SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 1
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: Alfie11
Don’t you love when people say they should get the choice of being vaccinated and then deny women the right to get an abortion in the same breath lol

Dude, I don't want to get political on a hockey forum, but that's not a fair comparison. Abortion is the murder of a child in the womb. It's not a "clump of cells" or a "body part" (if it was, of course everybody would agree it's the mother's choice). It's a child. Watch the video below, and then tell me that you think it should be the right of any human to terminate the life of this baby simply because they're not interested. (I am by no means arguing that women should have to RAISE said children against their wishes, but that does not give them the right to terminate its life.) Watch the incredible video below, which shows what is actually in the womb of a mother.

There is no reason why a woman should have the right to end this baby's life unless it threatens hers (which in some cases it does, including postpartum depression, and then I agree it would be justified).

That being said, while I believe everybody should be vaccinated and that it is irresponsible of people to not be (except for medical exemptions), you can't force someone to take something they don't want to take if they're not harming you.

If you would like to talk about the issue of abortion further, please confirm so, and I will give you my number/email, as I don't think it would be in the interests of everyone else here to see a hockey forum be used for a debate about something that couldn't possibly have anything less to do with hockey.
Saskleaf, AndrewLadd, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 9
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: Devil1122

Not sure if I’ve posted this in the forum before, but recently I was talking to Adin Hills parents by complete random chance. They said that Adin had told them a story about his first day in San Jose. Evander Kane walks into the room and they have a short conversation. Just him, Evander and a bystanding trainer. Doug Wilson comes down shortly after. The trainer says “Evander was just here” to which Doug responds “get him out of here. He’s not welcome.” 😳
Devil et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 20
Farewell
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Not sure if I’ve posted this in the forum before, but recently I was talking to Adin Hills parents by complete random chance. They said that Adin had told them a story about his first day in San Jose. Evander Kane walks into the room and they have a short conversation. Just him, Evander and a bystanding trainer. Doug Wilson comes down shortly after. The trainer says “Evander was just here” to which Doug responds “get him out of here. He’s not welcome.” 😳

Wow, what's your connection to Adin Hill (or his parents)?
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 29
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Dude, I don't want to get political on a hockey forum, but that's not a fair comparison. Abortion is the murder of a child in the womb. It's not a "clump of cells" or a "body part" (if it was, of course everybody would agree it's the mother's choice). It's a child. Watch the video below, and then tell me that you think it should be the right of any human to terminate the life of this baby simply because they're not interested. (I am by no means arguing that women should have to RAISE said children against their wishes, but that does not give them the right to terminate its life.) Watch the incredible video below, which shows what is actually in the womb of a mother.

There is no reason why a woman should have the right to end this baby's life unless it threatens hers (which in some cases it does, including postpartum depression, and then I agree it would be justified).

That being said, while I believe everybody should be vaccinated and that it is irresponsible of people to not be (except for medical exemptions), you can't force someone to take something they don't want to take if they're not harming you.

If you would like to talk about the issue of abortion further, please confirm so, and I will give you my number/email, as I don't think it would be in the interests of everyone else here to see a hockey forum be used for a debate about something that couldn't possibly have anything less to do with hockey.

Thank you for being a well mannered civilized human being. If people really want to get into politics, at least make a different forum page or something.
23 sept. 2021 à 0 h 31
Farewell
Quoting: Juiceman
Thank you for being a well mannered civilized human being. If people really want to get into politics, at least make a different forum page or something.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Wasn't too happy with how 80% of tonight's posts had very little to do with hockey smile
Juiceman, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 0
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Modifié 23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 6

Thank you. I was going to mention something about this. I completely agree (*well about the abortion part at least) with you.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 5
Go leafs go
Quoting: aadoyle
Just realised Jason Demers has still not been signed (hasn't even been given a PTO)

Someone explain how that makes sense

As Tucker Poolman is sitting at home making 2.5mill for the next 4 years

Ya, that's a bit odd. They are probably pretty much equal. Wouldn't mind the leafs at least PTOing Demers.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 15
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

I’m by no means an expert on abortion, but the only reason it’s not a good comparison is because forcing a woman to have an unwanted child only results in a negative effect for them, their child, and potentially their family (and if an abortion is desired, the presumption is that the woman doesn’t want a child because it would negatively affect them), whereas for vaccination, it’s almost completely safe (you’re like 3-4 times more likely to get struck by lightning in your lifetime than get blood clots from AZ for example, and there are other safer options for vaccines anyway), and the negatively impacted party is not limited to yourself, but also literally everyone else you meet. The fact that people demand that someone they don’t know have a child that they do not want and may be unable to support (lowering quality of life for both mother and child) while turning around and saying they want to be able to choose to not get a vaccine which A) reduces the chance of hospitalization/death for them personally with next to no downside, B) reduces the chance of them getting it in the first place and thus spreading it to others, and C) as a continuation of B, reduces the chance of further mutations that may negatively affect already vaccinated people, is mind-boggling to me. Note that this does not apply to medical exemptions, while I’ll likewise count out abortions for medical reasons, the comparison is between choosing to not vaccinate an eligible person and choosing to abort an unwanted baby. Like someone else’s abortion is none of your damn business and you’ll literally never know about the vast majority of them happening anyway, while being unvaccinated negatively impacts the health and safety of everyone around you. Funny how principles about protecting life only apply to an unborn clump of cells and not actual living humans.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Wasn't too happy with how 80% of tonight's posts had very little to do with hockey smile

The only news out of the hockey world today was about how like 4 guys signed contracts, and the rest of the news was about guys barred from camp for being unvaccinated, so it’s a pretty reasonable issue to discuss. And is literally about hockey. As for politics stuff well, the Canadian election is a bigger story than Robert Thomas signing a perfectly reasonable and expected contract extension. And we’ve known Kaprizov was likely signing a 5x9 for at least a week, probably longer so that wasn’t even a big story because we’ve already been over it. Not much to talk about there, so the biggest talking point is the guys missing camp because they’re unvaccinated.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 20
Ex Nucks fan
I’m by no means an expert on abortion, but the only reason it’s not a good comparison is because forcing a woman to have an unwanted child only results in a negative effect for them, their child, and potentially their family (and if an abortion is desired, the presumption is that the woman doesn’t want a child because it would negatively affect them), whereas for vaccination, it’s almost completely safe (you’re like 3-4 times more likely to get struck by lightning in your lifetime than get blood clots from AZ for example, and there are other safer options for vaccines anyway), and the negatively impacted party is not limited to yourself, but also literally everyone else you meet. The fact that people demand that someone they don’t know have a child that they do not want and may be unable to support (lowering quality of life for both mother and child) while turning around and saying they want to be able to choose to not get a vaccine which A) reduces the chance of hospitalization/death for them personally with next to no downside, B) reduces the chance of them getting it in the first place and thus spreading it to others, and C) as a continuation of B, reduces the chance of further mutations that may negatively affect already vaccinated people, is mind-boggling to me. Note that this does not apply to medical exemptions, while I’ll likewise count out abortions for medical reasons, the comparison is between choosing to not vaccinate an eligible person and choosing to abort an unwanted baby. Like someone else’s abortion is none of your damn business and you’ll literally never know about the vast majority of them happening anyway, while being unvaccinated negatively impacts the health and safety of everyone around you. Funny how principles about protecting life only apply to an unborn clump of cells and not actual living humans.

The only news out of the hockey world today was about how like 4 guys signed contracts, and the rest of the news was about guys barred from camp for being unvaccinated, so it’s a pretty reasonable issue to discuss. And is literally about hockey. As for politics stuff well, the Canadian election is a bigger story than Robert Thomas signing a perfectly reasonable and expected contract extension. And we’ve known Kaprizov was likely signing a 5x9 for at least a week, probably longer so that wasn’t even a big story because we’ve already been over it. Not much to talk about there, so the biggest talking point is the guys missing camp because they’re unvaccinated.

Yes this is all true but if you go back a bit more, things are starting to get a bit toxic which isn’t a great fit for this thread.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 33
Farewell
See post below
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 36
Ex Nucks fan

I’m confused what anti Vaxxers are scared of
Is it microchips? I mean who the hell cares where you go. The government already knows literally everything about you, where you live, where you work, our salary.

Is it the side effects? I mean they are not very common. To be honest I don’t want to really argue with any “anti vaxxers” but I’m just curious on why they are so against them
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 36
Farewell

@Juiceman is right. This is an enormously flawed argument, but this is not the place to discuss it. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at TheSicarioWarrior@gmail.com, if not then that's fine, but please watch the video I attached above. Abortion is the taking of a human life, not a "clump of cells".
Juiceman, MitchMarner_16, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 40
Farewell
Is it microchips? I mean who the hell cares where you go. The government already knows literally everything about you, where you live, where you work, our salary.

Is it the side effects? I mean they are not very common. To be honest I don’t want to really argue with any “anti vaxxers” but I’m just curious on why they are so against them

It's basically side effects such as fear of the vaccine affecting fertilization ability, growth, etc. I agree it's highly illogical, but hey, the world is a stupid and crazy place, so it's not surprising that some people would come up with this "theory."
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 43
Ex Nucks fan
It's basically side effects such as fear of the vaccine affecting fertilization ability, growth, etc. I agree it's highly illogical, but hey, the world is a stupid and crazy place.

I wonder if they are scared of other vaccines. Nothing is 100%. If people want to make a decision about their life, I’m not gonna stop them but when it’ potentially harms another being, that’s when a line needs to be drawn. I see so many anecdotal arguments like “oh I know a guy who got sick from the vaccine and is in the hospital”. Reason number one why that’s a bad argument: your anecdotal argument means nothing compared to a worldwide scale. Reason number 2: it honestly probably never happened. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but a lot of people just make up that excuse
23 sept. 2021 à 1 h 44
Farewell
I wonder if they are scared of other vaccines. Nothing is 100%. If people want to make a decision about their life, I’m not gonna stop them but when it’ potentially harms another being, that’s when a line needs to be drawn. I see so many anecdotal arguments like “oh I know a guy who got sick from the vaccine and is in the hospital”. Reason number one why that’s a bad argument: your anecdotal argument means nothing compared to a worldwide scale. Reason number 2: it honestly probably never happened. I’m not saying it didn’t happen but a lot of people just make up that excuse

I agree with every single word in this post. It's just so messed-up how COVID became so politicized, really a sad commentary on the partisan divide that exists today in politics
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 3 h 1
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 246

You seem like a cool down too earth dude. I wouldn't really like too talk about abortion, because well, it doesn't really interest or concern me but it'd be cool too make a friend.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 7 h 52
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: Dnik10
I get reported all the time bro. I swear the moderates have a vendetta out for me lmao. I could say the exact same thing as him and get reported but I'm sure he won't.
Doesn't make a difference too me. Thanks for looking out tho bro.

Bro, dude the moderators can be very left wing biased. I’ve gotten reported and written up for being a conservative. Someone was bashing trump (I’m not a trumper, I think every president had pros and cons but I’m definitely a republican even tho I’m Canadian hahaha) and how Fox News is all fake news. All I said was

“trump and fake news? You must be confused with cnn”

And I got written up for that. Literally that comment. So freaking stupid. I emailed the mods and my comment was deleted and I got a warning, but the other dude had NO consequences whatsoever and he basically said the same thing as me, just he was coming at it from a left wing/democrat view, I was coming from a right wing/republican view.

They need to be no politics whatsoever, or let it go and let both sides speak. You can’t be biased and write up guys who you disagree with. Let everyone speak. I’m so sick of bias, it’s everywhere. People who are wary, hesitant, or disagree with left wing ideology, are made out to look like idiots and that they have invalid points.

That’s it for politics. I will not be talking politics any more ty. Time for hockey
23 sept. 2021 à 7 h 57

I respect how civilized the conversation here is. Well done everyone even tho some of us disagree. There are many pages on reddit, etc. Perhaps we should start a thread there with just us. As a place to talk politics. That way, we don’t have to litter CF with political posts
23 sept. 2021 à 8 h 0

I’ll tell you why I’m waiting but I’m going no further into this discussion, purely because it’s not the place to do it.
I’m simply wary of the mRNA technology being a young man and there being higher rates of myocarditis in young men.

I’m waiting for nova vax to be approved in Canada, and will most likely be vaccinated with that one.

I am in no way shape or form an anti vaxxer, I just dont think anyone should have the power to force an irreversible procedure on someone. That’s all. I am up to date with all my vaccinations except covid, which I’m just simple waiting a few months for.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 8 h 10
Quoting: mondo
You should. One of the reasons COVID is taking so long to become a non issue is because people are being militantly stubborn about getting the vaccine.

I'm allowed to think your opinion sucks and criticize you.

We’re allowed the same thing lol. I think your opinion sucks, but respect your opinion and that you have the right to think for yourself. This is not what this website is for is it? Haha

Although. I wholeheartedly agree with you on one thing for sure, your team you root for! GLG
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 8 h 12
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Saskleaf et Devil a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 9 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Hi guys, who are some good net front presences on the PP apart from Pavs and Hornqvist?
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2021 à 9 h 16
Go leafs go
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Bro, dude the moderators can be very left wing biased. I’ve gotten reported and written up for being a conservative. Someone was bashing trump (I’m not a trumper, I think every president had pros and cons but I’m definitely a republican even tho I’m Canadian hahaha) and how Fox News is all fake news. All I said was

“trump and fake news? You must be confused with cnn”

And I got written up for that. Literally that comment. So freaking stupid. I emailed the mods and my comment was deleted and I got a warning, but the other dude had NO consequences whatsoever and he basically said the same thing as me, just he was coming at it from a left wing/democrat view, I was coming from a right wing/republican view.

They need to be no politics whatsoever, or let it go and let both sides speak. You can’t be biased and write up guys who you disagree with. Let everyone speak. I’m so sick of bias, it’s everywhere. People who are wary, hesitant, or disagree with left wing ideology, are made out to look like idiots and that they have invalid points.

That’s it for politics. I will not be talking politics any more ty. Time for hockey

Ya, I literally saw a mod liking a left wing political post (one that I can 100% guarentee if it was a right wing post it would have been deleted), but I posted the following post

"Sorry if I am offending people with my politics"

And got a warning for it!

I realize mods are human and make mistakes but this left wing political bias needs to stop. Either crack down on politics more an do it for both sides or ignore it more.

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
We’re allowed the same thing lol. I think your opinion sucks, but respect your opinion and that you have the right to think for yourself. This is not what this website is for is it? Haha

Although. I wholeheartedly agree with you on one thing for sure, your team you root for! GLG

Ya. I'm not trying to upset people by I'm getting really upset by the double standards. People aren't tolerating any disagreement these days and everyone shoots down everyone elses opinion. This happens everywhere (but especially in regards to politics and the left bashing the right).

And yes, Go leafs.
23 sept. 2021 à 9 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Juiceman is right. This is an enormously flawed argument, but this is not the place to discuss it. If you would like to discuss this further, I can be reached at TheSicarioWarriorgmail.com, if not then that's fine, but please watch the video I attached above. Abortion is the taking of a human life, not a "clump of cells".

This.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage