SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 14
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: Devil1122
Kase to Toronto

Damn good pickup. I’ve wanted Kase on the Flames for a while. Will very likely outplay that contract if he stays healthy. I don’t think anyone can dump on Dubas much, picking up Mrazek was a good move to solidify their goaltending with a good tandem guy, and Bunting/Kase are two of the best signings imo, both likely to be steals, and both guys that can provide a little scoring punch from the bottom six.
aadoyle et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 15
Canes fan
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,578
Kase to Toronto

I think it's a good signing. Steal if Kase can stay healthy.
aadoyle et LeafsFan4Ever34 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 17
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,724
Modifié 30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 23
Quoting: Alfie11
Damn good pickup. I’ve wanted Kase on the Flames for a while. Will very likely outplay that contract if he stays healthy. I don’t think anyone can dump on Dubas much, picking up Mrazek was a good move to solidify their goaltending with a good tandem guy, and Bunting/Kase are two of the best signings imo, both likely to be steals, and both guys that can provide a little scoring punch from the bottom six.

I know people nag on him for the big 4 (specifically Marner) but could anyone predict a pandemic would happen. No

Dubas has learned from that and has made good signings, draft choices, and has built a pretty good team in this cap hell era. Like lets be real this playoff loss was not on him it was on the players.

I still think there could be one more move but meh I like what's been done so far

Either way the off season is still going strong and there are still some names out there
Alfie11 et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 23
Quoting: aadoyle
I know people nag on him for the big 4 (specifically Marner) but could anyone predict a pandemic would happen. No

Dubas has learned from that and has made good signings, draft choices, and has built a pretty good team in this cap hell era. Like lets be real this playoff loss was not on him it was on the players.

I still think there could be one more move but meh I like what's been done so far

Yeah it bugs me when people try to pin things on Dubas. I think Marner is overpaid because he’s a playmaking winger (goal-scorers and centres both make more money because they’re more valuable) but like, he finished 4th in points. It was a solid investment. Matthews is arguably outperforming his contract, and Tavares and Nylander are both at the very least fairly paid. Dubas has then followed that up with several very savvy moves (Bunting, Kampf, Campbell, and Kase all make 1.65mil or less, and all are very key signings that will solidify their scoring depth [to an extent, not as good as Tampa’s was this year but better than anyone would have expected looking at the Leafs cap situation prior to free agency] and more importantly, their special teams, with a dedicated PK centre and a couple PP2 options). The real issue is the players not getting it done, obviously. Can’t blame Dubas for believing in guys that anyone would look at and go yeah, those guys are a good bet to believe in.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
How good is this?
Marchand-Crosby-Nylander
Iafallo-Hintz-Lindholm
Janmark-Pageau-Armia
Carrier-Grant-Reaves

Chychrun-Tanev
McNabb-Serghachev
Borowiecki-Stecher

Hellebuyck
Francouz
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 24
TheBulinWall
Rejoint: août 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 303

If they go ahead and sign Nick Ritchie to a reasonable deal it would be another sneaky good deal. 3 relatively young forwards with Bunting, Ritchie and Kase to replace Hyman, Foligno and Glachenyuk
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 25
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
How good is this?
Marchand-Crosby-Nylander
Iafallo-Hintz-Lindholm
Janmark-Pageau-Armia
Carrier-Grant-Reaves

Chychrun-Tanev
McNabb-Serghachev
Borowiecki-Stecher

Hellebuyck
Francouz

Extremely good. Definitely contenders.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 28
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: BulinWall
If they go ahead and sign Nick Ritchie to a reasonable deal it would be another sneaky good deal. 3 relatively young forwards with Bunting, Ritchie and Kase to replace Hyman, Foligno and Glachenyuk

I like Ritchie but I hate his penalty taking problem. Keefe especially hates that kind of player. Honestly it could still happen but I got a feeling Chucky might be coming back as he has really good chemistry with Tavares and Nylander
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm

Either way the off season is still going strong and there are still some names out there

When without the pandemic, only giving 5 years to AM and 6 to MM is a major loss, cause they aren't locked for very long. The pact that these deals aren't at the very least 7 years is a major issue.

Also between 2018 and 2020 he only made 1 move to address the defense, Muzzin. Barrie is a forward and Ceci sucked. In 2020 he made 2 (Bogo and Brodie) but the fact he refused to address the major gaps on defense is on him and also the fact he waited way too long to fire Babs, the fact he took MONTHS to solve the backup issue when it was clear for much longer it was one, the fact he refused to sell high on guys like Dermott and Johnsson in 2019 (Dermott had had a good rookie season and Johnsson showed top 6 promise). Had he moved these 2 then for a top 4 d-man (even if it meant adding a pick or two to such a deal) the team would've been is a much better shape.

Also the team has 0 grit as it stands. Komarov... gone Kadri.,. gone... Brown... gone... Foligno... gone... Hyman... gone ... Bogosian... gone

And I know what you'll say. Komarov got too much which is right, that Brown was needed to get rid of Zaitsev (who magically turned his career around in OTT and turned into a reliable (overpaid tho) number 4) and that Hyman was asking for too much but the fact remains he hasn't added anything.

Simmonds can barely play hockey so I don't count him as «grit»
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Kase to Toronto

Oh look yet another player that's elite according to the analytics cult and yet he's way below average. How surprising by Dubas.

Seriously he adds nothing TOR doesn't already have.
pastrnak_is_my_dad a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 35
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 113
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Oh look yet another player that's elite according to the analytics cult and yet he's way below average. How surprising by Dubas.

Seriously he adds nothing TOR doesn't already have.

agreed don't understand the move by TOR I guess its smart to get a low risk high reward guy but there's nick Ritchie out there, way more physical and also a LW
30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 30 juill. 2021 à 20 h 58
Quoting: pastrnak_is_my_dad
agreed don't understand the move by TOR I guess its smart to get a low risk high reward guy but there's nick Ritchie out there, way more physical and also a LW

Ritchie takes to many dumb penalties really dont want him on this team
30 juill. 2021 à 21 h 19
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Kase to Toronto, good move, if he can stay healthy
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 21 h 22
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Kase to Toronto, good move, if he can stay healthy

And apparently Ritchie could be next

Don't like his penalty habits but he is an intriguing player
30 juill. 2021 à 21 h 23
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
And apparently Ritchie could be next

Don't like his penalty habits but he is an intriguing player

I thoughe Boston should’ve given a QA to Ritchie, i ljke him
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 21 h 27
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 30 juill. 2021 à 22 h 13
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I thoughe Boston should’ve given a QA to Ritchie, i ljke him

The QA was 2mill and Sweeney wasn't comfortable with it or something. But honestly given how that team is built right now they really got no need for him. In general despite the fact he did well people most bruins fans were glad to seem him gone due to taking dumb penalties almost every game

Like rn projections are

The Bergeron line
Hall-Coyle-Smith
Debrusk-Haula-Foligno
Fredric-Nosek-Wagner

and that honestly aint bad

Now if he comes to Toronto we could see

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Ritchie-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Kase
Simmonds-Kampf-Spezza
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 22 h 21
Hakuna Matata
Man the Eichel situation is getting ugly fast

Devil, justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and 2 others a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 22 h 44
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077

Oof
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 23 h 33
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448

I fail to see what Sabres is trying to accomplish by not getting Eichel that surgery
MitchMarner_16 et yikes a aimé ceci.
30 juill. 2021 à 23 h 51
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,426
Quoting: justaBoss
I fail to see what Sabres is trying to accomplish by not getting Eichel that surgery

Sabres moment
justaBoss, KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2021 à 0 h 12

They’ve only heard the Brian Burke story about not getting the best deal for Pavel Bure 27 times, so it hasn’t quite sunk in yet about what happens when you further alienate stars that demand a trade.
justaBoss et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2021 à 0 h 29
Hakuna Matata

I guess they fear it either lowers the value or could hurt his career. As we dont know how he will be when he comes back
31 juill. 2021 à 0 h 51
Hakuna Matata
So according to Hughes and Petterson's agent (JP Barry)

The contract talks between himself and the Canucks have stalled not because of money but term

His clients don't want long term deals but want a boatload of money. Seems to me they want to go straight to UFA status and bail lul. He also cites cap space as a problem

My guess rn is Canucks want to give 8 years but the 2 clients want 5-6 years
31 juill. 2021 à 2 h 14

The contract talks between himself and the Canucks have stalled not because of money but term

His clients don't want long term deals but want a boatload of money. Seems to me they want to go straight to UFA status and bail lul. He also cites cap space as a problem

Yeah you can’t have it both ways lol. You either take max term or you take a bridge, with the money changing up accordingly, you don’t get the exact term you want (ever, that just doesn’t happen in RFA negotiations) and you shouldn’t demand all the money regardless of term. Good NHL teams won’t walk you right to free agency, especially not if they’re paying through the noise. Whatever takes them right to UFA (4 years?) shouldn’t ever be on the table. 2-3 year bridge at ~6.5-7.5 or 7-8 years at ~8-9 would be all I’d do as a GM for a star like that tbh. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them get matching 3x7 deals, they’ve been all the rage recently for superstars (Barzal, Tkachuk, Point, Laine, DeBrincat are all on bridge deals like that).
aadoyle a aimé ceci.
31 juill. 2021 à 4 h 29
GM CRIME DAWG
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,686

Are you saying JB is NOT on top of it?
Whaaaaa, how is that possible. Heard an insider fan/someone say he's only made 1-bad deal this entire off-season!
LOL...
MitchMarner_16 et aadoyle a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage