SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

5 sept. 2021 à 20 h 40
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: SevenLeg
He definitely has a strong chance to play with Anderson and Toffoli, depending on who is with Suzuki & Caufield

I doubt it tbh. Surely they’ll keep the Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield line together won’t they? And then Gallagher is better than Anderson so he’ll be on the second line with Dvorak. Presumably Drouin slides back in at 2LW, or they go with Lehkonen to try and recreate the successful shutdown line from the playoffs, OR they put Hoffman there (probably the most likely), but Anderson likely stays at 3RW regardless.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-Evans-Anderson
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia
Perreault (scratch) / Byron (LTIR)
Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 20 h 56
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,364
Quoting: Alfie11
I doubt it tbh. Surely they’ll keep the Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield line together won’t they? And then Gallagher is better than Anderson so he’ll be on the second line with Dvorak. Presumably Drouin slides back in at 2LW, or they go with Lehkonen to try and recreate the successful shutdown line from the playoffs, OR they put Hoffman there (probably the most likely), but Anderson likely stays at 3RW regardless.

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-Evans-Anderson
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

Kinda like last year imo which line your on won’t matter, all habs players will get approximately the same ice time, i also see Evans playing with Gallagher and Hoffman as he has good chemistry with Gally
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 0
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Kinda like last year imo which line your on won’t matter, all habs players will get approximately the same ice time, i also see Evans playing with Gallagher and Hoffman as he has good chemistry with Gally

I mean Evans is your 3rd best centre, and Gallagher is arguably your best winger, at worst 2nd best. Hoffman is probably your 3rd best winger. Doesnt make sense to play them on your 3rd line. Rolling all 4 lines is great in theory but there’s no shot guys like Suzuki and Gallagher should be getting the same ice time at even strength as guys like Lehkonen and Paquette.
5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 3
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,494

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Hoffman-Dvorak-Gallagher
Drouin-Evans-Anderson
Lehkonen-Paquette-Armia

Drouin doesn't really have familiarity with anyone on this roster except Suzuki and Armia. I figure they'd but him back with Suzuki to ease his come back. Gallagher is sure better than Anderson but I really can't see Anderson and Hoffman, both bad passers/playmakers, on the same line. Gallagher has shown a lot of versatility over the past few seasons so I could see him working well on the 3rd line with newer linemates. His offensive production has taken a hit since his hand injuries so I'd take my time before putting him on a line where he's pressured to produce. That'd mean -

Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield
Toffoli-Dvorak-Anderson
Hoffman-Poehling-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Evans-Armia

That's just my take though, this team has so many possible lines combinations.
A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15, Saskleaf and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,938
Modifié 5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 44
So according to Bruce Garrioch, Sens Logan Brown wants to be dealt before training camp begins

If that's the case where do we think hes going and what's gonna be the return.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 47
Quoting: aadoyle
So according to Bruce Garrioch, Sens Logan Brown wants to be dealt before training camp begins

If that's the case where do we think hes going and what's gonna be the return.

Realistically his comparable is Lias Andersson, late 2nd/early 3rd type of thing. Ideally he’d be a closer in a larger trade (preferably for a centre, Eichel or Hertl plz).
Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 21 h 48
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Unit 2 be my guess unless they want him on unit 1 to get more faceoff wins.

I mean 18th in PPG is pretty impressive for a bumper player. He’s probably on the first unit, since our other bumper is probably Anderson or Armia.
5 sept. 2021 à 22 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Realistically his comparable is Lias Andersson, late 2nd/early 3rd type of thing. Ideally he’d be a closer in a larger trade (preferably for a centre, Eichel or Hertl plz).

Yeah

I was thinking either Andersson trade

or

Something like a 1 for 1 trade for another prospect who seems to have not found their way into their teams respected lineup (kind of like what happened with Glass and Patrick or Petterson and Sprong)
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 22 h 33
Yeah

I was thinking either Andersson trade

or

Something like a 1 for 1 trade for another prospect who seems to have not found their way into their teams respected lineup (kind of like what happened with Glass and Patrick or Petterson and Sprong)

Yeah I haven’t looked for good comparables in terms of a prospect swap recently but idk if anyone’s high enough on him to do something like that, injuries are a major concern. A year ago I was looking at guys like Patrick or Puljujarvi for a prospect swap but obviously they wouldn’t be available for something like that now. Ottawa would be looking for a C or RW prospect, maybe RD, probably not G, almost definitely not LD or LW.
5 sept. 2021 à 23 h 26
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Jake Gardiner out for the season. Probably a fortunate break for Carolina. I wouldn't be surprised if he's played his final game with the Canes.
Saskleaf et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2021 à 23 h 44
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914

I'm surprised Torts didn't use this line in his career
Devil, MitchMarner_16, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2021 à 0 h 34
Hakuna Matata
So KK who is gonna be making 6.1mill is only gonna get his momma $20 bucks worth of gifts for Christmas shame (hes probs memeing)

Still though found it funny

EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf et Zinger a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2021 à 1 h 7
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
So KK who is gonna be making 6.1mill is only gonna get his momma $20 bucks worth of gifts for Christmas shame (hes probs memeing)

Still though found it funny

When you make 6 mil a year and find your mom a 20 dollar Christmas gift…
6 sept. 2021 à 3 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Ehh, every fanbase has their foolish and biased fans, but since the Habs, Leafs, have bigger fanbases, you hear them a lot more, Kotkaniemi probably will sign like a 5x4 come January, more team affordable, doesn’t lose too much money, and is a fair deal for both

He can’t, it’s gonna be 6,M minimum
6 sept. 2021 à 4 h 39
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

That’s only if he decides to force them to give him his QO every year. That’s likely what he woulda forced Montreal to do. But Carolina probably figured out what a long term deal would cost while he was a free agent (perfectly legal) and then arranged for a follow up deal at an adjusted term/aav if you take 1 year and 6.1mil off of that, which he’ll sign in January.
6 sept. 2021 à 6 h 4
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

Nope, that’s only if he accepts his QA, which he can only get after the season ends, that’s a common misconception
6 sept. 2021 à 12 h 18
Hakuna Matata
Nope, that’s only if he accepts his QA, which he can only get after the season ends, that’s a common misconception

My prediction is Carolina in January will sign KK to a Kadri deal as I believe they already have a long term deal ready for him and the number reported was somewhere near or below 5mill. Smart move as giving him his QA is not a great idea unless he breaks out
6 sept. 2021 à 13 h 50
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Random question: For those who play fantasy hockey, 1) what league do you use (Fantrax, Yahoo, etc.), and 2) what's your preferred scoring system (H2H Most Categories, Roto, Points-based, etc.)?
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2021 à 13 h 55
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Random question: For those who play fantasy hockey, 1) what league do you use (Fantrax, Yahoo, etc.), and 2) what's your preferred scoring system (H2H Most Categories, Roto, Points-based, etc.)?

I don’t think site matters, i have ESPN and Yahoo since those were the one that the people around me used, I think weekly matchups are the best scoring system
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2021 à 13 h 57
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060

Yahoo and H2H cats
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2021 à 14 h 14
Farewell
I don’t think site matters, i have ESPN and Yahoo since those were the one that the people around me used, I think weekly matchups are the best scoring system

Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Yahoo and H2H cats

To the naked eye Fantrax seems to have more features than the rest, but seems to be less popular, hence the question.
6 sept. 2021 à 14 h 37
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060
To the naked eye Fantrax seems to have more features than the rest, but seems to be less popular, hence the question.

I've used fantrax before but they don't have a phone app. Yahoo is just more convenient for me and has enough features that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything
6 sept. 2021 à 14 h 51

Yahoo h2h cats. Works pretty well, I’ve had no issues with it. The app is nice for most things, and the web version lets you do any more in depth research on adds/drops so I find it works well.
6 sept. 2021 à 16 h 14
Farewell
I really need to do a mock draft with live actual people, because it doesn't make much sense that I wind up with this team drafting 12th (out of 12):

Forwards: Artemi Panarin, Kirill Kaprizov, Kyle Connor, Ryan O'Reilly, Matthew Tkachuk (Bench: Mathew Barzal, Elias Pettersson, TJ Oshie, William Karlsson)

Defense: Cale Makar, Torey Krug, Zach Werenski (Bench: Samuel Girard)

Goalies: Darcy Kuemper, Jacob Markstrom (Bench: MacKenzie Blackwood)

Would absolutely demolish the competition in any fantasy league.
6 sept. 2021 à 16 h 47
I really need to do a mock draft with live actual people, because it doesn't make much sense that I wind up with this team drafting 12th (out of 12):

Forwards: Artemi Panarin, Kirill Kaprizov, Kyle Connor, Ryan O'Reilly, Matthew Tkachuk (Bench: Mathew Barzal, Elias Pettersson, TJ Oshie, William Karlsson)

Defense: Cale Makar, Torey Krug, Zach Werenski (Bench: Samuel Girard)

Goalies: Darcy Kuemper, Jacob Markstrom (Bench: MacKenzie Blackwood)

Would absolutely demolish the competition in any fantasy league.

Like every league, would depend on how the settings are, last year I won our CF league by having pretty much only centers since Faceoffs were OP, but yes that’s a good team

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage