EF more on Toronto and Bertuzzi

Créé par: bald_and_bankrupt
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 juill. 2021
Publié: 9 juill. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Elliotte Friedman on 630CHED:

TOR wanted Bertuzzi at the deadline but he was injured. Doesn't sound good for Hyman and TOR now. DET and EDM possibilities for Hyman
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
54 300 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
44 000 000 $
22 200 000 $
22 200 000 $
12 000 000 $
21 000 000 $
1750 000 $
34 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler [Droits de RFA]
DET
  1. Amirov, Rodion
  2. Dermott, Travis
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $81 396 450 $0 $0 $103 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
4 300 000 $4 300 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 2
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
G
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 44
StevieY19!!
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 689
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
Lol

Lol did you see the votes???? But Yep you're right sorry for being so wrong you know all...
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 45
Roster Architect
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 909
Lol

"Solid rebuttal" - notice how I spelt it right too?

There is where you should bow you. Take care kid.
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 46
StevieY19!!
Look at the votes and bow to all of them...
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 49
Roster Architect
Look at the votes and bow to all of them...

What votes are you talking about?
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 50
StevieY19!!
Really must feel great about yourself coming back to this thread and chirp Red Wings fans over a bad trade. God I hope Benning goes and does some stupid ass trade like he always do s so I can get you at a low moment. Have fun with your cap problems.
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 50
StevieY19!!
Quoting: TrueCanuck
What votes are you talking about?

The trade votes wow. You know the trade you are trying to rub in my face???
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 52
Roster Architect
Really must feel great about yourself coming back to this thread and chirp Red Wings fans over a bad trade. God I hope Benning goes and does some stupid ass trade like he always do s so I can get you at a low moment. Have fun with your cap problems.

Nah it just feels good coming back to the arrogant ones like you who was so convinced that you were right, but couldn't even admit when you were wrong.

Please come at me when Benning makes a bad trade or free agent signing. I'll be waiting. Cause I'm not even a Canucks fan. Never said I was. Shows how much think you know, again...

LOL
16 juill. 2021 à 23 h 55
Roster Architect
The trade votes wow. You know the trade you are trying to rub in my face???

LMAO trade votes? What on capfriendly?

Cause random trade votes on a fan based forum determine how good a trade is? 😂

You crack me up more and more with every comment. Keep going, please.
17 juill. 2021 à 0 h 1
StevieY19!!
Wow I'm Canadian and for what I'm assuming is a Canadian just by your name I'm severely disappointed in what you have done here. I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense as does a lot of people agreeing with me, but one guy must know all. In a flat cap era, with Islanders cap strapped as they are Yzerman should've capitalized. I love Yzerman and the Red Wings but I can unbiasedly say he did not do well on this trade just like many others did. I'm done with you since you think you are all knowing. I'm guessing you are a Toronto fan so this all just makes sense now. Big waste of time. Have a good night!
17 juill. 2021 à 0 h 10
Roster Architect
Wow I'm Canadian and for what I'm assuming is a Canadian just by your name I'm severely disappointed in what you have done here. I'm just trying to say it doesn't make sense as does a lot of people agreeing with me, but one guy must know all. In a flat cap era, with Islanders cap strapped as they are Yzerman should've capitalized. I love Yzerman and the Red Wings but I can unbiasedly say he did not do well on this trade just like many others did. I'm done with you since you think you are all knowing. I'm guessing you are a Toronto fan so this all just makes sense now. Big waste of time. Have a good night!

I don't think think I know all. You're the one who came at me with "rebuilding 101" so it seemed like you were the one who knew what was right. But when I suggested something, you threw it to the curb immediately because you didn't like the idea - well turns out you were wrong and you still just can't admit it because stop don't like it.

I'm not a fan of 1 team, and it's extremely unfair of you to group all fans of 1 team in a certain way, that shows how bias you can be and how extremely immature you are.

I was done awhile ago, just couldn't resist the humour in your comments. So take care, try admitting being wrong once and a while and see how much more you'll learn. Cheers kid.
17 juill. 2021 à 9 h 0
Ehhhh
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 388
Last one, I apologize. But this was just too funny not to post:

Leddy:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6dRIQlXIAIVvQp?format=jpg&name=large

Rielly:
https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressiveConfusedteep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6eabace9-a838-409d-847e-e7200fb2f97f_1434x958.png

But have fun with an aging, declining offensive defenceman who's far worse offensively and defensively than Rielly! 😂

they gave up a late 2nd and an over priced (alpiet retained) depth forward. they didn't give up a 26 year old 20 goal scorer with grit and heart. apples and oranges my guy
17 juill. 2021 à 9 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
Modifié 17 juill. 2021 à 9 h 41

Leddy:

Rielly:
https://cdn.substack.com/image/fetch/w_1456,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressiveConfusedteep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6eabace9-a838-409d-847e-e7200fb2f97f_1434x958.png

But have fun with an aging, declining offensive defenceman who's far worse offensively and defensively than Rielly! 😂

Would we’ve gotten Rielly for a late second round pick? It’s almost like those WAR charts are pointless just looking at Yandles. Leddy may not be 24 anymore but he’ll get top 4 minutes and I’d wager be flipped at the TDL for a second rounder or potentially more. Not sure how you can honestly say the outcome of this trade.
17 juill. 2021 à 9 h 59
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 226
Just saw your comment now, and I'll refer you to my comment #21 on this thread.

But have fun with Nick Leddy!

Cheers!

Leddy:

Rielly:

Reviving a thread in an attempt to gloat about something says more about your maturity level than someone's hockey takes, but that's a different conversation for a different day.
The Leddy trade is a surprise. I figured that a trade for someone like Leddy wouldn't involve payment from Detroit, but it appears that Yzerman values his leadership and wants a mentor for the defense, notably Seider and Hronek. If they develop better as defensemen, and Leddy is traded at the deadline for at least a 3rd round pick, I'd say this trade is a win for both teams.

Now, if you want to boil it down to one year left = "rental" and D that can contribute offensively = "offensive-minded D," and ignore any additional context, then you might have a point. But Leddy is capable of playing solid D in a the right role and can contribute offensively. Rielly is still offense-only and a defensive pylon. Leddy has a Stanley Cup and multiple Conference Finals appearances. Rielly has five 1st round exits.
Leddy is likely being brought in to help mentor Detroit's younger defensemen. If Rielly makes so much sense for Detroit, then why didn't Yzerman target him over Leddy?
A note with advanced analytics. They're still pretty team-reliant. They don't account for a lot of context. Don't rely on them alone to make your points. If the analytics don't inform the eye test (and vice versa), it should be an indicator that something's wrong. Case in point: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brendan-smith
Brendan Smith's analytics with the Red Wings are pretty decent, no? In actuality, he routinely made mistakes that gave up goals on an almost nightly basis. Analytics don't tell you that, but if you watched the guy, you'd see his decision making was questionable at best, terrible at worst. So claiming that Rielly is a better defenseman than Leddy based on analytics only (while ignoring the context of the god-awful Northern division and how much tougher the Eastern division was) is either intellectually dishonest or just flat-out ignorant.
17 juill. 2021 à 12 h 1
Roster Architect
Quoting: HypotheticalImpossibility
Reviving a thread in an attempt to gloat about something says more about your maturity level than someone's hockey takes, but that's a different conversation for a different day.
The Leddy trade is a surprise. I figured that a trade for someone like Leddy wouldn't involve payment from Detroit, but it appears that Yzerman values his leadership and wants a mentor for the defense, notably Seider and Hronek. If they develop better as defensemen, and Leddy is traded at the deadline for at least a 3rd round pick, I'd say this trade is a win for both teams.

Now, if you want to boil it down to one year left = "rental" and D that can contribute offensively = "offensive-minded D," and ignore any additional context, then you might have a point. But Leddy is capable of playing solid D in a the right role and can contribute offensively. Rielly is still offense-only and a defensive pylon. Leddy has a Stanley Cup and multiple Conference Finals appearances. Rielly has five 1st round exits.
Leddy is likely being brought in to help mentor Detroit's younger defensemen. If Rielly makes so much sense for Detroit, then why didn't Yzerman target him over Leddy?
A note with advanced analytics. They're still pretty team-reliant. They don't account for a lot of context. Don't rely on them alone to make your points. If the analytics don't inform the eye test (and vice versa), it should be an indicator that something's wrong. Case in point: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/brendan-smith
Brendan Smith's analytics with the Red Wings are pretty decent, no? In actuality, he routinely made mistakes that gave up goals on an almost nightly basis. Analytics don't tell you that, but if you watched the guy, you'd see his decision making was questionable at best, terrible at worst. So claiming that Rielly is a better defenseman than Leddy based on analytics only (while ignoring the context of the god-awful Northern division and how much tougher the Eastern division was) is either intellectually dishonest or just flat-out ignorant.

This whole statement is so contradicting it's hilarious!

I find it quite hilarious how you still sit there and say that Leddy is "capable of playing solid d in the right role" yet all the stats say he isn't and if you watch him he isn't. When Rielly's show that there's some defensive side to his game, not the best but still better than Leddy's, yet you continue to be bias. If you believe that analytics are still heavily team reliant, shouldn't Leddy have extremely better defensive numbers than Rielly since he played on a far superior defensive team? Your logic seems to make no sense there. Then you try to pull the whole fists round exit stuff as a narrative? Come on now kid. You just said analytics are team based, yet you don't think getting past the first round isn't a team thing? Seriously? Rielly was Toronto's best player this year. It's not his fault and his fault only that the rest of the team didn't show up. On the contrary, it's not Leddy's fault that Nee York made it to the 3rd round and it's definitely not just his fault that his team won a cup - wouldn't he have been the Conn Smythe winner if he was? Wow. Then we get to you trying to blame a "god awful Northern division" for whatever - which is the biggest overblown thing that came out of this year and you call me ignorant? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. How does a division with the best player in the world, the best pure goal scorer in the world, at least 4 of the top 15 players (at worst), a top 5 goalie in the league, the most travel in the league between timezones, oh and that division was in the Cup Final? So how is that weak? It was actually the closest division in terms of competition. But people like you and the media jump on it being an "easy division" because it's the easy narrative that gets all the attention because Canadian markets run the league.

But hey, if you really wanna think Leddy is better than Rielly, especially defensively, be my guest. We've all been wrong before, you'll just be wrong again 😂
17 juill. 2021 à 17 h 0
Roster Architect

Looks like Benning just made a move.. don't hear you ripping it apart.. maybe because it was a good move! Shocker you were wrong again! 😂
17 juill. 2021 à 18 h 49
This whole statement is so contradicting it's hilarious!

I find it quite hilarious how you still sit there and say that Leddy is "capable of playing solid d in the right role" yet all the stats say he isn't and if you watch him he isn't. When Rielly's show that there's some defensive side to his game, not the best but still better than Leddy's, yet you continue to be bias. If you believe that analytics are still heavily team reliant, shouldn't Leddy have extremely better defensive numbers than Rielly since he played on a far superior defensive team? Your logic seems to make no sense there. Then you try to pull the whole fists round exit stuff as a narrative? Come on now kid. You just said analytics are team based, yet you don't think getting past the first round isn't a team thing? Seriously? Rielly was Toronto's best player this year. It's not his fault and his fault only that the rest of the team didn't show up. On the contrary, it's not Leddy's fault that Nee York made it to the 3rd round and it's definitely not just his fault that his team won a cup - wouldn't he have been the Conn Smythe winner if he was? Wow. Then we get to you trying to blame a "god awful Northern division" for whatever - which is the biggest overblown thing that came out of this year and you call me ignorant? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. How does a division with the best player in the world, the best pure goal scorer in the world, at least 4 of the top 15 players (at worst), a top 5 goalie in the league, the most travel in the league between timezones, oh and that division was in the Cup Final? So how is that weak? It was actually the closest division in terms of competition. But people like you and the media jump on it being an "easy division" because it's the easy narrative that gets all the attention because Canadian markets run the league.

But hey, if you really wanna think Leddy is better than Rielly, especially defensively, be my guest. We've all been wrong before, you'll just be wrong again 😂

You do realize that when you play bad teams, stats get padded, right? Look at the North this year. Montreal and Toronto made improvements, Ottawa's moves didn't really work out all that well, Winnipeg and Edmonton stayed mostly where they were, Vancouver got much worse, and Calgary did too much and threw off their team dynamic. If you take 2 teams from the top half of the league (not even top 10, mind you), add two from the middle that got worse, and add a couple more bottom feeders, that doesn't make a good division. When a team is remarkably better than their competition, stats get padded. Rielly's stats were padded because the North wasn't very good. Simple as that. Also, you claim that the North has 7 great players. There's 140 players on the active rosters. Think back to your gym class. Take 1/8th of the best players in any sport and fill out the rest of the team with middling at best players. That team probably doesn't win much, now does it?

Leddy has experience and success in the playoffs. He's not the sole driving reason that the Isles made it that far, and I never claimed he was. Nice strawman there. Quite frankly, it's better to have young guys learn from somebody who has actually been in the Finals more so than someone that has only fallen out in the 1st round every time. That's less of a measure of the player and more of a measure of experience, so whatever narrative you're trying to make there doesn't click.

As far as Montreal being in the Final, it was a nice story. What was their major test that they passed in the playoffs? Beating Vegas is a fair test, sure. A Canadian team was guaranteed the Conference Finals one way or another, and they had to get through Toronto (lol big accomplishment there) and Winnipeg (minus Mark Scheifele). Again, literally the only good team they faced was Vegas. If you want to compare, the Isles took the Lightning to 7 games. Montreal lost in 5. But don't worry, the North produced all the bestest teams ever and everybody's just a hater, right?
17 juill. 2021 à 18 h 58

Leddy:

Rielly:

You still haven't answered the big question here. If Rielly makes so much sense to Detroit, then did Yzerman target Leddy over him? Why is Rielly still a Leaf?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage