SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 38
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Yes I get that it's against the rules but I don't get why the rules are not enforced consistently. All of those other posts I mentioned were not rosters either but they weren't deleted while mine was

There were lots of comments on my post and also lots of comments on those other posts (which are still up btw), so it's not like they are just flying under the radar. Seems like they are arbitrarily deciding which posts to delete and which ones to keep

I hear ya, and I read a few posts with the same beef last week.
Maybe try the site discussion forum and see what they say...
Cheers
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 39
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: McGruff
Earth is 4.6 Billion-Yrs old...and believe me climate-change (warming/cooling/freezing/glaciations happen. And they happen alot)!
150 to 200 yrs of humanoid "data" is a joke, but you know - sheep are herded easily and then so easily they get slaughtered!

You’re right, Earth is really old and has lived through many events that nearly lead to the extinction of all life. If we humans continue to go as we’re going, life will go on. But the thing is that we’re drastically changing our environment, and instead of waiting hundreds of millions of years until the next cataclysmic event or 3.5 billion years until all the water on earth evaporates, we’re driving head on into manufacturing the extinction of our own species as well as most species on the planet. So while what is happening isn’t out of the ordinary in earth’s history, it’s a terrible thing that is completely preventable.
McGruff, Alfie11, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 40
GM CRIME DAWG
Modifié 2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 54
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
You’re right, Earth is really old and has lived through many events that nearly lead to the extinction of all life. If we humans continue to go as we’re going, life will go on. But the thing is that we’re drastically changing our environment, and instead of waiting hundreds of millions of years until the next cataclysmic event or 3.5 billion years until all the water on earth evaporates, we’re driving head on into manufacturing the extinction of our own species as well as most species on the planet. So while what is happening isn’t out of the ordinary in earth’s history, it’s a terrible thing that is completely preventable.

If it can't be grown it has to be mined I spose hey...

However, there's no free lunch I'm afraid for the enviro's of the world...

The new world order is down-sizing oil because they are invested in tech-for-profit

* Turbines are steel & concrete & copper.
* Solar is quartz and aluminum and REE's
* City charging stations for EVs loaded w/ mined minerals also all have massive dam & flooded regions in the "rural" areas behind them.

And we seem to "bull-doze" over and not think twice about how important those rural folks are while we latte' & Starbuck & have $14 avacado toast on Main St...

Politics is short-term, near-sighted, narcissistic & myopoic gamble...now - be sure to vote!

Wisely!!
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 49
Former Hockey Fan
If it can't be grown it has to be mined I spose...

What does that even mean?
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 52
GM CRIME DAWG
What does that even mean?

see edit...^ ^ ^

You talk climate - when the computer you type on here daily (metals, waste etc) is one of the worst things ever for environ-health!
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 54
Former Hockey Fan
If it can't be grown it has to be mined I spose hey...

However, there's no free lunch I'm afraid for the enviro's of the world...

The new world order is down-sizing oil because they are invested in tech-for-profit

* Turbines are steel & concrete & copper.
* Solar is quartz and aluminum and REE's
* City charging stations for EVs loaded w/ mined minerals also all have massive dam & flooded regions in the "rural" areas behind them.

And we seem to "bull-doze" over and not think twice about how important those rural folks are while we latte' & Starbuck & have $14 avacado toast on Main St...

Politics is short-term, near-sighted, narcissistic & myopoic gamble...now - be sure to vote!

What? I’m not talking about politics, or whatever the heck you’re trying to say, I’m just saying that human-caused climate change is real, and we should probably stop contributing to the end of our species and life as we know it. That shouldn’t be political.
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 55
GM CRIME DAWG
What? I’m not talking about politics, or whatever the heck you’re trying to say, I’m just saying that human-caused climate change is real, and we should probably stop contributing to the end of our species and life as we know it. That shouldn’t be political.

Naive...

It's 110% political KK - to use a good "Hockey" quote.
2 sept. 2021 à 3 h 24
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

Yeah the thing people making this argument (ice ages exist, climate change is natural, etc.) seem to miss is that yes, Earth will be fine one way or another. Humanity will not be fine though lol, and we might take millions of species with us. I personally would prefer to not go extinct.
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 6 h 24
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Yes I get that it's against the rules but I don't get why the rules are not enforced consistently. All of those other posts I mentioned were not rosters either but they weren't deleted while mine was

There were lots of comments on my post and also lots of comments on those other posts (which are still up btw), so it's not like they are just flying under the radar. Seems like they are arbitrarily deciding which posts to delete and which ones to keep

Mods don’t have the time to check every single posts that gets posted, but they will enforce the rules on the ones they see
2 sept. 2021 à 7 h 33
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Hey U-D-Q,

If I might...from what I've seen with mod's info - in ACGMs you have to post a legit ROSTER(?).

This forum while currently off-the-rails is still titled: "2021 Offseason Talks"
(99.9% is hockey. But sometimes there is a brief tangent into "offseason talks", like: basketball, soccer, politics, school, football, work, Jedi's, Olympics and Barbie's even...!

You forgot Blake Comeau hate, that covers about half of this thread.
MitchMarner_16, A_Habs_fan, McGruff and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 7 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
You forgot Blake Comeau hate, that covers about half of this thread.

And Craig button banter!!
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 7 h 34
In your guys opinion, what is the best defence pairing heading into this season?
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 7 h 39
Jinx god
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
In your guys opinion, what is the best defence pairing heading into this season?

Probably Toews-Makar or Pelech-Pulock or maybe even Theo-Piet. Suter-Heiskanen could be a dark horse, but I can’t see it happening with Suter’s decline of play.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 8 h 39
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291

Toews-Makar probably
2 sept. 2021 à 8 h 45
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Probably Toews-Makar or Pelech-Pulock or maybe even Theo-Piet. Suter-Heiskanen could be a dark horse, but I can’t see it happening with Suter’s decline of play.

I thought that Martinez usually plays with Pietrangelo.

My top 3 would be Toews-Makar, Pelech-Pulock, and Weegar-Ekblad.
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 8 h 52
Jinx god
I thought that Martinez usually plays with Pietrangelo.

My top 3 would be Toews-Makar, Pelech-Pulock, and Weegar-Ekblad.

Piet and Theo are like Ekblad and Weegar. They do it sometimes, but I don’t think they’ll do it most of the times, but together they’re both amazing. In the playoffs when they played together they were so good, but they wanted to spread the talent. Same goes for Weegar and Ekblad because I’m pretty sure they’ll start Weegar with Forsling and Ekblad with Montour.
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 9 h 6
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805

Underrated one that could crack the top 5 behind the obvious
Toews-Makar
Theo-Piet
Pelech-Pulock
Weegar-Ekblad

Is
Rielly-Brodie IMO

Brodie’s been a #1 d-man the past two years and even though Rielly is weak defensively he’s still a #1 all day. Bit of a hot take but I’ll stand by it
MitchMarner_16 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 9 h 15
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Toews-Makar
Theo-Piet
Pelech-Pulock
Weegar-Ekblad

Is
Rielly-Brodie IMO

Brodie’s been a #1 d-man the past two years and even though Rielly is weak defensively he’s still a #1 all day. Bit of a hot take but I’ll stand by it

Nah I agree. I could see rielly Brodie being too five this year
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 9 h 40
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Quoting: TheFlamingC
Toews-Makar
Theo-Piet
Pelech-Pulock
Weegar-Ekblad

Is
Rielly-Brodie IMO

Funny you should ask, I was just reading an article on it.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-ranking-top-32-defense-pairings-201743986.html

It said Toews-Makar, which I agree 100%.

But it also said Rielly-Brodie was 27th!!!

Putting pairings like Farraro-Burns and Werenski-Bovquist ahead of it (among others).

In my opinion, Rielly Brodie is a border line top 10, for sure top 15 pairing.

Could be top 5 if Rielly goes back to the 50-60 point guy we know him to be.
2 sept. 2021 à 10 h 17
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 2 sept. 2021 à 10 h 22
Quoting: Saskleaf
Funny you should ask, I was just reading an article on it.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-ranking-top-32-defense-pairings-201743986.html

It said Toews-Makar, which I agree 100%.

But it also said Rielly-Brodie was 27th!!!

Putting pairings like Farraro-Burns and Werenski-Bovquist ahead of it (among others).

In my opinion, Rielly Brodie is a border line top 10, for sure top 15 pairing.

Could be top 5 if Rielly goes back to the 50-60 point guy we know him to be.

Ferraro - Burns was actually a good pair tho🥲

Contrary to popular opinion, Burns was actually quite good this year and Ferraro fit very well with him. They were very good. Burns and the Sharks just get hate generally for being a bad team and contracts, but Burns was very good this year compared to a weaker season prior. And Ferraro is just a stud. Under the radar, talented, solid 22yr d man.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 10 h 20
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913

Hedman-Rutta

Just kidding (I think)
2 sept. 2021 à 10 h 29
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Hedman-Rutta

Just kidding (I think)

They ranked 2nd but it’s not a bad selection, Rutta may be no Toews (Makar) or Lindgren (Fox) but Rutta really does fit nicely with Hedman. Similar to the Methot - Karlsson. Rutta just clicks with Hedman.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, CoopsTroops and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 10 h 43
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
Quoting: yikes
They ranked 2nd but it’s not a bad selection, Rutta may be no Toews (Makar) or Lindgren (Fox) but Rutta really does fit nicely with Hedman. Similar to the Methot - Karlsson. Rutta just clicks with Hedman.

What ranking are you speaking of?
2 sept. 2021 à 11 h 17
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

The AAV is going to be a steal
But it walks him right to UFA
SevenLeg, yikes, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 11 h 26
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: CoopsTroops
What ranking are you speaking of?

Oh they were talking about some article above from Yahoo
CoopsTroops et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option