Forums/Armchair-GM

Wilson makes a splash - My Final take on the Sharks until Draft Day

Créé par: yikes
Équipe: 2021-22 Sharks de San Jose
Date de création initiale: 25 juin 2021
Publié: 28 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Usually just posting for fun or for ideas but here’s my final take until sh*t actually happens.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
21 250 500 $
31 500 000 $
31 000 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2750 000 $
23 150 500 $
1900 000 $
Transactions
SJS
  1. Monahan, Sean
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (CGY)
CGY
  1. Kane, Evander
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (COL)
SJS
    Happens pre or post expansion - doesn’t really matter

I think a mainly “Hockey” trade is the best scenario for a Kane trade. He’s not the easiest asset to move but I highly doubt a guy whos put up legit numbers isn’t going to garner interest.

14pts in 17gp - 2017-18
    56pts in 75gp - 2018-19
    47pts in 64gp - 2019-20
    49pts in 56gp - 2020-21

Is 0.78 point per game. He’s got a 7m cap hit and plays a brand of hockey few players can do and also put up this level of play. Kane’s not “elite” but he’s not “okay”. He’s a very a good top 6 threat who’s going to be intriguing for clubs looks to win now. I choose Calgary because they already wanted to shake up some pieces of their roster, but they also are in a win now mode. They’ve got good pieces old and young and signed a starter with term. They don’t need a rebuild obviously and so finding a suitable piece in a hockey trade seems best.
    CGY
      Happens pre or post expansion - doesn’t really matter

Kane is better than Monahan - and the Flames don’t really lose anything major in this trade. They weaken their Center depth both Lindholm has already shown he IS their number 1 C and Backlund is a suitable middle 6 C. They would need to address the loss of Monahan for their depth but they’ll still have a great lineup with a dream top line.

Kane/ Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
      Heinemen - Backlund - Gaudreau/ Kane

With Dube/ a prospect potentially joining the Top 6 or a UFA helping their Center depth. Kane provides a major improvement for their top 6.

I chose to send a 2nd back as a sweetener meaning:

The Flames want Kane. A Kane trade must be mutual and while I like Monahan he is not on Kane’s level. If either team gets a sweetener it would be the Sharks. But it’s not a huge deal.
      SJS
        Hasn’t fit well but he hasn’t been bad.

Doesn’t seem to be on the “ins” with the coaches as his usage decreased over the course of the season. Not his fault entirely but just seems like a probably exposure.
        SEA
        1. Donato, Ryan [Droits de RFA]
        SJS
          Jesper Wallstedt is the Sharks 2021 selection.

He is the best player available at 7th. Yes he’s a goalie and a risk as all goalies are.

But you cannot say Wallstedt is a bad prospect. He arguably could be the best player in the draft BUT “he’s a goalie”.

Guenther falling to 7 would be the only player that I believe should cause the Sharks hesitation.
          SEA
          1. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (SJS)
          SJS
            Rational for Line Up:

Top line is Kane - Hertl - Barabanov as it worked so well except Meier is filling Kane’s hole. Meier employs a similar style to Kane but Meier could be much better than Kane with a high ceiling. This is a great opportunity for the Sharks. Trading Kane with the mutual desire to move on while giving Meier a new defined role.

Next is Monahans line. Monahan is solely a offensive player. Using him with Labanc and Chmelevski could work well for our scoring needs. Chmelevski has a lot of potential on the wing and he’s a player who has shown the desire to play well in both ends. Labanc is primarily offensive like Monahan but Labanc has shown that effort to play better. This line could finally provide the Sharks a necessary offensive weapon.

The third line is more two way minded. Couture is much better rounded that Monahan which is why he falls to the 3C spot. Paired with Leonard who again is a well rounded player but with a ton of upside and he’s now going into his second year. And finally I like Gregor on the wing. He’s too good for the AHL and he can earn a full time role here. His speed is immense and if he can keep that two way game going with a stellar vet in Couture and another young gun in Leonard, this could become a super useful third line.

Finally on the fourth we have Gambrell leading with Balcers on the wing. Another more defensive minded line but Gambrell and Balcers have shown great upside and they’ll
            be paired with a new young gun in Dahlen or True. True has been great for the Cuda and Dahlen has his final shot lines up.
            SEA
              On defence there’s no changes. Ferraro and Knyzhov are the budding stars we’re trying to grow around. Hoping Burns can keep up his rebound and Karlsson can help improve the outlook. Simek Vlasic could see Vlasic scratched if he plays poorly and replaced with a rookie or UFA signing.

Finally Korenar has shown some good potential and I think he’ll be our Backup. With Andersen having experience back stopping the Leafs before they knew defence: he’s the best suited candidate for the job.
              SJS
                Not having to buy out Jones or Vlasic will go a LONG way - especially with Jones. Saving money by not buying Jones out yet will be great.
                SEA
                  And to wrap it up we still have a good chunk of cap space for whatever is necessary heading into the season. And if we flounder again and sink, we do have prime pieces to sell:

Monahan with retention could be very intriguing to teams if he plays good

Hertl is a centrepiece for a starter rebuild haul

Simek could see action

Labanc and Meier could field calls

Barabanov could be a 500k TDL bidding war if he plays well for cup contenders wanting a cheap boost.

Even Andersen could see some action if he has a desire to chase a run.
                  Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
                  Logo de CGY
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de TOR
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de BUF
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de MIN
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  Logo de SJS
                  TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
                  2181 500 000 $67 806 000 $0 $557 500 $13 694 000 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
                  Logo de Sharks de San Jose
                  3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
                  AG, AD
                  UFA - 2
                  5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
                  C
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 1
                  1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
                  AD, AG
                  UFA - 1
                  4 725 000 $4 725 000 $
                  AD, AG
                  UFA - 3
                  Logo de Flames de Calgary
                  6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
                  C, AG, AD
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 2
                  778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
                  C
                  RFA - 1
                  875 000 $875 000 $
                  AG, AD
                  RFA - 1
                  8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
                  C
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 6
                  925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
                  AG, AD
                  RFA - 1
                  1 250 500 $1 250 500 $
                  AG, AD
                  UFA - 2
                  1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
                  C
                  UFA - 1
                  875 000 $875 000 $
                  C, AD
                  RFA - 1
                  Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
                  925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
                  DG
                  UFA - 1
                  5 280 000 $5 280 000 $
                  DD
                  M-NTC
                  UFA - 4
                  3 150 500 $3 150 500 $
                  G
                  UFA - 2
                  796 667 $796 667 $
                  DG/DD
                  UFA - 1
                  10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
                  DD
                  NMC
                  UFA - 6
                  1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
                  G
                  RFA - 1
                  2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
                  DG/DD
                  UFA - 3
                  7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
                  DG/DD
                  NMC
                  UFA - 5
                  Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
                  750 000 $750 000 $
                  AG, AD
                  UFA - 1
                  850 000 $850 000 $
                  AG, AD
                  UFA - 2
                  Équipe de réserve
                  900 000 $900 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
                  DG
                  UFA - 2
                  2 000 000 $2 000 000 $ (875 000 $$875K875 000 $$875K)
                  G
                  UFA - 1
                  750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
                  DD
                  UFA - 1
                  875 000 $875 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
                  AD, AG
                  UFA - 1
                  875 000 $875 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
                  DD
                  UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
                  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
                  28 juin 2021 à 20 h 53
                  Chicago
                  Rejoint: juin 2015
                  Mentions "j'aime": 2,842
                  Monahan has way more value than Evander Kane... Cheaper contract, not bad in the locker room. Had a down year but is way more likely to bounce back with a change of scenery. CGY doesn't need another LW either. Makes no sense for Calgary to do this.
                  Gmonwy et TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 20 h 58
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Rejoint: sept. 2019
                  Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
                  Quoting: NickC1988
                  Monahan has way more value than Evander Kane... Cheaper contract, not bad in the locker room. Had a down year but is way more likely to bounce back with a change of scenery. CGY doesn't need another LW either. Makes no sense for Calgary to do this.

Monahan does not have more value than Kane, lol.. he’s objectively worse and Kane is worth his full cap hit. Where it’s easily arguable Sean is not.
                  He’s had a down couple seasons now and just hasn’t been a top line Center.

Don’t see how there’s “no sense” - there is some sense but I never suggested this was a sure fire trade for both ends. I very much would hesitate this from both ends; which in turn means there is some sense to the move.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 0
                  Chicago
                  Quoting: yikes
                  Monahan does not have more value than Kane, lol.. He’s had a down couple seasons now and just hasn’t been a lead Center.

Don’t see how there’s “no sense” - there is some sense but I never suggested this was a sure fire trade for both ends. I very much would hesitate this from both ends; which in turn means there is some sense to the move.

There is certainly no sense to the move. Kane is probably the last thing Calgary needs.
                  TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 1
                  Rejoint: mai 2019
                  Mentions "j'aime": 18,154
                  Ryan Donato would probably have more value on trade market than the loss on Gambrell or whomever else is selected
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 2
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  There is certainly no sense to the move. Kane is probably the last thing Calgary needs.

You have yet to point out any actual reasons other than likely the one I already stated which is moving a C for LW and in turn hurting your C depth.

But in reality you haven’t actually said any arguments to my post or what I typed up. You can disagree with that trade and I can accept that or understand it but to say there is no sense is funny. Because an easy one is you’re objectively getting a much better player.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 4
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Quoting: NHLfan10506
                  Ryan Donato would probably have more value on trade market than the loss on Gambrell or whomever else is selected

I’d say Donato is around a 3rd give or take but I’d rather lose him than Gambrell who’s shown potential 3C ability. Donato hasn’t fit in to the coaches eyes.

I’d love to move Donato for a pick or something but if it’s just a 3rd for losing Donato and Gambrell idk… if we could sell Donato for more than I’d be fine with potentially losing Gambrell.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 5
                  Rejoint: août 2020
                  Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
                  Monahan does not have more value than Kane, lol.. he’s objectively worse and Kane is worth his full cap hit. Where it’s easily arguable Sean is not.
                  He’s had a down couple seasons now and just hasn’t been a lead Center.

It doesnt make sense for calgary to trade a position of weakness (centre) for a position of strength (left shot wingers). We have 5 left shot wingers for our top 9 already, with Pelletier looking to join that group as well (Heineman won’t crack the team next year, but he also shoots left). If Kane was a right shot then maybe, but he’s not. When you add in his off ice issues and the fact that he’s older and costs more there just isn’t much interest for Calgary at all.
                  TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 8
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Quoting: Alfie11
                  It doesnt make sense for calgary to trade a position of weakness (centre) for a position of strength (left shot wingers). We have 5 left shot wingers for our top 9 already, with Pelletier looking to join that group as well (Heineman won’t crack the team next year, but he also shoots left). If Kane was a right shot then maybe, but he’s not. When you add in his off ice issues and the fact that he’s older and costs more there just isn’t much interest for Calgary at all.

In the post I typed a Kane trade would need a mutual interest. The example being Calgary IS interested in Kane. We cannot predict the future. So the example is Calgary for sake of convenience. Not because I have a insight on Calgary being interested.

As for the swap; Kane plays left or right wing* and it provides Calgary with potentially the most value for Monahan. It definitely wouldn’t be great for the C depth but if the offers for Sean are low, and with his recent play. It’s a very replaceable C on the UFA market. As there are a good chunk of decent middle 6 C’s. I don’t think it’s terrible if Calgary lines up a UFA C and then gaining Kane would bring a legit threat into the line up
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 8
                  GO FLAMES GO
                  Rejoint: sept. 2020
                  Mentions "j'aime": 10,557
                  In the post I typed a Kane trade would need a mutual interest. The example being Calgary IS interested in Kane. We cannot predict the future.

As for the swap; Kane plays left or right and it provides Calgary with potentially the most value for Monahan. It definitely wouldn’t be great for the C depth but if the offers for Sean are low, and with his recent play. It’s a very replaceable C on the UFA market. As there are a good chunk of decent middle 6 C’s.

He means handiness.
                  TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 9
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Quoting: Gmonwy
                  He means handiness.

I know but he said left wing, just saying he can play both sides. Incase some left w prospect comes up. But yup I’ll correct my wording!
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 16
                  In the post I typed a Kane trade would need a mutual interest. The example being Calgary IS interested in Kane. We cannot predict the future. So the example is Calgary for sake of convenience.

As for the swap; Kane plays left or right and it provides Calgary with potentially the most value for Monahan. It definitely wouldn’t be great for the C depth but if the offers for Sean are low, and with his recent play. It’s a very replaceable C on the UFA market. As there are a good chunk of decent middle 6 C’s. I don’t think it’s terrible if Calgary lines up a UFA C and then gaining Kane would bring a legit threat into the line up

You’re assuming there will be interest, I’m telling you that makes no sense due to age/contract/handedness. Out of curiosity, when was the last time Kane played RW and did he look any good there? As far as I was aware he’s played LW pretty exclusively for a while now. Regardless, 6 left shot wingers in your top 9 isn’t exactly a great situation. And Monahan’s a 30 goal top six centre when healthy (which he will be), you don’t find those in free agency. It might not be super far off in value, but Kane just doesn’t fill a need for Calgary, especially at the cost of a centre, an important position we are looking to improve on, not weaken. If we don’t get good offers for Mony that actually address our needs we’re more than fine to keep him, seems like everyone is ignoring his ability to score goals (19-20 was a down year and he was still on pace for 26, and then this year he was hurt), but Calgary still values that if nobody else will.
                  NickC1988 et TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 19
                  Chicago
                  You have yet to point out any actual reasons other than likely the one I already stated which is moving a C for LW and in turn hurting your C depth.

But in reality you haven’t actually said any arguments to my post or what I typed up. You can disagree with that trade and I can accept that or understand it but to say there is no sense is funny. Because an easy one is you’re objectively getting a much better player.

But how is Kane a much better player? Monahan (26) put up 82 points in 78 games in 18-19. He's typically good for 60 a season with an above 50% face-off percentage and strong 200 foot game. Kane (29) put up 30 goals twice in his career and actually has a much lower points per game than Monahan (Kane .65 PPG vs. Monahan .74 PPG). Kane has also been traded multiple times. So in this scenario, Calgary is trading the younger, statistically better, player for the older player that has already been moved multiple times that plays a position that's their strength. That's why it makes no sense.
                  Alfie11 et TheLamb9 a aimé ceci.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 25
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  You’re assuming there will be interest, I’m telling you that makes no sense due to age/contract/handedness. Out of curiosity, when was the last time Kane played RW and did he look any good there? As far as I was aware he’s played LW pretty exclusively for a while now. Regardless, 6 left shot wingers in your top 9 isn’t exactly a great situation. And Monahan’s a 30 goal top six centre when healthy (which he will be), you don’t find those in free agency. It might not be super far off in value, but Kane just doesn’t fill a need for Calgary, especially at the cost of a centre, an important position we are looking to improve on, not weaken. If we don’t get good offers for Mony that actually address our needs we’re more than fine to keep him, seems like everyone is ignoring his ability to score goals (19-20 was a down year and he was still on pace for 26, and then this year he was hurt), but Calgary still values that if nobody else will.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/evander-kane

Pretty mixed. I’m usually you’ll see him start left but that link plus watching the games; he’s kinda utilized whenever he can be. Maybe it’s just cause we suck lool.

As for the interest. As I said ITS LITERALLY for sake of conversation, it’s not a make or break selection. Just chose a team I think could use Kane as a potential Kane - Tkachuk duo sounded fun.

And yeah just my point being for two teams that could see swaps there was some rational. It wasn’t just trying to rob Calgary towards my response on you or the other guy. For example: I have little interest in moving Kane but unfortunately that’s life with the recent rumours. And more so as I personally see it; Kane will likely be a hockey trade. So Calgary isn’t a rebuilding team and the Sharks refuse to rebuild so both teams could utilize a hockey swap, as opposed to Columbus who I think are gonna be selling and wouldn’t necessarily want a hockey trade. I 100% get the argument of losing the C, but was just pointing out there is some gain in the trade for both teams (and obviously loss).
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 28
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  But how is Kane a much better player? Monahan (26) put up 82 points in 78 games in 18-19. He's typically good for 60 a season with an above 50% face-off percentage and strong 200 foot game. Kane (29) put up 30 goals twice in his career and actually has a much lower points per game than Monahan (Kane .65 PPG vs. Monahan .74 PPG). Kane has also been traded multiple times. So in this scenario, Calgary is trading the younger, statistically better, player for the older player that has already been moved multiple times that plays a position that's their strength. That's why it makes no sense.

Sorry just don’t feel like going back and forth on the same subject so I’m bypassing some of the comment.

But to say Monahan is STATISTICALLY better then Kane is actually just false.

Kane has been better than 71% of forwards over the last three years, by WAR.

In the tenure within the Sharks org (so basically 4 years),
                  Kane has a .78 ppg.

Additionally his ADV stats back this up.

Whereas Monahan has steadily gotten worse.

28 juin 2021 à 21 h 34
                  Chicago
                  Sorry just don’t feel like going back and forth on the same subject so I’m bypassing some of the comment.

But to say Monahan is STATISTICALLY better then Kane is actually just false.

Kane has been better than 71% of forwards over the last three years, by WAR.

In the tenure within the Sharks org (so basically 4 years),
                  Kane has a .78 ppg.

Additionally his ADV stats back this up.

Whereas Monahan has steadily gotten worse.

By WAR.. Didn't know this was the MLB.. Good talk, interesting discussion. Cheers.
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 36
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  By WAR.. Didn't know this was the MLB.. Good talk, interesting discussion. Cheers.

I mean you said Monahan was statistically better, so I provided more than just WAR, you brought it upon yourself. When you say something false you usually will be corrected.

Take care!
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 39
                  https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/evander-kane

Pretty mixed. I’m usually you’ll see him start left but that link plus watching the games; he’s kinda utilized whenever he can be. Maybe it’s just cause we suck lool.

As for the interest. As I said ITS LITERALLY for sake of conversation, it’s not a make or break selection. Just chose a team I think could use Kane as a potential Kane - Tkachuk duo sounded fun.

And yeah just my point being for two teams that could see swaps there was some rational. It wasn’t just trying to rob Calgary towards my response on you or the other guy. For example: I have little interest in moving Kane but unfortunately that’s life with the recent rumours. And more so as I personally see it; Kane will likely be a hockey trade. So Calgary isn’t a rebuilding team and the Sharks refuse to rebuild so both teams could utilize a hockey swap, as opposed to Columbus who I think are gonna be selling and wouldn’t necessarily want a hockey trade. I 100% get the argument of losing the C, but was just pointing out there is some gain in the trade for both teams (and obviously loss).

I would also like Kane+Tkachuk but a lot has to happen for this to make sense (e.g. gio to seattle, dube+2nd for reinhart, sign danault, then a monahan for kane swap might make sense if calgary can make the cap work)
                  28 juin 2021 à 21 h 44
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  I would also like Kane+Tkachuk but a lot has to happen for this to make sense (e.g. gio to seattle, dube+2nd for reinhart, sign danault, then a monahan for kane swap might make sense if calgary can make the cap work)

Personally I would like Krejci to sign with another team looking to run for the playoffs if he leaves Boston. Sign 1 year, no commitment. Still a good player that would be a GREAT depth C for lines2/3. I think Danault isn’t the only notable C. But Danault in Calgary would be monumental towards the moves they plan or may plan on making. It’d also be pretty cool to see how much Calgary could gain from having a purely “selke” caliber C. Letting Matthew and Johnny go loss when they know they have Danault nearby or standing by.
                  28 juin 2021 à 23 h 37
                  Rejoint: mai 2017
                  Mentions "j'aime": 419
                  He’s had a down couple seasons now and just hasn’t been a top line Center.

It makes no sense because Kane wouldn't be on the Flames first line and with his attitude, that would be a ****ing disaster.
                  29 juin 2021 à 0 h 36
                  Personally I would like Krejci to sign with another team looking to run for the playoffs if he leaves Boston. Sign 1 year, no commitment. Still a good player that would be a GREAT depth C for lines2/3. I think Danault isn’t the only notable C. But Danault in Calgary would be monumental towards the moves they plan or may plan on making. It’d also be pretty cool to see how much Calgary could gain from having a purely “selke” caliber C. Letting Matthew and Johnny go loss when they know they have Danault nearby or standing by.

It would certainly give them an elite defensive centre corps. Lindholm and Backlund both have recent top 10 selke finishes as well. Kane-Danault-Reinhart seems like a pretty solid line, with Kane bringing the physicality, Danault and to a lesser extent Reinhart providing some defense, and Danault dishing to his wingers. Solid 2nd line, and the Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk line was very good down the stretch. Also leaves Mangiapane and Backlund together on the 3rd line, and they have great chemistry, provide great defense, and provide pretty good offense (especially at 5v5) for a 3rd line. I think that might be a bit too much cap though lol (might have to pay to dump Lucic or something).
                  29 juin 2021 à 9 h 47
                  John Leonard Viewer
                  Rejoint: juin 2020
                  Mentions "j'aime": 444
                  I like it. I'm not sure the Flames need more wingers, unless they want to replace Tkachuk and Johnny Hockey, but then they'd be full rebuilding.

Not sure Freddy is the ideal goalie, but I think he warrants little term so that makes it smarter than Raanta Driedger Mrazek etc who could warrant 3-4 years.
                  29 juin 2021 à 14 h 45
                  Démarrer sujet
                  EklundCelebriniSmith
                  Quoting: jfrojelin
                  I like it. I'm not sure the Flames need more wingers, unless they want to replace Tkachuk and Johnny Hockey, but then they'd be full rebuilding.

Not sure Freddy is the ideal goalie, but I think he warrants little term so that makes it smarter than Raanta Driedger Mrazek etc who could warrant 3-4 years.

I dont see any value personally in Raanta.

Raanta quite literally has not played 40 games more than once in his career. With two of the last three seasons compiling 24 games (12 in two separate seasons) and 33 in the other. He's a great goalie but not a solution for us. Likely just more dead cap riding the pine due to injury. He's a great 1/2 punch goalie but we don't even have one goalie. And I doubt we can rely on Raanta to be our starter because of the injuries.

Mrazek is a better choice but not my favorite. He's been good but his years seem to be mixed and he hasn't had to carry a team (like we need).

If Driedger does hit the market then yes sign him.

Other than Driedger I don't see any case how Andersen isn't the best choice. He'll probably sign a cheap (3mil give or take) 1-3 year contract with the recent job loss in TOR.
                  He has carried the Leafs singlehandedly for years and has experience with a poor defense in front. He was a top goalie in the league with TOR before this season. Having a guy with a decent cap hit and no long term commitment sounds like the best choice by far if Driedger does not sign with us. Just my thoughts.

Répondre
                  To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
                  Question:
                  Options:
                  Ajouter une option
                  Soumettre le sondage