SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Jonathan Drouin - Update

6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 11
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Not everyone knows what happen to Drouin this season but for those who know exactly what happen to Jo, please keep it for yourself. I do know what happen and it’s TERRIBLY sad.

What I can say IMO tho is that Drouin isn’t gonna play for MTL again and tbh I don’t think he will play again in the NHL. I did some Klefbom vs Drouin trade before I knew what happened.

But now, with what I know, we should just keep Jo on LTIR and stop trading him for players/pick/expansion draft/buyout/etc.

Let’s leave the kid *alone*
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 20
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,538
It would be nice to know what is going on with him though!!! I think he is a superb player who is fighting demons in his head and the pressure of being a Montreal Canadian got to him (you guys are as bad as Yankee fans on players). I wish him the best and would love a trade for him and a prospect or picks to San Jose for Timo Meir who would excel there and needs a change of scenery himself.
that is only if he can rebound like Lehner did. another option would be to Vegas and have Lehner help him having gone through a rough patch himself for a while.
GMs et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 25
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,538
besides the Drouin thing, I would recommend you guys avoid an overpriced backup and find an heir apparent to backup Price for a few years on a cheaper contract, IMO.
and I love Danault but he just isn't worth 5 mill a year. if he was more offensive yes but as is I would offer 4 mill for 4 years, anymore and your return on investment shrinks rapidly.
GMs a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 26
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Don’t know what the deal is, but I’m hoping for the best for Jo. He’s such a great person.

As for the team, if Montréal has this much cap space they better use it on a replacement for Drouin instead of overpaying for a backup and signing Frolík & Gudbranson.
Billy739, GMs, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 29
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
besides the Drouin thing, I would recommend you guys avoid an overpriced backup and find an heir apparent to backup Price for a few years on a cheaper contract, IMO.
and I love Danault but he just isn't worth 5 mill a year. if he was more offensive yes but as is I would offer 4 mill for 4 years, anymore and your return on investment shrinks rapidly.

Primeau’s our heir apparent. I’d rather go with a cheaper UFA like Brossoit for 2 years until Cayden’s NHL ready.

Also Danault’s defense is the reason that Montréal is in the Stanley Cup Final this year. He’s getting $5 million by 6 years minimum, since that’s what he turned down before the season, and there’s been nothing brining down his value since.
A_Habs_fan et Rob32sjsharks a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 29
Zuke is the goat
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,571
What is your source to be so sure about what happened?
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Don’t know what the deal is, but I’m hoping for the best for Jo. He’s such a great person.

As for the team, if Montréal has this much cap space they better use it on a replacement for Drouin instead of overpaying for a backup and signing Frolík & Gudbranson.

Although now that I think about it, we don’t necessarily need another forward if Armia is coming back. Although if we could find a way to get Alec Martinez that would be really nice.
GMs a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 16 h 55
Former Hockey Fan
Why did this get moved to the forums? It was clearly an Armchair GM team?
GMs a aimé ceci.
6 juill. 2021 à 17 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks

I know Danault isn’t worth that contract but he will get it
For Raanta, we need an excellent backup goalie to give Price rest time. Look what happen with Allen, Price was great in the playoffs
We are a lot who would like Primeau to be Price back up but the team already said they want him to play 150 AHL games before backing Price
6 juill. 2021 à 17 h 47
was lebronisdagoat
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 265
Quoting: GMs
Not everyone knows what happen to Drouin this season but for those who know exactly what happen to Jo, please keep it for yourself. I do know what happen and it’s TERRIBLY sad.

What I can say IMO tho is that Drouin isn’t gonna play for MTL again and tbh I don’t think he will play again in the NHL. I did some Klefbom vs Drouin trade before I knew what happened.

But now, with what I know, we should just keep Jo on LTIR and stop trading him for players/pick/expansion draft/buyout/etc.

is there a source?
7 juill. 2021 à 5 h 23
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: lucal2228
is there a source?

Quoting: math731
What is your source to be so sure about what happened?

Considering he said for those who know please keep it to yourself, don’t think he’s revealing sources
GMs a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,692
Quoting: GMs

PPL not trading him or buying him out on CapFriendly will not help him in what ever hes dealing with and if it would and if hes reading CF posts on here while hes recovering, than hes asking for criticism. Its a recipe for disaster.

I dont really care to know what hes dealing with, just hope that he gets the help he needs to live life and be happy but posting a tantalizing post like this one only fuels the speculation. You do know that right?

Simply stating that its terribly sad what happenes to him is basically the same as telling everyone what it is.....
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 juill. 2021 à 15 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: F50marco
PPL not trading him or buying him out on CapFriendly will not help him in what ever hes dealing with and if it would and if hes reading CF posts on here while hes recovering, than hes asking for criticism. Its a recipe for disaster.

I dont really care to know what hes dealing with, just hope that he gets the help he needs to live life and be happy but posting a tantalizing post like this one only fuels the speculation. You do know that right?

Simply stating that its terribly sad what happenes to him is basically the same as telling everyone what it is.....

You are right I shouldn’t have done anything with Capfriendly
I should just let people do their own AGM with whatever they want to do with Jo

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage