SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Seattle Kraken

Question Marks

21 juill. 2021 à 23 h 4
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 479
1. I can't believe they haven't made any trades. I mean, ok you want to keep cap space for UFAs and trades post-draft but they don't have a lot of quality assets, neither picks to complete trades.

2. I can't believe they take Geekie over Bean without any assets given by the canes.

3. I don't understant Brandon Tanev's selection. I mean this guy is almost a cap dump. Yeah he's a good grit player, but they already hace Donskoi, Gourde, Bastian, MacDermid for this. IMO if they wanted to stick with cap savings, ZAR would've been a better pick.

4. I don't know much about John Quenneville but I'm pretty sure Gaudette/Zadorov would've been good value assets for picks at least if you don't want them in your roster.

5. I don't know much about Twarynsky, Quenneville, Bayreuther and True, can't argue about it, but they are surprising picks for sure.
Patriot12992 a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2021 à 9 h 49
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 546
Quenneville and Bayreuther are pending UFAs, so they basically just passed on picking anybody from Chicago or Columbus. (If they were going to sign them, they would have done so before the expansion draft.) Hard to believe there wasn't one available player on those teams that they could have flipped to someone else for a 3rd to 5th round draft pick (Zadorov and Domi?). It's like they don't want to trade with anybody. Instead of accumulating tradeable assets, they seem to have just gone fishing to try to find the next William Karlsson. The defense looks pretty solid though. They could definitely trade a couple of defensemen and still have enough depth at that position to start the season. I think they'll be ok in goal too. We haven't seen Driedger or Vanacek in a true #1 role yet, but they've both shown enough for me to think that they could at least form a solid tandem.

I too was amazed that they took Geekie over Bean. The only reason I can think of is the uncertainty of Bean not being signed. Maybe they talked to him and he wanted too much. Carolina seemed to think so.
Taz et Patriot12992 a aimé ceci.
26 juill. 2021 à 17 h 31
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 69
Quoting: jr400
Quenneville and Bayreuther are pending UFAs, so they basically just passed on picking anybody from Chicago or Columbus. (If they were going to sign them, they would have done so before the expansion draft.) Hard to believe there wasn't one available player on those teams that they could have flipped to someone else for a 3rd to 5th round draft pick (Zadorov and Domi?). It's like they don't want to trade with anybody. Instead of accumulating tradeable assets, they seem to have just gone fishing to try to find the next William Karlsson. The defense looks pretty solid though. They could definitely trade a couple of defensemen and still have enough depth at that position to start the season. I think they'll be ok in goal too. We haven't seen Driedger or Vanacek in a true #1 role yet, but they've both shown enough for me to think that they could at least form a solid tandem.

I too was amazed that they took Geekie over Bean. The only reason I can think of is the uncertainty of Bean not being signed. Maybe they talked to him and he wanted too much. Carolina seemed to think so.

Yea not picking Bean looks alot worse after the trade too, They could have just flipped him if they didn't want him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage