Forums/Armchair-GM

Realistic Off-Season

Créé par: TrueCanuck
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 11 juin 2021
Publié: 11 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I see this at the most likely look at an off-season, and if I were a Leafs fan I wouldn't hate it considering the circumstances. I highly doubt any of the big 4 are moved, I think if a huge move were to come it would be moving Morgan Rielly. but that seems unlikely as well. It's going to be an off-season fuelled by rumours (thanks CJ), but definitely an interesting and key point for Toronto.

As for the draft, I've posted prospects before that I think Toronto should look at. Based on my own scouting reports, this is who I think Toronto should pick:

2nd round, 59th overall - (C) Oliver Kapanen - KalPa (u20 SM-sarja)

5th round, 155th overall - (D) Hugo Gabrielson - Frolunda HC (J20 Nationell)

6th round, 187th overall - (C) Josh Doan - Chicago Steel (USHL)

6th round, 191st overall - (D) Luke Mittelstadt - Eden Prarie High (USHS-MN)

*If you'd like an opinion or personal scouting report on any of these players, just ask in the comments*

The main need will be to re-establish the team's depth with players who have performed in playoffs before. From there, it's on the core to start performing when it matters most otherwise next off-season will likely see drastic changes. I see Toronto likely rolling with the 20 man roster again this season. Because of their cap situation it makes it incredibly difficult to have healthy scratches on the roster, but with the Marlies right down the street (literally) it's not a problem calling people up and managing the cap. They've done a great job at doing this for the last 2 seasons and I don't see it being a problem again this season.

Thoughts?
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1756 000 $
2817 500 $
11 075 000 $
21 650 000 $
1896 875 $
1775 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
21 175 000 $
65 250 000 $
1900 000 $
11 075 000 $
1800 000 $
1750 000 $
1825 000 $
1750 000 $
1800 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
Offres hostiles
Le salaire annuel moyen (AAV) de l'offre hostile est calculé en divisant la valeur totale du contrat par: 1. La durée totale du contrat, ou 2. Cinq ans
JOUEURAAVCOMPENSATION
Athanasiou, Andreas1 075 000 $Aucune compensation
Senyshyn, Zach775 000 $Aucune compensation
Transactions
TOR
  1. Carrier, William
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2021 (VGK)
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (VAN)
VGK
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Détails additionnels:
Leafs sell on Kerfoot after being one of their top 3 playoff performers but being at risk of losing him for nothing to Seattle. The main piece coming back is the 2022 3rd round pick (VAN) and cap space for the team to sign pending UFA's. Leafs also receive a 4th line physical role player to that brings energy most shifts and is fairly decent defensively. Finally Toronto adds a late round pick in a wild card draft to add to a prospect system that's lacking in quantity.

Vegas receives Kerfoot who's extremely versatile, being able to play any position in the top 9 while also being able to play power-play and penalty kill minutes. Kerfoot comes with team control at 2 more years on a very reasonable $3.5M. Likely replaces a player like Mattias Janmark who Vegas added for their playoff run this season.
TOR
    Seattle Kraken are compensated with a 2023 5th round pick (TOR) for ensuring they will select Travis Dermott. Toronto makes this deal with a handshake agreement on a contract extension with Zach Hyman.

Leafs protect 8 skaters + 1 goalie (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Brodie, and Campbell).
    SEA
    1. Dermott, Travis [Droits de RFA]
    2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Dvorak, Christian
    2. Hill, Adin [Droits de RFA]
    3. Choix de 5e ronde en 2022 (ARI)
    ARI
    1. Abramov, Mikhail
    2. Niemelä, Topi [Liste de réserve]
    3. Vehvilainen, Veini [Droits de RFA]
    4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (TOR)
    Détails additionnels:
    The big move of the off-season for the Leafs comes from the rumour started by Chris Johnston that everyone's heard by now. I see Dubas targeting someone who plays a similar game to Nick Foligno, which is a versatile top 9 forward who plays a solid 2way game, but can jump into the top 6 if needed. CJ didn't say exactly who was being targeted, but Christian Dvorak fits everything Toronto needs in a player right now so I can definitely see a move being made. He's a 200ft player that can be a shutdown centre or can jump into that top 6 spot on the left side beside either Matthews/Marner or Tavares/Nylander. He's also a player that can help be a net front presence on the PP and give Toronto a boost on a PP that has struggled for 2 seasons now. He comes with multiple years left on his deal at a relatively reasonable cap hit for Toronto to manage while fitting the age of the core perfectly. Add in his history of playing with Marner in junior, and it seems like a perfect fit. I could also see Dubas looking to address the backup goalie situation in the same deal, as he's done in the past with the Clifford/Campbell deal. Here is where I like Adin Hill. Hill has been putting up solid numbers in Arizona for 2 seasons and will likely be looking for more of a shot at a starter's role soon. In Arizona, unless they move Kuemper, he really won't get that opportunity. In Toronto however, he comes in to immediately battle with Campbell for the starter's role, and while the edge may be in Campbell's favour, there's room for competition in net. With Campbell only having 1 season remaining on his contract, it gives Hill a better shot at a long term starter's role.

For Arizona, a big part of this deal is real money moved. They're not typically a wealthy franchise, so saving any kind of money is key. That being said, back at the deadline when they were rumoured to be listening to offers on Connor Garland, it was said that they were only willing to do so if they could restock their depleted farm system: they do that here by moving Dvorak instead. Arizona receives a highly offensive prospect in Mikhail Abramov who tore up the QMJHL, similar to Garland. Abarmov has been known as a great analytical prospect as well, so a future with him in Arizona's top 6 is a high possibility. They also receive a very good right handed defence prospect in Topi Niemela. Niemela's value shot up after being named the top defenceman in the u20 World Juniors, but he ceiling is still likely a #3-4 defenceman. The Coyotes also add a cheap backup option in Veini Vehvilainen, who's excelled in Europe but it hasn't translated to NHL success yet. However, if he's put in a good defensive system he should be a capable backup behind Kuemper, and he'll be a cheap option that can pass through waivers without worrying about getting claimed. Finally, the Coyotes add a relatively high draft pick after losing a high pick due to their scouting scandal that helps restock the prospect system even more.
    TOR
    1. Kylington, Oliver [Droits de RFA]
    CGY
    1. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
    Détails additionnels:
    For Toronto, they look to add another puck moving left handed defenceman. After Morgan Rielly and Rasmus Sandin it gets pretty thin, so some depth in case of injury will be needed. Oliver Kylington is a guy that was praised in his draft year for his skating and puck moving but ultimately fell to 60th overall due to his defensive ability. Rumours were out that Toronto wanted to take him with the 61st pick, but ultimately he wasn't available. In him they add a depth defenceman that can come into a more offensive coaching system where he may be able to fit better.

As for Calgary, they've been repeatedly reported as looking at wanting more right shooting forwards, and as much as Der-Arguchintsev isn't NHL ready yet, he could be in a few years time. The Flames see this as a change of scenery trade for Kylington who was placed on waivers earlier this season, so doesn't have much trade value at the moment.
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    Logo de TOR
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2081 500 000 $81 194 783 $0 $0 $305 217 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    1 075 000 $1 075 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
    11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
    AD
    UFA - 3
    1 075 000 $1 075 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 1
    11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
    C, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 4
    1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
    4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
    C
    UFA - 4
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 7
    Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
    DG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    894 167 $894 167 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    11 juin 2021 à 17 h 53
    Bedard23
    Rejoint: mai 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
    Rob Blake matches
    11 juin 2021 à 17 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    Rejoint: mars 2021
    Mentions "j'aime": 909
    Quoting: IconicHawk
    Rob Blake matches

Lmao.

I see Athanasiou as a guy that likely doesn't get a qualifying offer and becomes a UFA. So that's not really a offer sheet, it's a UFA signing.
    11 juin 2021 à 17 h 56
    TopDawgReese
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 253
    I'll be truly honest I think Dubas will draw the line at Hyman. Ik its hard to say and think of but its the reality. I see Edmonton throwing ridiculous money at him and he'll accept. I think they're gonna go after Brandon Saad in the off-season. Will along Matthew and Marner. I also think Liljegren is getting his shot this year.
    TrueCanuck a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 17 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    Quoting: MauriceArthur15
    I'll be truly honest I think Dubas will draw the line at Hyman. Ik its hard to say and think of but its the reality. I see Edmonton throwing ridiculous money at him and he'll accept. I think they're gonna go after Brandon Saad in the off-season. Will along Matthew and Marner. I also think Liljegren is getting his shot this year.

I see Toronto having the advantage in terms of real money. If he AAV is around $5M, Toronto can fit him in the cap. From there, Toronto can offer larger signing bonuses that any other team in the league. IN a pandemic world right now, more real money up front could be an easy sell for a lower AAV. They way I picture the deal being made Hyman can get up to 70% of the money in the first 3 seasons. Honestly I don't see a problem fitting him in unless he really wants to leave and chase more money long term when he likely gets bought out by the time he's 34-35 anyways.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 5
    Rejoint: juin 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 19,289
    Kerfoot doesn't do anything for Vegas, he would probably be their 4C next year if at all. Arizona doesn't consider that
    OldNYIfan et PerpetuallySad a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 6
    TopDawgReese
    Quoting: TrueCanuck
    I see Toronto having the advantage in terms of real money. If he AAV is around $5M, Toronto can fit him in the cap. From there, Toronto can offer larger signing bonuses that any other team in the league. IN a pandemic world right now, more real money up front could be an easy sell for a lower AAV. They way I picture the deal being made Hyman can get up to 70% of the money in the first 3 seasons. Honestly I don't see a problem fitting him in unless he really wants to leave and chase more money long term when he likely gets bought out by the time he's 34-35 anyways.

Yea, I was saying that. If they do that they'll lower the AAV. For eg. 24 million for 6 year. His AAV will be 4 million a lot will be paid out by the end of the 4 year. So it would be structured like:

Year 1: Signing bonus 8 million 500k Salary
    Year 2: Signing Bonus 5 million 500k salary
    Year 3: Signing bonus 4 Million 500k Salary
    Year 4: Signing bonus 2 Million 500k Salary
    Year 5: Signing bonus 1 million 500k Salary
    Year 6: Signing Bonus 1 million 500k Salary

Total: Signing Bonus 21 million Salary 3 million
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 9
    What in tarnation
    Rejoint: oct. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
    I don't think VGK accepts, and frankly even they did, I don't think this team is fundamentally any better than it was this year. They keep on having the same problems as in the past.
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 10
    TopDawgReese
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Kerfoot doesn't do anything for Vegas, he would probably be their 4C next year if at all. Arizona doesn't consider that

Honestly why does everyone come on these forums and immediately says this team does't consider or that player doesn't have value. Bud Kerfoot had 6 points in 7 playoff games. That stuff holds value. He showed he could play 2nd line centre after Folingo and Tavares went down. I'll give you a cold heart truth. Kerfoot is better offensively and defensively than Chanlder Stephenson.
    TrueCanuck a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 11
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect

Funny because I've had a Vegas fan actually say that Kerfoot fits there and something similar to this deal would be something very interesting to look at. So I'm not sure where how you say he doesn't fit if you're a Flames fan.

& even funnier that you say Arizona doesn't consider it when they're losing a lot of money which helps them financially and they gain 2 B+ prospects, a goaltender that can fill the role they just lost, and a pick. It's actually an overpayment by Toronto.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 12
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    Yea, I was saying that. If they do that they'll lower the AAV. For eg. 24 million for 6 year. His AAV will be 4 million a lot will be paid out by the end of the 4 year. So it would be structured like:

Yeah something like that. Although I don't see his AAV coming in around $4M. I see him as likely between $4.75M - $5.25M
    MauriceArthur15 a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 15
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    Quoting: justaBoss
    I don't think VGK accepts, and frankly even they did, I don't think this team is fundamentally any better than it was this year. They keep on having the same problems as in the past.

Honestly why does everyone come on these forums and immediately says this team does't consider or that player doesn't have value. Bud Kerfoot had 6 points in 7 playoff games. That stuff holds value. He showed he could play 2nd line centre after Folingo and Tavares went down. I'll give you a cold heart truth. Kerfoot is better offensively and defensively than Chanlder Stephenson.

I've actually had a Vegas fan say that Kerfoot would fit well in Vegas for around this price. So I'm not too concerned with people saying he won't fit.

@VGKNation702 care to jump in and back me up here?
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 15

I never said Kerfoot doesn't have value, that's likely why Seattle selects him. As for him vs Stephenson, no you have it backwards. Stephenson is definitely better and ideally Vegas is moving him to 3C next year. Even if they don't Kerfoot just causes more cap issues for Vegas and blocks their NHL ready young guys in Glass and Krebs
    OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 17
    TopDawgReese
    Yeah something like that. Although I don't see his AAV coming in around $4M. I see him as likely between $4.75M - $5.25M

This what I Think they'll try to convince him with. If he does sign an AAV of 4 million we have more than enough to go after a Brandon Saad as well and get depth. Plus I see us giving Robertson a shot and Lilijegren. We will save cap in those regards.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 19
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    I never said Kerfoot doesn't have value, that's likely why Seattle selects him. As for him vs Stephenson, no you have it backwards. Stephenson is definitely better and ideally Vegas is moving him to 3C next year. Even if they don't Kerfoot just causes more cap issues for Vegas and blocks their NHL ready young guys in Glass and Krebs

Toronto likely moves Kerfoot before Seattle has a chance to select him.

& Kerfoot and Stephenson are both similar defensively and offensively actually but Kerfoot is the better forechecker. Again, if you don't think Kerfoot fits into Vegas' system then you don't watch Vegas. A high pace, quick skating, versatile forchecking top 9 forward is exactly what fits there. Look at Janmark, he seems to have fit in well and he's similar to Kerfoot.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 20
    TopDawgReese

Bud Glass is at best a 3rd line centre. Plus Riley Smith is more than likely gone due to cap constraints. Krebs is a winger idk if you can convert him to centre. Kerfoot is a. good player and would fit nicely between Stone and Pats. Plus its a 1yr contract.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 21
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    This what I Think they'll try to convince him with. If he does sign an AAV of 4 million we have more than enough to go after a Brandon Saad as well and get depth. Plus I see us giving Robertson a shot and Lilijegren. We will save cap in those regards.

I beleive the Leafs or maybe it was CJ already said that Robertson is likely playing the whole season in the AHL level and from what I've seen ad scouted of the guy, he's not NHL ready yet. He needs to develop a more NHL style game, it's still too much junior in him right now.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 21
    VGKNation702
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,598
    I've actually had a Vegas fan say that Kerfoot would fit well in Vegas for around this price. So I'm not too concerned with people saying he won't fit.

VGKNation702 care to jump in and back me up here?

Vgk would most likely accept this trade. Valuable depth. Can’t see a reason why we wouldn’t with the emergence of Kolesar
    TrueCanuck a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 22
    VGKNation702
    Rejoint: mai 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,598
    Bud Glass is at best a 3rd line centre. Plus Riley Smith is more than likely gone due to cap constraints. Krebs is a winger idk if you can convert him to centre. Kerfoot is a. good player and would fit nicely between Stone and Pats. Plus its a 1yr contract.

Reilly isn’t going anywhere lol. He’s not going to get more on the open market than 5, and he could take less to stay….
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 26
    Funny because I've had a Vegas fan actually say that Kerfoot fits there and something similar to this deal would be something very interesting to look at. So I'm not sure where how you say he doesn't fit if you're a Flames fan.

Wow 1 Vegas fan? Tell me how does Kerfoot help with their cap issues? Not sure how me being a Flames fan means anything here, I know a lot about a lot of teams, Read my Toronto thread for example
    & even funnier that you say Arizona doesn't consider it when they're losing a lot of money which helps them financially and they gain 2 B+ prospects, a goaltender that can fill the role they just lost, and a pick. It's actually an overpayment by Toronto.

Wow everything you said in this one is absurdly wrong LOL
    1. Arizona is not in financial issues anymore
    2. 2 "B+" prospects and an ECHL goalie doesn't get you a top 6 center on a very very good contract and a young future NHL starter, and you had the audacity to say Toronto is overpaying? LMAO
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 26
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect

a Vegas lineup of:

Pacioretty - Karlsson - Stone
    Marchessault - Kerfoot - Smith
    Stephenson - Roy - Tuch
    Krebs - Glass - Reaves

Theodore - Pietrangelo
    McNabb - Whitecloud
    Hague - Holden

Lehner
    Fleury

Leaves Vegas with $1,840,061M in cap space, with no major RFA's or UFA's to sign. Not to mention that Fleury is likely traded this off-season so that frees up $7M in additional cap space. So please, tell me exactly how this causes anymore cap issues when Kerfoot is only $2.1M more than Carrier that they gave up, and he's miles better than Carrier?
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect

I'll take a Vegas' fan opinion that likely follows and knows more about the team than a Flames fan any day. So we can put that one to rest.

Also, in what world in Dvorak a top 6 centre? IF that's you're argument then you might wanna re-evaluate what you know about Dvorak because he's definitely not a top 6 centre. Your opinions can't seem to be more off today.
    VGKNation702 a aimé ceci.
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 30

LMAO what? If Glass is at best a 3C then Sandin is at best a 3rd pair defenseman. Let the kid develop lol
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 34
    The 1 True GM
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 160

Thats not how contracts can be structured! Front heavy contracts like that are not allowed
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 35
    Démarrer sujet
    Roster Architect
    LMAO what? If Glass is at best a 3C then Sandin is at best a 3rd pair defenseman. Let the kid develop lol

Right now, yes Sandin is a 3rd pair defenceman. But also right now, Glass is a 3C at best who's struggled at the NHL level so far. He might be closer to a 4th line centre right now, but has 2C upside. But he's 22 so he needs to figure things out fast. At least Sandin has had some success playing on a top pair and he's shown glimpses of being able to take more responsibility and he plays a tougher position than Glass. I could be wrong, but I don't remember if Glass has ever even tried top line minutes at his position so far in the NHL so that's a rather bad comparison.

But I can see why you're a Flames fan now: because today you're on fire with your opinions and they're all going up in Flames!
    11 juin 2021 à 18 h 38
    TopDawgReese

Bud we are 4 years removed from that draft. One was a top 6 pick that can be a solid 3rd line centre. Like look at the centres you missed out on. Necas, Suzuki (whom you traded), Chytil, Norris and Robert Thomas.

FYI Sandin was picked at 29th and played his 1st season. There's a reason why he's gonna be a top pairing Defenceman in this league

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage