SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Why are so many posts being deleted

Have you had a post deleted that you feel should not have been?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

18 juill. 2021 à 8 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,154
In the past few days, we have seen many posts deleted and many users complaining about legitimate ACGMs getting deleted.

Many appear to be newsy types of posts (ie, this guy re-signed, that guy unprotected, etc). Many of these are useful and informative and it is hard to see what they were deleted.

Would any of the moderators help us understand what the recent changes may have been that lead to so many ACGMs getting deleted?

Also, we should able to see who deleted the post and why.
Stones6160 a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 10 h 35
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
I've been away for a bit, I'll bring it up with the other moderators and make sure we're all on the same page. I too noticed a lot of AGMs, specifically the Arizona ones, disappearing without cause.

My personal rule of thumb comes down to those "soft rules" that everyone agrees to before submitting an AGM: if you haven't met those or haven't set a roster, odds are I'll ask you to adjust your post before deleting it (unless it's clearly a troll post).

I don't necessarily agree with that last point to its fullest extent: I'd like a record of such things available to the moderators but I dont know of it serves any actual use being public information. I'm still a much bigger proponent of having a PM system such that when we delete a team or a post we can have a direct dialog about why and how to improve.
NHLfan10506, A_Habs_fan et Tntpod a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
Modifié 18 juill. 2021 à 22 h 29
Quoting: NHLfan10506
In the past few days, we have seen many posts deleted and many users complaining about legitimate ACGMs getting deleted.

Many appear to be newsy types of posts (ie, this guy re-signed, that guy unprotected, etc). Many of these are useful and informative and it is hard to see what they were deleted.

Would any of the moderators help us understand what the recent changes may have been that lead to so many ACGMs getting deleted?

Also, we should able to see who deleted the post and why.

Its very simple. its not following the rules and frankly the rules are so easy to follow that not following them is showing exactly why these posts need to be removed.

CF asks you right before you submit:

Does your team meet these requirements?
-Name and description relate to this Armchair-GM roster below
-This team is not being published for unrelated general discussion that is more suitable in a different forum section <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
-Abides by the forum rules - https://www.capfriendly.com/forum-rules

The AGM section is not a "Twitter" feed where you can just post the first thought that comes into your head. Want to post Twitter hockey news? Go to Twitter! But if you still feel inclined to post to CF, then post it to the proper forum section at the very least! That is not asking for much.

There needs to be a minimum requirement of effort in order for the AGM section to not just end up being a cesspool of random hockey posts everytime a little hockey news comes out. There needs to be some order to all this. Considering how easy it is to follow the rules there should be no slack given. All you have to do is actually create a FULL team and then your not breaking the rules anymore but posting an AGM simply to say "MONTREAL IS NOT PROTECTING PRICE" with no effort given to making the team, is not going to fly.

There is a section in the forums for any hockey related post you can think of. Post those news related posts there. Where they belong and anyone complaining of the visibility of those posts only has themselves to blame by not going there more often. Want the forum section to be more "popular"? Start making them more prominent by going there to post news related threads and engaging in conversations there. The reason those forums aren't used more is because people don't feel the need to use them because they can just post whatever they want to the AGM section, but posting any and everything to the AGM section is not the solution.

Now with that all said, the moderators do not make up the rules. They simply enforce them. If you want things changed there is nothing stopping you from posting in the "suggestion megathread" section of the forums or by emailing the guys at contact@capfriendly.com and asking them to make a change. If they change the rules, the mods will change what they delete.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage