SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

1 sept. 2021 à 20 h 36
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: Saskleaf
I certainly do think helping the planet is important, but I’m unsure what to think about Climate Change. I think it’s something to consider but to suggest the world is going to end if the next pm doesn’t have a carbon tax is way too extreme.

Its more the mentality. If you believe climate change is "fake" than you likely wont do anything beneficial towards helping the planet. Whether its having more renewable energy or clean energy projects etc etc, I doubt someone who thinks climate change is a "hoax" will make any changes that will improve our planets chances of surviving past 2100.

Because our planet will barely make it past the 2100's; that not being a opinion but nearly (not entirely as we cannot predict the future) a fact.
A_Habs_fan et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 20 h 43
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: SevenLeg
Has anyone else's province implemented a vaccination passport?

Starting today in Québec we have to scan our code to prove we are double-vaccinated to eat at restaurants, gym, and pretty much everything a normal human being does.

I don’t think so. COVID regulations are extremely laid back here in NB.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 20 h 45
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I certainly do think helping the planet is important, but I’m unsure what to think about Climate Change. I think it’s something to consider but to suggest the world is going to end if the next pm doesn’t have a carbon tax is way too extreme.

Every bit counts. While the worthiness of humans existing is up for debate, I for one don’t want to cause the extinction of the trillions of other species that inhabit this planet.
yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 20 h 52
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: yikes
Its more the mentality. If you believe climate change is "fake" than you likely wont do anything beneficial towards helping the planet. Whether its having more renewable energy or clean energy projects etc etc, I doubt someone who thinks climate change is a "hoax" will make any changes that will improve our planets chances of surviving past 2100.

Because our planet will barely make it past the 2100's; that not being a opinion but nearly (not entirely as we cannot predict the future) a fact.

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Every bit counts. While the worthiness of humans existing is up for debate, I for one don’t want to cause the extinction of the trillions of other species that inhabit this planet.

I'm not entirely disagreeing but if the biggest knock on the the conservatives is that they don't support stopping climate change, that's fine.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 0
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

never gonna be worthy lmao, we suck

but our goal should be to not suck as much as we do, at least were trying.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 2
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: aadoyle
Just leaving an update here are some notable depth free agents still available

Bozak -nhl
Chara -nhl
Chiasson -europe
Demers -nhl
Dubnyk -nhl
Donato -europe
Chucky -europe
Gusev -nhl
Gustafsson -nhl
Gudbaranson -ahl
Neal -nhl
Bobby Ryan - retirement
Sorenson -europe
Staal -nhl
Vatanen -nhl
Nielsen -europe
Sceviour -europe
Ennis -ahl
Jankowski -nhl
Vesey -europe
Rieder -nhl
Anisimov -retirement

among others

My predictions
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077

Starting today in Québec we have to scan our code to prove we are double-vaccinated to eat at restaurants, gym, and pretty much everything a normal human being does.

Starting in three weeks over here in Ontario. We can still eat outdoors If unvaccinated
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 15
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,060

Realistically these relatively minor changes in policy that Canadian parties are fighting about are only going to have an impact on Canada's emissions which make up around 2% of global emissions. If the world is going to end from climate change its not going to be fixed by a policy that reduces Canada's emissions from 2% to 1.5%

Every bit counts but at the same time this isnt something that can be solved just by Canadas government
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Kotkaniemi15 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 17

Tbh idc who gets it and who doesn’t. I never have with any other vaccine and never will. I just hope that one day we can all go back to normal, and not be so paranoid and concerned about one another’s vaccination status and choices.

I’m going to be honest here. All I see coming from this vaccine is division. Anti vaxxers are shutting off vaxxed, vaxxed people are cutting off unvaccinated, and it just creates a huge divide in society. I don’t like division or segregation based on anything, race, gender, ethnicity, vaccination status, ANYTHING. I hate it. Here’s to hoping one day it can all be normal

There’s my rant for the day. Ty for reading even if you disagree
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 21

By no means do i think climate change is a farce! But I do think the world goes in cycles. ( if our world is billions of years old and we’re measuring the past 150 years that’s not a great sample size) For example, we’ve had two ice ages before and then it’s gotten warmer etc. This cycle might be accelerated by us, but I don’t think it will end the world. I do think limiting carbon emissions is a great idea, anything we can do is better than just plugging our ears and pretending it doesn’t matter. If we can get greener energy go for it! But implementing a carbon tax is gonna do nothing but deplete our bank accounts. Try making electric cars more affordable, and charging stations more accessible. That way, getting an electric car would be a lot easier!
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 25
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
The thread should be renamed

2021 climate change & vaccine talks thread
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, Devil and 3 others a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 35
Jinx god

2021 climate change & vaccine talks & Blake Comeau hate thread

Fixed it for you.
A_Habs_fan, SevenLeg et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 52
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Fixed it for you.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee neeeeed an eichel trade
EsoYeezus69, Saskleaf et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 59
Jinx god

Tell me about it. We also need to see Dallas do something smart for once.
1 sept. 2021 à 21 h 59

i agree lol.

Im done with politics now, back to hockey haha
EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 1
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
i agree lol.

Im done with politics now, back to hockey haha

If i dont stop imma be banned lol. But then again discussions like this are for reddit etc.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 6
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
If you don't believe in climate change, or are even indifferent towards it and would prefer to just leave it alone, both of those options are unacceptable, and should be dealbreakers for any candidate. This transcends politics and if being against it is part of your platform you don't deserve to have any power. Regular politicians are bad enough, deliberately obtuse politicians have no place in government. If you don't know what you're talking about, listen to the experts, don't make up vague excuses and lies to protect your own interests, the existence of human-caused climate change isn't up for debate, all that should be debated is best practices for reducing emissions.

That's a pretty good rule of thumb in general: if you aren't an expert, try listening to the experts. This mainly applies to vaccines and climate change these days, if you do a little research literally every argument against either of these things falls apart. With the arguments some people are making, they probably shouldn't ever leave their house. After all, there's a chance they could get struck by lightning 🙄
Kotkaniemi15 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Modifié 1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 29

Yeah, or something like some big extensions, or IDK another big trade.

The weekend is when the decision for KK has to be made so there's that at least.
1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 20
Jinx god
Quoting: aadoyle
or something like some big extensions

Klingberg 7x6 👀. I wish it’ll probably be 8.5-9x6.
aadoyle et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 sept. 2021 à 22 h 36
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
There's a huge Hurricane coming my way. I guess the Hurricanes are trying to get revenge for us taking Dougie (Sorry I had to make the joke)
1 sept. 2021 à 23 h 12
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,687
Modifié 1 sept. 2021 à 23 h 46
Quoting: Alfie11
If you don't believe in climate change, or are even indifferent towards it and would prefer to just leave it alone, both of those options are unacceptable, and should be dealbreakers for any candidate. This transcends politics and if being against it is part of your platform you don't deserve to have any power. Regular politicians are bad enough, deliberately obtuse politicians have no place in government. If you don't know what you're talking about, listen to the experts, don't make up vague excuses and lies to protect your own interests, the existence of human-caused climate change isn't up for debate, all that should be debated is best practices for reducing emissions.

That's a pretty good rule of thumb in general: if you aren't an expert, try listening to the experts. This mainly applies to vaccines and climate change these days, if you do a little research literally every argument against either of these things falls apart. With the arguments some people are making, they probably shouldn't ever leave their house. After all, there's a chance they could get struck by lightning 🙄

B. S.

Earth is 4.6 Billion-Yrs old...and believe me climate-change (warming/cooling/freezing/glaciations happen. And they happen alot)!
150 to 200 yrs of humanoid "data" is a joke, but you know - sheep are herded easily and then so easily they get slaughtered!

Next up, is a climate APP (like the vaxx-passport). If you are a "durty" user of gas-oil-plastic, use incandescent's and not LEDs - flush after #1, ur computer usage too high or don't charge your Tesla at a trade-mark depot - you'll be tracked w/ your phone and penalized w/ Gov't sanctioned withdrawals from your BityCoin/Doggie-account.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuff said...now how bout that Cizikas deal huh - pretty crazy Lou you ol' coot!!!

Did ya see that Poulin goal EH!........top cheddar!!!!!!
2 sept. 2021 à 0 h 37
Why is AGM moderation so inconsistent? I just had my tier ranking threads deleted but meanwhile the first page of AGM has a top 10 goalie list, third page has central, metro, and Atlantic division standings as well as 1st overall pick rankings, fourth page has GM rankings, award predictions, and point predictions

Why are my posts deleted but all these other posts aren't?
MitchMarner_16 et Devil a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 0 h 45
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,687
Modifié 2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 19
Quoting: UpsideDownQue
Why is AGM moderation so inconsistent? I just had my tier ranking threads deleted but meanwhile the first page of AGM has a top 10 goalie list, third page has central, metro, and Atlantic division standings as well as 1st overall pick rankings, fourth page has GM rankings, award predictions, and point predictions

Why are my posts deleted but all these other posts aren't?

Hey U-D-Q,

If I might...from what I've seen with mod's info - in ACGMs you have to post a legit ROSTER(?).

This forum while currently off-the-rails is still titled: "2021 Offseason Talks"
(99.9% is hockey. But sometimes there is a brief tangent into "offseason talks", like: basketball, soccer, politics, school, football, work, Jedi's, Olympics and Barbie's even...!
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 28
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Absolutely
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
2 sept. 2021 à 1 h 32
Quoting: McGruff
Hey U-D-Q,

If I might...from what I've seen with mod's info - in ACGMs you have to post a legit ROSTER(?).

This forum while currently off-the-rails is still titled: "2021 Offseason Talks"
(99.9% is hockey. But sometimes there is a brief tangent into "offseason talks", like: basketball, soccer, politics, school, football, work, Jedi's, Olympics and Barbie's even...!

Yes I get that it's against the rules but I don't get why the rules are not enforced consistently. All of those other posts I mentioned were not rosters either but they weren't deleted while mine was

There were lots of comments on my post and also lots of comments on those other posts (which are still up btw), so it's not like they are just flying under the radar. Seems like they are arbitrarily deciding which posts to delete and which ones to keep
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage