3 sept. 2021 à 20 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 3 sept. 2021 à 20 h 22
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Apart from Kuemper, pretty much everyone who was voted in is a lock

Kuemper will probs be goalie #3 in case Price or MAF get hurt

Also Ekblad will probs be a scratch but yeah as if we go my the Dcore list we got to many RD and only 1 LD who really prefers to play RD lul.

Rn I see

Pelech-Hamilton
Theodore-Makar
Chycrun-Pitrangelo
AndrewLadd et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 20 h 13
Rejoint: août 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 12,084
💯

AndrewLadd, Devil, yikes and 7 others a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 27
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Db1899
💯

Lmfao
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 29
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Realized that 2 of the best young dmen in the nhl were born on Long Island 😎
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 33
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Since when was Roman Polak born on Long Island?
A_Habs_fan et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 36
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

PK Subban was born in Canada
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 48
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293

Damn, Cody Ceci is from Long Island
EsoYeezus69 et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 48
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

Bro… Blake Comeau is 35… and a forward… and born in Saskatoon. Only correct statement was best
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 50
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Bro… Blake Comeau is 35… and a forward… and born in Saskatoon. Only correct statement was best

And the in the NHL part.
3 sept. 2021 à 21 h 51
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816

John Scotts Canadian I thought
3 sept. 2021 à 22 h 58
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
18.5 hours left to match. ⏰

Here’s to hoping I’m still emotionally stable tomorrow night. I’m counting on you Bergy.
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others a aimé ceci.
3 sept. 2021 à 23 h 25
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Apart from Kuemper, pretty much everyone who was voted in is a lock

Because of his gold medal winning world championship performance, I think Kuemper is a pretty safe bet to be one of the 3 goalies. I’d even suggest he’s more of a lock than Fleury at this point if healthy, Fleury’s been quite inconsistent throughout his career, Kuemper’s younger, and Kuemper’s outperformed him 2 of the last 3 years on a worse team (and from now until the Olympics Kuemper will be on the significantly better team).

If any of the guys on that team of 8 don’t make it, I’d guess it would be guys like Pelech, Hamilton, and Chychrun. Chabot is a hockey Canada guy, won best D at the world juniors, so I think (assuming good performance) he’s got a slight edge on those guys (I might be biased but given Canada always goes equal lefties and righties and tends to reward guys who play well for them I think it’s a reasonable bet, he’d be in the conversation regardless). Pelech, Chychrun, Nurse, and Rielly would be battling for the 3rd LD spot (not necessarily 3rd pair). Right side should be Makar, Pietrangelo, Hamilton but it would not surprise me to see Ekblad or Doughty over Hamilton. The top 15 forwards look pretty solid.

My bet for camp invites (assuming 50, in 2014 it was 47 but 50 is a nicer number) are below. J. Toews not included because he just missed an entire season. If he comes back and plays half decent then he’ll very likely get an invite at least. My top 5 guys not on this list are J. Toews, N. Suzuki, Wilson, Brodie, and Burns but I wanted to keep it to 50.

Forwards (26):
Huberdeau-McDavid-MacKinnon
Marchand-Bergeron-Crosby
Stamkos-Point-Marner
Couturier-ROR-Stone

Barzal, Tavares, Scheifele, Giroux, Eberle, Perron, Nuge, Benn, Seguin, Toffoli, Horvat, Hall, Mangiapane, C. Brown

Defensemen (18):
Pelech-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Hamilton

Ekblad, Chychrun, Doughty, Weegar, D. Toews, Nurse, Rielly, Pulock, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Girard

Goalies (6):
Price-Fleury-Kuemper

Binnington, Blackwood, Hart
4 sept. 2021 à 0 h 43
So I just made a team Canada, a B Team, and a C Team. Putting aside for a second player changes (undoubtedly everyone will think one guy should move up or down, but we can debate that in ACGM if you want), how well do you think these teams would do if they were allowed to compete?

For the B Team, I legitimately feel like they could medal. I would say they are worse than the USA, but they’re right in there with Russia, Sweden, and Finland competing for bronze. Mangiapane-Cirelli-Brown is a superb shutdown line that can score (plus existing Mangiapane+Brown chemistry), they’ve got some high end talent in Scheifele, Hall, and the underappreciated Perron, some good vets on the 2nd line, a superb D core highlighted by an outstanding top pair of D. Toews-Weegar, and some good young goalies. Their depth is still better than most countries, especially up front (I’d take Cirelli, this team’s 4C, over Shipachyov, who is probably Russia’s 2nd best centre after Malkin with Kuznetsov banned, and this team’s bottom six beats Finland for sure, and probably Sweden too). I’d say they’d be competing in the bronze medal match.

As for Team C, I think this team still looks scary good. Hyman-Danault-Gallagher would be a nightmare to play against, and if you escape that you’re dealing with the likes of Kane, Wilson, Kadri, and Konecny, all super annoying players. This team is essentially four 2nd lines and three 2nd defense pairs. Very balanced, very good 2-ways, physical and annoying, plenty of scoring to go around. The lack of high end talent would hurt them in matchups against Russia/Sweden/Finland I think, but if Talbot performs well they might be able to hang in there playing a tight-checking style. I think they’d still beat the next tier of countries (Czech Republic, Germany, etc.) especially if they win the matchup game and get the Danault line against Pastrnak and Draisaitl, but they’d probably emerge victorious regardless with the bottom six feasting on the lack of depth for these countries. I’d probably have them finishing in the 5-7 range.

How do you think these teams would do? Would having a Canada B and C Team make things more interesting/competitive? Maybe including combining other countries (like Canada A/B/C, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland, rest of the world)? I think a tournament with 8 of those teams would certainly be interesting, having a team with Kopitar+Pastrnak+Draisaitl+Josi+Ehlers is better than having each of them on one team that you know is simply gonna get slaughtered by the big 5, and I think with good coaching all of these games would be competitive.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 1 h 26
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: Alfie11
So I just made a team Canada, a B Team, and a C Team. Putting aside for a second player changes (undoubtedly everyone will think one guy should move up or down, but we can debate that in ACGM if you want), how well do you think these teams would do if they were allowed to compete?

For the B Team, I legitimately feel like they could medal. I would say they are worse than the USA, but they’re right in there with Russia, Sweden, and Finland competing for bronze. Mangiapane-Cirelli-Brown is a superb shutdown line that can score (plus existing Mangiapane+Brown chemistry), they’ve got some high end talent in Scheifele, Hall, and the underappreciated Perron, some good vets on the 2nd line, a superb D core highlighted by an outstanding top pair of D. Toews-Weegar, and some good young goalies. Their depth is still better than most countries, especially up front (I’d take Cirelli, this team’s 4C, over Shipachyov, who is probably Russia’s 2nd best centre after Malkin with Kuznetsov banned, and this team’s bottom six beats Finland for sure, and probably Sweden too). I’d say they’d be competing in the bronze medal match.

As for Team C, I think this team still looks scary good. Hyman-Danault-Gallagher would be a nightmare to play against, and if you escape that you’re dealing with the likes of Kane, Wilson, Kadri, and Konecny, all super annoying players. This team is essentially four 2nd lines and three 2nd defense pairs. Very balanced, very good 2-ways, physical and annoying, plenty of scoring to go around. The lack of high end talent would hurt them in matchups against Russia/Sweden/Finland I think, but if Talbot performs well they might be able to hang in there playing a tight-checking style. I think they’d still beat the next tier of countries (Czech Republic, Germany, etc.) especially if they win the matchup game and get the Danault line against Pastrnak and Draisaitl, but they’d probably emerge victorious regardless with the bottom six feasting on the lack of depth for these countries. I’d probably have them finishing in the 5-7 range.

How do you think these teams would do? Would having a Canada B and C Team make things more interesting/competitive? Maybe including combining other countries (like Canada A/B/C, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland, rest of the world)? I think a tournament with 8 of those teams would certainly be interesting, having a team with Kopitar+Pastrnak+Draisaitl+Josi+Ehlers is better than having each of them on one team that you know is simply gonna get slaughtered by the big 5, and I think with good coaching all of these games would be competitive.

Quoting: Alfie11

The final paragraph is a good idea for a World Cup. I feel like Canada C is pushing it but I could see a Canada B in a World Cup setting. Wether as a snake format or as a single stacked team
Alfie11, A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 2 h 23
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

*Meadow Lake
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 4 h 26
The final paragraph is a good idea for a World Cup. I feel like Canada C is pushing it but I could see a Canada B in a World Cup setting. Wether as a snake format or as a single stacked team

Might be interesting to split by province as well. Quebec and east, Ontario and west? Or maybe Quebec and east, Ontario on its own, and then everything west of Ontario? Could probably field 2 or 3 very competitive teams that way, the majority of Canadian hockey players tend to be from Ontario, Quebec, and BC/Alberta in that order so having those 3 feed three separate teams would be interesting. Whoever gets the Nova Scotia boys is obviously gonna be loaded though lol. The USA is probably good enough to do something similar, I’m not sure where they’d split though, I’m not as familiar with where American players are specifically from (I assume Michigan, Minnesota, California, and New York are big hitters, so maybe Minnesota’s western border, i.e. Minnesota/Iowa/Missouri/Arkansas/Louisiana and everything west of them on one team, the rest on another). I might look into this more, see how these teams look and how they compare to international teams. Most other countries lack the depth, so cutting into that a bit might make for more balanced international play.
4 sept. 2021 à 7 h 12
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Well know if MB matches today, he should match but there’s a possibility of a Dvorak trade or a trade if he doesn’t match ( there’s no way Evans/Poehling is 2c ). If MB does a trade he should either trade for a better C with Kk picks (maybe +) or if Dvorak, ideally less than Kk picks since long term Kk is better than Dvorak with the way higher ceiling but 1st + 3rd is fair for Dvorak. depends on if you see it as Kk for Dvorak or 1st and 3rd for Dvorak
4 sept. 2021 à 10 h 16
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Well know if MB matches today, he should match but there’s a possibility of a Dvorak trade or a trade if he doesn’t match ( there’s no way Evans/Poehling is 2c ). If MB does a trade he should either trade for a better C with Kk picks (maybe +) or if Dvorak, ideally less than Kk picks since long term Kk is better than Dvorak with the way higher ceiling but 1st + 3rd is fair for Dvorak. depends on if you see it as Kk for Dvorak or 1st and 3rd for Dvorak

When is the deadline? In a few hours?
4 sept. 2021 à 10 h 18
Speak of the Devil

4 sept. 2021 à 11 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: HelmutCool
When is the deadline? In a few hours?

I believe 5:30 EST tonight
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 11 h 9
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
I’m so used to these fake accounts now lol. Did u know if you say orange five times it sounds like gullible 🤣🤣🤣
Zinger et Devil a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 11 h 48
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
I believe 5:30 EST tonight

5PM
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 11 h 48
Speak of the Devil

🤮
yikes et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 12 h 25
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Quoting: Devil1122

🤮

Those Jerseys be doo doo
Devil, yikes, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
4 sept. 2021 à 12 h 38
Quoting: Devil1122

🤮

When they were flashing different parts of it it was bad enough. When they revealed the whole thing it was truly grotesque. Terrible design, terrible colouring (mustard gloves? Really?), terrible jersey.
Devil a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage