Forums/Armchair-GM

Subban Price Reunite

Créé par: oilersfan19
Équipe: 2021-22 Kraken de Seattle
Date de création initiale: 18 juill. 2021
Publié: 18 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Oh boy, this will be a WILD team to make here. I'll go through every team and explain who I believe is best selection and why (also explanation for trade if needed)

Anaheim: Haydn Fleury
- Seems like one of the more safe bets in the entire expansion draft. Fleury is a former Top 10 pick, Francis draft pick to add, and couldn't quite crack Carolina's stacked D core, he did get minutes with Anaheim in the remainder of the season however. Not too much to elaborate on, Francis gets back his old kid here in Fleury.

Arizona: Christian Fischer
- Protecting Larsson over Fischer may turn out to be a stupid decision, but anyways, I believe SEA nabs up Fischer. To his standards Fischer has had a few subpar seasons recently with ARZ which might have lead to his unprotection. He's 24, has time to turn it around in Seattle.

Boston: Nick Ritchie
- Seems like another slam dunk pick for me, even though he's a pending RFA, SEA gets to negotiate their own deal for the 25 year old PWF. As Boston might not have wanted to pay him what he wanted with new contracts for Hall, Krejci, Reilly & Rask all looming, seems fair why'd they expose Ritchie.

Buffalo: Dustin Tokarski
- Honestly, not much of value here in BUF (to no surprise). But SEA will eventually need a 3rd goalie, you may have found one in Tokarski.

Calgary: Nikita Nesterov
TRADE:
SEA - Emil Heineman, FLA 2022 2nd Round Draft Pick & Expansion Draft Considerations (Not to pick Giordano)
CGY - Future Considerations
- Essentially here CGY flips the value they got from Sam Bennett in order to keep their captain Giordano on the squad. Whether or not I feel CGY should pay to keep a 37 year old Gio on the roster isn't the question here, we know and it's been reported CGY has been grinding away with SEA to find a deal to keep Gio, CGY shouldn't really offer much more than this. Nesterov as well is a throwaway pick, signed in KHL, his UFA rights will just expire.

Carolina: Jake Bean
- You could essentially copy and paste my explanation for Fleury over with Jake Bean. Yet another Ron Francis draft pick, couldn't quite crack CAR's defence, all the opportunity in the world to do so here.

Chicago: Adam Gaudette
- Another young pending RFA left unprotected. Chicago got him for relatively cheap from VAN and now he's unprotected. SEA should take a shot on the former Hobey Baker winner.

Colorado: Joonas Donskoi
TRADE:
SEA - COL 2021 3rd Round Draft Pick & Esnured Selection of Donskoi or Compher
COL - Future Considerations
- With pending contracts looming for Landeskog, Makar & Grubauer, COL does a minor deal here, giving SEA a 3rd round pick to ensure one of Donskoi or Compher selected. Both have a 3.9 and 3.5 million dollar cap hit respectively. Even though Compher is younger and 400k cheaper, Donskoi would provide a lot more to the table in SEA.

Columbus: Max Domi
- Another very slam dunk pick here. CBJ is bugging protecting injured all year Nyquist and Eric Robinson to name a few over Domi, Domi will surely rebound into something great for SEA.

Dallas: Joel Hanley
- If you were to call this a throw away pick, I wouldn't quite disagree with you. With the numerous pending RFAs being selected (and more to come) SEA needs to select at least 20 contract already in place for next season, and Hanley falls into that category. Not like there was a whole lot to choose from in DAL, just more pending RFA B/C level prospects as well as Ben Bishop (but we have goalies all taken care of). While SEA doesn't have an AHL team, Hanley can get loaned back to Texas Stars as he'll unlikely see any NHL playing time.

Detroit: Troy Stecher
- Rare Steve Yzerman L going out to NY and trading for Nick Leddy, this move in turn leaves Troy Stecher unprotected. After a great World Championships, SEA would love to have a player like Stecher fall into their laps, I doubt Yzerman will give up more futures to keep him protected either.

Edmonton: Tyler Benson
- Looks like Ken Holland does it again, leaving young pending RFA unprotected. Best case scenario for EDM is that SEA takes anybody but Benson (or maybe Marody), but unless Jujhar really catches the eye of SEA management, Benson should be the slam dunk pick here.

Florida: Chris Driedger
TRADE:
SEA - Anton Stralman (50% Retained), FLA 2021 2nd Round Draft Pick & Ensured Selection of Chris Driedger
FLA - Future Considerations
- Before Andrew Ladd ultimately got cap dumped to ARZ, FLA was also in contract with them about dumping Anton Stralman. With SEA's rumoured pick to be Driedger for quite a while now, FLA tacks on their 2nd round pick as well as Stralman at 50% retained (1 year remaining) to make sure SEA signs and selects Driedger. Stralman at 2.75 at 1 year remaining or even 50% retained of that could be an excellent asset for SEA to flip.

Los Angeles: Carl Grundstrom
- A stupid decision by LA to keep the horrible contract of Dustin Brown protected over young prospect (with a contract already signed for this year) in Carl Grundstrom. An asset from the Jake Muzzin trade of old, Grundstrom will work to make the Kraken opening night roster.

Minnesota: Victor Rask
TRADE:
SEA - PIT 2021 1st Round Draft Pick, Matvei Guskov & Ensured Selection of Victor Rask
MIN - Future Considerations
- After leaving young goalie Kaapo Kahkonen unprotected, MIN will have to steer SEA away from selecting him. MIN will overpay in this scenario, getting Rask's 4 mil cap hit off the books whilst in the process of trying to resign Kaprizov ontop of Parise & Suter's dead cap hit's coming into affect. Guskov is a minor prospect who will likely stay in Russia until SEA gains an AHL team, while the 1st is fair value for not selecting Kahkonen & taking on Rask's contract.

(I'm going to lump both Montreal & Nashville into one section, as it'll feature another massive 3 way trade)

Montreal / Nashville: Shea Weber & Ryan Johansen
TRADE:
SEA - Carey Price (1.5 Million Retained), Cody Glass, LAK 2021 2nd, 2022 3rd, STL 2021 4th Round Draft Picks, Ensured Selections of Shea Weber & Ryan Johansen
MTL - Mathieu Olivier & NSH 2021 1st Round Draft Pick
NSH - Shea Weber
- Massive trade here, I'll explain all sides. Nashville essentially pays big to re-acquire the LTIR contract of Shea Weber to avoid cap recapture penalties as well as lose the contract of Ryan Johansen. IT will cost them Glass, Olivier, a 1st, 2nd & 3rd. As NSH seems to overhaul and rebuild here, they'll be able to recapture a lot of those picks. As for MTL, NSH pays them their 1st for taking back the Weber deal to avoid recapture penalties as well as getting French depth forward in Olivier. As for Seattle, they get Carey Price slightly retained to kick start their franchise, they get a former 1C in Johansen and with a new system can hope to turn it around. As well, the recently acquired Cody Glass alongside 3 depth draft picks. I saw the suggested Weber back to NSH through expansion which really kickstarted this idea. I also knew NSH was working with SEA for them to take one of Johansen or Duchene.

New Jersey: Andreas Johnsson
TRADE:
SEA - NYI 2021 1st Round Draft Pick, PK Subban 50% Retained & Ensured Selection of Andreas Johnsson
NJD - Future Considerations
- Another pretty huge trade here which ultimately reunites Subban with Price (as well as NSH teammate Johansen). In addition to Johnsson & Subban, the Devils have valuable assets lying around unprotected (Bastian, Butcher). This trade steers SEA clear from selecting either and gives them a 1st for value wise, this does seem like a lot of cap SEA is taking on, but plenty of these players can and will be flipped.

New York I: Ken Appleby
TRADE:
SEA - Bode Wilde, Jordan Eberle, Leo Komarov, Thomas Hickey, COL 2022 2nd Round Draft Pick & Ensured Selection of Ken Appleby
NYI - Vladimir Tarasenko
- So this ends up spoiling the selection of St Louis, but anywho. In this case, SEA takes 2 cap dumps in Komarov & Hickey, Bode Wilde, a 2022 2nd Round Draft Pick just to downgrade from Tarasenko to Eberle. SEA will end up burying Hickey in the AHL, and buying out the contract of Komarov. As well as Ken Appleby, who, I mean will be loaned out in the AHL?

New York R: Julien Gauthier
- No more wild trades until we get to TBL & TOR (hint hint) but anywho, NYR ended up protecting Kevin Rooney over young prospect Julien Gauthier, another former Ron Francis draft pick, he's a slam dunk selection.

Ottawa: Vitaly Abramov
- Even though Abramov is signed in the KHL and isn't eligible to return until the 2023/24 season, he's honestly one of the better picks from OTT. SEA can simply tender his RFA deal, retain his rights, attempt to sign him that offseason, if he chooses not to oh well, not like you missed out on anything else huge.

Philadelphia: Shayne Gostibehere
- This has Dave Hakstol's name written all over this draft pick. Throwback to the 2017/18 season when Gostibehere broke out with a 65 point season, the coach for Philly at the time was Hakstol. The very next season was a down year for Ghost, because Hakstol left. Hakstol will bank on his guy in Gostibhere, requiring PHI not to incentivise to select him.

Pittsburgh: Casey DeSmith
- DeSmith will be Seattle 3rd NHL Callibre goalie selection, with the goalie market hot as ever, he'll be flipped.

San Jose: Dylan Gambrell
- Coming out of NCAA Gambrell has struggled to really produce at an NHL level, he's from the Seattle area, he'll have all the opportunity to turn it around,

St Louis: Vladimir Tarasenko
- Blues leaving Tarasenko unprotected just for Seattle to go flip him might be one of the stupidest moves this offseason but I'm here for the chaos. Another attractive option from STL is Vince Dunn, he's much younger and also doesn't have an injury history. I feel the value SEA can get flipping Tarasenko will mismatch what Dunn can bring to the Blues. As well to note, it's been reported NYI is one of the teams Tarasenko would waive NTC to.

Tampa Bay: Tyler Johnson
TRADE:
SEA - TBL 2022 1st Round Draft Pick, Amir Mifhatkov & Ensured Selection of Tyler Johnson
TBL - Casey DeSmith
- Like I said with DeSmith getting flipped, here it is. SEA gets a young Russian goalie prospect in Miftahkov who will likely spend the next season or two refining his game in the KHL. As well, TBL tacks on a future 1st round draft pick to offload the contract of Tyler Johnson. Many thought Johnson would be the one to go last offseason, but they elected to sit Kucherov instead. I highly doubt Tampa goes that route again.

Toronto: Alex Kerfoot
TRADE:
SEA - Nick Abruzzese & Ensured Selection of Alex Kerfoot
TOR - Future Considerations
- With it being revealed Toronto is going 8-1 for expansion list electing to protect Holl over recently acquired McCann & Kerfoot, I'm convinced TOR and SEA have a deal in place. I could be completely off in value wise, but giving SEA a top NCAA prospect to steer them to select Kerfoot instead of McCann essentially is a good price for SEA, you're not losing bringing Kerfoot in on your team.

Vancouver: Kole Lind
- Jimbo does it again, trading away a 3rd round draft pick to acquire Jason Dickinson only to leave 2017 2nd Round Pick Kole Lind unprotected. Considering SEA's cap situation and overload of draft picks, I don't think VAN would be able to strike a deal to keep Lind around.

Washington: Zdeno Chara
- Out of left field pick here, but SEA instantly gets their captain with Chara. At the ripe age of 44 years old, Chara can sign at league minimum, play almost 7th D minutes at this point, and mentor a very new team. I don't see WSH wanting to bring him back, and Francis being a defence first general manager, could really help make this team competitive out of the gate with this free agent signing.

Winnipeg: Dylan DeMelo
- The last pick of the draft goes to Winnipeg where they select DeMelo. I see Gambrell & Appleton as similar players which makes me think they'll look at DeMelo instead (also they barely reach the 9/9 defence requirements with the final 2 picks). DeMelo is a very underrated piece and WPG will regret losing him.

Before UFA and RFA signings, SEA has just over 8 million in cap space, and I feel they'll go to get more.

First off, in the case DAL doesn't bring back Vatanen and/or Oleksiak, they could look for some depth defensive help. They end up paying a 4th for the services of Anton Stralman, who is 50% retained once again, making 1.375, a valuable asset.

Last trade here is flipping Johnsson to the St Louis Blues. This would be in the situation where they don't bring back Schwartz ontop of losing Tarasenko, although they may go out and possibly get Landeskog, they might need another middle 6 scoring winger in Johnsson. As Seattle is shedding cap in this situation, they move down from a 2nd to a 5th in order to get Johnsson's deal off the books

As for contracts, Driedger gets a fair 3.5 x 3 deal to be the backup to Carey Price. Chara takes league minimum. As for RFA's, Ritchie gets a big pay day, Bean & Gaudette get standards 1x1 prove me deals, while AHLers like Benson & Lind get a multi year deals.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
53 800 000 $
11 000 000 $
11 000 000 $
2850 000 $
2850 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 500 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
SEA
  1. Ritchie, Nick [Droits de RFA]
BOS
SEA
  1. Heineman, Emil [Liste de réserve]
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (FLA)
Détails additionnels:
UFA Rights to Nikita Nesterov
CGY
SEA
  1. Bean, Jake [Droits de RFA]
CAR
SEA
  1. Gaudette, Adam [Droits de RFA]
CHI
SEA
  1. Donskoi, Joonas
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (COL)
COL
CBJ
SEA
  1. Benson, Tyler [Droits de RFA]
EDM
SEA
  1. Strålman, Anton (2 750 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (FLA)
Détails additionnels:
UFA Rights to Chris Driedger
FLA
SEA
  1. Guskov, Matvei [Liste de réserve]
  2. Rask, Victor
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
MIN
SEA
  1. Price, Carey (1 500 000 $ retained)
  2. Weber, Shea
MTL
SEA
  1. Glass, Cody
  2. Johansen, Ryan
  3. Olivier, Mathieu [Droits de RFA]
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NSH)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (LAK)
  6. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (LAK)
SEA
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (STL)
MTL
  1. Olivier, Mathieu
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NSH)
SEA
  1. Johnsson, Andreas
  2. Subban, P.K. (4 500 000 $ retained)
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
NJD
NYI
    Vladimir Tarasenko
    SEA
    1. Abramov, Vitaly [Droits de RFA]
    OTT
    SEA
    1. Johnson, Tyler
    2. Miftakhov, Amir
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TBL)
    SEA
    TOR
    SEA
    1. Lind, Kole [Droits de RFA]
    VAN
    SEA
      UFA Rights to Zdeno Chara
      WSH
      SEA
      1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (DAL)
      DAL
      1. Strålman, Anton (1 375 000 $ retained)
      SEA
      1. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (STL)
      STL
      1. Johnsson, Andreas
      2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (SEA)
      Rachats de contrats
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Enfoui
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de PIT
      Logo de NYI
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de LAK
      Logo de EDM
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de COL
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de STL
      Logo de DAL
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de STL
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de TBL
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de FLA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de LAK
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      Logo de SEA
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2381 500 000 $68 155 000 $0 $850 000 $13 345 000 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
      1 325 000 $1 325 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Predators de Nashville
      4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 4
      Logo de Islanders de New York
      5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
      AD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      3 800 000 $3 800 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AD, C, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
      3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
      3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
      AG, C, AD
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Predators de Nashville
      863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      C, AD
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
      725 000 $725 000 $
      AG, AD
      RFA - 1
      Logo de Wild du Minnesota
      2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
      C
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Rangers de New York
      775 000 $775 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 2
      Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
      1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      DG/DD
      RFA - 3
      Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
      3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
      DD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
      9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
      1 300 000 $1 300 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 1
      Logo de Devils du New Jersey
      4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
      G
      UFA - 3
      Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
      Logo de Sharks de San Jose
      1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
      C
      UFA - 1
      1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
      C, AD
      UFA - 1
      750 000 $750 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 20
      Speak of the Devil
      Rejoint: nov. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
      Devils won't pay that much to dump Subban and Johnsson

We'll let Seattle choose whoever they want
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 21
      GO FLAMES GO
      Rejoint: sept. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 10,598
      I think Flames will let Seattle take whoever they want
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 21
      Rejoint: mai 2019
      Mentions "j'aime": 18,305
      Appreciate the effort that was put into to this, but there is no way Devils will pay Subban, $4.5 million and a 1st round pick to protect Butcher or Bastian.

Seattle just takes one and we move on.
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 24
      Rejoint: mai 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 1,957
      Fitz gives up nothing to Sea! There is no way its worth it. Take AJ, Butcher, Merk, PK.
      Bastian would be the only one that hurts, and I wouldn't give up a first for it. And we're retaining, cmon dude! We are under the cap WITH PK's dumb contract. Honestly if he is not taken, his bonus kicks in and then he's at 3+M in Aug. real money. Retain 1/2 at the TDL and Fitz probably gets a 2nd if he plays like he did last year
      Should rethink that pick, almost no Devs fan would agree
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 25
      Rejoint: févr. 2020
      Mentions "j'aime": 3
      Isles take that and run
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 26
      Rejoint: août 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 258
      So much wrong with this. Tarasenko won’t get that much in a trade, New Jersey would rather let them take whoever they want, price at 5x9 is still brutal, ghostisbehere lol, 3.8 mil for ritchie is a scam, Victor Rask sucks,
      18 juill. 2021 à 14 h 30
      Rejoint: nov. 2018
      Mentions "j'aime": 6,385
      To put it bluntly WTH does Montreal give up 2 of their top peices for a 1st in a weak unpredictable draft? IF Weber retires we have 500k cap recapture for 1 year. IF he goes on LTIR we can spend an additonal 7.8 Mil cap space to sign a top FA or two. To top all of that off we are supposed to eat 1.5 Mil off of Prices contract and send him as part of a package to Seattle for them to select Weber instead of losing Allen or a depth player? This is all illogical sorry this does not happen.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage