SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Toronto Maple Leafs signed Jason Spezza (1 Year / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

17 juin 2021 à 8 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Why does age matter whatsoever? He was good in the regular season and the playoffs.

He also had his best P/GP since the '16-'17 season with Dallas, which is kind of a red flag for me. Then again a lot of guys had career years playing in the North division this year. If TOR expects to get the same production from Spezza as this year, I think they're going to be disappointed.
17 juin 2021 à 9 h 20
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Quoting: ON3M4N
He also had his best P/GP since the '16-'17 season with Dallas, which is kind of a red flag for me. Then again a lot of guys had career years playing in the North division this year. If TOR expects to get the same production from Spezza as this year, I think they're going to be disappointed.

The thing is, they don't need to get the same production. With his minutes this year. he produced like a top 6 forward. As long as he can be an offensive 4th liner next year, it's still a win. Even if he's not an NHL forward next year, it's league minimum so who cares.
17 juin 2021 à 10 h 48
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Yes, I live playing devil's advocate, that's literally my persona

PS: I'm still not over my unjust dismissal in that game.

Well, ok. I guess I'm not gonna question it as long as people don't consider it trolling.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
17 juin 2021 à 14 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
He's closing in on 1,000 points. Hope he gets there next season.
17 juin 2021 à 18 h 14
hey look a squirrel
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,744
Quoting: ON3M4N
No one is butthurt that Toronto signed Spezza laugh

Your emoji and other posts scream otherwise to me.
17 juin 2021 à 18 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,562
Quoting: Trickster
Your emoji and other posts scream otherwise to me.

Ya because 38yr old Spezza who barley logged 11 minutes a night was going to be such a sought after FA this off-season.
17 juin 2021 à 18 h 51
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Why are you comparing two different players? Heatley at 32 was washed. St.Louis at 39 was elite

the guy had his best season in 4 seasons in you want to compare him to St.Louis.
That's why I compare him to Thornton. The play is clearly downside for years now. You just hope and pray he is going to perform decently. There are so many younger players who offer more. But people like you clutch on. All in a name and familiarity.
18 juin 2021 à 9 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Quoting: pharrow
the guy had his best season in 4 seasons in you want to compare him to St.Louis.
That's why I compare him to Thornton. The play is clearly downside for years now. You just hope and pray he is going to perform decently. There are so many younger players who offer more. But people like you clutch on. All in a name and familiarity.

And Yet on some nights played better and more consistently than someone being paid around 11 Mil on the same team. He's good depth and shows up when others don't yes he's getting older as all players do but he's still good at the game, still is good when it comes to winning faceoffs.

They lose nothing with this contract, if they wanna play young they can just sit him for games, to have a player who can play like him for the cost he is receiving is just worth it. He's asking for nothing for the chance to help bring a team who struggles with Consistency some consistency with a player who is trying every game because it could be his last game.

And if you wanna talk age Corey Perry plays fantastic for the Montreal Canadians being only 2 years younger than a guy like Spezza but still makes an impact while some of the other big stars were struggling early. You can keep saying younger players over more and yet some of the old guys are the ones actually doing the work for all the teams even if you can't see it.
18 juin 2021 à 9 h 44
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: ZeusPoison
And Yet on some nights played better and more consistently than someone being paid around 11 Mil on the same team. He's good depth and shows up when others don't yes he's getting older as all players do but he's still good at the game, still is good when it comes to winning faceoffs.

They lose nothing with this contract, if they wanna play young they can just sit him for games, to have a player who can play like him for the cost he is receiving is just worth it. He's asking for nothing for the chance to help bring a team who struggles with Consistency some consistency with a player who is trying every game because it could be his last game.

And if you wanna talk age Corey Perry plays fantastic for the Montreal Canadians being only 2 years younger than a guy like Spezza but still makes an impact while some of the other big stars were struggling early. You can keep saying younger players over more and yet some of the old guys are the ones actually doing the work for all the teams even if you can't see it.

Leafs fans made the same arguments with Thronton last year. As I sat there and said, that's a bad move.....well guess what. Learn from experience already.

This does not help them win.
If you can't figure that out, if you want to clutch onto all this detached from reality point of view, that's really on you.
But the guy is 39 next year. He's done.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage