SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

11 sept. 2021 à 13 h 28
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
Quoting: yikes
If only Trotz saw the it the same way 🥲 give the kid a full time winger and you got 90 points easy 😤

Yeah I mean that Trotz system doesn’t hold back Barzal at all. Barzal has the freedom to exit and enter the zone as he pleases + create offense, he was top 10 among forwards in 5v5 points last season, The reason why he wasn’t a PPG player last season is because he didn’t have a one time threat on the PP - for whatever reason Trotz decided to put Wahlstrom with Bailey instead of Barzal.
11 sept. 2021 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: Saskleaf
They were that good?!?!

I guess Andersen was better than I thought.

That was also McElhinney's God year. It was only 18 games but he had a .934. He and Andersen kept that sinking ship afloat.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 13 h 39
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Offseason grades Metropolitian Division
Hurricanes: C-
CLB: B+
Devils: A+
Islanders: B-
Rangers: D
Flyers: B
Penguins: C+
Capitals: C
11 sept. 2021 à 13 h 46
Quoting: Devil1122

I’d give the flyers a C+ - they used a 2nd round pick to get rid of Ghost and then traded a few high picks for a worse defenseman. Signing Martin Jones was a mistake as well.

Devils deserve an A… besides Hughes I don’t think they had a good draft.
EsoYeezus69 et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 13 h 50
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

0/10
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 6
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: aadoyle
Plekenic

As a Habs fan I'm sad that you butchered my childhood favorite player's name like that.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 35
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: SevenLeg
As a Habs fan I'm sad that you butchered my childhood favorite player's name like that.

Pleckineck
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 40
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 47
NHL 2021/22 PRESEASON GRADES (OF TEAMS OFFSEASONS)

FLA - A+ = Added Reinhart for a amazing price plus great moves elsewhere
BOS - B+ = They added some strong depth, question in net still with Rask in the air
TOR - C = didn't do any wrong but didn't do much overall, dont like the Mrzaek move but its not bad
TB - B+ = moving johnson for only a second makes them nearly an A imo
OTT - D+ = hated their draft. I mean hate it. I dont care about anything else.
MTL - B- = Mailloux should make them a F but they had a good offseason and dealt with KK as well as they could. Savard is a great pickup.
DET - A- = solid draft and that Ned grab is huge plus other good pickups
BUF - C+ = Low return for Reinhart, but great return for Risto. Eichel not moving made me want to give them a D, but a good draft.

METROPOLITAN
CBJ - A = Loved their draft
CAR - C- = odd moves and risky gambles (ADA, KK, net situation) nothing brutal but not much good.
WSH - D = did nothing
PIT - D = did nothing
PHI - B = Ellis was a great grab and they made some good subtle moves/ extensions
NYR - C = Wilson runs this team but they did get better (with some questionable money handed out tho)
NYI - A = good draft, good team, good contracts, blah blah
NJ - S = sacrificed none of their future and got exponentially better

CENTRAL
MIN - B+ = loved their draft (assuming KK resigns), but they still need a C
CHI - D+ = bad draft, overpay jones both trade and money, but theyre gonna be good so is it really a D?
WPG - C = did they do anything lol
NSH - C+ = started a rebuild but then stopped immediately lol, shoulda sold FF and more pieces, maybe sell Josi for a ransom lol
ARI - S+ = WRIGHT, BEDARD, MATTHEWS in '24, CHYCHRUN, KELLER <3
STL - B = Tara not moved so reduction but Buch is a great grab
COL - B+ = nothing major but good moves/ money given out overall
DAL - B = did this team do anything, oh yeah Suter lol. Good draft and Suter is a decent grab imo

PACIFIC
SEA - B- = coulda had a better exp. draft, but did great overall
CGY - B = nothing bad and a good draft, but they have 1 last chance
VGS - D = Buried Fleury like trash and didn't do much but lose pieces, tho LB is a good backup grab
ANA - F = Did nothing and shoulda sold some pieces for draft capital and built around Zegras for the future
VAN - C = imagine if they just traded for Garland alone smfh.. OEL is gonna bury this teams money with Myers. They made good moves otherwise tho ig.
SJ - B = revamped net, amazing draft, good signings, still in limbo otherwise woulda rated higher.
LA - S = hate to love their project
EDM - F = got worse by a mile on the backend and didnt improve in net, got a good winger thats it tho
Devil, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 48
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Juiceman
Pleckineck

😡
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 51
Ex Nucks fan
😡

Ondray Markoff
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 55
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Db1899
I’d give the flyers a C+ - they used a 2nd round pick to get rid of Ghost and then traded a few high picks for a worse defenseman. Signing Martin Jones was a mistake as well.

Devils deserve an A… besides Hughes I don’t think they had a good draft.

Fair grade for the Flyers. I forgot about the Ghost trade. I really liked the Ellis trade though

The Devils had a solid draft besides the Hughes pick. Salminen, Vilen, and Hurtig were all good picks. The only reach was Stillman, who wasn't even that bad of a pick. He was projected mid-2nd round and the Devils drafted him end of 1st.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 56
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Andersen was legit top 5 in the league back then

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Andersen, minus the injuries has been a good goalie for the past couple years no matter how much leafs fans sh*t on him

Andersen was amazing. The majority of the Leafs fan base will NEVER appreciate what he did.

From the outside looking in (not being at all a Leaf fan); Andersen truly had some fabulous seasons. You don’t even need to stats, when you watched the Leafs he was their “carry”. He carried the Leafs when the young kids weren’t quite good enough and when the team didn’t even know there was such a thing as “defence”.

I love Freddy, he won’t win a cup with Carolina (just my take), but I really would like to see him get one.

Ya, I knew he was very good (you could tell by watching him), but I didn't know he was good enough that he carried the league's worst top 4 to the 11 best GAA. That's insane.

Well Freddie was 4th in Vezina voting that year

Somehow I didn't know that.
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 57
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: TheFlamingC
0/10

4/10
11 sept. 2021 à 14 h 58
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
That was also McElhinney's God year. It was only 18 games but he had a .934. He and Andersen kept that sinking ship afloat.

It's a shame he fell off a cliff, I really liked Andersen.
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Modifié 11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 13
Quoting: Saskleaf
It's a shame he fell off a cliff, I really liked Andersen.

That's called having to carry a team that doesn't give a sh*t about the word «defense» for 4 seasons and being overplayed. It happens every time. Schneider is another good example. He had to carry the Devils for literally half a decade a then fell off a major cliff.

It's insane how good Hank was for like 95% of his career considering he didn't have a true number 1 center and defensman to work with for much of his career in the Big Apple
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 8
Fair grade for the Flyers. I forgot about the Ghost trade. I really liked the Ellis trade though

The Devils had a solid draft besides the Hughes pick. Salminen, Vilen, and Hurtig were all good picks. The only reach was Stillman, who wasn't even that bad of a pick. He was projected mid-2nd round and the Devils drafted him end of 1st.

The Ellis trade was great, but the other moves cancelled it out IMO.

Yeah I’m talking about the Stillman pick - I thought they should have went with Stankoven, koivunen, or pastujov
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 9
Speak of the Devil

BOS - B+ = They added some strong depth, question in net still with Rask in the air
TOR - C = didn't do any wrong but didn't do much overall, dont like the Mrzaek move but its not bad
MTL - B- = Mailloux should make them a F but they had a good offseason and dealt with KK as well as they could. Savard is a great pickup.
BUF - C+ = Low return for Reinhart, but great return for Risto. Eichel not moving made me want to give them a D, but a good draft.

METROPOLITAN
CAR - C- = odd moves and risky gambles (ADA, KK, net situation) nothing brutal but not much good.
WSH - D = did nothing
PIT - D = did nothing
PHI - B = Ellis was a great grab and they made some good subtle moves/ extensions
NYR - C = Wilson runs this team but they did get better (with some questionable money handed out tho)

CENTRAL
CHI - D+ = bad draft, overpay jones both trade and money, but theyre gonna be good so is it really a D?
NSH - C+ = started a rebuild but then stopped immediately lol, shoulda sold FF and more pieces, maybe sell Josi for a ransom lol
DAL - B = did this team do anything, oh yeah Suter lol. Good draft and Suter is a decent grab imo

PACIFIC
VGS - D = Buried Fleury like trash and didn't do much but lose pieces, tho LB is a good backup grab
ANA - F = Did nothing and shoulda sold some pieces for draft capital and built around Zegras for the future
VAN - C = imagine if they just traded for Garland alone smfh.. OEL is gonna bury this teams money with Myers. They made good moves otherwise tho ig.
SJ - B = revamped net, amazing draft, good signings, still in limbo otherwise woulda rated higher.
EDM - F = got worse by a mile on the backend and didnt improve in net, got a good winger thats it tho

I think the Panthers are a little too high
Swayman and Ullmark could be a great pairing
I liked the depth the Maple Leafs got. But they could have played their cards much better
Agreed with the rest

Did the Rangers really get better?
F for Islanders because they made us wait for a long time
Agree with the rest

I've never seen someone use KK abbreviation for Kaprizov
Too low on Chicago. MAf trade was a steal
Winnipeg really upgraded their defense and had a fantastic draft
The term for Suter is bad
Agree with the rest

The Kraken had a strange offseason. They're in the middle of playoff team and rebuilding team (NOT GOOD)
Poolman contract was awful too
Am I the only one who doesn't get the Danault signing for LA?
Agree with the rest (maybe a bit harsh on the Oilers)
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 9
Ex Nucks fan

METROPOLITAN
WSH - D = did nothing
PIT - D = did nothing

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

Personally I think the Canucks deserve a B at least for the short term. Yes there are long term implications but the team got a whole lot better and frees up money short term so we can sign our big guns. OEL is definitely an upgrade over a 36 year old Edler who can barely skate anymore even if his contract is bad. The Canucks couldn’t have gotten Garland alone. The picks were used to dump Eriksson, Beagle, and Roussel and Garland was used to take on OEL. The forward core got a lot better. Dickinson was a great addition and it’s a huge upgrade from having Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen, Motte-Beagle-Eriksson as our bottom six
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

METROPOLITAN
WSH - D = did nothing
PIT - D = did nothing

CENTRAL

PACIFIC

I agree with pretty much everything here
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
That's called having to carry a team that doesn't give a sh*t about the word «defense» for 4 seasons and being overplayed. It happens every time. Schneider is another good example. He had to carry the Devils for literally half a decade a then fell off a major cliff.

It's insane how good Hank has been for like 95% of his career considering he didn't have a true number 1 center and defensman to work with for much of his career in the Big Apple

And by the way, speaking of the Big Apple,
911-never-forget.png
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, AndrewLadd and 8 others a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 12
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Db1899
The Ellis trade was great, but the other moves cancelled it out IMO.

Yeah I’m talking about the Stillman pick - I thought they should have went with Stankoven, koivunen, or pastujov

Stankoven or Pastujov really fell, so did Raty, Koivunen was a 2nd and i agree while Stillman was a 3rd on my board
11 sept. 2021 à 15 h 15
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Stankoven or Pastujov really fell, so did Raty, Koivunen was a 2nd and i agree while Stillman was a 3rd on my board

I can understand the Devils not taking Raty because he’s a center, if I was running the devils draft I would have taken Stankoven. He reminds me of Marchessault.
11 sept. 2021 à 16 h 6
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,732

omg I missed 2 letters dammit

Plekanec

Its like Mikheyev where it took me so long to memorize how to spell it lul.

Normally I was good at his name but for some reason I had to misspell in that post

WHA
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 16 h 7
Hop on the Slaftrain
omg I missed 2 letters dammit

Plekanec

Better
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
11 sept. 2021 à 19 h 40