Chicago's Scandal and my profile.

Should I change my name
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juin 2021 à 8 h 40
Kyle from Chicago
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,799
I always knew I would have to make this post, albeit I thought/hoped it would be under different circumstances to say the very least. I remember a long time ago, or at-least it feels like a long time ago, thinking about what username to put into the account creation box. I had been a long time *watcher* of the site, studying the Blackhawks cap space as I strived to become a more educated about the cap system, but one day, as I found ACGM, I was inspired to make an account. Normally when I create a username on a platform I try to be somewhat original and put my own touch of comedy, for 2018 me a parody account of a high ranking Blackhawks official with a low effort laser eyes photo seems…on brand (although if I remember correctly the laser eyes didn’t come until a bit after but I digress). I was aware, as soon as I committed to the StanBowman name (which was immediately changed to Stan_Bowman after considering how badly the previous iteration looked in comparison) that the name came with an expiration date. (Although at the time I hoped that wouldn't come during the 6 months I was not allowed to change my name almost immediately after the first name change)... It seems to me with the bonafide scandal that the hawks are caught up with that expiration date is nearing. If the allegations that have been made public end up having merit and by all means if you are unfamiliar with them read here (The Athletic) I don't think I should continue to use this name even if the people responsible are not disciplined. I created this account for fun, and I don’t think it will be fun for anyone on the site to see a (potentially) genuinely bad person be presented in a joking manner. I would love to get some community feedback on this as it relates to what I should do... Should I change my name now, or wait for the case to develop more (although recently it feels as though it's spiraled out of control in the worst way possible for the Hawks brass). I will admit I am somewhat* attached to the name, but I don't think that will be the case if the allegations are proven to be accurate. I've always been a hear both sides of the story kind of guy, but you can't really hear both sides if one is refusing to speak and the silence from the hawks has been deafening. Currently I'm leaning towards waiting for the breaking point in the case but I would love to hear some feedback on the issue or even facilitate a discussion about the scandal. If you think it's funny, you could even suggest a new username for me... personally I'm thinking of all the jabs related to my tireless defense of Alex Nylander on this site. Anyways let your voices be heard in the poll.
27 juin 2021 à 10 h 35
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,697
Wait and see. Its certainly damaging. I'm curious if this is why Johnny McD was fired. This isn't the first time this allegation came to light. That came out over a year ago. Now we're seeing more Alibis. That's the real difference.

Unless you personally just hate the notion that this happened while he was in management. I can understand that too.
Kyle_Davidson a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 11 h 24
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,651
Alex_Nylander is my vote
27 juin 2021 à 16 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Alex_Nylander is my vote

Player parodies have to be even shorter lived lol.
Jco5ta5 a aimé ceci.
27 juin 2021 à 18 h 47
Hawks Fan
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,651
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Player parodies have to be even shorter lived lol.

Al_MacIsaac? Lol
27 juin 2021 à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Jco5ta5
Al_MacIsaac? Lol

He's on his way it too if heads are rolling.
27 juin 2021 à 20 h 36
In Connor We Trust
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,080
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
He's on his way it too if heads are rolling.

If he gets fired over this, then change it to Colliton
27 juin 2021 à 20 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Beetlejuice
If he gets fired over this, then change it to Colliton

Ew
27 juin 2021 à 21 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,356
I think you should wait and see. Wait until the verdict is given an what/if consequences are handed down. Yes the silence is deafening though this is usual for big business and corporations and the NHL and Blackhawks fit into that category.
27 juin 2021 à 23 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851
Honestly, considering the fact that they let Aldrich walk in the first place and he ended up a sex predator in Michigan (amongst other places) is enough for me. Forget, for a second, the allegations in house. Them giving him a letter of reference and becoming a predator is unbearable. It’s shameful, ignorant, and yes, flat out criminal.

That all being said, I know many will say wait and see, but I’m so sickened by what has already happened and HAS BEEN PROVEN that I’ll never forgive the franchise for this. Pathetic.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage