Forums/Armchair-GM

What I hate about people here

Créé par: Taz
Équipe: 2021-22 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 9 juin 2021
Publié: 9 juin 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
1) Stop making unfair trades that only fits your team. The first thing you should do before posting your team is having a reverse look. Take the other team GM's spot for a second and ask yourself ''Would I make this deal?'' If the answer is NO, just don't post your team, don't waste our time.

2) If you want good constructive criticism, be clear about your intentions, especially if you trade for someone who extends before trade, GOD DAMN TELL IT. It changes the whole value of the trade. Also, if you're targetting a player but not sure about his value you, mention it. There is a description box on the top and also text space on every trade you make, no reasons for not being clear.

3) Evaluate every aspects of your trades. Player's value is a main thing, but also try to balance cap of your trades. If you want to shed salary, you need to put more value your side. Also look financial situation of your trade partner, if they don't have cap space they won't take your cap dumps, even if you overpay. You need to check lengths of the contracts of the players involved, a player on a friendly deal for 5 years is worth a lot more than an UFA incoming in one year. Double-check that before posting, don't waste our time.

4) Retains salary usually serves for rental players (retaining 50% for a playoff push for a team locked with cap). If your team gave too much big contracts to his players and you still want to shake it, there's no way you'll make 3 summer trades with multiple years retention. If you can't fit the best player on the market, target smaller salaries, no team will make 2.000.000 retention for 5 years, this is completely ridiculous.

5) Be aware with blockbuster trades, 10+ players involve in a trade just don't happen, its not realistic.

6) Major shakeup or not, your team won't bring the 3 best players on the trade market and the 5 best UFA the same year. Like c'mon there will be 32 teams in the league, you're not the only one team making offers.

7) - This one is for those who comments the ACGMs - Stop acting like if you're the players best buddy, you're not. ''X player won't waive for this city'' unless he told it in a interview or something, you just don't know it more than anybody here. **You cannot trust Elliott Friedman.

8) Stay under cap is a must. But you need to be under cap including healthy scratches, no team is going with only 20 players on the road. IMO you need to have a 22 man roster to be safe.

9) Stay respectful in your comments

***All the trades I made aren't value wise neither realistic, they are just visual help to illustrate my points.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
32 750 000 $
34 500 000 $
32 750 000 $
34 500 000 $
1900 000 $
79 500 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Foerster, Tyson
  2. Konecny, Travis
  3. Myers, Philippe
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
(Point 1 - don't make unfair trades that only fits you team)
TOR don't want Marner because he's too much paid and underperform in playoffs. Why would PHI empty his team to grab him?
PHI
  1. Marner, Mitchell
Détails additionnels:
Take flyers GM's spot for a second and ask yourself if you would do this trade? The answer is no, edit unless you can answer yes on both sides
TOR
  1. Kuemper, Darcy
Détails additionnels:
(Point 2 - be clear with your intentions)
If Kuemper comes with an extension, tell and detail it, that changes everything about the value of this trade
TOR
  1. Girard, Samuel
Détails additionnels:
(Point 3 - evaluate every aspects of your trade)
Girard is under contract on a very friendly deal for 5 more years than Reilly, it adds tremendous value.
TOR
  1. Dickinson, Jason [Droits de RFA]
  2. Gurianov, Denis
  3. Lindell, Esa
  4. Pavelski, Joe
Détails additionnels:
(Point 5 - Blockbuster trades never happens)
TOR
  1. Burakovsky, André
  2. Byram, Bowen
  3. Newhook, Alex
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (COL)
Détails additionnels:
(Point 7 - You are not Tavares best friends)
Even if he's Toronto hometown, or whatever reason, you just f***ing don't know if he would waive or not.
TOR
  1. Eichel, Jack (3 000 000 $ retained)
Détails additionnels:
(Point 4 - Retain salary)
Sabres don't care if you can fit Eichel or not, they just wont retain that much salary for 5 years
TOR
  1. Jones, Seth
Détails additionnels:
(Point 6 - Your team won't grab every good players on the trade/UFA market, there are 31 other teams)
CBJ
  1. Brodie, TJ
  2. Burakovsky, André
  3. Liljegren, Timothy
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (COL)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $80 014 417 $0 $850 000 $1 485 583 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Stars de Dallas
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 3
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 3
Logo de Sabres de Buffalo
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
C
UFA - 5
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 6
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
908 333 $908 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
C
UFA - 6
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 6
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Stars de Dallas
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 2
Mcdavidssocks
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 460
Finally someone says something.
Taz, Roperttos, RavensShadow and 3 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 3
TopDawgReese
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 253
Bud you also have to evaluate from the perspective of the Expansion draft. Why would Toronto give up Amirov when Airzona is forced to chose between Hill and Kuemper.
XQOM, RavensShadow et IconicHawk a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: MauriceArthur15
Bud you also have to evaluate from the perspective of the Expansion draft. Why would Toronto give up Amirov when Airzona is forced to chose between Hill and Kuemper.

Absolutely true! Kuemper as a rental is not worth a lot, but with a 3 year extension a think this trade would look great.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 8
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
You made a lot of good points here

The only part I disagree with is NMC.

I've seen a lot of Trouba or Kreider to Buffalo in Eichel trades and that won't happen.
Taz, RavensShadow et IconicHawk a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 9
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,336
Understand your points. Agree with them.

Also, phrases that are over-used here:
“GM laughs at that trade”
“GM hangs up phone on that trade”

If you cannot say why a trade doesn’t work, then you shouldn’t weigh in. Or at least - be witty and come up with something new to decline.

Also, I would add to your plea....

Please get creative people.
Think outside the box.
Use expansion, picks, salaries, whatever.
And please don’t repeat the same trade over and over and over.
Taz, RavensShadow et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 12
TopDawgReese
Quoting: Taz
Absolutely true! Kuemper as a rental is not worth a lot, but with a 3 year extension a think this trade would look great.

I agree but if we also evaluate from the Leafs perspective. Jack Campbell had one of the best seasons for a Leafs goalie in years and to commit to another goalie would be doing wrong by him. Wouldn’t it make more sense for Toronto try him out next season and if it doesn’t work go after Keumper either in the latter offseason or by trade deadline?

Personally if I’m looking at it from a rival GM perspective I think trading a backup to Toronto like Khudobin or singing a back up would make more sense from Toronto perspective.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 479
Quoting: MauriceArthur15
I agree but if we also evaluate from the Leafs perspective. Jack Campbell had one of the best seasons for a Leafs goalie in years and to commit to another goalie would be doing wrong by him. Wouldn’t it make more sense for Toronto try him out next season and if it doesn’t work go after Keumper either in the latter offseason or by trade deadline?

Personally if I’m looking at it from a rival GM perspective I think trading a backup to Toronto like Khudobin or singing a back up would make more sense from Toronto perspective.

Honestly I didn't evaluate the trade out there, I just wanted to illustrate my points in my description. None of these trades make sense IMO.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 25
TopDawgReese
Also here’s my Rielly trade lmk what y’all think.

Rielly (signs 6x7), Malgin, 2022 1st to LA

For

Sean Walker and Gabe Villardi

Hers my analysis from both sides. From Toronto side they don’t have to worry about Rielly extension and they commit to Sandin. They get back Sean Walkers who I think will be the Weegar of next year and Gabe Villardi who has 2nd line centre potential. Getting Villardi alludes to something Chris Johnston said that Toronto in the future will be looking to move Tavares to the wing similar to what happens to Stamkos in Tampa.

From LA perspective they get Morgan Rielly to a great 7 year extension. Rielly takes pressure of Doughty as a primary puck moving defenseman and as Doughty starts to regress Rielly can be a primary puck mover. This also signals the end of the LA rebuild and the start of the youth movement in LA. They’re going to be big players in free agency in the coming years and with 15 million it signals that they will commit to some. They give up Villardi who’s a huge pieces but their prospect centre depth is crazy with Byfield, Turcotte, Thomas, Anderson-Dolan and Kupari all in the system. They can afford to lose one. They get Malgin who looks like he can be next years Carter Verhauge. As well a 1st that’s trade bait to bolster wherever help is needed at the deadline as heading into the deadline with 2 1st round picks helps tremendously.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 26
TopDawgReese
Quoting: Taz
Honestly I didn't evaluate the trade out there, I just wanted to illustrate my points in my description. None of these trades make sense IMO.

Ok fair love your the points you made about the trades.
Taz a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 27
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 369
The only thing you forgot is that player is "untouchable" all players have a trade value if a team is willing to pay it.
sabres89 et Taz a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 278
Imagine being triggered about what some people post on a hockey website....grow tf up LMAO
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 33
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,303
So now how do we pin this AGM at the top?

One minor quibble, though: It is certainly not necessary to be a player's best buddy to know he won't waive to leave a potential contender for a dumpster fire team. That's just average everyday common sense.
Fox_Czar_Cup, Taz et sensonfire a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 40
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,437
Hallelujah. Yet the trigger fingers that need to see this are to busy typing lol. Scrolling through the posts daily has become painfully tedious. Posters should study other 31 teams needs and future needs to get a grip on reality.
Rename this post; Read or log out. lol
FlamesNutt a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 41
In Sutter We Trust?
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 9
Quoting: Oodz
Imagine being triggered about what some people post on a hockey website....grow tf up LMAO

Says the guy who felt the need to respond to something he read and disagreed with. Is this comment meant to be ironic?
NHLfan10506, Fox_Czar_Cup, BStinson and 2 others a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 51
B
Quoting: Oodz

It's stuff like this, that normal humans would like to eradicate. Internet highway road rage. Keep your 2 cents, nobody wants them. Hence this post lol.
FlamesNutt, Taz et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 12 h 52
B
Quoting: FlamesNutt
Says the guy who felt the need to respond to something he read and disagreed with. Is this comment meant to be ironic?

5 STARS
FlamesNutt a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 1
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
Quoting: mokumboi
So now how do we pin this AGM at the top?

One minor quibble, though: It is certainly not necessary to be a player's best buddy to know he won't waive to leave a potential contender for a dumpster fire team. That's just average everyday common sense.

Could be other factors like coach, family, friends, and opportunity. If you’re going to weigh in on a NTC or NMC then you better back it up with some source information. Everyone on here talks like they’re the player’s agent or mother, gets old real fast when you call them out on it.
Taz a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 5
mokumboi
Quoting: BStinson
Could be other factors like coach, family, friends, and opportunity. If you’re going to weigh in on a NTC or NMC then you better back it up with some source information. Everyone on here talks like they’re the player’s agent or mother, gets old real fast when you call them out on it.

There's always exceptions, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... many times this issue is not that difficult to figure out. Obviously, some folks will overdo it with situations that aren't so easy to peg, but cmon. This one is more like the behavior he's trying to speak out against. We all damn well know Mark Stone would not waive for Detroit (just as an obvious example).
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 15
CbjSabresDucks
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,180
Yes to #7. Theres a certain user who constantly comments something like "laughing face news flash buddy this player would NEVER waive"

Also agree about the cap one. Your teams cap problems aren't other teams concern. They aren't gonna help for free
Taz a aimé ceci.
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
Quoting: mokumboi
There's always exceptions, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... many times this issue is not that difficult to figure out. Obviously, some folks will overdo it with situations that aren't so easy to peg, but cmon. This one is more like the behavior he's trying to speak out against. We all damn well know Mark Stone would not waive for Detroit (just as an obvious example).

There’s definitely obvious ones (that being one) but it seems like everyone with an NTC some user says they wouldn’t waive without any explanation. It’s really both parties fault (OP & that user). OP should explain why they’d waive and commenter should respond with some dialogue for or against OP.
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 41
Mentions "j'aime": 278
Quoting: FlamesNutt

U responding to my comment just invalidates the point you were tying to make... speaking of irony lmao. Idk why u guys are treating yourselves like actual GMs of ur fav team. This is a hockey website lmao, who cares if someone posts a ACGM with trades u don’t like or agree with lmao. Y’all acting like Ur team has hired u to defend them... let ppl do whatever tf they want lmao
9 juin 2021 à 13 h 54
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,476
The Arizona trade doesn’t benefit Arizona Darcy is their starter I’d say trade for another goaltender and trade that goalie to Arizona to get Kuemper and by goaltender I mean an actual starter not an AHL or anything like that a TRUE STARTER
9 juin 2021 à 14 h 12
mokumboi
Quoting: BStinson
There’s definitely obvious ones (that being one) but it seems like everyone with an NTC some user says they wouldn’t waive without any explanation. It’s really both parties fault (OP & that user). OP should explain why they’d waive and commenter should respond with some dialogue for or against OP.

Fair enough. I just meant that this sort of reply is not automatically wrong.
BStinson a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage