SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

10 août 2021 à 12 h 39
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: justaBoss
Actually there was a time when Putin was the prime minister and Dmitry Medvedev was the president.

During that time though, there was just this tiny law that gave the prime minister the full political authority in that country.

Not sus at all amirite

Putin's POV of the country vs Russian citizens POV of the country:

bunny.jpg
A_Habs_fan, justaBoss et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 12 h 48
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Daily reminder there are around 400 Canadian players in the NHL and Craig Button STILL had Yanni Gourde making the Olympic team
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, SevenLeg and 5 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 5
Jinx god
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Daily reminder there are around 400 Canadian players in the NHL and Craig Button STILL had Yanni Gourde making the Olympic team

Team Canada: Exists

Craig Button:

5j64n5.jpg
AndrewLadd, Zinger, justaBoss and 3 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 9
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: Devil1122
I'm not trying to be biased but I think the Rangers have an overrated future

1. Bad center depth
The last 5+ Stanley Cup Winners have had great center depth, especially a 1-2 punch at center. It seems like teams need good centers to win a cup. The Rangers don't have good centers or good center prospects

2. Bad GM
It is early to tell but Drury is not a good GM. He hasn't made any good moves this offseason and with him controlling the Rangers' future, I wouldn't trust him.

3. Terrible cap situation
The Rangers are going to be very cap-strapped with many of young players coming off of ELC, they won't have the money to pay them all.

Well obviously everything has gone downhill for the franchise since the Wilson incident. And replacing Gorton with Drury was one of the worst moves they could’ve made. Gorton was one of the best GMs in the NHL.
Devil et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 9
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Daily reminder there were around 223 American players in the NHL in 2016 and Justin Abdelkader was chosen to be on the World Cup team.
AndrewLadd, EsoYeezus69, Kotkaniemi15 and 4 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 24
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: SevenLeg
Daily reminder there were around 223 American players in the NHL in 2016 and Justin Abdelkader was chosen to be on the World Cup team.

GRIT
AndrewLadd, justaBoss et Devil a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 27
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: yikes
GRIT

I wouldn't be surprised if they took Coleman next year
EsoYeezus69 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 29
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816

Well that 2016 team was specifically built for grit and idk bull****? They purposely omitted talented players.

I don’t think USA will ever do that again seeing how **** they were
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 29
Jinx god

Craig Button will advocate for this.
10 août 2021 à 13 h 33
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: yikes
Well that 2016 team was specifically built for grit and idk bull****? They purposely omitted talented players.

I don’t think USA will ever do that again seeing how **** they were

Kessel was mad
10 août 2021 à 13 h 45
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,728
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

tears of joy tears of joy tears of joy

no wonder hes no longer in tim hortons commercials every customer who ordered a donut must have either got a lecture or a puck thrown at him lul
10 août 2021 à 13 h 53
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 août 2021 à 14 h 8
Sports Horror Stories with your host aadoyle

You decide to have a donut
You know its wrong but you still do it
That first bite is slow and savory
But your moment of happiness is interrupted
You hear a noise at the front door
You go to investigate and all of a sudden...
The door is kicked down and a dark figure is standing there

After recovering from the shock you go OMG ITS NATHAN MACKINNON AHHHHHHHHHHHH
And ever since that incident you were never seen again
As Nathan Mackinnon claimed another carb loving victim in his quest for total calorific control

Tune in next time where we observe a rookie in basketball people are now calling the "KUM BUCKET" only on Sports Horror Stories with your host aadoyle
10 août 2021 à 13 h 57
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578

Calling it right now, Tarasenko trade incoming
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 2
Kansler
Mentions "j'aime": 228
Quoting: Dzinger18

Not he Svechnikov signing?
EsoYeezus69 et Zinger a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 6
Jinx god

With all of the RFA signings recently, I have a strong feeling that it’ll be Svech signing a new contract.
Zinger a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: aadoyle
Sports Horror Stories with your host aadoyle

You decide to have a donut
You know its wrong but you still do it
That first bite is slow and savory
But your moment of happiness is interrupted
You hear a noise at the front door
You go to investigate and all of a sudden...
The door is kicked down and a dark figure is standing there

After recovering from the shock you go OMG ITS NATHAN MACKINNON AHHHHHHHHHHHH
And ever since that incident you were never seen again
As Nathan Mackinnon claimed another carb loving victim in his quest for total calorific control

Tune in next time where we observe a rookie in basketball people are now calling the "KUM BUCKET" only on Sports Horror Stories with your host aadoyle

😂😂😂
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 30
Kansler
Btw I always love the emotions around the Canada olympic squad selections. As a finn, we of course dont have quite the plethora to select from ( not too bad though recent years ) but it does result to less moaning and crying on the 3rd and 4th line selections.

Do you honestly think you should select the most talented 13 forwards as a rule of thumb???

Basically after 1st and 2nd lines take their 21+19 minutes of icetime and all off the PP the former 2 lines are left to bicker for the 20 remaining minutes and PK. They are left with playing against the opponents 1st line ( and honestly for example Finlands Rantanen- Barkov-Aho is a handfull)
Do you want skill players like Barzal playing against them defensive end plays???

All after trying to cope with the change of playing 10-12 minutes less than they usually get in their regular teams.

Hell no. You want physical, hard tackling grit guys who know/and have played the 10-13 minutes a game. Who know how to adapt yo that, know how to keep themselves ready and warm despite the lack of minutes.

It wouldnt surprise me at all Coleman would wound up on the team. And a couple of more guys who could thrive in similar role.

Its a piss poor idea to choose 13 most talented ones. I wouldnt even blame Cooper for choosing something like Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck just for the hell off it as a 4th line. Atleast they are familiar with each other ( in a 3 week tournament it pays off not to start from scratch) and honestly they are good at what they do on the ice for the glorious 8 minutes awg they would be getting.
Defensive end plays, PK, hitting, grinding, getting under the skin of opponents 1st line guys.

But what do I know.... as a rule of thumb most people ignore totally the roles players need to play when it comes to Team Canada, and are shocked and betrayed their guy who scored 70+ points didnt get picked. (Although their strengt might lie in running the PP, which he wouldnt get to do att all)
10 août 2021 à 14 h 32
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 10 août 2021 à 14 h 38
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
😂😂😂

im not kidding about that either

so basically theres a kid named Kuminga who plays for the GSW

and there's a term in basketball called bucket (basically ball go in net)

so Warriors fans decided

lets give him the nickname "KUM BUCKET"

Geniuses right there
Saskleaf, A_Habs_fan et Devil a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 46
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
Quoting: HelmutCool
Btw I always love the emotions around the Canada olympic squad selections. As a finn, we of course dont have quite the plethora to select from ( not too bad though recent years ) but it does result to less moaning and crying on the 3rd and 4th line selections.

Do you honestly think you should select the most talented 13 forwards as a rule of thumb???

Basically after 1st and 2nd lines take their 21+19 minutes of icetime and all off the PP the former 2 lines are left to bicker for the 20 remaining minutes and PK. They are left with playing against the opponents 1st line ( and honestly for example Finlands Rantanen- Barkov-Aho is a handfull)
Do you want skill players like Barzal playing against them defensive end plays???

All after trying to cope with the change of playing 10-12 minutes less than they usually get in their regular teams.

Hell no. You want physical, hard tackling grit guys who know/and have played the 10-13 minutes a game. Who know how to adapt yo that, know how to keep themselves ready and warm despite the lack of minutes.

It wouldnt surprise me at all Coleman would wound up on the team. And a couple of more guys who could thrive in similar role.

Its a piss poor idea to choose 13 most talented ones. I wouldnt even blame Cooper for choosing something like Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck just for the hell off it as a 4th line. Atleast they are familiar with each other ( in a 3 week tournament it pays off not to start from scratch) and honestly they are good at what they do on the ice for the glorious 8 minutes awg they would be getting.
Defensive end plays, PK, hitting, grinding, getting under the skin of opponents 1st line guys.

But what do I know.... as a rule of thumb most people ignore totally the roles players need to play when it comes to Team Canada, and are shocked and betrayed their guy who scored 70+ points didnt get picked. (Although their strengt might lie in running the PP, which he wouldnt get to do att all)

You have a point. Bunch of skill guys got left off the 2010 roster when they picked Brendan Morrow. But you also had Rick Nash play a defensive role which he never really played and he absolutely loved doing it. So it goes both ways.

I doubt Barzal would be given the defensive assignment. But I can totally see a guy like O'Reilly loving that kinda role just to be a part of Olympic roster.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 49
Kansler
Quoting: Rangsey
You have a point. Bunch of skill guys got left off the 2010 roster when they picked Brendan Morrow. But you also had Rick Nash play a defensive role which he never really played and he absolutely loved doing it. So it goes both ways.

I doubt Barzal would be given the defensive assignment. But I can totally see a guy like O'Reilly loving that kinda role just to be a part of Olympic roster.

O'Rielly and Stone are no one trick ponys. They luckily can do most off it, and good.
But does it hurt them to play so few minutes, in a role they certainly normally dont have to.
10 août 2021 à 14 h 50
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Modifié 10 août 2021 à 15 h 19

Nah it's gonna be a Sami Vatanen signing lol
10 août 2021 à 14 h 59
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
Quoting: HelmutCool
O'Rielly and Stone are no one trick ponys. They luckily can do most off it, and good.
But does it hurt them to play so few minutes, in a role they certainly normally dont have to.

I think you're selling the players short. Chance you win gold for Canada they make the adjustment.

Like I said. Rick Nash played limited minutes in 2010 and absolutely loved the experience and was every bit as fantastic as you'd expect from prime Nash.

Also, it totally depends on how they're deployed. Yanni Gourde averaged more icetime than Steven Stamkos in the playoffs. Not bad for a 3C

I think if you roll out a 4th line like Couts/O'Reilly, Point, Stone for 13 minutes a night you'd be ok. McDavid wouldnt be as gassed because he would only have to go 17minutes a night.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 16 h 58
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Kaprizov is a little whiny crybaby who hasn't earned anything yet

Change my mind
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 17 h 5
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Kaprizov is a little whiny crybaby who hasn't earned anything yet

Change my mind

I disagree, he pretty much singlehandedly made Minny a playoff team, but I can see the argument
MitchMarner_16, aadoyle, TheFlamingC and 5 others a aimé ceci.
10 août 2021 à 17 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well obviously everything has gone downhill for the franchise since the Wilson incident. And replacing Gorton with Drury was one of the worst moves they could’ve made. Gorton was one of the best GMs in the NHL.

Gorton wasn't a very good GM. Trouba and Kreider are both overpaid and he signed both deals.
Selling high on Kreider was objectively the right move to make and he refused.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage