forward I think they would want to go with a defenseman but I think the run on D starts later and Pastujov is really good and I don’t see him slipping any more.
24Logo de Panthers de la Floride-#24 - Florida selects Xavier Bourgault from the Shawinigan Cataractes. Florida is coming off a really good season, and I think they just BPA, who imo is Bourgault.
25Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto#25 - Columbus selects Zachary L’Heureux from the Halifax Mooseheads. I think Columbus goes center with their next pick and I think one of the best centers in this draft is available in L’Heureux and I think Columbu would love to pick him. So they go Clarke to fill Jones’s spot and then get a positional need with L’Heureux. Not bad so far.
26Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh#26 - Minnesota selects Brennan Othmann from Olten of the SL. Minny needs wingers and I think Othmann is a very good one. In this scenario they have ?- Eichel - Kaprizov so a left winger for the future would be amazing for them and I think Othmann can be that for them.
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-#27 - Carolina selects Zachary Bolduc from the Rimouski Océanic. Carolina is stacked everywhere so I think they would just go with the best player available who in my opinion is Bolduc.
28Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-#28 - Colorado selects Logan Stankoven from the Kamloops Blazers. Colorado is in the same situation as Carolina so they also go BPA who is Logan Stankoven.
29Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New York#29 - New Jersey selects Mackie Samoskevich from the Chicago Steel. After taking Hughes at 6, New Jersey should look at forward options, and the best one available is close between Duke, Knies, and Samoskevich, but I like Mackie the most so that’s my pick.
30Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-#30 - Vegas selects Simon Robertsson from Skellefteå AIK of the SHL. Robertsson is all over the place in rankings. Some have him in the 20’s others have him in the 2nd round. I have him as a late first/early second player, so it’s time someone picks him.
31Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-#31 - Montreal selects Sean Behrens from the US Development Program. I really like Behrens and I think he can go anywhere from 20-50. He’s a point-producing D man and that’s what Montreal needs, especially after losing Weber.
32Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay#32 - Columbus selects Alexander Kisakov from MHK Dynamo Moskva from the MHL. I know this is a reach, but last year the Jackets took Chinakov which was a hell of a reach and so far it’s turned out not bad for them. Kisakov was over a point per game in the MHL last year, so I think it’s likely a team takes a flyer on him and I think the Blue Jackets would be willing to do that.
23 juill. 2021 à 0 h 3
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Don't know why it didn't save but Eichel goes to Minny and 22 is involved
23 juill. 2021 à 8 h 46
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
I sure hope we don't pick Behrens anywhere near here - He's small and the last thing we need is a another 5 foot 9 Victor Mete type, and if you follow the habs we have 4 solid LHD in the pipeline of Norlinder, Struble, Harris and Guhle - Behrens is not the BAP and doesn't even match need. We still need centre depth of scoring or LW or Right handed D before a LHD. I would pick Francesco Pinelli here but was hoping Bourgault, Pastujov, Samu Salminen, or Simon Robertson here.
pinslack a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2021 à 9 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: Leemer
I sure hope we don't pick Behrens anywhere near here - He's small and the last thing we need is a another 5 foot 9 Victor Mete type, and if you follow the habs we have 4 solid LHD in the pipeline of Norlinder, Struble, Harris and Guhle - Behrens is not the BAP and doesn't even match need. We still need centre depth of scoring or LW or Right handed D before a LHD. I would pick Francesco Pinelli here but was hoping Bourgault, Pastujov, Samu Salminen, or Simon Robertson here.

That's interesting. There's lots of options but I think if the Habs like behrens they will take him. I don't think positional need matters too much in the first round, that's a later round thing.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage