SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 4
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
I wanna start a “make the best team possible that wouldn’t make the playoffs” challenge but that seems like a lot of work
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Central right now

MIN: I have already written about them, so I won't talk about them here.

CHI: I like adding both Jones(although they overpaid for Seth_, MAF (although his brain farts are getting worrisome), but their LD side is incredibly weak (Caleb, McCabe, De Haan isn't a good LD side, 2 of them are bottom pairing level defenders). Toews should help tho. IMO they're still missing the playoffs, but slightly

COL: they're finishing 1st

ARI: *shows picture of a tank*

STL: even if I like Buch (take care of him, STL) and Saad, Binnigton is still questionnable, Husso hasn't proven anything, no one knows what Tarasenko will do and he asked for a trade, losing Dunn will hurt. They better hope Parayko returns to form

NSH: they made the decision to rebuild, a decision they should've made after losing to DAL in 2019, so likely no playoffs for them.

WIN: their D got insanely better. Dillon is amazing and is a direct Chiarot replacement, just 2 years late, and Schmidt, even tho he's overpaid, is still a number 3 d-man capable of playing ove 20 minutes a night. Morrissey and Pionk will have less pressure on them. They're making the playoffs.

DAL is another question mark. They have 3-4 NHL goalies (depending on Bishop)(pls don't send Jake down), overpaid and overtermed Suter and Seguin is a question mark. Radulov IMO is primes for a massive regression in my opinion and he could very well be in the KHL by the end of 2022. They're maybe making the playoffs, but it'll depend on Suter and Seguin.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I wanna start a “make the best team possible that wouldn’t make the playoffs” challenge but that seems like a lot of work

Especially since some might see a certain team making the playoffs where as other will not agree. This is subjective to a great degree.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Pacific:
Vegas is making the playoffs and likely finishing first

EDM: because of McDavid and Draisaitl, they're likely making the playoffs, but I don't think they'll even win A round.

CGY: they're still very very questionnable. Zadorov and Gudbranson basically serve the same purpose (physical, very slow d-men) and Coleman does nothing Magiapane and Tkachuk don't already do, they didn't do anything on the Monahan and Gaudreau fronts, even tho these two accomplished precisely nothing in YEARS and they didn't add this scoring, right handed, top 6 winger they've needed for like 2-3 years now. Valimaki better be top 4 material and Tanev better repeat. Oh, and Markstrom needs to return to his 19-20 form. Also Vladar isn't poven in the slightest. Fringe playoff/nearlly miss team

VAN: ahem, where do I start? Overpaid Poolman (although I like the guy), OEL is a MASSIVE anchor, although I like adding Garland and Halak. I don't see who will defend and kill penalties, with Hughes and OEL are dumpster fires in their own zone. Poolman and Hamonic are 2 obvious ones but then there are questions. Myers wasn't very good this past season and looks like a massive overpayment. Again, fringe playoff team/near miss.

ANA: still in rebuild mode, they're 5-6 years away from competing for the cup and 1-2 years away from competing for the playoffs. IMO they should move Gibson to a contender because at 26 he is too old to lead them in 5-6 years when they start their SC window. Move him while his value is high.

SJ: Reimer and Hill are an upgrade over Jones and Dubnyk/Korenar, although Cogs solves nothing for them (@esoyeezus69). They still have depth issues, defensive issues and Kane is running for President of the «biggest cancer in hockey» social club, with TDA in the mix as well. Playoff miss for them. Sell Simek, Labanc and Hertl while you're at it and tank for Wright

Seattle will be good, but not great. They have massive questions at forward, although I like adding Wennberg and Schwartz (overpaid tho). Grubauer is a FANTASTIC goalie to start a franchise and he and Driedger should be a great tandem. Their efense is good but I don't see where the offense is gonna come from. They might compete for the playoffs, but we'll see.

LA has improved, but they still lack a scoring winger and a top 4 LD-man to really compete. Also I don't see the need for Danault long term. I like adding Edler tho, he and DD should be amazing mentors for their kids at defense. Might make the playoffs, but I see them as missing them.
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 36
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
So I've finished my updated standings predictions ( assuming all RFA's sign, no more UFA's and i do take into account injuries )

Pacific:
P-Vegas
P-Calgary
P-Edmonton
E-Seattle
E-Vancouver
E-Los Angeles
E-San Jose
E-Anaheim

Central:
P-Winnipeg
P-Colorado
P-Saint-Louis
WC1-Dallas
WC2-Chicago
E-Nashville
E-Minny
E-Arizona

Metro:
P-Philly
P-Carolina
P-NYI
E-NYR
E-Pittsburgh
E-Washington
E-New Jersey
E-Columbus

Atlantic:
P-Tampa
P-Florida
P-Toronto
WC1-Boston
WC-2Montreal
E-Detroit
E-Ottawa
E-Buffalo

*will update it if any big news happens*
aadoyle et Devil a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733

Will it have Yanni Gourde on it
Devil a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 52
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
So I've finished my updated standings predictions ( assuming all RFA's sign, no more UFA's and i do take into account injuries )

Pacific:
P-Vegas
P-Calgary
P-Edmonton
E-Seattle
E-Vancouver
E-Los Angeles
E-San Jose
E-Anaheim

Central:
P-Winnipeg
P-Colorado
P-Saint-Louis
WC1-Dallas
WC2-Chicago
E-Nashville
E-Minny
E-Arizona

Metro:
P-Philly
P-Carolina
P-NYI
E-NYR
E-Pittsburgh
E-Washington
E-New Jersey
E-Columbus

Atlantic:
P-Tampa
P-Florida
P-Toronto
WC1-Boston
WC-2Montreal
E-Detroit
E-Ottawa
E-Buffalo

10/10
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 54
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: aadoyle
Will it have Yanni Gourde on it

No team with Yanni Gourde on it would miss the playoffs
aadoyle, A_Habs_fan et yikes a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 6

What if he was that teams 1c then they would probs miss.
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 13
10/10

You agree with everything? wow, that's rare, there always 1 team someone disagrees with
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 19
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084

Saw a top 20 center rankings on Instagram that had Yanni Gourde at 12. True story
A_Habs_fan, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, Devil and 3 others a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 27
Hakuna Matata
You agree with everything? wow, that's rare, there always 1 team someone disagrees with

I was on the fence with Pittsburgh but eventually there is gonna come a time where they miss. Is this year gonna be it maybe
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 28
I was on the fence with Pittsburgh but eventually there is gonna come a time where they miss. Is this year gonna be it maybe

This is the year where Rangers take that step, and Pittsburgh/Washington regress imo
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 18 h 29
This is the year where Rangers take that step, and Pittsburgh/Washington regress imo

I think having the Rangers that high is my *hot take*
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 23
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
NHL on TNT (Turner Sports) has OFFICIALLY announced their panel with Gretzky:

Wayne Gretzky (Goat)
Anson Carter (Analyst and former player)
Rick Tocchet (Recent Former Yotes coach and former player)
Paul Bissonnette (super dope they got him)
Host : Liam McHugh (no idea)

This actually gives me high hopes. Taking the model from NBA on TNT

Shaq : Anson Carter maybe? I like Carter so
Ernie : Gretzky for sure, great match
Kenny : Tocchet seems like a good fit
Barkley : Biznasty 100%, great match

Either way this is probably the most promising panel they coulda put together.

14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 24
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: SevenLeg

We won the Jimmy Vesey sweepstakes!
A_Habs_fan et Remus a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 26
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: yikes

Wayne Gretzky (Goat)
Liam McHugh (no idea)

Still don’t know who the **** Liam is..

Biz is going to be great, smart move to hire him.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 27
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: Db1899
Biz is going to be great, smart move to hire him.

I’m very happy they accepted him (with all the **** you hear on the pod and what not)
A_Habs_fan et Db1899 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 29
Quoting: yikes

Wayne Gretzky (Goat)
Host : Liam McHugh (no idea)

Yeah the TNT panel looks good
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Now, to finish my little series, let's talk about the atlantic

MTL is a very suspicious team. I like adding Dvorak and considering the team is in a win-now mode, he's a better option than KK and should help to fill the hole left behind by Danault's absence. Evans should take a slightly bigger role and Paquette should fill the rest, Hoffman will join TT and Anderson as a part of the Habs' goal scoring wingers, the return of Drouin should be very interesting, Savard will do an amazing job on the PK and playing 21-22 minutes a game on the backend. But IMO their C depth is still weak, unless Drouin turns out to be a good center, which he wasn't, a few years ago.

BOS is questionnable. Questionnable because Krejci left, leaving a major hole at 2C. Questionable because Bergeron is now 36 years old and seems a likely candidate to regress, questionable because, since their SCF appearance in 2019, they've been on a slow declining curve (conference finals in 2020 in the bubble and 2ns round exit last season). I do like adding Nosek, Foligno and Forbort as well as bringing back Reilly and Hall. One of Coyle (who's been bad at offense in 2021), Foligno, Frederic or Studnicka will have to step up at 2C. IMO they're a wildcard team, at best. Honestly, if injuries happen at a few places here and there (say, Carlo and Hall), I could even see them missing the playoffs. And if Bergy goes down which he has a history to doing, they're screwed, with pretty much no one to replace him at 2C.

OTT is interesting. I like addign MDZ to their D-core, this provides time for Sanderson, JBD and Thomson to develop, Gustavsson, Norris, Tkachuk, Stuzle and Brannstrom should improve and Chabot will, IMO, enter his prime. Zub will now have one NHL season behind him and should be slightly better. They'll miss the playoffs, but with players like Tkachuk, Paul and Brown, they'll be annoying to play against and could play the spoiler role in the atlantic.

TOR will, IMO, have a worse regular season than last season. Mrazek is good, but Ritchie lacks consistency and Kase is, IMO, just bad and doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy. NRob will have to be really good and, if possible, Kerfoot will have to be slightly better than last season. A few more goals from him should be expected/necessary. I wonder what will happen with Liljegren tho, he was drafted in 2017 and he really hasn't made any significant progressed compared to a year and a half ago. IMO they're finishing top 3.

DET: adding guys like Suter and Leddy should stabilize their team and players like Rowney and Oesterle will likely come in and out of the lineup. IMO both Seider and Raymond will make this team, making the Wings exciting to watch, hopefully. Still a growing pains season, but in a year or two they should get closer to the playoffs.

TB: after losing Gourde (@andrewladd), Goodrow and Coleman, there will have to be players who step up. Well first, PEB and Parry should (partly) replace what Goodrow and Coleman brought, particularly on the PP, for Perry. I like bringing Bogo back. Colton should improve and ABB should be a good bottom sixer. IMO they'll drop, fatigue will likely be a factor for them sometime, but they'll be very solid.

FLA: adding Reinhart is huge for them. The Bennett deal is a high risk, high reward scenario, buying out Yandle and bringing back Montour was the right move to make. IMO they're a top 3 team.

BUF: . . .
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 19 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
My standings predictions:
Pacific:
1-Knights
2-Oilers
3-Flames
4-Canucks
5-Kraken
6-Kings
7-Sharks (although they could be last if they do a fire sale)
8-Ducks
Although the 4-6 positions is a crapshoot to predict

Central:
1-Avalanche
2-Jets
3-Stars
4-Blues
5-Blackhawks
6-Wild
7-Predators
8-Coyotes

Metro:
1-Flyers
2-Hurricanes
3-it's a
4-crapshoot
5-in those
6-positions
7-Devils
8-Blue Jackets

Atlantic:
1-Maple Leafs
2-Lightning
3-Panthers
4-Canadiens
5-Bruins
6-Senators
7-Red Wings
8-Sabres

And don't even ask me about the wild cards, or else I'll still be thinking about it in a week, without getting a second of sleep
@esoyeezus69
@sevenleg
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 7
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Central right now

MIN: I have already written about them, so I won't talk about them here.

CHI: I like adding both Jones(although they overpaid for Seth_, MAF (although his brain farts are getting worrisome), but their LD side is incredibly weak (Caleb, McCabe, De Haan isn't a good LD side, 2 of them are bottom pairing level defenders). Toews should help tho. IMO they're still missing the playoffs, but slightly

COL: they're finishing 1st

ARI: *shows picture of a tank*

STL: even if I like Buch (take care of him, STL) and Saad, Binnigton is still questionnable, Husso hasn't proven anything, no one knows what Tarasenko will do and he asked for a trade, losing Dunn will hurt. They better hope Parayko returns to form

NSH: they made the decision to rebuild, a decision they should've made after losing to DAL in 2019, so likely no playoffs for them.

WIN: their D got insanely better. Dillon is amazing and is a direct Chiarot replacement, just 2 years late, and Schmidt, even tho he's overpaid, is still a number 3 d-man capable of playing ove 20 minutes a night. Morrissey and Pionk will have less pressure on them. They're making the playoffs.

DAL is another question mark. They have 3-4 NHL goalies (depending on Bishop)(pls don't send Jake down), overpaid and overtermed Suter and Seguin is a question mark. Radulov IMO is primes for a massive regression in my opinion and he could very well be in the KHL by the end of 2022. They're maybe making the playoffs, but it'll depend on Suter and Seguin.

The biggest question marks for Dallas are what the hell will happen in net? and how will Suter look like?

Segs isn’t a question mark because he’s been racked with injuries and sickness for the last couple of years, now he’s fully healthy and will return to a 70-85 point player, Rads can be considered for a set back because he’s been injured recently, but he’s the type of player to only regress when he’s a the literal end of his career.

My biggest question is will they get a scoring winger? Because right now that 4th line will make suicide rates skyrocket, and that third line makes absolutely no sense. Faksa shouldn’t play on our 3rd line if we want to make a run and he and Gurianov will be an absolute mess because one is an offensive black whole and the other is an offensive god, and if both Raffl and Comeau play, superstars will have a fun time with that scoring on almost every shift.

Ideally I’d have a forward core of:

JRob-Hintz-Pavs
Kivi-Segs-Rads
Gurianov-Benn-Kessel
Glendening-Faksa-Comeau

If Dallas wants to be successful we need another scoring forward, Suter to be top 4 caliber, and Holtby and Oettinger both having good seasons. If we can get that the Stars could be contenders, but before that happens I see us as a 3rd place to a WC team.
A_Habs_fan et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 48
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Modifié 14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 58
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
How about no?
Still haven’t seen any of the 2021 Stanley Cup championship, and I’d like to keep it that way.

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
In my mind, the season ended on June 24th.

tears of joy Sorry dude, didn't mean to rub it in, should've put a warning sticker or something
Kotkaniemi15 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 53
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729

Just stack a team and put Blake Comeau and Andrew Cogliano on it, guarantee they'll throw the season away just like that.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 20 h 55
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

Pacific:
P-Vegas
P-Calgary
P-Edmonton
E-Seattle
E-Vancouver
E-Los Angeles
E-San Jose
E-Anaheim

Central:
P-Winnipeg
P-Colorado
P-Saint-Louis
WC1-Dallas
WC2-Chicago
E-Nashville
E-Minny
E-Arizona

Metro:
P-Philly
P-Carolina
P-NYI
E-NYR
E-Pittsburgh
E-Washington
E-New Jersey
E-Columbus

Atlantic:
P-Tampa
P-Florida
P-Toronto
WC1-Boston
WC-2Montreal
E-Detroit
E-Ottawa
E-Buffalo

Wow, Winnipeg>Colorado? Penguins and Capitals BOTH miss the playoffs? Philly finishes first in the Metro? Should be an entertaining year. (Happens to be, the Metro is the most unpredictable division this year, so can't really argue with anything except putting Columbus anywhere but last)

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage