SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Lightning offseason discussion

9 juill. 2021 à 14 h 16
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
I figured we could use a thread for everything that happens with the team in what is sure to be an eventful offseason. To get us started:

9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 381
Drunk Kuch is the best thing we could wish for
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2021 à 2 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Just sharing one of Elliotte Friedman's most recent 31 thoughts:
Quoting: ElliotteFriedman
21.I’m very, very curious to see what Tampa Bay is going to do here. If we’ve learned one thing about the Lightning, it’s that they will do everything possible in the pursuit of victory. Even with difficult decisions to make, count-out a three-peat at your peril. A couple of agents and executives feel they will have an easier time moving Tyler Johnson if that’s still the goal, because he played well and also because his contract is now with three years to go instead of four. There will still need to be a sweetener, but it appears as if his perception is improved from last fall. Mathieu Joseph is definitely ready for a regular role. But, would anyone be surprised if they pulled off some shocker to accomplish what they wish?
12 juill. 2021 à 13 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Modifié 13 juill. 2021 à 12 h 0
Just going to list known offseason injury issues:
- Kucherov fractured rib
- Killorn fibula (surgery)
- Hedman torn meniscus (surgery)
- Cirelli wrist (surgery)
- Coleman arm in sling at boat parade
- Stamkos? (Always injured)
- McDonagh broken hand
- Goodrow broken hand
12 juill. 2021 à 13 h 34
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Just going to list offseason known injury issues:
- Kucherov fractured rib
- Killorn fibula (surgery)
- Hedman knee (surgery)
- Cirelli wrist (surgery)
- Coleman arm in sling at boat parade
- Stamkos?

I can't wait for someone to find this list and say they are probably all gonna go on LTIR
Boltsbeathabs a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2021 à 13 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: imawesome
I can't wait for someone to find this list and say they are probably all gonna go on LTIR

Everyone I denoted with surgery said they'd be ready by September.
imawesome et Boltsbeathabs a aimé ceci.
12 juill. 2021 à 17 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Did anyone else rough out the conditions downtown today?
13 juill. 2021 à 20 h 33
I want Gourde back
Did anyone else rough out the conditions downtown today?

I don't live in Tampa
17 juill. 2021 à 13 h 17
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Just sharing one of Elliotte Friedman's most recent 31 thoughts:

The need is to get two ~5m contracts off the books.
I see them doing a protection like:
F: Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, Cirelli
D: Hedman, Sergachev, Cernak, Foote
Exposing: Gourde ($5.17m for 4y), Johnson ($5m for 3yr), Killorn ($4.45m for 2 yr), and Palat ($5.3m for 1yr)

I think Johnson is pretty far down the list in attractiveness to Seattle. Gourde at the top. Will be painful, as I think Gourde is a very good player, but it knocks one of two required contracts off the list.
To get rid of Johnson I think TBL would need to throw in Foote to make it happen. That simply doesn't help as they lose the balance of his good salary, they need the inclusion of Foote's $900k cap hit to make things work.
Then will still need to sign 6+ contracts. Oof going to be tough decisions.

OR just send Kucherov to my Habs. Bam cap issue gone. He's practically begging to go anyway :P
17 juill. 2021 à 15 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Probable 4th LHD on depth chart and Syracuse vet
imawesome a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 15 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

I'm amazed we got anything for his rights.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 16 h 0
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848

I don't see how folks think NYR won this trade.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 16 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: Rangsey
I don't see how folks think NYR won this trade.

Even if they sign him it'll probably be an overpay. We got a draft pick for a player we were 100% losing. W for JBB.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2021 à 20 h 29
I want Gourde back

I could see a team giving a pick for Coleman's rights, but I didn't think we'd get one for Goodrow. Hopefully this means they have a plan, but more likely Goodrow just wanted too much
18 juill. 2021 à 7 h 6
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 381
I have that weird feeling that something bigger will happen than we all expect.
Rangsey et imawesome a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 8 h 38
Lets go bolts!
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Quoting: matulix
I have that weird feeling that something bigger will happen than we all expect.

Before I return to the shadows, tampa will likely offload some depth contracts mix of killorn (if he is confirmed to be healthy by october) gourde johnson (obvious) If tampa wants to make a big move like a landeskog the thing is it would be at the expense of all three players I just listed. HOWEVER if we are going to go into the craziness of big unexpected moves. Before I lose all credibility forever just imagine how funny but ever so slightly possible this could be.... Ovechkin signs for a 1 year deal 1 million & joins Kucherov Sergachev Vasi. Ovi has made a career earning of 124 million with decent investments he can own detroit. He'll break the goal record on our power play almost immediately. Just for fun. Gabriel needs his big payday (sorta) so he is off the table considering we would have to get much worse to sign this guy. OVI wants to win & imo the sun has set in DC if he stays in DC he won't win another championship. Imagine stealing Ovi away from DC Tampa won back to back & took the best goal scorer of our generation, Montreal already hates us now The caps would want blood too we'll be front in center of the media all season. Tampa always finds ways to get players to sign for less so why not go out in a blaze of glory with the biggest underpay of all time. This might be our last year to lift lord stanley before we have to pay brayden point 9million so let's make it count.
18 juill. 2021 à 10 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever

Rangsey a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 11 h 7

No real surprises here. Still think there's already a deal in place tho.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 11 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
No real surprises here. Still think there's already a deal in place tho.

If so, the deal doesn't involve McDonagh, that's for sure. I could understand leaving McDonagh available to protect more forwards, but anyone thinking we needed to side deal McDonagh to Seattle missed a big part of why we've won 2 Stanley Cups.
18 juill. 2021 à 11 h 14
If so, the deal doesn't involve McDonagh, that's for sure. I could understand leaving McDonagh available to protect more forwards, but anyone thinking we needed to side deal McDonagh to Seattle missed a big part of why we've won 2 Stanley Cups.

Agreed. I kinda thought maybe he'd be a part of the Johnson sweetener to keep more futures while shedding more cap. But I doubt it now.
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 35
I want Gourde back

Agreed. I kinda thought maybe he'd be a part of the Johnson sweetener to keep more futures while shedding more cap. But I doubt it now.

What would you guys think of giving Seattle Foote and Palat to take Johnson? Then we clear ten mil in cap and keep Gourde and Killorn. Don't know if Seattle would do it but I think both teams would definitely benefit from it. Seattle gets 3 good roster players and we clear cap
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
What would you guys think of giving Seattle Foote and Palat to take Johnson? Then we clear ten mil in cap and keep Gourde and Killorn. Don't know if Seattle would do it but I think both teams would definitely benefit from it. Seattle gets 3 good roster players and we clear cap

That's a lot of cap for Seattle to absorb. Gourde makes sense as a center, but there's an abundance of Top 6 wingers available for Seattle to select from. I'm at the point of just letting them take whoever they want and figuring it out from there.
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 51
I want Gourde back
That's a lot of cap for Seattle to absorb. Gourde makes sense as a center, but there's an abundance of Top 6 wingers available for Seattle to select from. I'm at the point of just letting them take whoever they want and figuring it out from there.

They are allowed to spend too the cap and Palat has shown he's a 1st line winger on a championship team. If they also get a good young former 1st round pick. I see you're point though. I would say just let them pick but I think losing Gourde would be bad
18 juill. 2021 à 20 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rutta 4ever
They are allowed to spend too the cap and Palat has shown he's a 1st line winger on a championship team. If they also get a good young former 1st round pick. I see you're point though. I would say just let them pick but I think losing Gourde would be bad

There's no good options involved with the expansion draft. If there's a deal to be made I guess JBB will make it, but I'm souring on the idea of dumping a bunch of assets on them just to get what we want.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
18 juill. 2021 à 21 h 34
Gonna be hard to convince them not to take Gourde. They might look at him for 1 or 2c with their lack of options.
imawesome a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage