SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

14 août 2021 à 13 h 38
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
People always tell me these kind of teams are 3 round calibers, so this opinion depends on the person

Whoa... Weird
14 août 2021 à 13 h 39
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: Alfie11
I’d consider Weegar, but I think Pulock is just a step behind the 5 RD in my previous post. Not a huge fan of Nurse, he’s not good defensively and not as good as Chabot, Chychrun, Girard, Theodore, Rielly, etc. offensively imo. Pelech is a good shutdown D but like, I don’t think he has a shot at passing any of Canada’s 2-way stars. He might get the Vlasic nod because team Canada likes to pull random bs like that, but I wouldn’t have him higher than the spare D if I’m being generous.

I don't think they make it either, it's just amazing how many good options not named Drew Doughty Team Canada has.
A_Habs_fan et Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: SevenLeg
I don't think they make it either, it's just amazing how many good options not named Drew Doughty Team Canada has.

Idk why everyone makes it seem as if I 100% believe he's making Team Canada, I've been talking about him the whole time cause the debate is Hamilton vs Doughty, not if Doughty will necessarily make Canada
14 août 2021 à 13 h 50
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
The defence of team Canada I expect:

Chychrun
Theodore
Chabot
Pietrangelo
Makar
Hamilton
Extras: Weegar/Rielly Pulock
Devil a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 13 h 59
Hop on the Slaftrain
Idk why everyone makes it seem as if I 100% believe he's making Team Canada, I've been talking about him the whole time cause the debate is Hamilton vs Doughty, not if Doughty will necessarily make Canada

Well if you're choosing Doughty over Hamilton for defense, which shouldn't be the case because Hamilton is better at it, but even if Doughty's defense was better it'd be a minimal difference at best, you're better off choosing Hamilton for his much superior overall game.
14 août 2021 à 14 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Well if you're choosing Doughty over Hamilton for defense, which shouldn't be the case because Hamilton is better at it, but even if Doughty's defense was better it'd be a minimal difference at best, you're better off choosing Hamilton for his much superior overall game.

There really is no evidence for Hamilton being superb at it and there indeed is evidence of him having defensive gaps in his game, so no he isn't.
14 août 2021 à 14 h 8
Hop on the Slaftrain
There really is no evidence for Hamilton being superb at it and there indeed is evidence of him having defensive gaps in his game, so no he isn't.

What is the evidence of Drew Doughty being better?
14 août 2021 à 14 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
What is the evidence of Drew Doughty being better?

I don't need much of that either, apart from the fact he's the only proven top 4 d-man on a rebuilding team that has been trending down for a few seasons now.

People said the same thing about Weber 3 years ago, in 2018, after MTL had finished in the toilet of the league, which led them to pick KK: «oh Weber is washed up he can't do **** anymore he's crap»

And then he returns the season after and boom, everyone now suddenly admitted that he was still good all along.

Doughty has been through the same pattern, except he doesn't have a Jeff Petry to help him out. And LA was a bit better this season and guess what? DD looked much better than the season before.

It's that simple.

Meanwhile you got a d-man who's had THREE «meh» playoff runs IN A ROW, 2 of which he was straight up terrible at defense on CONTENDER.

It's really that simple, this is the bottom line.

Hamilton is good, and one of the best PP quarterbacks in the east, but not an elite d-man.
14 août 2021 à 14 h 22
Bedard23
I don't need much of that either, apart from the fact he's the only proven top 4 d-man on a rebuilding team that has been trending down for a few seasons now.

People said the same thing about Weber 3 years ago, in 2018, after MTL had finished in the toilet of the league, which led them to pick KK: «oh Weber is washed up he can't do **** anymore he's crap»

And then he returns the season after and boom, everyone now suddenly admitted that he was still good all along.

Doughty has been through the same pattern, except he doesn't have a Jeff Petry to help him out. And LA was a bit better this season and guess what? DD looked much better than the season before.

It's that simple.

Meanwhile you got a d-man who's had THREE «meh» playoff runs IN A ROW, 2 of which he was straight up terrible at defense on CONTENDER.

Hamilton is good, and one of the best PP quarterbacks in the east, but not an elite d-man.

Doughty is elite at turning the puck over in his own zone
A_Habs_fan, Devil et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 15 h 10
TheBulinWall
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 303

It's that simple.

Hamilton’s also partnered with Slavin, arguably the best defensive defensemen in the league. Who’s Doughty’s partner? Is it still Maata lol?
EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 15 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: BulinWall
Hamilton’s also partnered with Slavin, arguably the best defensive defensemen in the league. Who’s Doughty’s partner? Is it still Maata lol?

Right. Either Maata or Anderson.

Maata's a bottom pairing d-man at best and Anderson is still pretty young
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 15 h 32
Bedard23
Right. Either Maata or Anderson.

Maata's a bottom pairing d-man at best and Anderson is still pretty young

Who will Hamilton be partnered with in New Jersey?
14 août 2021 à 15 h 35
Bedard23
If I had to guess I’d say Ryan Graves
BulinWall a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 15 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: IconicHawk

They have no one on LD capable of playing over 20 minutes a game besides Graves, so Graves
14 août 2021 à 15 h 38
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426

Graves
14 août 2021 à 15 h 40
Speak of the Devil
Top 5 prospect pools in my opinion

Kings, Senators, Red wings, Devils, Ducks
EsoYeezus69, Zinger et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 15 h 57
Bedard23
5 most overhyped teams last season:
Toronto (for like what the 4th year in a row?), Calgary, Buffalo (in the sense we expected more from them in this train crash of a season), Philadelphia, New York Rangers
14 août 2021 à 16 h 1
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
5 most overhyped teams last season:
Toronto (for like what the 4th year in a row?), Calgary, Buffalo (in the sense we expected more from them in this train crash of a season), Philadelphia, New York Rangers

The Rangers barely missed the playoffs. I wouldn’t say they were overhyped.
14 août 2021 à 16 h 3
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
The Rangers barely missed the playoffs. I wouldn’t say they were overhyped.

I agree they weren't overhyped last year
Now they are getting overhyped imo
14 août 2021 à 16 h 7
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: Devil1122

We’ll see. I mean Drury is a terrible GM, but the base of a good team is still there. With a top goalie, defenseman, and forward and another year of development for Lafrenière & Kakko they could be dangerous.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 16 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Modifié 14 août 2021 à 16 h 32
Quoting: Devil1122

It's really starting to get old to see your anti Rangers bias on an almost daily basis, WHO overhypes us right now, WHO IN THE FREAKING WORLD???

The answer: NO ONE.

Everyone is laughing at us for the Buch trade and for Wilson supposedly «living rent free in our heads»
14 août 2021 à 16 h 39
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
We’ll see. I mean Drury is a terrible GM, but the base of a good team is still there. With a top goalie, defenseman, and forward and another year of development for Lafrenière & Kakko they could be dangerous.

I like their defense and goaltending but their forward depth is questionable. Almost their whole bottom 6 is filled with grinders. And throwing Kravtsov/Kaako/Laf in the top 6 might not be a good idea

I don't see them making the playoffs in the Metro. Ive seen quite a few people predicting the Rangers to be top 3 in the Metro which is why I think they're overhyped
14 août 2021 à 16 h 57
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: Alfie11
My team Canada D core at this point would probably be:

Toews-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Hamilton

With Chychrun, Ekblad, Letang, Girard as considerations

Keeps some chemistry intact, which will be important in a short tournament (Toews complements Makar well, Theo and Petro don’t normally play together but I still think they’d be a good pair). Toews and the 3rd pair could be subbed out for any of the 4 spares, but this is what I’d go with. Maybe Ekblad over Hamilton if he starts the year well.

edit: Not a fan of Doughty at this point. Declining on the ice, talks like he’s still in his prime, I’d rather have someone quieter and who is actually good now. Petro can be the guy that’s been to the Olympics before, the last one the NHL was at was 8 years ago so it makes sense that those guys are out of their prime now.

I’d go:

Chychrun-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-(Hamilton or Ekblad depending on team need)
(The one who gets cut between those two)

Last cuts would be Pelech, Toews and Weegar.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 17 h 6
Bedard23
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I’d go:

Chychrun-Makar
Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-(Hamilton or Ekblad depending on team need)
(The one who gets cut between those two)

Last cuts would be Pelech, Toews and Weegar.

I honestly believe in Hamilton more the Ekblad but he isn’t a bad option either
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
14 août 2021 à 17 h 6
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
I honestly believe in Hamilton more the Ekblad but he isn’t a bad option either

Like I said it depends on what they’re looking for.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage