(NYI/DET) - Leddy for Pánik & 2021 2nd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 27
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,810
The easiest way for Detroit to turn this into a win is to trade him at the deadline for a better return. We all know how GM’s get at the deadline so it’s not unrealistic. Putting NYI win for now, but depending on next years deadline this could absolutely be a W for Detroit.
Kotkaniemi15 et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 0 h 43
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,754
Why are Wings retaining, should have been Islanders.
Jeez

Yzerman definitely lost this trade regardless of trade deadline return for Leddy.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 0 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Well I’d say the Islanders did very well in this deal, considering it was a bit of a Panik move with so little time until the expansion lists need to be submitted.
Isles777 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 389
Any chance Leddy is traded immediately after the expansion draft? Essentially another team buying a protected slot from Detroit? If Stevie flips Leddy for a 1st next week, he’s playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Or maybe there’s a handshake agreement with Lou to send Leddy back to NYI at the deadline in exchange for a 2022 2nd?

Or maybe since Leddy would’ve led DET defenseman in scoring last season, he fills a need on LD while providing PP usefulness and a solid veteran pairing for Seider, before recouping that 2nd at next deadline.

Also, the 2nd that followed Panik from Washington for DET to take him basically follows him to NYI.

Or you could look at it as NYR paid DET a 2nd for a useful year of Marc Staal which they then flipped for a useful year of Nick Leddy.

NYI gets cap space and expansion draft relief while Detroit gets a player more useful to them than a bottom six/replacement level forward and a player it likely feels can be traded at next deadline to recoup the draft assets.

It’s a WIN/WIN for both teams.

Quit pretending Yzerman got fleeced.
rednwhite a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 3 h 7
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,314
Yeeeeah, I don't get this trade for Detroit. Perhaps the owners told Stevie Wonder it's time to stop rebuilding and time to start moving up the standings.
17 juill. 2021 à 3 h 52
aeroastro.MN
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 419
I just realised that NYI have to expose either Pulock or Mayfield to meet the exposure requirements. What a silly decision tbh.
17 juill. 2021 à 5 h 54
Pete
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 162
This is an easy win for Islanders. Was Stevey drinking vodka with Kenny (Holland) or what? Look at Leddy's salary and retained money on Panik. Just awful. Argument Detroit can trade Leddy at next deadline is not satisfactory as well. Maximum they can get is the 2nd rounder back as a) Leddy is definitely not worth a 1st rounder, b) his play will regress in Detroit. Don't forget this is not stay-at-home defenseman and unless not paired with a player like Mayfield (which Detroit don't have) he'll produce lot of - points.
17 juill. 2021 à 6 h 12
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Quoting: Aero_Astro_Guy
I just realised that NYI have to expose either Pulock or Mayfield to meet the exposure requirements. What a silly decision tbh.

They’ll sign Coburn or Greene to a minimum deal for draft purposes. No way Lou makes this deal without a hand shake agreement already in place.
17 juill. 2021 à 6 h 20
Felicenapoli93
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 79
Solid deal for both: Detroit gets a guy to get near the Cap Floor and flip back at the deadline, NYI gets cap flexibility+pick+a guy that will probably get a buyout and bring in more cap space
17 juill. 2021 à 6 h 36
aeroastro.MN
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 419
Quoting: Trotz2020
They’ll sign Coburn or Greene to a minimum deal for draft purposes. No way Lou makes this deal without a hand shake agreement already in place.

hope so. nothing is reported at this point though
17 juill. 2021 à 7 h 58
Quoting: Aero_Astro_Guy
hope so. nothing is reported at this point though

Knowing Lou, we don’t find out about it until after tge lists are released tomorrow lol.
Aero_Astro_Guy a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 9 h 59
Quoting: SweetRevenge19
Any chance Leddy is traded immediately after the expansion draft? Essentially another team buying a protected slot from Detroit? If Stevie flips Leddy for a 1st next week, he’s playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Or maybe there’s a handshake agreement with Lou to send Leddy back to NYI at the deadline in exchange for a 2022 2nd?

Or maybe since Leddy would’ve led DET defenseman in scoring last season, he fills a need on LD while providing PP usefulness and a solid veteran pairing for Seider, before recouping that 2nd at next deadline.

Also, the 2nd that followed Panik from Washington for DET to take him basically follows him to NYI.

Or you could look at it as NYR paid DET a 2nd for a useful year of Marc Staal which they then flipped for a useful year of Nick Leddy.

NYI gets cap space and expansion draft relief while Detroit gets a player more useful to them than a bottom six/replacement level forward and a player it likely feels can be traded at next deadline to recoup the draft assets.

There is a rule preventing Leddy from being traded back to the Islanders. Leddy is better than a lot of people give him credit for. It’s just a weird move for DET but his value could actually rise once expansion ends.
17 juill. 2021 à 10 h 42
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
Quoting: Trotz2020
There is a rule preventing Leddy from being traded back to the Islanders. Leddy is better than a lot of people give him credit for. It’s just a weird move for DET but his value could actually rise once expansion ends.

Really? I thought it was only Seattle who couldn't trade players back to their original team.
17 juill. 2021 à 10 h 44
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Really? I thought it was only Seattle who couldn't trade players back to their original team.

I could be wrong but that’s what I read from someone posting on the internet, so it must be a fact…
17 juill. 2021 à 10 h 48
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,061
Wouldn't surprise me if this move was to help NYI sign Suter. He's familiar with Trotz and they could use a LD. Parise was willing to go to the Islanders too.
17 juill. 2021 à 10 h 50
14m in dead cap
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,061
Quoting: SweetRevenge19

None of us know what Yzerman's plan is so until we see what he's doing, it's pretty stupid to claim one side is a winner at this point. So many of these posts on trades age so poorly.
17 juill. 2021 à 11 h 7
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,188
Quoting: Random2152
So that should put to rest the notion that Yzerman is an unbeatable GM.
That's a meaty L he just took.

Exactly! I'm not sure why people think he's by far the best GM. I'd say it's Sakic.
17 juill. 2021 à 11 h 11
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Two words:

Rip. Off
17 juill. 2021 à 11 h 43
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Saskleaf
Exactly! I'm not sure why people think he's by far the best GM. I'd say it's Sakic.

Sakic just traded Graves for the same value though?
17 juill. 2021 à 11 h 46
Go leafs go
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Sakic just traded Graves for the same value though?

Which is fair value for Graves in my opinion. This is too much for Leddy.

Only way Detriot wins is if they flip Leddy 50% retained for more. Which of course is very possible but this deal right now sure looks like a NYI win.
17 juill. 2021 à 14 h 25
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,271
Quoting: Saskleaf
Which is fair value for Graves in my opinion. This is too much for Leddy.

Only way Detriot wins is if they flip Leddy 50% retained for more. Which of course is very possible but this deal right now sure looks like a NYI win.

To little for Graves, I don't think the two best GMs did well this week
17 juill. 2021 à 23 h 8
Go leafs go
To little for Graves, I don't think the two best GMs did well this week

Meh I think it's fair for Graves. He was probably going to Seattle anyways.
7 août 2021 à 0 h 42
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 521
The fact the Isles used their pick to draft Räty could make this trade even more interesting in a few years.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
7 août 2021 à 18 h 24
Go leafs go
Quoting: JayTea
Wouldn't surprise me if this move was to help NYI sign Suter. He's familiar with Trotz and they could use a LD. Parise was willing to go to the Islanders too.

Haha this is pretty funny in hindsight.

Or maybe you were referring to Ryan Suter.
26 avr. 2022 à 10 h 42
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
He'll flip Leddy for a 1st + or something at the TD

nope
Saskleaf et KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: