SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Morgan Rielly Situation

18 juin 2021 à 0 h 19
Zach
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 112
With Mo there are, in my opinion, four destinations he can go to.
1. Vancouver: he is from Vancouver and probably eventually wants to play out west, Vancouver needs pieces to help support their core of Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, and Miller. Who better than a puck moving defensemen who is able to jump into the rush at any time and get you 30+ points a season. A trade will probably involve Tyler Motte, Olli Juolevi and a pick or two.
2. Winnipeg: Winnipeg is in need to some tuning up this offseason, they made it to the second round of the playoffs but ran out of steam going into the second round. I think there could be a possibility Winnipeg looks to move Pierre-Luc Dubois. And if that's the case I would like to see Toronto try a Morgan Rielly and near-ready NHL prospect for PLC. I think he can use a change of scenery and adding a Morgan Rielly to the Jets defense can help them out a lot
3. Carolina: It is looking more likely that Dougie could be leaving Carolina this offseason. Their best bet might be a sign-and-trade to re-coop some assets for a player destined to leave. I think Toronto would definitely be interested in a deal here, probably a package surrounding Morgan, Liljgren and a pick. This trade gives Toronto a number one puck moving defensemen and Carolina is able to get a lesser version of Dougie, a prospect with high upside and pick for someone they would've lost for nothing
4. Flyers: If the Flyers feel that this year was not a fluke and they need to make changes, they can look at a guy like Rielly. In this scenario I am assuming Gostisbehere was taken by Seattle in the draft with some assets or was traded away as a cap dump. This trade would look like Rielly, SDA, Kokkonen and an early picked (conditioned if Rielly resigns or not) for Konecny and Hagg
18 juin 2021 à 0 h 26
Mcdavidssocks
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 460
WPG's not getting rid of PLD lmao what would be the point of picking him up for a strictly offensive dman who will be overpaid.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
18 juin 2021 à 0 h 32
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305
PLD was a big disappointment but the Jets aren't trading him for a rental, Rielly doesn't waive for Winnipeg anyway.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
19 juin 2021 à 10 h 43
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Dougie's a UFA, he has next to no value.

The first would be heading to Toronto in a Mo Dougie swap.
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2021 à 14 h 5
Please win the cup
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 187
I don't get the hate for Reilly...
BigDaddyOvech a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2021 à 17 h 7
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003

Agreed. He was easily their best player in game 7 and was the only notably Leaf who seemed to actually be trying to win the game. If the window is now, there's no need to rush and trade him.
23 juin 2021 à 14 h 59
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724

its not hate its more like decision time

Rielly was good at one point but has slowly started to fall

He should have easily got 50 points in the North but at times he struggled hard

With his contract being up in 2022 and with the flat cap cant see the Leafs affording his 7+ mill extension so why not move him while his value is high
Trickster a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2021 à 21 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Zach
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 112
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Agreed. He was easily their best player in game 7 and was the only notably Leaf who seemed to actually be trying to win the game. If the window is now, there's no need to rush and trade him.

I don't hate him at all, I am actually a huge fan of his. My main concern is that his contract is up after this year and unless he takes a discount in the offseason I do not want to risk losing him for free. I'd rather get assets for him and use those assets as cheaper, cost-controlled options
Saskleaf et Trickster a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2021 à 1 h 42
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 553
The dream is Muzzin playing top line LD with mobile RD with a big shot, Sandin 2nd pair with Brodie on RD (hopefully seamless transition from Rielly to Sandin), and the third line Of Dermott and a cheaper stay at home LD/RD maybe Greene or Cole and then Lijlegren can get into a couple games
26 juin 2021 à 21 h 20
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601
Quoting: GarthBrooks
The dream is Muzzin playing top line LD with mobile RD with a big shot, Sandin 2nd pair with Brodie on RD (hopefully seamless transition from Rielly to Sandin), and the third line Of Dermott and a cheaper stay at home LD/RD maybe Greene or Cole and then Lijlegren can get into a couple games

I don't know why everyone thinks it's a good idea to have Sandin play more than 3rd pair minutes. Honesty, he has not yet earned the 3rd pair role yet.

He should get every opportunity to earn that 3rd pair spot come pre-season but it's a mistake to hand him anything more.
Trickster a aimé ceci.
8 juill. 2021 à 22 h 11
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech

jumping in late here but im on the trade Rielly train because I think resigning him with Sandin on his way will cause a logjam and we could use the money on say Dougie Hamilton, or even just better depth
9 juill. 2021 à 16 h 16
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Quoting: aadoyle
its not hate its more like decision time

Rielly was good at one point but has slowly started to fall

He should have easily got 50 points in the North but at times he struggled hard

With his contract being up in 2022 and with the flat cap cant see the Leafs affording his 7+ mill extension so why not move him while his value is high

You hit the nail right on the head.
While letting Rielly walk is an option, I think management needs to send a message to the locker room that lack of results in the playoffs is unacceptable.

Rielly is easy target as fall guy.
And he is long tendered Leaf leader.

Trading him would get the message across.

There plenty of ideas for replacements but finding the right is key.
IMO the best route is via trade and trading for a guy that is "almost there" is the move.

Couple of guys fit that bill but who is available and at what price is what it will boil down to.

No one is going give the Leafs the guy at the level we need, meaning elite two way.
9 juill. 2021 à 21 h 2
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,601

Why is it automatically hate?
The team is up against the cap and Rielly has this upcoming season left on his contract. I'm not sure Leafs can afford Rielly under a new deal so the natural thing is to trade him.

I really don't understand the hate thing. It was the same with Andersen. It's not hate, sometimes ya just gotta move on.
Trickster a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage