SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 56
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
twy62fchlim71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1fa91c268ecdbab060194d62b3effa80bf79597c

Add Blake Comeau's everything, and Cogliano's toughness.
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 59
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: Db1899
Saw a top 20 center rankings on Instagram that had Yanni Gourde at 12. True story

Well, what else do you expect from Instagram?
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 21 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Wow, Winnipeg>Colorado? Penguins and Capitals BOTH miss the playoffs? Philly finishes first in the Metro? Should be an entertaining year. (Happens to be, the Metro is the most unpredictable division this year, so can't really argue with anything except putting Columbus anywhere but last)

I don't like Colorado's 2 RW or 2 RD, Winnipeg is the more well-rounded team imo. Caps goaltending is a real wildcard and the Pens are just worse than the Rangers, especially with Malkin out for some time. Philly is also pretty well-rounded as hart should be better and Jones with a lower workload too.
14 sept. 2021 à 21 h 23
Jinx god
Modifié 14 sept. 2021 à 21 h 45

Blake Comeau should listen to this message, this is the true key to becoming a god in the NHL.

Edit: link is https://youtu.be/yaFK8cHab-8
14 sept. 2021 à 21 h 41
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Blake Comeau should listen to this message, this is the true key to becoming a god in the NHL.

Vid doesn’t work
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 21 h 45
Jinx god
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Vid doesn’t work

https://youtu.be/yaFK8cHab-8
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 14
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: Db1899
Saw a top 20 center rankings on Instagram that had Yanni Gourde at 12. True story

Congrats on finding Craig Button’s burner
SevenLeg, aadoyle, Db1899 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 22
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Congrats on finding Craig Button’s burner

I'd be embarrassed putting out a list without Gourde over Barzal
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 23
Farewell
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I don't like Colorado's 2 RW or 2 RD, Winnipeg is the more well-rounded team imo. Caps goaltending is a real wildcard and the Pens are just worse than the Rangers, especially with Malkin out for some time. Philly is also pretty well-rounded as hart should be better and Jones with a lower workload too.

Anything could happen in the Metro this year. Wide-open division. The only two teams I'm certain make the playoffs are the Islanders and Caps (I really like Vanecek, and even a tandem between him and Samsonov should be enough to handle the load)
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 26
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Gary Bettman's contract as the NHL commissioner is expiring after the upcoming season.

Let's hope it's not renewed and that it relieves Canadian teams that were, for over a thousand generations, the guardians of prosperity, success and glory in the old NHL... before the dark times... before the empire.
yikes, A_Habs_fan et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 40
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,732
Quoting: SevenLeg
Gary Bettman's contract as the NHL commissioner is expiring after the upcoming season.

Let's hope it's not renewed and that it relieves Canadian teams that were, for over a thousand generations, the guardians of prosperity, success and glory in the old NHL... before the dark times... before the empire.

Hmmmmmm NHL commissioner that has a nice ring to it I'm in

Already know what my first order of business would be
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 57
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
Hmmmmmm NHL commissioner that has a nice ring to it I'm in

Already know what my first order of business would be

Colorado back to Quebec, so that when MacKinnon inevitably gets his ring he brings the cup back to Canada? 😃
14 sept. 2021 à 22 h 59
Farewell
My personal predictions for this year (not finalized):
Metropolitan:
1) New York Islanders
2) Washington Capitals (After this IMO, it's wide open)
3) Carolina Hurricanes (The offense is too stacked for them to miss the playoffs, even with their problems on D (after Slavin-Pesce) and in net)
4) New York Rangers (WC #2) (I am completely torn on whether the Rangers or Flyers get this WC spot, I'm tentatively leaning towards the former as I see Kakko, Lafreniere and Shesterkin all taking big steps forward this year)
5) Philadelphia Flyers (They could easily make the playoffs if the D allows Hart to rebound from his abysmal McElhinney-esque campaign)
6) New Jersey Devils (They're getting there, but not quite there yet)
7) Pittsburgh Penguins (Time's run out on this group. Malkin can't stay healthy, Crosby's age is catching up to him as well, and Jarry is not a long-term solution in net)
8) Columbus Blue Jackets

Atlantic:
1) Tampa Bay Lightning
2) Boston Bruins
3) Florida Panthers
4) Toronto Maple Leafs (WC #1)
5) Montreal Canadiens (JUST miss)
6) Detroit Red Wings (Ahead of Ottawa due to Ned in goal)
7) Ottawa Senators
8) Buffalo Sabres (Duh)

Central:
1) Colorado Avalanche (Don't worry about the bottom 6, the top 6 will more than make up for it, the D is stellar, and Kuemper will be a Vezina contender)
2) Winnipeg Jets (HUGE and much-needed improvements on D in the off-season make them one of the most well-rounded teams in the conference, but not better than the Avs)
3) St. Louis Blues (Robbed the Rangers blind with the Buchnevich trade and got a steal in Saad, the D has some questions but I like 'em)
4) Chicago Blackhawks (WC #1) (Fleury will be HUGE for this team. If Toews can stay healthy and Kane and Debrincat continue to produce, they'll easily make the playoffs)
5) Minnesota Wild (WC #2) (Just ahead of Dallas due to better D and goaltending)
6) Dallas Stars
7) Nashville Predators
8) Arizona (Sorry, Houston) Coyotes

Pacific:
1) Vegas Golden Knights (After this, the weakest division in the league)
2) Calgary Flames (The offense is absolutely stacked, and Markstrom will have a terrific season (you heard it here first))
3) Edmonton Oilers (The D is absolute hot garbage, but McDavid and Draisaitl aren't missing the playoffs)
4) Vancouver Canucks (Miss playoffs, Benning finally gets fired)
5) Seattle Kraken (Good D and goaltending, but lack of offense)
6) Los Angeles Kings
7) San Jose Sharks
8) Anaheim Ducks
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 5
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,732
Modifié 14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 53
Quoting: Alfie11
Colorado back to Quebec, so that when MacKinnon inevitably gets his ring he brings the cup back to Canada? 😃

No it would be move Arizona to Houston but that does sound tempting

My second order of business though would be to re-arrange the NHL divisions

So my rough draft rn

Division 1

Leafs
Bruins
Habs
Sens
Sabers
Rangers
Islander
Devils

Division 2

Wings
Flyers
Capitals
Penguins
Jackets
Hawks
Wild
Hurricanes

Division 3

Avalanche
Lightning
Panthers
Predators
Blues
Stars
Knights
Houston (once I move Arizona)

Division 4

Ducks
Kings
Sharks
Oilers
Flames
Kraken
Canucks
Jets
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 10
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Rest I’m peace to Canadian comedian, Norm Macdonald.

One of the funniest comedians ever 🙏
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 23
Just a general thing to everyone posting, why is NYI the presumptive #1 in the Metro? They’ve finished higher than 4th in their division exactly once in the last 6 years, and literally haven’t won their division since the 80s. I would 100% agree that I think they’ll be the team from their division to reach the final four come playoff time, but they’re not a very good regular season team historically (particularly recent history, they were only 4th in their division this year and 5th the year before, barely squeaking in). In the regular season, the game is a lot more open and superstars shine, hence why McDavid and Draisaitl can drag an ECHL roster to the playoffs with home ice advantage. The Isles are built for playoff success with their defense-minded, lockdown style. I don’t think they’ll win the division, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them flirting with missing the playoffs altogether, like they have for the last two years. If they’re in they’re more likely than not to make the conference finals, but playoff style hockey (which the Isles excel at) is not sustainable for 82 games. I would have Washington (consistently an incredible regular season team) solidly ahead of them, Pittsburgh as well (Crosby+Malkin are the old McDavid+Draisaitl, although they have a slightly better supporting cast, if they’re healthy Sid and Geno aren’t missing the playoffs). If Hart bounces back then Philly could beat the Isles too, and there are arguments for the Canes and even the Rangers being better regular season teams (I’m personally not sold on Bear and DeAngelo replacing Hamilton yet and both their goalies are more band-aid than not, and the Rangers started adding playoff style character guys before they made the playoffs lol so I don’t know if they’re quite there either unless Laf/Kakko step up).
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 29
Quoting: aadoyle
No it would be move Arizona to Houston but that does sound tempting

I would rather move any team to Quebec tbh. I want a team in Houston but I want a team in Quebec more. Move Arizona to Quebec and then expand to 34 teams in like 5-7 years, adding Houston and some other team (Milwaukee, Hamilton, or Kansas City come to mind). If they add two teams in 2026 or so I wouldn’t be surprised if each of them had to pay a franchise fee of a billion dollars. That would be a nice cash injection as we hopefully leave the pandemic a few years behind us and the cap is starting to rise significantly again.
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 33
Farewell
Just a general thing to everyone posting, why is NYI the presumptive #1 in the Metro? They’ve finished higher than 4th in their division exactly once in the last 6 years, and literally haven’t won their division since the 80s. I would 100% agree that I think they’ll be the team from their division to reach the final four come playoff time, but they’re not a very good regular season team historically (particularly recent history, they were only 4th in their division this year and 5th the year before, barely squeaking in). In the regular season, the game is a lot more open and superstars shine, hence why McDavid and Draisaitl can drag an ECHL roster to the playoffs with home ice advantage. The Isles are built for playoff success with their defense-minded, lockdown style. I don’t think they’ll win the division, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them flirting with missing the playoffs altogether, like they have for the last two years. If they’re in they’re more likely than not to make the conference finals, but playoff style hockey (which the Isles excel at) is not sustainable for 82 games. I would have Washington (consistently an incredible regular season team) solidly ahead of them, Pittsburgh as well (Crosby+Malkin are the old McDavid+Draisaitl, although they have a slightly better supporting cast, if they’re healthy Sid and Geno aren’t missing the playoffs). If Hart bounces back then Philly could beat the Isles too, and there are arguments for the Canes and even the Rangers being better regular season teams (I’m personally not sold on Bear and DeAngelo replacing Hamilton yet and both their goalies are more band-aid than not, and the Rangers started adding playoff style character guys before they made the playoffs lol so I don’t know if they’re quite there either unless Laf/Kakko step up).

I agree the Islanders' style of play is better built for the playoffs than the regular season, but there's no way they're finishing below the 3rd spot at lowest, I agree that the Caps could beat them in the regular season, and maybe the Canes with their stacked offense, but nobody else. The Isles get in year after year; just because they haven't finished first in previous years doesn't mean they never will again, especially when you consider that they had the best record of any team to finish fourth (or lower, obviously) in the realigned divisions last year, and were just 6 points behind the first-place Pens. They'll easily make it. Basically, they're the most well-rounded team in the Metro, hence the first-place prediction.
14 sept. 2021 à 23 h 47
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
I agree the Islanders' style of play is better built for the playoffs than the regular season, but there's no way they're finishing below the 3rd spot at lowest, I agree that the Caps could beat them in the regular season, and maybe the Canes with their stacked offense, but nobody else. The Isles get in year after year; just because they haven't finished first in previous years doesn't mean they never will again, especially when you consider that they had the best record of any team to finish fourth (or lower, obviously) in the realigned divisions last year, and were just 6 points behind the first-place Pens. They'll easily make it. Basically, they're the most well-rounded team in the Metro, hence the first-place prediction.

I agree they’re very well rounded, but my point is that well rounded teams don’t always see regular season success. Superstars play a much bigger role in the regular season hence why prime Ovie+Backstrom/Sedins/MacKinnon+Rantanen etc. have racked up President’s trophies but not cups, and why Edmonton has finished 2nd in their division two years running. Barzal is excellent, but he’s not in that tier of superstar, and doesn’t have anyone of his calibre to play off of. The Isles will probably make the playoffs, but they’re not going to thrive. They’re the clear #1 in playoff hockey, but I would hesitate to put them higher than #2, more likely 3rd-5th, in the regular season.
15 sept. 2021 à 1 h 25
Farewell
First on-ice session of #Bolts rookie camp is underway, thus signaling the unofficial end of the offseason and beginning of a new season. pic.twitter.com/Z9s9Av376T

— Bryan Burns (@BBurnsNHL) September 14, 2021

The quest for the three-peat is drawing closer... smile
15 sept. 2021 à 3 h 32
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Devils sign 3 PTO's, including Jimmy Vesey. Hard to believe he's on a PTO with a bottom tier team (at least for the last several seasons) considering his age and how sought after he was when he signed with the Rangers out of college. I'd bet on him to make the team out of camp and put up decent bottom six numbers this season. His numbers with the Rangers were really solid. He was terrible after he was dealt to BUF. Looks like a potential home run for Tom Fitzgerald.
Devil a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 7 h 34

Probably because they feel the Isles are a lock to be a playoff team and no other team in the Metro is, I think I have the Isles at 3 in the Metro
15 sept. 2021 à 7 h 55
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084

I agree they’re very well rounded, but my point is that well rounded teams don’t always see regular season success. Superstars play a much bigger role in the regular season hence why prime Ovie+Backstrom/Sedins/MacKinnon+Rantanen etc. have racked up President’s trophies but not cups, and why Edmonton has finished 2nd in their division two years running. Barzal is excellent, but he’s not in that tier of superstar, and doesn’t have anyone of his calibre to play off of. The Isles will probably make the playoffs, but they’re not going to thrive. They’re the clear #1 in playoff hockey, but I would hesitate to put them higher than #2, more likely 3rd-5th, in the regular season.

I agree that the isles won’t finish 1st (I have them ending up at #2 or #3 in the metro) , but this is a much different team than two years ago. They have 8 forwards who can realistically score 20 goals and their defense should improve without Leddy, who was a complete liability the past two seasons and Trotz still played him 20 min a game. One of the Isles biggest problems in 19-20, 20-21 regular seasons was lack of finishing talent. They’ve needed forwards with elite shots who can score from anywhere inside the offensive zone. Full seasons from Wahlstrom and Palmieri in the top 6 should solve that problem.

Almost all of Pitt/WSH best players are over the age of 30. Both are definitely not locks to make the playoffs, I think one of them will remain a top team, but Father Time is undefeated and eventually one of the core players are going to fall off a cliff. Philly probably wins the division if AV can get out of his own way and not play Risto on the top pair pair. Buchnevich is a huge loss for the Rangers and Kreider isn’t shooting 20% again so I don’t think they make the playoffs this season.

Obviously Barzal isn’t as good as Mackinnon/ prime ovechkin, but he is a superstar and has been a top 20 forward in the league over the last 3 years. He’s good enough to carry a team and this year he should finally be getting a player who can compliment him perfectly (Wahlstrom).
15 sept. 2021 à 7 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
How good is this?
Marchand-Crosby-M.Tkachuk
Toffoli-Horvat-Bjorkstrand
Fabbri-Vilardi-A.Wagner
Jarnkrok-Glendening-Perry

Chabot-Cernak
Girard-Bear
Oesterle-Mayfield

Gibson
Brossoit

@esoyeezus69
@sevenleg
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
15 sept. 2021 à 8 h 23
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
How good is this?
Marchand-Crosby-M.Tkachuk
Toffoli-Horvat-Bjorkstrand
Fabbri-Vilardi-A.Wagner
Jarnkrok-Glendening-Perry

Chabot-Cernak
Girard-Bear
Oesterle-Mayfield

Gibson
Brossoit

esoyeezus69
sevenleg

It's definitely a contender, especially with a top 6 stacked like that. The third line is shaky, I'm not sure Vilardi is suited for this role and Wagner is more of a 4th liner. The 4th line is nasty and aggressive with a nice scoring touch.

The defense core is lead by two of our homeboys and should perform well if Chabot does so.

Goaltending is very good

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage