Forums/Armchair-GM

Eichel Forsberg Garland McCabe

Créé par: Cham
Équipe: 2021-22 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 17 juill. 2021
Publié: 19 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Trade explanations below you donkeys (I am obviously not donkey brained so don’t come at me) (honestly, I’m open to criticism or opinions, but from what I know, as well as my bias as a flames fan, this would be my ideal off-season though I’m sure I’m not valuing certain players properly, and to be fair this is a rough idea)

Gio: gets claimed

Forsberg: Elite shot and if Ellis can get traded, and traded for that little (though I am fairly high on Meyers and see the upside in Patrick/Glass), Forsberg (considering he’s NSH’s only forward with significant value) would be someone Poile might look into trading if he wants to get assets for a rebuild, now with an extension in place before the trade his value would go up rather just trading him as a rental (which I’d want to extend him to something like 8x8) and if so you could include either 2nds or someone like Pettersen, who although I wouldn’t want to give up, he’s very similar to Mangi and so he doesn’t necessarily fill a need.

Eichel: 1. His injury is almost certainly overblown, yes it may require surgery, but if only rehab is even an option, then it isn’t career threatening and almost certainly will not affect his play. 2. for my money he’s either traded to MIN or CGY, I believe I remember hearing that BUF wants an immediate top 6 center in return (which MIN can’t provide), and while Monys value is down from this last year, he’s still likely regarded as a top 6 C if not 1C, especially if he can potentially play with Johnny. Johnny on the other hand could either be part of a sign and trade to maximize his value with either BUF or another team that BUF would flip him to (think PHI since they seem to be clearing up cap, and ya know, he wants to play there). Them alone are probably worth 3 firsts if not more and then they get two more (which personally as much as I do value draft picks and think the flames have done well with theirs, the flames very likely won’t get a center like Eichel with their picks). Even with the injury Eichel should recover and become a top 5 center and the 1C that the flames desperately need to contend.

Garland: Arizona seemed to be disinterested in resigning him earlier this offseason, and considering they 100% want to cut salary, an all futures package which essentially is a 1st, 2nd, and cheap depth d with potential would suit both their needs and Garlands value, he provides insanely underrated hockey IQ and great skill and drive (idk why ARI doesn’t want him but they don’t seem to want anyone)

Forsberg: Elite shot and if Ellis can get traded, and traded for that little, Forsberg (considering he’s NSH’s only forward with significant value) would be someone Poile might look into trading if he wants to get assets for a rebuild, now with an extension in place before the trade his value would go up rather just trading him as a rental (which I’d want to extend him to something like 8x8) and if so you could include either 2nds or someone like Pettersen, who although I wouldn’t want to give up, he’s very similar to Mangi and so he doesn’t necessarily fill a need. As for including Backlund in the trade, yes it clears up cap space for the flames, but his production is still at or near his contract, and for a rebuilding Preds team, he’s exactly the kind of guy you’d want as a leading voice in that locker room, and if need be (which the Duchene and Johansson contracts help with this) he can help you reach the cap floor.

McCabe signing: again, because he’s injured doesn’t mean he’s bad. He’s been a greatly underrated defensive defenseman from what I’ve seen of him (and according to Dom Luszczyszyn’s And JFresh hockey’s models was in the 93rd and 96th percentile of defensive play for defensemen over the last three years, played mostly with Risto, and still wasn’t a offensive black hole, plus he looked a lot better this year pre-injury)

Perry signing: I would think for what he’ll make would be highly sought after, but he can be a ruthless player who has cup experience and has proven the last two years that he’s able to still produce and perform at a high level in the playoffs, if Perry isn’t available for a price we can afford or decides to sign elsewhere, then someone with a similar amount of playoff and hopefully cup experience should be brought in, especially with Eichel who could really learn from them or at least be more comfortable coming to Calgary with those types of leaders in the locker room (not saying Eichel has attitude problems, just that he’s still young and somewhat impressionable)

Next year when Forsberg, Tkachuk, and Mangiapane should all get roughly a 2-3 mil. raise salary will need to be cleared, and in doing so Lucic will almost certainly need to have his cap hit moved. So one idea I had to do so while also keeping what he brings to the team, would be a move similar to the Orpik trade a few years ago where WSH traded him to COL, who bought him out for WSH to resign at a lower cap hit. So assuming Seattle (or whoever else has cap space: Chicago, or Arizona and maybe include him in the Garland trade) buys out Lucic (roughly 3.5 in salary, 3.75 cap hit) for Calgary to resign afterwards (cause I honestly think he’s begun to love it here + he could get a letter + he’s become a fan favorite) Looch himself wouldn’t actually lose any money, and the flames could resign him (a la Orpik) for somewhere between league minimum and $1.5 mil. Which would fit under the cap for next year with room for 3 scratches at 900k-700k as well. (Brower’s buyout and any of Gaudreau’s salary the flames retain come off the books as well)
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
1900 000 $
55 750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
43 000 000 $
2900 000 $
22 500 000 $
21 500 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
CGY
    Expansion
    CGY
    1. Garland, Conor [Droits de RFA]
    ARI
    1. Kylington, Oliver
    2. Zary, Connor
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
    NSH
    1. Backlund, Mikael
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (CGY)
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (CGY)
    4. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
    BUF
    1. Gaudreau, Johnny (1 500 000 $ retained)
    2. Monahan, Sean
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (CGY)
    4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CGY)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de EDM
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de FLA
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    Logo de CGY
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $74 202 499 $0 $15 000 $7 297 501 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Predators de Nashville
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
    10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Flames de Calgary
    2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 3
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 5
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    863 333 $863 333 $
    AG
    RFA - 3
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG, AD, C
    RFA - 3
    801 666 $801 666 $ (Bonis de performance15 000 $$15K)
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
    DG
    UFA - 3
    4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 5
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 4
    1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    DG
    RFA - 2
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    900 000 $900 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    19 juill. 2021 à 0 h 36
    Rejoint: janv. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,386
    Easy no for the Preds, also Tkachuk would be going the other way in any Eichel deal.
    gmgb a aimé ceci.
    19 juill. 2021 à 3 h 46
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 31
    Quoting: PeterForsberg21
    Easy no for the Preds, also Tkachuk would be going the other way in any Eichel deal.

Honest question: why is it an easy no for the Preds? cause Forsberg is young enough and good enough to stay through a rebuild, or cause the offer is too low. I’ll admit for a player of his caliber it’s low, but with 1 year left and as far as I know no guarantee he’d resign with a team that’s actively rebuilding and getting worse, I think a first plus three smaller assets would be fair IMO (which may be biased, though I think Gaudreau with no extension is worth the same, though personally I’d rather have another 1st than more, less valuable assets). though a bidding war could bump up the price, there are also times where GM’s get a bit desperate to move a guy they don’t feel they’d be able to resign and don’t get as much for him — but just my thoughts.

As for the Eichel trade I honestly don’t know that the Sabres are in a position to get Tkachuk for him — Tkachuk is a unicorn and I know 1C’s don’t grow on trees but with another 1OA pick the Sabres are in a position to target quantity over quality somewhat.
    19 juill. 2021 à 6 h 59
    Rejoint: juill. 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 173
    I'd rather have the 1st than Zary (essentially replacing our lost 1st), but it's not too far off. I still believe other teams can beat it/Arizona do better, as it is rumored to be at least 5-6 teams interested. A bidding war may drive the price up.
    Cham a aimé ceci.
    19 juill. 2021 à 8 h 3
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
    Quoting: Cham
    Honest question: why is it an easy no for the Preds? cause Forsberg is young enough and good enough to stay through a rebuild, or cause the offer is too low. I’ll admit for a player of his caliber it’s low, but with 1 year left and as far as I know no guarantee he’d resign with a team that’s actively rebuilding and getting worse, I think a first plus three smaller assets would be fair IMO (which may be biased, though I think Gaudreau with no extension is worth the same, though personally I’d rather have another 1st than more, less valuable assets). though a bidding war could bump up the price, there are also times where GM’s get a bit desperate to move a guy they don’t feel they’d be able to resign and don’t get as much for him — but just my thoughts.

As for the Eichel trade I honestly don’t know that the Sabres are in a position to get Tkachuk for him — Tkachuk is a unicorn and I know 1C’s don’t grow on trees but with another 1OA pick the Sabres are in a position to target quantity over quality somewhat.

Adding a 32 year old $5.35M 40-50 point center to our 8M dollar centers is a non-starter for a rebuilding team. So as far as useful assets to a rebuild it's a 2022 1st and a pair of 3rds. The 2022 1st would likely be later in the draft so NHL impact wouldn't be for years. Trading our only reliable scoring forward for hopes and dreams in 5 years isn't gonna work. We'd want someone like Pelletier (or comparable prospect).
    PeterForsberg21 a aimé ceci.
    19 juill. 2021 à 10 h 3
    Rejoint: déc. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 138
    I like the ideas here!

I think you would have to replace Backlund with a prospect in the Forsberg trade because I cant imagine they want an older guy. With 1 year left, his value shouldnt be more than a prospect and a first. Good move!

I dont understand how people think Tkachuk would go the other way for Eichel.... You could argue Tkachuk is more valuable and neither team will come to terms in that move. I will say, the value is more than fair imo, but I think Buffalo would want younger players because they need to rebuild again since Eichel is gone.

Id say great job here overall, really like the ideas!
    Cham a aimé ceci.
    19 juill. 2021 à 12 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: herzausstein
    Adding a 32 year old $5.35M 40-50 point center to our 8M dollar centers is a non-starter for a rebuilding team. So as far as useful assets to a rebuild it's a 2022 1st and a pair of 3rds. The 2022 1st would likely be later in the draft so NHL impact wouldn't be for years. Trading our only reliable scoring forward for hopes and dreams in 5 years isn't gonna work. We'd want someone like Pelletier (or comparable prospect).

Gotcha, I’ll admit with how cautious NHL GM’s are these are pretty much all pipe dreams, but your point makes a lot of sense from the Preds POV. I was thinking that if there was a way for Poile to move Johansson or Duchene (maybe through expansion) that maybe the move could make sense since Backlund is a great leader and the type of guy you need around young players in a rebuild, but you’re right that with the assets that I packaged the timelines wouldn’t match up. I was trying to find some comparable trades and saw that for instance the Stone trade cost a former 1st round draft choice (Brannstrom), a 2nd (roughly equivalent to two 2nds) and an AHL player, and although VGK was seen as winning that trade, also seeing the past two Hall trades, as well as the Arvidsson and Ellis trades (and the report that Ellis was untouchable being untrue now) I thought that a similar package could work. I kinda tried to make the best of what the flames would still have, after the other moves, but I do think Backlund’s leadership would be an asset that any rebuilding team needs so you don’t end up rebuilding forever like BUF, though salary may need to be retained by the Flames or a third team.
    19 juill. 2021 à 12 h 17
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: herzausstein

Can I propose that the Arizona trade gets the 2022 1st and Nashville trade gets Zary and then our GM’s all read this (as they clearly do) and make it happen?
    19 juill. 2021 à 12 h 24
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: soooonk
    I like the ideas here!

I think you would have to replace Backlund with a prospect in the Forsberg trade because I cant imagine they want an older guy. With 1 year left, his value shouldnt be more than a prospect and a first. Good move!

I dont understand how people think Tkachuk would go the other way for Eichel.... You could argue Tkachuk is more valuable and neither team will come to terms in that move. I will say, the value is more than fair imo, but I think Buffalo would want younger players because they need to rebuild again since Eichel is gone.

Id say great job here overall, really like the ideas!

Thanks!

Fully agree on the Eichel/Tkachuk point (though him being my favorite player definitely impacts that) but I don’t see it happening since Tkachuk is a unicorn, as for Backlund, he could either be moved for a pick and then add that return to the NSH trade, or my thought was — though maybe Josi and whatever other vets they’ll still have/could bring in would cover this — his leadership and all around game could rub off on the younger guys that will be brought into a rebuild which could significantly help them in the long run since if it’s a true tear-down you could end up in a Buffalo type eternal rebuild situation with no young players having any guidance

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage