SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

14 sept. 2021 à 8 h 42
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,364
So Stan Bowman may not be GM of team USA after all, and if this does happen, is Chicago forced to fire him?
https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-advocacy-group-wants-chicago-blackhawks-stan-bowman-suspended-from-u-s-olympic-team-1.1693176
14 sept. 2021 à 8 h 55
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,187
Quoting: Devil1122

Is this actually true?????

Quoting: Alfie11
probably, the peg is a sh*thole lol

Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Amen lol. Wpg sucks. I went there a couple years back and I kid you not, there was not enough stuff to do to fill three days. We were soooooooooo bored. There’s only so many one way streets and museums one can handle lul

The peg is an ok place.

Still, that would really surprise me if it was actually that far from the airport to the arena. I've been to both but I have no idea if it's true.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 9 h 57
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: Juiceman
Is put Pettersson in tier 4, as well as Barzal. I’d think Matthews could be tier 2 but idk

I just see the 2 centres there (Point and Barkov) as a clear cut above the next best center. Pettersen will get there and Barzal will likely, I just can’t justify putting Pettersen there until he has 1 or 2 more truly elite seasons
14 sept. 2021 à 9 h 58
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
I would put Kucherov and arguably Vasilevskiy in tier 2 as well. I definitely think that whatever tier Vasilevskiy is in, there shouldn’t be another goalie. Hellebuyck is the clear 2nd best goalie, but I wouldn’t say it’s a particularly close 2nd honestly. I’ve been thinking of doing something similar tbh, I might make one of these soon.

Both fair takes. I think Vasilevskiy stays in tier 3 but I’m inclined to agree with dropping Hellebuyck to tier 4 now that the idea has been pitched. Kind of have a hard time keeping Panarin in Kucherovs tier by the same logic
14 sept. 2021 à 10 h 40
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,691

Is this actually true?????

Fargo is N Dakota in the U S of A!
Looks like twitter "Troy McClure" should not 'text and drive'.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 11 h 11
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,494
St. Louis Blues Bozak to STL on a one-year league-minimum deal
MitchMarner_16, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 11 h 18
Quoting: SevenLeg

Steal
14 sept. 2021 à 11 h 30
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,095

With bonuses
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 16
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

How do people hate the Stars logo???

The Stars logo is meh, Florida’s should be way higher.
14 sept. 2021 à 12 h 26
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,940

Knew it

Heard from a buddy in St. Louis yesterday he really wanted to stay with the team. Cause apparently his 3 choices were St. Louis, Toronto, and Pittsburgh but he was heavily leaning towards staying
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 13 h 38
Hop on the Slaftrain

Devil a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 13 h 50
Hakuna Matata

I say of the 3 Jankowski is the guy they probs keep. Good defensive 4th line guy that fell off the face of the earth after 2 good seasons with Calgary.
A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 13 h 51
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: McGruff
Fargo is N Dakota in the U S of A!
Looks like twitter "Troy McClure" should not 'text and drive'.

Exactly, BellMTS place is 13KM away from YWG, unless for some unknown reason they do fly out of North Dakota which makes no sense
14 sept. 2021 à 13 h 56
Hakuna Matata
PLD jerseys are on sale

What could this mean?

Is this a sign of a trade?

Or do Jets fans dislike his jersey?

Tune in next time to see on DBZ
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 2
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: aadoyle
PLD jerseys are on sale

What could this mean?

Yes, before every trade the GM always contacts the team store and tells them to put the jersey of the player getting traded on sale
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 16
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: aadoyle
PLD jerseys are on sale

What could this mean?

Yes, before every trade the GM always contacts the team store and tells them to put the jersey of the player getting traded on sale

I'm pretty sure he changed his number to pay respect to Kivlenieks
NoVaSpartan, aadoyle, Kotkaniemi15 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 14 h 22
Hakuna Matata
I'm pretty sure he changed his number to pay respect to Kivlenieks

Oh yeah, forgot about that

Ironically even on sale his old jerseys with 13 are more expensive then his new ones with 80 on Fanatics
14 sept. 2021 à 15 h 47
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So Amazon is seriously spending millions of dollars advertising that they’re trying to stop climate change, instead of, I don’t know… maybe using that money to try and actually do something about it? 🤦‍♂️

cut.jpg

Naming an arena “Climate Pledge” isn’t going to educate anyone about climate change. Everyone out there is either:
- too stuck in their ways and too stupid to understand it
- has learned about it, and knows it’s effects
- doesn’t care about the consequences

And seeing an arena name isn’t going to change anything for any of these people.

The only people without the knowledge of climate change would be extremely young children, and they’re learning it in schools anyways.
Zinger, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 554

14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 25
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
So Amazon is seriously spending millions of dollars advertising that they’re trying to stop climate change, instead of, I don’t know… maybe using that money to try and actually do something about it? 🤦‍♂️

cut.jpg

Naming an arena “Climate Pledge” isn’t going to educate anyone about climate change. Everyone out there is either:
- too stuck in their ways and too stupid to understand it
- has learned about it, and knows it’s effects
- doesn’t care about the consequences

And seeing an arena name isn’t going to change anything for any of these people.

The only people without the knowledge of climate change would be extremely young children, and they’re learning it in schools anyways.

You overestimate the American education system lol. Here’s an article I found that you might find interesting. In there it mentions that Washington is one of the states where there have been difficulties adopting new curriculum, and until it’s standardized and mandated, the teachers that fall into categories 1 and 3 that you mentioned won’t teach it (and even then, they’ll likely barely cover it and/or do a mediocre job of teaching the details and importance). Hearing “Climate Pledge Arena” several times a night when you’re trying to relax can’t hurt in terms of raising awareness.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
How good is this?
Fabbri-Point-Coleman
Stastny-MacKinnon-Perron
Jarnkrok-R.Strome-Gurianov
Kuokkanen-Grand-Sutter

Theodore-Parayko
Edmundson-Severson
Kulikov-Gudas

Gibson
Halak
14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Is it me or MIN, as or right now, didn't improve in the slightest?

Goligoski could be a prime candidate for regression, even if we've been saying that for 2-3 years now and it never materialized and he got massively overpaid, Kulikov is good tho because he is a direct Soucy replacement, but they didn't add anyone at center, like Fred Gaudreau is no game changer...

Their biggest weakness last season was the lack of almost the absence of play driving centers and they didn't add any.

Unless Rossi massively improves, I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the playoffs this upcoming season.

Reverse jinx incoming?
14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Apart from a few exceptions here and there, I really have a very hard time making predictions for this upcoming season as to who will make the playoffs.

Tonight, I will make one post about each division
14 sept. 2021 à 16 h 54
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Is it me or MIN, as or right now, didn't improve in the slightest?

Goligoski could be a prime candidate for regression, even if we've been saying that for 2-3 years now and it never materialized and he got massively overpaid, Kulikov is good tho because he is a direct Soucy replacement, but they didn't add anyone at center, like Fred Gaudreau is no game-changer...

Their biggest weakness last season was the lack of almost the absence of play driving centers and they didn't add any.

Unless Rossi massively improves, I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the playoffs this upcoming season.

Reverse jinx incoming?

Nah, i have Minny 7th in the Central currently ( With or without Kap their forward core kinda sucks, goaltending isn't amazing and Goligoski probably shouldn't be a top 4 )¸
I also don't see Rossi making the team
14 sept. 2021 à 17 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Here is the post about the Metro.

I think it's fair to say the Jackets will miss the playoffs. They entered a retool/rebuild/youth movement by moving Jones and Dubois (even though they weren't old by any means).

NJ still badly lacks experience and a lot of their depth is unproven. Graves only has 2 full NHL seasons now and he was 2nd in 19-20 behind Girard and third behind the aforementioned Girard and Toews in 2021, so he has precisely 0 experience being a number 1 d-man, so I wouldn't get too excited about this move. I don't see the point for Tatar since he removes ice time from the youth and NO, Hamilton is NOT a God among mortals.

WSH IMO are prime candidates to drop. Oshie, Backstrom and Ovi are all getting up there in age and I believe Oshie will start declining this season, Dillon will be missed on the backend, he was their best defensive d-man and unless Fehervary comes in and is a massive help on the blueline there could be consequences on the backend.

PIT is still a question mark. They're still good, but even if I like adding McGinn and Heinen, there's still something off with this team. They spend too much money on their D-core, especially with MM and MP in the 4-5M range) and not enough on G and for the F depth. Also Zucker is overpaid. The prospect pool is almost dry, Malkin has shown clear signs of regression in 2021 and Letang, even if he was good/great/borderline elite in 2021, did show signs of decline in 19-20, so there are question marks there. Sid will be fine tho. And the goaltenting is still a big question mark and they better hope the new coach there fixes that, or they're not getting through the first round of the playoffs.

PHI as improved, I like adding Jones, I believe he was in need of a fresh start and I believe he will be a good backup and should help Hart. Hell, I think we will start to see the real Risto with less pressure and ice time, Ellis is a massive help but I don't understand the acquisition of Yandle, since he and Risto are horrendous in their own zones. Atkinson in for Voracek is a massive win and tbh, I believe they're finishing 1st in the metro.

CAR is... well, everyone knows the questions around them, so let's move on.

My team, the Rangers, have become tougher to play against (we will no longer get pushed around by teams like the Isles) and Nemeth will be awesome to help Nils on the defensive front. Adding a brand new coaching staff should help. Kakko and Laffy are in for a great season IMO, and Chytil will return to his january/febuary 2021 form, and should start establishing himself as a top 6 player.

The Isles are a question mark for me. Yes they kept their core around, but their LD side is one of the weakest ones among teams that want to compete for the playoffs (if Pelech goes down long term they're screwed) and Eberle isn't replaced, unless Whalstrom is amazing.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage