SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Full 1st Round with Trades

Full 1st Round with Trades

Cuvée de repêchage: 2021
Créé par: BeterChiarelli
Publié: 24 juin 2021 à 21 h 43
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Regardless of whether or not Buffalo actually trades Jack Eichel, their focus first and foremost needs to be on the newest rebuild. Passing over Power diminishes the progress they could make with names available in the upcoming drafts. His performance at the Worlds and desire to take his development slowly and seriously puts the Sabres in an excellent position to add him to a blueline corps already headlined by Rasmus Dahlin. A prospective top centerman to replace Eichel will come in next year's draft and in a possible Eichel return.
2Logo de Kraken de Seattle-The first draft selection in Kraken history will be one made of positional need: the lack of high-end centermen available to the Kraken will force their hand in this draft in taking Matty Beniers second overall. I personally have Eklund ranked ahead of Beniers but the intersection of what constitutes their BPA and incredible organizational need makes this pick forgivable in its context. I don't see Beniers being more than a really good #2C or a poor man's #1C, but it's a start for the Kraken.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Common knowledge has Guenther blindly going to the Ducks as their system is hard up for quality wingers. I don't disagree with this ideology: however, Eklund was the most productive forward in this year's draft class, owning an NHLe above Guenther's. I see him as very much a direct replacement to Rakell and having the potential to develop into the next Elias Pettersson, and I don't think that the Ducks' management has been blind to Eklund's prowess this year. Top in CS Euro rankings and the second-best player via consensus rankings, passing on Eklund when there's a total need up front, not just at wing, seems difficult.
4Logo de Devils du New Jersey-I hate this pick in that I personally believe Hughes to be the 4th best defenceman of his class. He has a higher ceiling than Edvinsson but passing up on Clarke in order to reunite brothers seems more sentimental than intelligent. Regardless, math and consensus rankings have Hughes as the 5th best prospect and 2nd best defender in this draft. I believe Luke needs more time to develop than Quinn did but if the Devils are willing to be patient, then this pick will work out fine for them. Just seems so odd to me that they pass on a RHD quarterback when they don't have a RHD in their system.
5Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Both Beniers and Eklund going early throw a massive wrench into the Blue Jackets' plans for a quick fix to their centerman issue. Instead, I think they should look to kick off the rebuild now and possibly look to move Laine and Domi in the offseason for futures. There needs to be substantial reform in Ohio and finding an immediate replacement to Jones is a hell of a start. The future looks bleak for the Jackets, but with the talent available in upcoming drafts and the Chinakov pick looking more than inspired, I think biding their time and building from the ground up is the best way forward. I personally believe Clarke to be the best defender of this draft class but consensus has him as the third-best defender and 6th best prospect.
6Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-This might be the most Yzerman thing I can imagine: your franchise desperately needs a goaltender and a quality LHD. There happen to be two goaltenders in the upper echelon of this draft. If Yzerman is wise to the idea of Lambos going in the middle of the first round, then picking up his stud defender now while derailing Edmonton's plans to take Cossa will only reinforce the idea of Stevie Y being a wizard. Edvinsson is a very Hedman-lite defender now and but will likely bring less offense to the NHL. However, the man's a condor and owns a giant wingspan. He'll pair well with either Hronek or Seider in a few seasons as the Red Wings climb out of the NHL's basement and back into the limelight. I have him as the 3rd best defender of this class and consensus has him as the 4th best defender and 7th-best prospect.
7Logo de Sharks de San Jose-SAN JOSE TRADES PICK #7 TO OTTAWA FOR (C) LOGAN BROWN, PICK #10, AND PICK #39 I might be a bit out to lunch thinking that a top-10 pick would be traded. Guenther helps the Sharks now, why bother? Optics. Logan Brown needs a new home and would be an immediate boon to their organization, all while the Sharks return their 2nd round pick from this draft. This trade satisfies both the win-now and rebuild crowds, as all three pieces the Sharks get today will be poised to be quality pieces for their organization. The upside for the Senators here? Being gifted Guenther makes Dorion look like a master of the universe, having passed on Raymond for Sanderson last year. He gives up a 2nd round pick and a piece that ultimately wants out and at the end of the day he finds both his high-end defender and all star winger. Guenther's an unreal forward that doesn't do any one thing in particular better than anyone else, but comes as a complete package. He's (in my eyes) the most NHL-ready prospect of this draft class and I think the Senators will quickly pick up on that.
8Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Historically, I've flip-flopped on this pick. With the Red Wings passing up on Wallstedt, I think this is his second likeliest landing spot. However, I don't know if the Kings' management values goaltending (rather, picking one in the first round) as highly as I do. I think they're more apt to take Kolosov with their late 2nd and pick up a scoring winger now as they're less likely to find as high-quality a winger in next year's draft as they rise up the piss-weak Pacific division. Mason's rise up the rankings was meteoric but I think the physicality and compete level he brings on top of his NHL-ready shot is going to make him a very appealing choice for the Kings. He's the perfect winger to make room for Byfield, Kaliyev, and Turcotte. I see a real fit here. Consensus rankings have him 9th overall so it's not as if the Kings are reaching here.
9Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-I'm very hesitant with Johnson. I don't think he slides any further than the Canucks but I have a hard time agreeing with those that rank him highly. Comparisons to Marner are vastly overstated: Johnson thus far in his career has performed as RNH-lite and I don't expect this trend to change any time soon. He'll either make the league as a poor man's #2C or as a complimentary, playmaking winger good for 50-60 points annually. He's the exact kind of player the Canucks could use up front but I would be very very cautious about the expectations levied on him before he plays an NHL game. High-risk, high-reward perhaps? Consensus in the literature has him as the 8th-best prospect in this draft class.
10Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-OTTAWA TRADES (C) LOGAN BROWN, PICK #10, AND PICK #39 TO SAN JOSE FOR PICK #7 In all honestly, I think the Sharks could win this trade if Brown and the player selected at 39th maintain NHL careers in any capacity. There is a gap between what Guenther and Lucius will be but I don't think it's going to be overly wide. I see Lucius as a 40 goal RW in the NHL while Guenther may hit 30G-30A more consistently. I don't think the Sharks are actually giving up on a large difference in total points. I see Guenther as a more complimentary piece to what the Senators already have and Lucius being a much more balanced and driving piece to what the Sharks have bubbling under. Being able to bring back Logan Brown and another prospect only makes that deal so much sweeter: they find an NHL-ready piece while momentarily appeasing the crowd that wants the Sharks to seriously rebuild, as a weak Pacific division may lure the Sharks into a false sense of decency and diminished returns at next year's draft.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
Choix au repêchage retiré
12Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-All of the literature points to the Blackhawks considering trading down for Matt Coronato (don't blame them) but I think that plan will be derailed by JEsper Wallstedt becoming unexpectedly available. I banged the drum when Knight was available, I banged the drum when Askarov was available. The Blackhawks need a legitimate #1 for their future and I don't know if Comesso has the ceiling to do it. Wallstedt does however, and he's likely NHL-ready next year. Full commitment to the rebuild at this point, now the Hawks just need to focus on finding better defenders and a few more complimentary wingers. For the record, I fully believe Wallstedt to be a top-5 player in this draft but the consensus ranking has him 11th. He's a naturally better goaltender than Knight or Askarov (at this age) and Knight has done nothing but shine since entering the league for the Panthers. I'd be excited if I were Chicago.
13Logo de Flames de Calgary-CALGARY TRADES PICK #13 AND PICK #84 TO MINNESOTA FOR PICKS #22 AND #26 Seems a bit inspired, but Calgary trading down at last year's draft leads me to believe they'll likely do the same this year. They're caught in this weird purgatory of probably needing to rebuild but they don't have much in terms of prospects. Minnesota's rationale here is needing the best possible talent they can acquire as quickly as possible. I suspect they'll manage to resign Kaprizov, but the RW pool for the Wild is shockingly bare. Lysell addresses the issue of quality much more than the combination of Rosen or Robertsson could and recouping the Oilers' 3rd rounder is more than sufficient enough to tackle issues surrounding quantity. There's an observable talent drop-off after pick 20 in this draft and I believe the Wild should capitalize on the Flames' willingness to move their picks back in order to recoup more assets.
14Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I don't think there's a good pick for the Flyers here regardless of what they do regarding their overall roster construction. Sillinger is more apt to be a winger in the NHL but their biggest problems are on defence. Hart and Errson existing makes taking Cossa pretty useless too. This is strictly a BPA pick but I'd be unsurprised if Philly traded this pick for Dumba or Jones. Sillinger has slow boots and a hell of a shot. A lot of reports suspect he's apt for a top-six role but I lean towards him being more of a third-line winger that stirs the drink and can be used as a powerplay weapon. He's almost the left-handed version of Foerster actually. As per consensus rankings, he should be the 13th-best player available in this draft.
15Logo de Stars de Dallas-Another one of those picks where I flip-flop between players: I think the Stars are hard up for a winger here at #15 and it comes down to Chibrikov versus Coronato. Where I find the conclusion is in how much the Stars management likely saw Nikita during this past summer's U18s in Texas. He took over that tournament to the point where had his regular season been slightly better I suspect he'd be the one in the top-10 and not McTavish. I think Chibrikov ends up being a bit more of a playmaking winger while Coronato would be more of a finisher, but the pieces on the Stars are more apt to benefit from having Chibrikov's vision in tandem with his sneaky good shot. I think Coronato might be the better player but recency bias is a hell of a drug and even NHL front offices are apt to fall for it. It's a bit of a reach: I have Chibrikov ranked 18th overall while Coronato sits pretty at 16th overall.
16Logo de Rangers de New York-NEW YORK R. TRADES PICK #16 AND (RD) TONY DEANGELO (FOR PURPOSE OF BURIAL OR BUYOUT) TO COLUMBUS FOR PICKS #25 AND #69 Much like the Flyers, there really isn't a good pick for the Rangers here. Raty is here by consensus but I'd personally see him fall similar to how Veleno did in 2018. I think the optics behind taking another 'Finnish bust' in Raty wont sit well with Rangers fans. Instead, I think the Rangers should look to be more creative with this pick. Columbus, with their current draft wealth, has a much bigger justification in swinging big on Raty than most teams would: they need a quality pivot all sorts of badly. Jarmo, should he keep his job could be instrumental in rejuvenating Raty's young career. A potential relationship with Laine is in the mix too. If Columbus is set to through a full rebuild, getting Raty in early and giving him all the time he needs to find that stride could be paramount to long-term success. I don't think Columbus minds sweeping a year or two of DeAngelo under the rug for the sake of moving up nearly spots in the draft to grab the last half-decent center available.
17Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The Blues don't have a lot of vacant needs in their system but losing Dunn in either a trade or in expansion leaves their long-term LHD situation in mild jeopardy. I think the Blues are likely looking at drafting a run of defencemen over the next few seasons as previously-drafted forwards come into their own. Lambos is the best defenceman available (5th best defender of this class imo, 20th best prospect overall consensus) at this point (I'm personally very hesitant about what Ceulemans will become and the consensus agrees with me here) and his play has been solid on a very young and upcoming Winnipeg Ice team. I think he's four years out at minimum, maybe five, but that should line upith when the Blues are going to need him to step into their top four.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-I think the Jets will be a bit surprised that Coronato is available at 18, probably expecting him gone a few picks earlier, and they'll be happy to add him to their new, young core. I don't think adding a defenceman - the bigger piece of need for the Jets - comes by way of the draft and I suspect instead that young, quality blueliners will be added via trade or in free agency as the shift towards integrating Perfetti and Coronato happens over the next two seasons. With Vesalainen not having really worked out thus far, adding more up front to combat an aging/apathetic Wheeler seems crucial. Consensus has Coronato ranked as the 16th best prospect of the draft.
19Logo de Predators de Nashville-NASHVILLE TRADES PICK #19 TO DETROIT FOR PICKS #23 AND #70 Here lies my biggest Paranoia that only became real like two days ago. The Preds have no actual reason to make their pick at #19 when they could literally slip back four places and get one of the players on their list. I think this is the exact kind of move Yzerman makes. Cossa is the only reason Detroit makes this move: this is as far as he'll fall before there's a team seriously considering taking the giant netminder. The consensus has him ranked as the 14th-best prospect in this draft and I'd argue that akin to Wallstedt, he should be higher (I'm getting massive 2012 vibes from this draft tbh). By committing to his quality LHD earlier in the draft and Lambos having gone a few picks earlier, Yzerman walks out of the 2021 draft with the last of the 'core' pieces I believe his Red Wings will need to start moving forward long-term. Another quality LHD and perhaps another skilled forward next year can't hurt but otherwise the haul of Edvinsson and Cossa sets up Detroit's back end for the next decade plus.
20Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-EDMONTON TRADES JAMES NEAL AND PICK #20 TO NEW JERSEY FOR PICK #31 Detroit having a competent GM willing to make good moves and acquire the players he wants will throw a wrench in the plans of management. Every year one name emerges from the organizations mouthpieces: first it was Broberg, the year after it was Holloway. Thus far the only name being touted by Edmonton's media has been Cossa's. With that pick evaporating I don;t mind Edmonton using it on Othmann but I think some good can be done by moving back. New Jersey should want Othmann. His shot is one of the best in this draft and makes a haul of Hughes and Othmann incredible for the rebuilding club. Looking exclusively at *buyout cap hits* and comparing this dump to the Marleau one that Toronto inadvertently paid the Hurricanes a ransom for, the negative value associated with Neal's buyout bridges the cap in pick values between #20 and #31. In my eyes, taking on a $1.92M cap hit to move up 11 spots in a draft is a steal, regardless of the term associated (which a rebuilding Devils squad probably doesn't care about at all). Othmann's quality doesn't exist near the tail end of the first round (Consensus #19, I personally have him as a top-15 pick) as his NHLe suggests that he would have put up nearly a 1.5ppg average in the OHL. I think the Devils do well upgrading here and Edmonton frees up some vital cap space for their summer.
21Logo de Bruins de Boston-I think the Bruins just go with the best forward available given how bad their draft was last year for their organization as a whole. Pinelli may be able to be a middle-six centerman in the NHL but I suspect he'll probably carve out a career as a playmaking left wing. I think the Bruins will like his size and how well he tracks at both ends of the ice. Consensus rankings have Franky Pinelli as the 17th-best prospect of the draft, I'm a bit more skeptical and have him ranked in the mid-20s but I think his ability to be similar to a bigger, meaner Krejci will resonate well with the Bruins. Not a player I got to see a lot of as my only exposure to him was the U18s in which he was one of Canada's best. I think the Bruins are definitely getting an NHL player here but I'm left wondering as to how good of one.
22Logo de Wild du Minnesota-MINNESOTA TRADES PICKS #22 AND #26 TO CALGARY FOR PICKS #13 AND #84 I have both of Calgary's picks from Minnesota being used to address the absolute lack of quality right-handed forwards in the organization. Bourgault is the more valuable of the two he's currently being deployed as a pivot in the QMJHL. If this sticks I think Calgary might have another Lindholm-type on their hands but will otherwise ensure that the Flames have at least one quality RW prospect in their system. I really like the numbers he's put up in the QMJHL and I think the Flames will inherently value the fact that he only needs one more season in junior before he can be sent to Stockton. They won't be necessarily rushing Bourgault but he's very much a prospect they can fasttrack through their system. Consensus has Bourgault as the 21st-best prospect of the draft and I have him a hair higher.
23Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonDETROIT TRADES PICKS #23 AND #70 TO NASHVILLE FOR PICK #19 There's a quiet little Russian revolution happening in Nashville and I think Svechkov adds to that equation perfectly. Between Afanasyev, Askarov, and Trenin, there's an effective core being developed by the Predators. Svechkov has a really good defensive streak to his game and could make the NHL as a pivot but I personally believe that it'll have to be developed into him at the AHL level given the constraints of North American ice and his skating style. Otherwise, he's a defensively sound playmaking winger that can inject himself into the leadership core of any team. I personally wouldn't look to him until the second round as I believe he has both a low floor and a minor risk of not coming over but the consensus rankings have him 22nd overall and as the best forward option for the Predators with this pick.
24Logo de Panthers de la Floride-As mentioned above I'm hesitant - not skeptical - about Ceulemans given his very minor showing in both the AJHL and U18s. He was lightning in both but I suspect this is the earliest he goes in this draft. The Jets could surprise but I can't see it happening at the expense of Coronato. This pick might seem strange(?) at first given Ekblad's permanent place on the roster and Mike Benning bubbling under in the system BUT what I saw from Ceulemans at the U18s suggests there's more than just a big shot and power play presence to his game. I really think the Wisconsin group he's headed into will help him build and refine his two-way game and that he'll emerge to be an above-average defender with offensive capabilities. It'll take a lot of work on his behalf to lose the label of being just a quarterback but I think his size and skating lends themselves to it. Consensus 23rd overall but I wouldn't be shocked to see him slip into the early 2nd round.
25Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoCOLUMBUS TRADES PICKS #25 AND #69 TO NEW YORK R. FOR PICK #16 AND (RD) TONY DEANGELO (FOR PURPOSE OF BURIAL OR BUYOUT) Let the record show that I don't believe the Rangers are actually good at drafting and will look to just go with team needs here given how deep their roster is in every other position. The consensus rankings I made have Bolduc as the 32nd best prospect in the draft and I have him as an early 2nd rounder. However, I believe him to be a better pivot than Zach Dean, which the consensus ranks ahead of Zachary. The rangers also only find themselves in this situation in order to avoid Raty, which I believe would be an optics nightmare. If the Rangers can allot Bolduc the time and resources needed to enable him to make the transition into pro hockey as a center, I think they'll have a quality middle-sixer on their hands. If Ceulemans slides, I think there's a small chance the Rangers might pick him up but otherwise I think they might trade this pick back for a pair of seconds or for immediate help. It would be best suited to an actual top-six NHL pivot but I don't think a lot of those are going to be available for a late first.
26Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Penguins de PittsburghMINNESOTA TRADES PICKS #22 AND #26 TO CALGARY FOR PICKS #13 AND #84 Completing Calgary's haul of the late first round could be a genuine steal. Having seen what we have from Caufield and the similar vibes that Stankoven plays with, I think there's a very, very good chance Calgary could be walking away with the right-handed equivalent of Johnny Gaudreau near the ass-end of this round. The consensus rankings aren't as high on Stankoven (28th overall) but I believe the ceiling of this player and Calgary's desperation to sort out the issue of handedness on their roster speaks higher than what a few boffins behind keyboards think. There's certainly a degree of high-risk, high-reward with this pick, it is a bit inspired (I think any of the Swedish forwards are *safer* picks, but I think Stankoven could actually be a top-six producer), but if the Flames are serious about a proper retool and end up sending Gaudreau Stateside, they won't miss a beat once Stankoven hits the Bigs. There's potential that he'd only need one more year in junior before jumping straight into the NHL.
27Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-With the Hurricanes locked into an only-forwards-in-the-first philosophy, Rosen being a winger that can play both sides is an excellent fit given the lack of quality pivots in this draft. The consensus rankings have him 24th overall and his selection is bound to produce competition between Bokk, Gunler, Jarvis, and Suzuki (one, what a hell of a problem to have, and two how in the Sam Hill did they get Pashin in the 7th round last year). I don't have a very thorough profile of this player but I find it telling that he was kept in the SHL for so long despite the lack of production. A potential Jesper Fast replacement once that contract is up? Given the depth they have I wouldn't be surprised if one of those wingers or this pick is moved for NHL help, but with such a strong team already I don't know where they'd want to upgrade at. God damn is their prospect pool something to marvel at. Well done to their management.
28Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Another team where I kind of just have to default to a BPA selection. Without proper, bonafide centers to choose from and no reason to take a defender, the best winger available shows himself to be Olausson as a consensus #25 overall. I think the consensus rankings I'm using might be slighting Oskar a bit: his SuperElit NHLe is something the Avalanche should be very excited about, as it's high enough to justify him going about 10 spots higher. I'd be curious to see if he sticks full-time in the SHL next season; I think if he's left in the Allsvenskan for the year some serious questions may need to be asked regarding what the underlying issues of this player are. Otherwise should be NHL ready in like 2 seasons? Maybe 3?
29Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS (VIA TBL) The final piece to Columbus' first round, the kickoff to their new rebuild/retool sees them find a pivot and a defender of each handedness, which essentially boils down to the core of every rebuild. Raty and Chayka may not be high-end pieces but middle-six/top-four pieces are still always in demand and could break in the Blue Jackets' favour. Chayka himself reminds me a lot of the Oilers' Samorukov: there might not be much there, but what does exist should excite the team drafting him. There's an NHL defender in that body, but the question will remain as to how high his ceiling can get as a more defensive yet mobile defender. Could be a very good, steady piece in a matter of years thanks to his professional experience this season. The consensus rankings have him 29th overall but I think he'll be better than Lambos and Ceulemans.
30Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Islanders de New YorkVEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS Should the Knights keep Krebs AND this pick, the only real organizational need they'll have in terms of prospects will be at RW. I've always thought KRebs would be a LW at the NHL level. Robertsson is the best RW still available but does not come with the natural handedness. Not sure if that'll matter to Vegas, as Robertsson can play both wings and the Golden Knights could always run Robertsson-Krebs-Glass thanks to the pivot abilities of Krebs. My consensus rankings have him at 27th and an NHLe just under 24.5 points. Pickings are very much slim by this point in the draft and it's hard to project what teams like Carolina, Colorado, and Vegas actually *need* with their pics.
31Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayEDMONTON OILERS (VIA NJD, VIA NYI) NEW JERSEY TRADES PICK #31 TO EDMONTON FOR JAMES NEAL AND PICK #20 NHLe doesn't look favourably on the idea of Edmonton taking Pastujov here over L'Heureux but NHLe doesn't account for Sasha being one of the youngest players of this draft. However, Pastujov is ranked 26th in the consensus rankings while L'Heureux is 30th. Should the Oilers keep this pick as opposed to trading back into the second round, I do believe this to be the best the Oilers can grab at #31. I think Pastujov is one of those special players that could make the jump right after a year or two in the NCAA and would be in direct competition with Savoie for a roster spot, the loser getting the bonus year in the AHL. I think there'll be a subsection of the fans unhappy that the Oilers are grabbing someone two or three years out from being an impact on the roster but Holland has stayed true to building long-term success. Being able to move Neal's buyout in this trade while still getting a top prospect I think is a job well done.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-MONTREAL CANADIENS The culmination of the first round results in the Habs finding a local boy at the end of the draft. Years of excellent drafting have left the Canadiens with no objective needs, maybe RHD but there aren't one of those immediately available until the middle of the second round. This draft was heavy on top-end defenders and left little for the mid-late first. A lot of draft philosophies suggest that swinging on defencemen in the later rounds produces more NHL players than taking forwards, thus the BPA is L'Heureux. Could be a Drouin replacement BUT if the rumours regarding why he left the team are true, it may be wise for the Habs to avoid drafting another hometown boy and look to a Zach Dean or Dylan Duke as the last pick of the draft.
24 juin 2021 à 21 h 48
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Hi I'm Beter and I think about off-ice hockey stuff way too often!

This mock draft is a consensus across multiple outlets: Central Scouting, McKenzie, EPRinkside, McKeens, FCHockey, Pronman, Wheeler, and Edmonton's own Lowetide (really good NHLe work in his draft rankings) are all considered. A proper average of where each player ranks is made out of their rankings and then team needs are considered against BPA. This mock draft has taken me about 2 months to make and I'll probably update it a week or so before the draft as a few more final lists are released.

Trades are just things I come up with off the top of my head: I like to think they make some degree of sense. I use:

https://bluebulletreport.com/2020/10/05/2020-nhl-draft-rankings/

for draft pick values, but next year I'll probably incorporate Dom Luszczyszyn's GSVA draft pick values next year as I learn to incorporate more analytics to my work.

None of this is absolute. I'm only intimate with the Oilers and Leafs top-to-bottom and have an innate familiarity with a couple other clubs. Otherwise it's mostly guesswork and cross-referencing against other AGMs, mock drafts, and organizational depth charts. Enjoy!
DevilsFanZack13 et Zinger a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 17
Devils Guy
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 361
Love your mock draft and descriptions. Great job. As a Devils fan, I'm ok with drafting Luke Hughes at #4. He's going to Michigan next year so he can continue to develop. Everyone is saying he's not going to be as good as Quinn, but with great puck handling, skating and skill, I'm okay with taking Hughes over Clarke. The only defenseman me personally I would take over Hughes is Power, but there's no chance he's available at 4.
BeterChiarelli a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
Love your mock draft and descriptions. Great job. As a Devils fan, I'm ok with drafting Luke Hughes at #4. He's going to Michigan next year so he can continue to develop. Everyone is saying he's not going to be as good as Quinn, but with great puck handling, skating and skill, I'm okay with taking Hughes over Clarke. The only defenseman me personally I would take over Hughes is Power, but there's no chance he's available at 4.

Yeah I'm much more preferential of Clarke going to the Devils - I think he's the bigger need and better player right now - but there seems to be a very strong surge around the idea of uniting Jack and Luke. If they give him the time, he'll be better than Smith which is saying something.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 24
Devils Guy
Mentions "j'aime": 361
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Yeah I'm much more preferential of Clarke going to the Devils - I think he's the bigger need and better player right now - but there seems to be a very strong surge around the idea of uniting Jack and Luke. If they give him the time, he'll be better than Smith which is saying something.

Now, if both Hughes and Power go in the top 3, I would draft Clarke at 4. But I see it going Power,Beniers and then either Edvinsson/Eklund/Guenther going to the Ducks, I don't see the Ducks drafting Hughes.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 27
Your deal is bad
Mentions "j'aime": 530
I don't mind the Rosen pick, but the owner said that the "no defensemen in the first" quote was only for the top 15 picks in the draft.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 37
Jackson
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 45
the descriptions are amazing but Logan Stankoven is a seconder rounder to me with being one of the smallest players in the draft and his skating issue first round is to early for me
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
Now, if both Hughes and Power go in the top 3, I would draft Clarke at 4. But I see it going Power,Beniers and then either Edvinsson/Eklund/Guenther going to the Ducks, I don't see the Ducks drafting Hughes.

The Ducks could surprise: I think that they're looking to next year to possibly grab a blueliner but the high-end forwards are going to be better next year.

Granted I'm expecting that Lindholm and Rakell pull them some assets that they could use to grab a quality defender or two. Who knows. Not me. Best to work with what you have now and take the skilled forward now.
24 juin 2021 à 22 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: AvsFan16
the descriptions are amazing but Logan Stankoven is a seconder rounder to me with being one of the smallest players in the draft and his skating issue first round is to early for me

I agree but a lot of the verbiage around him makes it seem like his skating is something that can be resolved with the proper trainer.

Size is one of those things that gets punished by the old Hockey Men brainthink. Debrincat is an absolute star and Caufield is already running away with next year's Calder. Might be time to start betting on the little guy.
AvsFan16 a aimé ceci.
24 juin 2021 à 23 h 10
Jackson
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
I agree but a lot of the verbiage around him makes it seem like his skating is something that can be resolved with the proper trainer.

Size is one of those things that gets punished by the old Hockey Men brainthink. Debrincat is an absolute star and Caufield is already running away with next year's Calder. Might be time to start betting on the little guy.

they are both elitle skaters
24 juin 2021 à 23 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: AvsFan16
they are both elitle skaters

Counterpoint: Stankoven is 18. It's absolutely something he can work on. Draisaitl was touted as a piss-poor skater in his draft year, took half a year to work on it, and now nobody questions it.
24 juin 2021 à 23 h 58
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Great Mock! Amazing pick explanations too. You did an awesome job on this!
25 juin 2021 à 2 h 23
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,867
I like the trade down for SJ a lot, but I think if Wallstedt was still available at 10 (like he is here), the Sharks would go for him. Not 100% sure on that but Jesper would be my first choice at 10, even though Lucius isn't bad either.
25 juin 2021 à 8 h 51
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,943
Great mock, really great stuff here, I can tell you put alot of effort in here.

Speaking on the Ducks, I would so much rather get Eklund (my number 3 prospect in the class) over Guenther (Sample size is way to small for a top 3 pick imo)

The Ducks could go so many different direction at 3 (Assuming some combo of Power-Beniers at 1 and 2)

Eklund, Guenther, Clarke, Hughes, Edvinsson and McTavish are all players I wouldnt be shocked to see us take if we dont trade the pick.

My top 3 choices (no order, yet) Eklund (Arguably best forward in the class), Clarke (Outside of Drysdale, Axel Andersson is our next best RHD), Edvinsson (Drooling at the thought of a Edvinsson-Drysdale pairing) with Guenther at 4 for me.

Again, great work on this mock!
25 juin 2021 à 9 h 9
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,615
One is is Lysell is exactly what need Right now. A right handed right wing?
25 juin 2021 à 12 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Gmonwy
One is is Lysell is exactly what need Right now. A right handed right wing?

Went quantity over quality for the Flames figuring that one strong investment in the position this season remediates the long-term issues and our regularly scheduled drafting can commence right after.

For what it's worth, math, Lowetide, and myself value Bourgault over Lysell. I think there's more compete and more of an 'underdog' feel to Xavier. Stankoven is feast or famine. I think the Flames walk away with more from this trade even if the Wild find the better prospect.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage