Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

19 août 2021 à 21 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,879
Modifié 19 août 2021 à 21 h 9
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
For the colours I’d go with Orange Rust as the main, Black and white as the secondaries on the home jersey, then switch Orange Rust with White on the away jersey.

I just went with the Houston Astros colours than added some red from the Houston Rockets. As they went well together. Tried black with some white and it wasn't great. My 3rd jersey is basically the old coyotes jersey as like what Carolina does with the Whalers just bring back some old memories. As for the 2nd Jersey still deciding on it
EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 4
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Quoting: Juiceman
Nah it’s probably real

Hope it is. I'd actually be fine with 8.75 x 8 given the upside Svech has when he goes beast mode.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 6
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Quoting: Dzinger18
Hope it is. I'd actually be fine with 8.75 x 8 given the upside Svech has when he goes beast mode.

I’m just hoping it can be a comparible for Petterssons 8 year deal. 8.75M would be a steal for Petey.
Zinger a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 10
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 août 2021 à 21 h 17
I’m just hoping it can be a comparible for Petterssons 8 year deal. 8.75M would be a steal for Petey.

Petey is a center though and centers make more than wings

Brayden Points contract rn is the comparable if you want to go with a long term deal but knowing his agent he could get an Eichel deal
19 août 2021 à 21 h 10
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Would be a good deal, but if Svech gets 8.75 I'd think Petey could say I'm better than him and go for something like 9.5 or cheaper if its a bridge deal. It would be in the Canucks best interest to get him locked up long term though.
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 16
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 19 août 2021 à 21 h 22
Would be a good deal, but if Svech gets 8.75 I'd think Petey could say I'm better than him and go for something like 9.5 or cheaper if its a bridge deal. It would be in the Canucks best interest to get him locked up long term though.

My guess rn is they will probs bridge Petey and sign Hughes to max term if possible

Probs will see Petey sign for 7mill x 3 years and 8.25mill x 8 years for Hughes but both these players have a very good agent in Pat Brisson who often gets his clients big money deals so both guys could be signed for more who knows.
Zinger a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 26
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Bettman wont move the Yotes out of AZ, he’s too stubborn, they’ll just play somewhere else in the state
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 29
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Bettman wont move the Yotes out of AZ, he’s too stubborn, they’ll just play somewhere else in the state

Unless someone makes him hold on....

HEY SIRI LOCATE BETTMAN

k brb
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 21 h 31
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968

ah yes sports(dot)ru is definitely a website that does not appear sketchy at all
A_Habs_fan et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 22 h 2
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Alfie11
ah yes sports(dot)ru is definitely a website that does not appear sketchy at all

Wdym? Looks completely legit and definitely not unreliable?
19 août 2021 à 22 h 2
Hakuna Matata
K I'm back he said he will heavily consider it

He said though make sure to buy lots of jerseys and tickets so we can increase the salary cap by a mill a year till 2026

Understandable as the flat cap is starting to become an annoyance.
MitchMarner_16 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 22 h 2
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: aadoyle
K I'm back he said he will heavily consider it

He said though make sure to buy lots of jerseys so we can increase the salary cap by a mill a year till 2026

Gary Bettman is that you?
19 août 2021 à 22 h 4
Hakuna Matata
Gary Bettman is that you?

EsoYeezus69, Juiceman et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 22 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,223
Modifié 19 août 2021 à 22 h 14
*Redacted*

Was in a mood.
19 août 2021 à 22 h 6
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: aadoyle

Not suspicious at all
19 août 2021 à 22 h 47
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Quinn Hughes is the longest tenured Canucks defenseman.
LeafsFanForSomeReason, EsoYeezus69, aadoyle and 3 others a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 22 h 49
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,223
Quoting: SevenLeg

As is Dahlin with the Sabres iirc.
SevenLeg, Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 23 h 6
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Modifié 20 août 2021 à 0 h 50
You guys may have seen last year but I did a pretty in depth preview for every team. Im doing it again this year and have started with the Pacific and have done Anaheim and Calgary so far. Will probably take me about a week to a week and a half to finish the rest of the division and post but here are my quips for Anaheim and Calgary. Have a read.

Anaheim Ducks - 8th in the West last year, have since swapped Danton Heinen, David Backes, Haydn Fleury, Andy Welinksi and Ryan Miller for Greg Pateryn. Lines are according to DailyFaceoff. This teams number 1 centre is Trevor Zegras, who is in fact probably a number 2 centre for this season at least. I think we can expect a 60 point, 2C season this year. Max Comtois is probably a 60 point, 1st line winger who would put up 80 if he didn't play for Anaheim. Troy Terry is a middle 6, minimal offence defensive winger playing first line RW next year. Not a good fit. Adam Henrique, 2LW is a middle 6 two way centre who's playing wing for some reason. The 3rd player out of 4 Ducks forwards so far playing over their head. Ryan Getzlaf is a good 2C who developed two ways last year in a down offensive year. You can expect effective 2C play this year. Rickard Rakell, is an all-offence, playmaking, 55 point second line winger for next season. A good fit with a goal scorer in Henrique for a good 2nd line. Isac Lundestrom is a decent fit on 3LW, probably in a bit over his head. Sam Steel is probably a good fit at 3C. Jakob Silfverberg is good middle six RW playing 3RW. You can likely expect close to 40 points. The first player with potential to really excel in their role so far in this lineup. Onto the 4th line who's goal is to collectively not suck and nothing else. Max Jones, accomplishes that goal. Derek Grant is a great PKer who also does not COMPLETELY suck 5v5. He's pretty bad there though. Nicolas Deslauriers.... he sucks. Overall, the only star forward here is Comtois. Zegras, Terry, Henrique and Lundestrom are all one spot too high in the lineup and only Silfverberg is exceptionally good for his position. The 4th line is below average but barely accomplishes the aforementioned goal of not sucking. Hampus Lindholm is a good two way #2 d-man. Josh Manson is a good second pairing d-man. Cam Fowler can be a good fit as a #1 d-man if he plays well. Jamie Drysdale will likely be an effective top 4 d-man this year. Onto the 3rd pair. Jacob Larsson is an effective third pairing d-man while Kevin Shattenkirk can play top 4 any day you want him too. Still a great d-man. Unlike the forwards the defence is well constructed and everybody should succeed in their role. John Gibson has the ability to be the NHL's best goalie any day. Anthony Stolarz is a more than capable back up goalie. This team is set in net. The PP1 is Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell-Drysdale-Zegras. Rakell and Getzlaf have sucked on the PP. Comtois will be effective and I guess we'll find out but I expect good things from Zegras and a quick replacement for Drysdale. PP probably sucks for this team. Overall, a mediocre forward group that is in over their heads, a bad PP, solid defence and great goaltending compose this team.

Calgary Flames - 5th in the North last year, have since swapped Derek Ryan, Dominik Simon and Mark Giordano for Blake Coleman, Tyler Pitlick, Trevor Lewis, Nikita Zadorov, Andy Welinski and Daniel Vladar. Elias Lindholm is a star, two-way 1C who will likely put up 80 points. Johnny Gaudreau is an elite offensive winger who has developed to competent defensively in the past two years from his previous stance of liability. Probably another 80 point guy. Matthew Tkachuk is also a star player on the RW, great offensively, good defensively. A third 80 point guy for a very good first line. All players are stars. Andrew Mangiapane is a terrific two way winger with star upside. For now we'll call him a great fit on 2LW but he may be considered a 1LW if he can put up some more point production this year. Mikael Backlund is a good two-way, 2C who you can expect 50 points from each year with lockdown defense. Blake Coleman on 2RW is basically older Mangiapane, similar point totals, similar analytics. Now playing 2RW minutes I'd put him in the same boat as Mangiapane. Good fit on 2nd line for now but could be seen as close to a 1RW by season's end. And don't call that bias, I had him on the USA Olympic team before he signed with Calgary. The 2nd line is a terrific two-way second line for a great top 6 with all players who are good defensively and even Gaudreau is still competent. Sean Monahan at 3C, is interesting. Unless he bounces back he is a high end 3C for the time being. Mediocre offensive play driving, horrific defence, minimal point production and even his scoring has dropped since 18-19. Lets label him as a 3C with upside for now. Dillon Dube is a middle 6 LW. Good fit here but some upside to be more like a 2LW by season's end. Tyler Pitlick is an all-defence RW. Bottom 6 winger at its finest. The 4th line who's goal is as previously stated with Anaheim is to not suck. Milan Lucic. Fail. Trevor Lewis. Pass, only because he's good defensively. Brett Ritchie. I guess pass. So not horrific but by no means good. This forward group is good. Depth isn't great but it is at worst a very good top 6 with a bad 4th line and at best an elite top 6 with a serviceable 4th line. The defence. Hanifin has historically been an offensive 2LD but his defence developed with Tanev last year making him a two way 2LD playing first pair minutes. Chris Tanev was a defensive defensemen who was an offensive liability before Calgary. With them, he was average offensively and the NHL's best defensive defensemen. I expect something in between this year. More of a high end 2RD instead of the first pair guy we saw last year. So the Flames first pair is in fact actually a high end 2nd pair. Nikita Zadorov is a #4 d-man. Nothing more, nothing less. Rasmus Andersson is another wild card. Poised for a #1RD role and in a spot to do good there, this year he was barely even serviceable. If he can return to form, the Flames have a filled out, good but not elite top 4. If he can't, its probably not gonna be too pretty. Juuso Valimaki sucked last year. Potential to be a top 4 guy this year and potential to be just a third pair guy. Seems to be this teams theme. Kylington is just a third pairing d-man. Nothing else. Overall the d-core could be good. Or it could be awful. We'll find out. In net, Markstrom is an elite NHL starting goalie. The Flames are set there. For the backup, Vladar is a HUGE question mark that can break this season for Calgary. We really have no idea what to expect. On special teams, the PP1 is Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau-Lindholm-Andersson. All players, with the exception of Andersson were good PP performers last year. This is a good PP if Andersson can play well and even if he can't it isn't a liability. Overall this team has a good forward group with upside (or downside), a good defensive group with upside (or downside), a good goaltending tandem with upside (or downside) and a good PP with upside (or downside). This team is impossible to predict. Can be impressively mediocre or elite. No one knows.

Thoughts?
Devil, Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 23 h 41
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: TheFlamingC
You guys may have seen last year but I did a pretty in depth preview for every team. Im doing it again this year and have started with the Pacific and have done Anaheim and Calgary so far. Will probably take me about a week to a week and a half to finish the rest of the division and post but here are my quips for Anaheim and Calgary. Have a read.

Anaheim Ducks - 8th in the West last year, have since swapped Danton Heinen, David Backes, Haydn Fleury, Andy Welinksi and Ryan Miller for Greg Pateryn. Lines are according to DailyFaceoff. This teams number 1 centre is Trevor Zegras, who is in fact probably a number 2 centre for this season at least. I think we can expect a 60 point, 2C season this year. Max Comtois is probably a 60 point, 1st line winger who would put up 80 if he didn't play for Anaheim. Troy Terry is a middle 6, minimal offence defensive winger playing first line RW next year. Not a good fit. Adam Henrique, 2LW is a middle 6 two way centre who's playing wing for some reason. The 3rd player out of 4 Ducks forwards so far playing over their head. Ryan Getzlaf is a good 2C who developed two ways last year in a down offensive year. You can expect effective 2C play this year. Rickard Rakell, is an all-offence, playmaking, 55 point second line winger for next season. A good fit with a goal scorer in Henrique for a good 2nd line. Isac Lundestrom is a decent fit on 3LW, probably in a bit over his head. Sam Steel is probably a good fit at 3C. Jakob Silfverberg is good middle six RW playing 3RW. You can likely expect close to 40 points. The first player with potential to really excel in their role so far in this lineup. Onto the 4th line who's goal is to collectively not suck and nothing else. Max Jones, accomplishes that goal. Derek Grant is a great PKer who also does not COMPLETELY suck 5v5. He's pretty bad there though. Nicolas Deslauriers.... he sucks. Overall, the only star forward here is Comtois. Zegras, Terry, Henrique and Lundestrom are all one spot too high in the lineup and only Silfverberg is exceptionally good for his position. The 4th line is below average but barely accomplishes the aforementioned goal of not sucking. Hampus Lindholm is a good two way #2 d-man. Josh Manson is a good second pairing d-man. Cam Fowler can be a good fit as a #1 d-man if he plays well. Jamie Drysdale will likely be an effective top 4 d-man this year. Onto the 3rd pair. Jacob Larsson is an effective third pairing d-man while Kevin Shattenkirk can play top 4 any day you want him too. Still a great d-man. Unlike the forwards the defence is well constructed and everybody should succeed in their role. John Gibson has the ability to be the NHL's best goalie any day. Anthony Stolarz is a more than capable back up goalie. This team is set in net. The PP1 is Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell-Drysdale-Zegras. Rakell and Getzlaf have sucked on the PP. Comtois will be effective and I guess we'll find out but I expect good things from Zegras and a quick replacement for Drysdale. PP probably sucks for this team. Overall, a mediocre forward group that is in over their heads, a bad PP, solid defence and great goaltending compose this team.

Calgary Flames - 5th in the North last year, have since swapped Derek Ryan, Dominik Simon and Mark Giordano for Blake Coleman, Tyler Pitlick, Trevor Lewis, Nikita Zadorov, Andy Welinski and Daniel Vladar. Elias Lindholm is a star, two-way 1C who will likely put up 80 points. Johnny Gaudreau is an elite offensive winger who has developed to competent defensively in the past two years from his previous stance of liability. Probably another 80 point guy. Matthew Tkachuk is also a star player on the RW, great offensively, good defensively. A third 80 point guy for a very good first line. All players are stars. Andrew Mangiapane is a terrific two way winger with star upside. For now we'll call him a great fit on 2LW but he may be considered a 1LW if he can put up some more point production this year. Mikael Backlund is a good two-way, 2C who you can expect 50 points from each year with lockdown defense. Blake Coleman on 2RW is basically older Mangiapane, similar point totals, similar analytics. Now playing 2RW minutes I'd put him in the same boat as Mangiapane. Good fit on 2nd line for now but could be seen as close to a 1RW by season's end. And don't call that bias, I had him on the USA Olympic team before he signed with Calgary. The 2nd line is a terrific two-way second line for a great top 6 with all players who are good defensively and even Gaudreau is still competent. Sean Monahan at 3C, is interesting. Unless he bounces back he is a high end 3C for the time being. Mediocre offensive play driving, horrific defence, minimal point production and even his scoring has dropped since 18-19. Lets label him as a 3C with upside for now. Dillon Dube is a middle 6 LW. Good fit here but some upside to be more like a 2LW by season's end. Tyler Pitlick is an all-defence RW. Bottom 6 winger at its finest. The 4th line who's goal is as previously stated with Anaheim is to not suck. Milan Lucic. Fail. Trevor Lewis. Pass, only because he's good defensively. Brett Ritchie. I guess pass. So not horrific but by no means good. This forward group is good. Depth isn't great but it is at worst a very good top 6 with a bad 4th line and at best an elite top 6 with a serviceable 4th line. The defence. Hanifin has historically been an offensive 2LD but his defence developed with Tanev last year making him a two way 2LD playing first pair minutes. Chris Tanev was a defensive defensemen who was an offensive liability before Calgary. With them, he was average offensively and the NHL's best defensive defensemen. I expect something in between this year. More of a high end 2RD instead of the first pair guy we saw last year. So the Flames first pair is in fact actually a high end 2nd pair. Nikita Zadorov is a #4 d-man. Nothing more, nothing less. Rasmus Andersson is another wild card. Poised for a #1RD role and in a spot to do good there, this year he was barely even serviceable. If he can return to form, the Flames have a filled out, good but not elite top 4. If he can't, its probably not gonna be too pretty. Juuso Valimaki sucked last year. Potential to be a top 4 guy this year and potential to be just a third pair guy. Seems to be this teams theme. Kylington is just a third pairing d-man. Nothing else. Overall the d-core could be good. Or it could be awful. We'll find out. In net, Markstrom is an elite NHL starting goalie. The Flames are set there. For the backup, Vladar is a HUGE question mark that can break this season for Calgary. We really have no idea what to expect. On special teams, the PP1 is Tkachuk-Monahan-Gaudreau-Lindholm-Andersson. All players, with the exception of Andersson were good PP performers last year. This is a good PP if Andersson can play well and even if he can't it isn't a liability. Overall this team has a good forward group with upside (or downside), a good defensive group with upside (or downside), a good goaltending tandem with upside (or downside) and a good PP with upside (or downside). This team is impossible to predict. Can be impressively mediocre or elite. No one knows.

How long did this take out and how many words is it?
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
19 août 2021 à 23 h 42
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: SevenLeg

Our captain Bo Horvat is the only player on the Canucks not acquired by Jim Benning. He is the last member of the Gillis era
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 0 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 20 août 2021 à 0 h 23
Quoting: TheFlamingC

I wonder if Anaheim is that bad with Rakell, Lindholm, Fowler, Gibson, and Manson how bad are they gonna be without most if not all those guys. As per reports the team is trying to move the names listed so they can properly start their rebuild.

If thats the case predictions

Islanders takes Lindholm
Toronto takes Fowler
Calgary takes Manson
Carolina takes Rakell
Not gonna predict Gibson as moving him is gonna be very tricky
20 août 2021 à 0 h 45
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
How long did this take out and how many words is it?

Bout an hour per team
Juiceman a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 8 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
I think I just found something very important to understand in today's NHL:
Teams that have 2 good/great/top pairing material right handed d-men have an enormous advantage because there aren't that many middle pairing level right handed d-men in the league, comapred to the amount of lef handed d-men in that range

Let's compare:

The number of elite/ top pairing level LD/RD is pretty similar

On the LD side you got, in no particular order, Chabot, Heiskanen, Theodore, Josi, Chychrun, Slavin, Hedman, Rielly, Werenski, Pelech, Hughes, Toews, Girard, Morrissey, Nurse, Sergachev, Ekholm, Lindholm, Brodin, OEL (maybe)
On the RD side you got Fox, McAvoy, Petro, Ekblad, Makar, Petry, EK, Burns, Carlson, Hamilton, Doughty, Weber (if healthy), S.Jones, Pulock, Spurgeon, Dumba, Hronek, Weegar, Parayko, Klingberg, Letang

So the LD side has a slight advantage but the RD side is still pretty good

But then if we compare the d-men in the middle range caliber the difference is STAGGERING
LD: Muzzin, Martinez, Graves, Brodie, Edmundson, Chiarot, Schmidt, McNabb, Fowler, Orlov, Hanifin, Giordano, Pettersson, Dumoulin, Dillon, Lindgren, Skjei, Goligoski, Oleksiak, Dunn, McCabe, Mike Reilly, Forbort, Butcher, Grzelcyk, Larsson, Edler, Scandella, Cole, Gavrikov, Kulikov,
RD: Pionk, Andersson, Tanev, Manson, Risto, Pesce, Cernak, Trouba, Savard, Barrie, Severson, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Miller, DeMelo, Roy, Walker, Gudas, Bear, Mayfield, Holl

So in terms of quantity the LD side is better but even in terms of quality it's much better than the RD side

I think this is a good example of why RD-men are so valuable these days, it's because they're much rarer.
This is basic economics, supply vs demand. These days the demand for RD-men is very high but the supply is incredibly weak

And this is why I always include the same RD-men in my «how good is this» posts, like Gudas, Mayfield, Tanev, Cernak and Pesce
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 8 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
I think something needs explaining, because a lot of people seem to have trouble understanding this:

Why the average d-man is more valuable than the average forward:

2 reasons

1st: there are twice as many forwards as there are d-man, which creates scarcity. I'm sure every July 1st there are 5-6 forwards that can fill the same spot in your lineup (say, a middle six, energetic, PK, 2nd PP unit role) but if you need a specific type of d-man, there may be only 1-2 d-men capable of filling this spot. And if there are as many teams chasing the 5-6 forwards (say, 6 teams) and the same amount of teams chasing the 1-2 d-men, the demande vastly increases for d-men and decreases for forward. So the price for forwards either decreases or at the very least stays the same but the price for d-men massively increases, which leads to them getting overpaid

2nd: the average d-man plays more than the average forward. Say the «average d-man» is a number 4 caliber d-man that plays 20 minutes a game and that the «average forward» is a middle six caliber forward that plays 15 minutes a game, it's only logical that the average defender will be worth more than the average d-man.

This is important because a certain middle sixer, say, Fabbri, will never be worth a number 4 caliber d-man like, say, Edmundson or Dillon, for instance. So to all the people posing these kind of trades, you need to understand you're devaluing the defenseman and overvaluing the forward
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
20 août 2021 à 8 h 50
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,472
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Can we vote to demote him from commissioner?
Saskleaf et Gmonwy a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage