Forums/Armchair-GM

Leafy idea

Créé par: MarcN
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 29 juin 2021
Publié: 30 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Not a ton of changes, because there isn't the cap space for a ton. And I don't expect a flurry of trades.

If guys like Hyman, Galchenyuk, Dermott come in with lower contracts than this, great.

On Hyman, a higher AAV than RNH just got and the Leafs being the only team that can give him 8 years makes this something I think could be possible. I know the term is scary and I would front load that contract as much as the CBA will allow to make him just a high cap hit but low cash payments in the back half of it in case it's something that ought to be unloaded later. The low cash and high cap hit could make it something that a small market team that's low on cash and trying to hit the cap floor could have some interest in.

Christian Dvorak isn't a guy you hear a lot about in large part due to the market he plays in. He has shown though to be able to put points on the board, kill penalties, throw hits and blocks shots. He's also won a Memorial Cup while playing on a line with Marner and Matthew Tkachuk for the London Knights. And it was Dvorak who led that team in both goals and points. He was also the captain. He's still only 25 years old and has 4 years remaining on his contract. So he's far from a rental type or anything like that. As a small market, Arizona probably won't be that keen on retaining a lot of salary, so I've left it at 25%. If they can be talked into more, great. There also no signing bonus due to Dvorak, so it's a move that could hopefully wait until after the expansion draft.

The free agent backup goaltending market is really tough to call, not only due to the flat cap but also there are a ton of FA goalies due to the upcoming expansion draft, so it's really just a guess. My thought is that the top minute players and starting goalies are still going to get paid, but the backup goalies and players further down the lineup may get squeezed and not get the kind of contract offers they'd get other seasons when the cap would be going up.

I know this leaves them pretty bare in terms of draft picks, but if the "big 4" are going to stay intact this year I think they've got to push their pick and prospect trade chips in. If it goes well, who cares about the lack of picks. If it goes poorly (again) I think the "big 4" needs to come to an end and in that scenario, if they want to recoup picks, they'll be able to do that.

For the PP units, it's not laid out in a typical LW-C-RW fashion. Instead, an approximation of how they could be deployed with Hyman and Simmonds as the net front presence.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
11 250 000 $
85 250 000 $
21 500 000 $
Transactions
TOR
SEA
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Détails additionnels:
Expansion draft claim
TOR
  1. Dvorak, Christian (1 112 500 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
25% retained
ARI
  1. Anderson, Joey
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
  3. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $81 392 283 $0 $400 000 $107 717 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 3
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
3 337 500 $3 337 500 $
C
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
30 juin 2021 à 0 h 51
Hire Dusty Imoo
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 535
Hyman is 29 years old and you've signed him for eight more years... at 5.25 each of those years. And you've resigned galchenyuk for some reason???
30 juin 2021 à 1 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Galchenyuk was a fine compliment to JT & Nylander....and they will need to go the route of discount options unless they're willing to move one of those big contracts. I don't know if they do that this season.
30 juin 2021 à 1 h 25
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
No way u get ARI to retain 1.1M for 5 seasons. And just get joey Anderson and a 1st back.

Probably gotta give them Amirov and a 1st for them to retain for 5 seasons. You get a 3C for 5 seasons at 3.3M. Atleast Niemela and a 1st.
30 juin 2021 à 1 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
No way u get ARI to retain 1.1M for 5 seasons. And just get joey Anderson and a 1st back.

Probably gotta give them Amirov and a 1st for them to retain for 5 seasons. You get a 3C for 5 seasons at 3.3M. Atleast Niemela and a 1st.

4 seasons, but the point remains true. Getting them to retain salary would likely be the difficult part. I do think pretty close to all picks and prospects have to be in play with the Leafs this offseason. This a make or break up the band kind of season coming up with Matthews only being under contract for 2 more if this upcoming season isn't a real success.
LetsGoPens69 a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2021 à 1 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554
Modifié 6 juill. 2021 à 22 h 1
Quoting: MarcN
4 seasons, but the point remains true. Getting them to retain salary would likely be the difficult part. I do think pretty close to all picks and prospects have to be in play with the Leafs this offseason. This a make or break up the band kind of season coming up with Matthews only being under contract for 2 more if this upcoming season isn't a real success.

Take it from a pens fan, the only time u miss draft picks is around draft time..lol.

Teams that are in the SC hunt and competitive every year, don’t have prospect development as a top priority. Although it is important. But like u said, u only have a certain window to go for it.

Once it closes, the franchise just has to tank right. Trade off every asset on the team. And get 3-4 years of top 3-5 picks. The franchise is back.

U just can’t have a top 3 pick and then next season barley miss the play-off or have a .500 record and Draft in those 8-16 spots.

That’s where all the busts and mistakes are made. You want to stay out of there. It’s not a good place to be. Either in the play-offs, or tank, thats what fans should be hoping for now.

But yes, the Leafs have to go for it with Matthews. He has to get a Cup. He’s a superstar.

I did an ACGM where the Sens should trade Stuetzle, Pinto, the 10th overall pick and Murray’s contract for Eichel. They were all so pissed. Lol.

They do want to give up Stuetzle. IMO, Stuetzle isn’t Eichel. Eichel is another one of those elite guys, 80-90 point player. And not knocking Stuetzle, he’s great, just not one of those elite guys in my opinion.

But anyways, a true 1C would stop the Sens rebuild and have them as a contending this season, Tkachuk/Eichel/Batherson,
C.Brown/J.Norris/E.Dadonov,
Formenton/Tierney/C.White,
N.Paul/sign Cizikas/A.Watson.

Plus: Chabot/Zaitsev,
Sanderson/Zub,
Brannstrom/JoshBrown.

They still would have a ton of cap room too to sign a goalie and NHL depth. That team competes right now and for the next 5-8 years. You have to make that trade.

I think the Sens fans are so enamored with their prospects and the draft. That they like the draft process and prospects more than winning and winning a SC.

You can’t fall in love with draft picks and prospects when u have a play-off team and a window. You have to go all-in. And worry about the rest as it comes.
30 juin 2021 à 22 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: LetsGoPens69
Take it from a pens fan, the only time u miss draft picks is around draft time..lol.

Teams that are in the SC hunt and competitive every year, don’t have prospect development as a top priority. Although it is important. But like u said, u only have a certain window to go for it.

Once it closes, the franchise just has to tank right. Trade off every asset on the team. And get 3-4 years of top 3-5 picks. The franchise is back.

U just can’t have a top 3 pick and then next season barley miss the play-off or have a .500 record and Draft in those 8-16 spots.

That’s where all the busts and mistakes are made. You want to stay out of there. It’s not a good place to be. Either in the play-offs, or tank, thats what fans should be hoping for now.

But yes, the Leafs have to go for it with Matthews. He has to get a Cup. He’s a superstar.

I did an ACGM where the Sens should trade Stuetzle, Pinto, the 10th overall pick and Murray’s contract for Eichel. They were all so pissed. Lol.

They do want to give up Stuetzle. IMO, Stuetzle isn’t Eichel. Eichel is another one of those elite guys, 80-90 point player. And not knocking Stuetzle, he’s great, just not one of those elite guys in my opinion.

But anyways, a true 1C would stop the Sens rebuild and have them as a contending this season, Tkachuk/Eichel/Batherson,
C.Brown/J.Norris/E.Dadonov,
Formenton/Tierney/C.White,
N.Paul/sign Cizikas/A.Watson.

Plus: Chabot/Zaitsev,
Sanderson/Zub,
Brannstrom/JoshBrown.

They still would have a ton of cap room too to sign a goalie and NHL depth. That team competes right now and for the next 5-8 years. You have to make that trade.

I think the Sens fans are so enamored with their prospects and the draft. That they like the draft process and prospects more than winning and winning a SC.

You can’t fall in love with draft picks and prospects when u have a play-off team and a window. You have to go all-in. And worry about the rest as it comes.

No one's concerned about the future if you're winning in the present.

As a Leaf fan, I know all about the uselessness of being middle of the pack. So many years of not committing to a real tear it down and suffer rebuild....just keep on barely making or barely not making the playoffs. Just drifting in nothingness when you do that.

I really like Stutzle too and the Sens do at least have the benefit of being nowhere close to the end of their window, so they don't have to do anything rash. But you're right, Eichel is a different level and players like that don't come available all that often...provided he's back to full health. I know all too much about disc issues too. Not fun at all...and you may never be quite the same again.
LetsGoPens69 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage